shape
carat
color
clarity

So in love with my new CBI studs from HPD!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am over the moon excited to introduce my newly acquired CBI studs! I have admittedly been a bit “studs crazy” of late, as I recently introduced my new CER studs from Victor Canera, which I absolutely adore! However, prior to embarking on my vintage studs project I had spent several months searching for the perfect MRB studs. I had originally planned to stick with a single pair of studs, but as I am enjoying alternating between vintage and modern rings I thought it would be fun to add both flavors of stud earrings to my collection as well. This studs project has been about 15 years in the making, so I guess that all of the excitement got the best of me, and I am so glad that it did!

Now anyone who has ever worked with Wink at HPD will tell you that he is not only a consummate professional, but also one of the most delightful people you will ever encounter. However, after this most recent experience I can safely add “saint” to his many descriptors. When I began my studs search last year I was convinced that I wanted something in the 1.6-1.8ctw range. I had visited a B&M store and tried several pairs on, and I was all but confident in this size. So when a beautiful .9ct CBI diamond popped up on the HPD site I eagerly ordered it, just to test it out, only to decide that it wasn’t quite right. I then thought that something in the 2ctw range would be amazing, but second guessed myself and ordered a set of 1.25ct stones just so I could quell any lingering questions in my mind. But alas, as soon as I held them up I knew that they were just a bit too overpowering for my dainty little earlobes. I was quite frustrated with myself for wavering back and forth so much, but I was determined to get it right. Throughout this process Wink was exceedingly patient, continually assuring me that there was no wrong choice to be made, only the choice that was most right for me.

In the meantime, don’t you know that a perfectly matched pair of 1.06ct diamonds had popped up! When I went back to Wink to request them he was exceedingly gracious as always, and all I can say is that the third time really was the charm! These diamonds are pure sparkle and so gorgeous, and truly the perfect match for each other as well! :love:

Then came the somewhat daunting task of selecting a setting. I had never worked with CvB and had been enamored with her 8-prong Abby setting for quite a while (those dainty prongs make my heart skip a beat!), so I decided to go that route. Although I am really happy with the way this project turned out, in light of the many gorgeous pieces I have seen from HPD’s bench recently I would just as happily trust the setting to them if I were ever to upgrade in the future!

I should also note that at the outset of this project I had G/H VS diamonds firmly in mind; however, I actually ended up with G VVS2 studs. You might ask why on earth I would go with VVS2 clarity for earrings, and it is a reasonable question, especially as I was initially drawn to a beautiful pair of G VS1 stones (it is really just a mind clean thing, after all!). However, I discovered that Paul Slegers regularly discounts his VVS1-2 stones below market, often even matching the price of VS1 stones of the same color and size, and after making a few comparisons the choice of VVS2 stones was clear. Mind clean diamonds for the win!

Also, for those who like the stats, here you go… these diamonds really are like peas in a pod!

1.057 and 1.062ct (2.1ctw)
G VVS2
6.51 x 6.56 mm and 6.55 x 6.59 mm
Tables: 56.7%
Crown angles: 34.5%
Pavilion angles: 40.7 and 40.8%
LGFs: 76

Long story short, I am beyond thrilled with these earrings, and the sparkle factor is out of this world! I intend to keep these earrings for a very long time, but on the off chance that I get tempted to upgrade at some point, HPD makes it super simple; in fact, I have to say that the flexibility of their trade-in policy is pretty darn awesome! The many years of waiting this project out were completely worth it, and even in my wildest dreams I never envisioned a pair of studs as amazing as these! :love: It is always a distinct pleasure to work with the HPD team, and I am beyond grateful to Wink for his infinite kindness and patience throughout this project. He is truly a gem in his own right!

The photos do not do justice to the beauty of these stunners! Without further ado, here they are!!

Image-97.jpg Image-99.jpg Image-100.jpg Image-102.jpg IMG_3498.JPG IMG_3504.JPG

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Wow I am in love with them as well! So beautiful.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
That is some impressive ear bling :appl:

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous! ❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so beautifully cut & a great size on you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice!!! I love the setting you put them in too!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting and the prefect size! Congratulations, just fabulous :love:, I love them

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous CBI diamonds and fantastic settings by Caysie!:love: The perfect combination! I think they look great on you, but I think you could certainly go up to 1.25-1.3. ;)):lol: (My disclaimer: serial studs upgrader here!)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I see is white. Those studs are amazing!!! You are on a tear @carbonfan !!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular!!!! These are perfect.
Congratulations!!!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
They look perfect on your ear... congratulations lovely pair :kiss2:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I have never seen such gorgeous earrings. :love:
Congratulations @carbonfan ! :appl:
I already kmow that you are part of the CBI family, please add them to the SMTB CBI thread.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HPD's inventory couldn't have given you a clearer sign - these stones were meant to be :mrgreen2::appl:And those are just the perfect mounts :kiss2:

So now you've got precision-cut old european studs and precision-cut modern round brilliant studs! :cool2: I'll be very interested to hear how you find yourself choosing between them!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous. Congratulations.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely fabulous!!! They are the perfect size! :love:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! I'm gobsmacked by how beautiful those are!!! I agree with all of your impressions of Wink/HPD/CBI, they're so delightful. You're going to BLIND people with those sparklers on!!! :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your MRB studs. Now you have the best of both. :kiss2:

Of course you will have to share your impressions with us as to which become your favorite studs and which ones you wear more frequently. Tough choice I know but we all have our favorites.:kiss: And it really is all about variety being the spice of life. :appl:

And IMO both pairs are the perfect size!!!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I am in the middle of a stud earring project of about the same size right now (though not super ideals), so your pics are super helpful. They look amazing on your ears! Congrats!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh stunning! To die for. Wow. Those settings are wonderful too! They look perfect on you. Also really enjoyed your story, sounds like you had amazing customer service and doesn't that just sweeten the experience.

Starting to want to see a collection of all your gorgeous jewels in one shot, now... :lickout:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are perfect on you!!!! Congratulations!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection :love:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:appl:They are gorgeous!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in love with them too!!

Congratulations on your beautiful new earrings. :))

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, congrats, they look like the perfect size on you too!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh stunning!!! Definitely meant to be and the stones look so bright and gorgeous!! :love::love::love:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results