shape
carat
color
clarity

So as it turns out...maybe...NOT a heart attack?

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mrs B, so sorry to read this, just came in to check on you before going to bed.
Keeping you in my thoughts and Praying that tomorrow brings a clear diagnosis and the prognosis is an excellent one.
Hope you can have some peaceful sleep tonight xo

1589969126343.png 1589969126343.png

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’re in my thoughts and prayers @mrs-b, I hope you get some answers soon, stay strong... big hugs xx

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding to the chorus of good wishes and hopes for a diagnosis soon. Anything concrete to work with so you know what you’re dealing with has to be better than this constant, frightening, exhausting unpredictability. All fingers and paws crossed here for you

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck today @mrs-b !!!

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.45.49 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I pray for you at the best of times. Now too.
I know nothing of comparable illness, just immagine - that your doctors are narrowing down a list of possibilities & many must have been ruled out by now. What you describe is terrifying - every kind of disarray at once! ,( I doubt I could take half of what you have.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending continued good thoughts and this serene picture of the Connecticut river with a view of the Arrigoni Bridge.

IMG_8464.jpg

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Uncertainty is the worst. Prayers, prayers and more prayers that they will find something soon and these horrible symptoms will subside. Keeping you in my thoughts.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b -- I am sending all of my healing thoughts your way. What an awful experience to be going through. It is so telling that you are feeling much worse than when you had your battle with cancer, which must have been the absolute worst you could imagine at the time. I am hoping you and your docs are headed for a more definitive diagnosis and treatment soon, so you can regain your strength and enjoyment of life.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wishing you comfort for your soul as well as for your body. I have shared somewhere on Pricescope how ill I became before my most recent colonoscopy (during the prep). The migraine; vomiting when there there was nothing left to vomit for hours, ridiculously high blood pressure. Yes, the prep feels as if it is going to kill you or at least prepare you to die during your procedure. And you have been through 1,000 times more pain and procedures before this prep than I went through before mine. Mine was routine.

I know you say that you feel our presence. I pray that God is with you and that He brings you the strength of all the people who love and care about you, those in your "real" life and those of us know you from the Internet.

I will look for some funny Newfoundland puppy videos to post later. My heart is with you.

Hugs,
Deb

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I hope all is well with you today. lots of distant hugs from Florida (non germy, promise!)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Praying for you, Mrs. B!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some videos of Newfoundlands drinking water out of their water bowls. When we first got our Newfie he was already considered full grown (although it turned out that he still had a lot of filling out to do). He weighed 124 pounds. He hated cars but had to be in the very back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee for a drive from Cape Cod to southern Connecticut. I had put a large dish of water in the back with him, and and he ended up sitting in it. for the journey. Typical of a Newfie, but I didn't know the breed then as well as I was to come to.

I hope these vdeos lift your spirits.

Deb :))

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Praying for you today! Hope you find comfort and answers.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a physician, wanted to be one, but boys, booze and laziness. That said come and go symptoms sound like hormones, now you have the gyno situation last year right? or 2 years ago, (remember I'm older than you).. I'm sure they checked this all out but comes and goes is regulation, what regulates our body temperature? the hypothalamus, temperature regulated by prostaglandins - hormones.

Prostaglandin: One of a number of hormone-like substances that participate in a wide range of body functions such as the contraction and relaxation of smooth muscle, the dilation and constriction of blood vessels, control of blood pressure, and modulation of inflammation.

I am SURE you have the best physicians possible MrsB. I'm not trying to even 2nd guess them just noodlin'...

THEY WILL get to the bottom of this I AM sure.. but my bet is on some type of runaway hormone..

I am so sorry that this is going on during covid-19 (actually I wish it wasn't going on at all) I've met the Mr. and he's a wonderful guy married to a spectacular and wonderful woman, I'm so glad you have this to keep your spirits up because you also have all of us! we love you, if the world were full of Mrs.Bs and Missy's and Jimmianne's and Mambean's and Niffler75's hell this would be the best of ever world..

Just so you know, MY HEART TO YOURS.. words just words I know but I mean it.

with love, Kate.

@Tekate -

Kate - I have a bunch of very ugly symptoms I haven't shared here. Dizziness, vomiting, intense pain, heart arrhythmia, off the charts inflammation. My glucose has flown up and down, my blood pressure will double in an hour, then plummet the next hour - you name it, I've had it. Weird swelling that comes then goes, all the signs and symptoms of intestinal blockage, drops in body temperature, the full range of neurological symptoms - all of it. So yes, I've had all the serious stuff. Multiple times when I could neither stand nor talk. Carted off in an ambulance more than once. At one point when I was in the hospital and they were pumping me full of a dozen different drugs, my cardiologist described me as being 'in extremis'. And they just don't know what I have or what's wrong. But - whatever it is - I need a clear diagnosis and I need it soon. I've been seeing everyone from opthamology to oncology to rheumatology to infectious diseases. And all of this has been over the last 4 months, getting progressively worse. My good days are becoming more rare and the bad days...lots and lots. I've lost 45 lbs since January and have no interest in food any more.

