shape
carat
color
clarity

So Ladies, what''s the timeframe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sometime in the next month, but I''m hoping for this weekend. The save-the-date cards have to get out!

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
39.gif
probably 2 years!!!
39.gif

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
I feel you, Wistful. I''ll be here just as long!!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Sometime this summer. I dont even care when this summer I just want it to be the right season already! Thats enough for me
2.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
The timeframe was December ''08, but then he changed it to "definitely in ''09". I really have no idea when this year, though, or if he''ll even stay true to his word this time.
40.gif

We''re going on a trip to Chicago in May, and I''m sort of hoping he''ll do it then, but I don''t want to get my hopes up..
And if May is a no-go, my next hopeful date would be early June, before he leaves to work up North for 10 weeks..

goodfun7580

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I have no idea. FF has only had the ring for almost 9 months, so surely it can''t be too much longer. If I had to guess, I''d say in the next 3 months.
33.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for your Gwen!!!!

How long were you guys apart?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
He has 2 months because that''s what he told me. If I have to wait any longer I may have to learn the words to tlh''s LIW songs!
31.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Too far away to guess. Sometime within the next year or two. Blah
20.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sigh, 2011 at the earliest I think! We graduate in 2010, and we were thinking it''d be good to get through the first year working before engagement (and the stress of wedding planning). Plus it''ll give us a chance to save up money for the ring and wedding. But I wish it was sooner! I told him my perfect time for engagement was the summer after graduation
27.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 2:08:26 PM
Author: NakedFinger
Date: 2/24/2009 1:47:18 PM

Author: nail_polish

Date: 2/24/2009 1:45:46 PM

Author: LabRatPhD

I''d guess in the next 2 months. The ring has been purchased and SO is ready, so whenever he decides on a creative way to pop the question!

DITTO.

In 44 days or less :)

Double Ditto.

Ring is in production, so by the time its completed, and he comes up with a way to ask, I''d say the next 30-45 days.
36.gif

YAY! Maybe we''ll be proposal-day twins!
36.gif

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock

What a great find! Thanks for sharing :)

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 8:12:23 PM
Author: sammyj
He has 2 months because that''s what he told me. If I have to wait any longer I may have to learn the words to tlh''s LIW songs!
31.gif

I am intrigued... :|

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 6:43:19 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
Sometime in the next month, but I''m hoping for this weekend. The save-the-date cards have to get out!
OOO good luck! *DUST*

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I realized I posted this thread and didn''t respond!

I would guess it''s anywhere form 2 to 6 months from now. We''re going to visit Excel in NYC next month so as soon as that''s squared away, it could be anytime!

With all the ladies saying it will be really soon, I''m so excited. It should be an active spring on the LIW list.

36.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Boyfriend said no more than 2 years. Still feels TOO LONG, though!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I think I can safely say anywhere from 6 weeks to 4 months. We have a family trip planned soon and since we don''t see our family often (we live thousands of miles away), I hope he understands that it would be ideal and special to be engaged BEFORE then so that we can kind of have an informal celebration with them. We''ll see.

I''m so tired of hoping by then... hoping before this... hoping period.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:13:51 PM

31.gif

Check out this thread. It''s the 4th post. She''s a gem!
9.gif

bluebell

Shiny_Rock
We are both ready now, but hopefully by the end of summer 2010. We will be out of school and hopefully have jobs.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I honestly cant see it happening for at least a couple of years now
39.gif
we spent all our ring money travelling...and now with the economy we wont be able to save up for it again
38.gif
its most upsetting. Cry....
7.gif

KatM

Shiny_Rock
wow, so many of you are so close!

i''m in the same boat with the other couple of years people.

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Well he''s supposed to propose to me by next March. Last March we went to see a counselor because I was irritated that he wouldn''t give me a date for a proposal and I told him that if he really loved me, then he''d go to the counseling session. He went to the counseling session, and together, we all decided that he''d be comfortable with proposing to me by March 2010. lol. I''ve recently asked him if he thinks that we''re still on the same timeframe, and he said yes, as long as he has a job by then. Right now I''m just hoping that he gets a job soon because this economy sux
8.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:23:30 PM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 2/24/2009 4:12:50 PM
Author: Still_Waiting

Date: 2/24/2009 1:39:21 PM

Author: swedish bean

One month
36.gif
and if not, he is so in trouble (again!) He''s had the ring for FOUR MONTHS NOW. I''m dying.
11.gif

We are going to Vegas to look at venues on March 30th.. and he says it''ll be before then! So... we''ll see.

