shape
carat
color
clarity

So Ladies, what''s the timeframe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I would say about 2 years, which is perfect for me

ringless

Shiny_Rock
I think I've been jinxing myself by guessing... but I'm going to throw in that it will happen this year most defintely! Possibly this spring! I am just not sure when... {sigh}

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
If you asked me at Thanksgiving, I would''ve said by New Years.

If you asked me in January, I would have said by the end of February.

All that time, I thought BF was working on a plan of some sort. Turns out he hadn''t taken any action whatsoever to aquire our family diamonds from my mom, until about a week ago. Now we have the sparklies, I told him he needs to move forward with this or just tell me he''s not ready so I can adjust my expectations accordingly! Men!!!
29.gif

My best guess at the moment is either sometime within the next 2 weeks, or never! Will keep y''all posted. Dust please!
4.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m not too sure now. I was hoping by our anniversary next week, but I changed my setting, so it wouldn''t have been here in time for then according to the site. Anywho, he asked my dad for permission on Saturday, and I found out that he bought the ring, so now I have no clue. If it''s here by next Thursday, then maybe for then. If not, maybe out vacay to Miami on 4/2. If not then, maybe my birthday on 4/27. If not then, then after his sister''s wedding on 5/16.
I guess it all boils down to sometime before June, so less than 3 months.
To the girls who know their SO''s have the ring, I give you kudos!!!! I''m going nuts already, and the ring isn''t even here!!!!!
37.gif

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
It should be anywhere from 2 to 6 months. May of next year at THE VERY ABSOLUTE LATEST (as we''re having a May 2011 wedding for sure and need a year at the very least to plan.)

We are going "diamond browsing" this Saturday, so even if he buys the diamond the next day (which I''m sure he won''t), it''ll take at least six weeks to custom make the setting and set the stone and a week after that at the soonest for him to actually propose.

More realistically, it should take him about a month to find and purchase a stone, another 2 months to get the setting made and the stone set, and yet another 2 months to plan and execute his proposal. So that''s almost 6 months right there IF he''s actually serious and gets right down to business (which my "informant" says he is and will.) So I''m thinking it will be late summer, giving me a little less than 2 years to plan my wedding (perfect!)

I''ve completely overanalyzed this situation, but as a 5 year LIW, what else was I supposed to do in my spare time? ;-)

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 3:46:26 AM
Author: Feralpenchant
... but my traitorous face would give away my displeasure with the ring LOL.

LOL. I''d probably do the same thing.... darn the traitorous face!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:49:30 PM
Author: adhesive
...but as a 5 year LIW, what else was I supposed to do in my spare time? ;-)

GASP! I''m a 5-year LIW as well! To be honest, I''ve been shy in telling people it''s been 5 years... when they hear that, they ALWAYS tell me to break it off... but why should I when we''re both happy together? and I''m not exactly in a rush to get married anyway...

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
OK, well based on the conversations over the past few days I''m gonna say that I can expect to be engaged sometime between May and August. Holy crap.

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
Cleokizzy: Yay! Another person in the same boat as me!
I''m actually facing the opposite problem as you. When I tell people (that I know personally) that we have been waiting 5 years and are ready to get married, I am met with the response "what''s the rush? You''re still a baby! Take your time. Are you SURE that HE''S the one? You know, marriage is FOREVER..."
29.gif
Take my TIME??? As if 5 years isn''t long enough to decide whether I''m in love with someone or not??
But I can see their concern, as we started dating when I was very young, and he was 5 years older than I was... and I''m "still very young" according to most. When I tell people I know who DON''T know my age that it''s been 5 years, they tell me to dump him. It''s a lose lose situation where I get the worst of both worlds... so I feel ya.
It''s actually quite interesting. Evidently, it''s not a length of time of being together that society uses to gauge the appropriateness of a marriage, it''s more an age. I''d like to know at exactly what point it''s considered acceptable, by the public''s very mainstream view of things, to tie the knot. Where''s the fine line between "take your time, there''s no rush" and "5 years? Dump him." Its quite funny how humans are naturally drawn to "judge" whether or not another person is living out their lives "correctly" or in a way that''s not threatening to or radically different from anybody else''s...
But I digress... and have gotten WAY off topic. Way to go for standing up for what you want. I agree that if you love someone and KNOW that you want to be together forever, the ceremony and the ring don''t change a thing - married or not, you''ll still be together forever and should make decisions about your future together based on what YOU think is best for your relationship.

On another note, do you have any ideas about when you''d like to have the wedding? If you''re thinking May 2011, we''d be LIW twins!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results