shape
carat
color
clarity

So frustrated! No stones for 6 months!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stones are here, and he sent an extra as an apology. They are excellently cut, although the moonstone isn't quite as colored as I hoped from the rough, but obviously that's not his fault at all. I'll update with pics soon, but wanted those following to know he delivered, and all is well :)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just came across this thread today. Lovedogs, you’ve been a lot more patient than I was. Here’s my experience with this same vendor. I purchased a round emerald in July. I arranged to have him drop it off to GIA for grading & paid up front for the stone / GIA fee. After about a month, I asked for an update. He said GIA was busy. I wasn’t in a terrible hurry & thought ok, well, he can’t do anything about the timing. After about another month, I asked again. I got the same response. At this point, I was getting pretty frustrated & told him I was considering a refund. He said ok but less the GIA fee. I waited another 2 weeks & nothing. I sent off a note to PayPal to dispute the charges. He refunded the complete amount (including GIA fee) without any issues. I promptly unfollowed him & ceased communication. I know I won’t be doing business with him again. I am aware people get sick & things happen. While I’m not entitled to know the specifics of his illness, I deserved some honesty that he simply was not able to get to GIA to pick up my stone. Or better yet, could have ate the cost the cost of shipping from GIA to him. I’ve had vendors in the past make excuses & I’m fed up with this bs behaviour. No vendor would allow a customer to say for 10 wks “I’m getting a cheque to you tomorrow” & no customer should wait months to receive their item much less a slew of stalling excuses. I’m not telling you this story to ruin this guy. I’m telling my story so that others will know this behaviour is going on. If Lovedogs hadn’t started this thread, I would have continued to think my experience was an isolated one. I’ve also felt guilty that perhaps I acted with haste. Now I feel validated I made the right decision.

I hope Lovedogs you can either get your stones or a full refund without delay.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad you received an apology, and something extra for the inconvenience. It doesn't excuse the other actions, but that, at least, is good customer service.

Glad to hear that you received your stones.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you got your stones!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad it worked out and you got your order. I thought you were being more than reasonable.

In contrast, I ordered a ring from someone and about a week later she posted on her Instagram that she had health issues and directed inquiries to her husband. I get that not everyone has a spouse to help out, but the point is that she was transparent and explained why she wouldn’t be responding directly. A little information goes a long way.

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Glad you got your order! Do post the goodies :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got your order! Do post the goodies :kiss2:
Here are pics! The red / pink tourmaline is the one I had him recut. The 2nd mint garnet was a gift from him. The orange is a spess. 20181229_075341.jpg 20181229_075426.jpg

I also had him cut 2 moonstones, one rainbow and one blue sheen. I feel like kind of an idiot, because after all this drama/frustration, I'm not sure I even like "gem quality" moonstone! Grrrr! Here are some pics, what do the moonstone experts, like @Burmesedaze think??

20181229_075236.jpg 20181229_075238.jpg 20181229_075231.jpg 20181229_075255.jpg 20181229_075240.jpg 20181229_075251.jpg

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here are pics! The red / pink tourmaline is the one I had him recut. The 2nd mint garnet was a gift from him. The orange is a spess. 20181229_075341.jpg 20181229_075426.jpg

I also had him cut 2 moonstones, one rainbow and one blue sheen. I feel like kind of an idiot, because after all this drama/frustration, I'm not sure I even like "gem quality" moonstone! Grrrr! Here are some pics, what do the moonstone experts, like @Burmesedaze think??

20181229_075236.jpg 20181229_075238.jpg 20181229_075231.jpg 20181229_075255.jpg 20181229_075240.jpg 20181229_075251.jpg

Love the mint garnets!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mmm doesn't have a full sheen all round. Depends on the price you paid for them.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm doesn't have a full sheen all round. Depends on the price you paid for them.
Yeah, I don't like how they look clear at some angles/lighting. Didn't pay much at all, $150 each, and each is over 2ct (didn't measure yet). I know some people like the clear/watery look, but I'm realizing that I don't! Ugh!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones! How will you set them?
I also like the romantic moonstones. It does not have the full colour like, but I do like them.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones and glad things worked out!

I had a similar experience with the transparent moonstones...prefer my opaque one (which I LOVE despite knowing its not considered "ideal") and never got around to setting my clearer one. Looks better in the box than on my hand. Someone mentioned to me that they look better set with a closed back?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes closed back to bring out the colours. Black is good.

Same for me. I like a balance of semi translucency and colour.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes closed back to bring out the colours. Black is good.

Same for me. I like a balance of semi translucency and colour.

Thanks! And @lilmosun thanks for your info as well! I think I'm going to try and sell these 2 and get a more opaque or faceted stone. I put them on preloved for now, and will see what happens. Oh well. Lesson learned!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results