You and Tril...I don''t know HOW you guys do it, knowing your SOs have the ring! I''d go insane!

I''m guessing my SO won''t be proposing for a year or more (maybe with his bonus money next year, if they get one?). But one thing I know for sure is that he''ll be slipping that puppy onto my finger the second it''s in his possession. He can''t buy me a gift and not give it to me the moment he gets home from the store! LOL (Maybe that''s why he always waits until the last minute to start shopping! LOL) *Sigh* Oh, how I do love him!

LOL, you got me thinking! I should tell him that I know, and then we''ll have like a hostage situation, and I can camp out at his apt, refusing to leave until my demands are met! LOL, that would probably put some fire under his tush!

Or he would leave me for being crazy. But you never know... you push a LIW too far...
27.gif
11.gif
27.gif

ETA: I must be reading too many of TLH''s posts! lol
I LOVE it!...but let''s hope for the first outcome and NOT the second!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I *was* thinking by the 12th of next month, but due to new circumstances, I know that won't happen. It will definitely be before the end of the year, and hopefully before the 1st half of the year is over. We have a trip planned to Miami in April, however, I'm leaning towards after May since his sister is getting married in May, and he doesn't want to steal her thunder with an engagement so close to the wedding.

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:08:39 AM
Date: 2/24/2009 10:13:51 PM

He has 2 months because that's what he told me. If I have to wait any longer I may have to learn the words to tlh's LIW songs!
31.gif

Check out this thread. It's the 4th post. She's a gem!
9.gif

I don't want to threadjack but OH MY GOODNESS.. THAT IS BRILLIANT
9.gif
It's stuck in my head now hahaha!

Thanks sammyj for pointing it out and tlh for your wisdom
27.gif

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
I was originally thinking it would be this April/May. But now because of his strange job situation, I''m thinking probably sometime between August and December of this year.

I think he is enjoying teasing me with it! Ugh, men do not understand how aggravating it is to have to wait and guess about such a life-changing event. I hate having no control over it!!!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Wistful & Fuzzers, I''m on the same boat! ahh... it just kills me! (but then again, sometimes I DO get cold-feet thinking about being married...)

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
I''m HOPING before June. It had better be before the end of this year or he is dead! And some of you thought you were dramatic! Ha ha!
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Awww, you guys are so sweet--yeah, it does feel really great to be sure. He''s so funny, now that I''m 100% there with him with the marriage thing, he keeps saying, "Man, I wish we could just skip all this other stuff and just be married already." Definitely no commitment-phobe here, oi!
3.gif

Date: 2/24/2009 7:59:07 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I am so happy for your Gwen!!!!

How long were you guys apart?
Well, we had two different rounds of long-distance. We were international long-distance (5000 miles or so apart) for a little over 2.5 years. Then I came to England for grad school, so we were in the same country but still 200 miles apart, and that lasted for about a year. THEN we finally moved in together about 6 months ago, which was the first time we spent regular life together, instead of ''special, visiting time'' together, which is what I needed to make sure we were still compatible with real life stresses and stuff.

So, all in all, we were apart for 3.5 years (well, more like 3.75 to be precise). He was ready to get engaged/married almost 2 years ago, so he''s been a very patient dude-in-waiting.
1.gif

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Anywhere from tomorrow to the last day in April. Mind you, that''s just what he''s told me. Who knows if it''s true?

I''m so excited! He asked me EXACTLY what ring I wanted, so I know what I''m getting. Which, actually, I would prefer because I''m SO picky. And if he proposed to me with a ring I didn''t like, of course I''d be thrilled and accept, but my traitorous face would give away my displeasure with the ring LOL. I think he knows me well enough to know that, so he had me pick it out haha.

But he doesn''t have it yet, I know HIM well enough to know that much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results