My biggest fear is that tomorrow will show nothing. Because, honestly, I just don't feel like I can keep going on like this. Last year I had cancer, and I wasn't a quarter as ill as I am now. So all prayers and warm thoughts and support of all kinds are hugely appreciated.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, MrsBs post made me want to get on a plane and be there.. your response was great and we are lucky here to have a Matata! and a MrsB... good good people. xo

Reading all that you shared in response to Tekate's post gutted me. Sending hugs and keeping you in my thoughts. Are your docs sharing your symptoms with a larger group inside and/or outside the country in the event you've developed something so rare that only a minute number of doctors would recognize your symptoms? I hope you are able to post better news soon.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some videos of Newfoundlands drinking water out of their water bowls. When we first got our Newfie he was already considered full grown (although it turned out that he still had a lot of filling out to do). He weighed 124 pounds. He hated cars but had to be in the very back of my Jeep Grand Cherokee for a drive from Cape Cod to southern Connecticut. I had put a large dish of water in the back with him, and and he ended up sitting in it. for the journey. Typical of a Newfie, but I didn't know the breed then as well as I was to come to.

Oooohhh - well, that's it for me! I'm in love. <3

I've always said - I'm particularly fond of a badly behaved dog. And I am hugely fond of a BIG badly behaved dog. They're endearing beyond words. I have setters, and I'm just crazy in love with them.

ETA I've been home for about 15 minutes. Capsule study tomorrow.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Capsule study tomorrow.

Oh noes, I hope those little people running the camera in that capsule don't get lost.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More prayers going up....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata -

My health system is in Boston - medical capital of the world, and my specific hospital is the teaching hospital for Harvard. If they don't know about it here, nobody knows about it. I've been impressed by how far and wide they're looking, but no pattern is emerging. Their feeling is that this is more than one thing - most likely a combination of cardiac, GI and auto-immune - all coalescing in my aging body. Two weeks ago while I was in hospital, my C reactive protein went from 17 up to 280 and back down to 37 - in 5 days. That's not even supposed to be possible. My medical team stood at my bedside one day and watched my BP double in an hour, and my hands cramp up into claws and all the blood drain from my face, while I broke out into chills and my temp dropped to 95.5. I've never had anything like this before, and my attending said to me "If anyone tells you they know what this is, they're lying." And frankly, I believe him.

On the up (down?) side - my colonoscopy and endoscopy came back clear, except for a small patch of diverticulitis. I've been on pretty heavy antibiotics and steroids since my last trip to hospital a week ago, so the general thinking is that they've reduced the symptoms to the stage where they're now difficult to diagnose. They couldn't *not* treat them - I was just too ill - but now they're not acute and it's harder to get a clear picture.

But speaking of pictures - here's one of me when I returned home this morning. My GI attending laughed when she came into my cubicle to tell me my results after the procedure, as I was sitting in the chair next to the bed, waxing my eyebrows. Girl's gotta do something with her time and, besides, I was being picked up by the best man in the world and wanted to look a little more presentable. :) Seriously, if you didn't know I was ill.....

And now I'm going to bed. I'm beat.

20200520_130819.jpg

Last edited:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I’m getting a Newfie next month! This makes me more excited.

@Mrs-b— I hope you find answers soon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b How can you look so awesome after the day you've had?

I would look something like this! o_O

images.jpeg-1.jpg

Oh @Niffler75! I don't believe that for a second! I'm turning 60 in 4 weeks, and I'm really struggling to hold it all together! I was planning a facelift in September, but not now - I'll still be on too many blood thinners at that time, so will have to push it back a year. NOT happy about that. I would love - JUST ONCE - to come out of hospital with something I actually *wanted*! I don't mind going under the knife if I come out looking 45!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the photos taken during the procedure and there is at least one substantial black pocket in my gut, an area of swelling, and one large white ulcer. Would have been fascinated to see what it looked like before the drugs.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b How can you look so awesome after the day you've had?

I would look something like this! o_O

images.jpeg-1.jpg

+1

You do look awesome, @mrs-b! Glad you’re back home so you can rest.
Sending you healing dust and praying your medical team find what’s ailing you. For you, mrs-b, from our front yard:

C64617A4-5B9C-4A21-9275-F9417E64BD40.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m getting a Newfie next month! This makes me more excited.

@Mrs-b— I hope you find answers soon

The best of luck to you, eapj. They are the best dogs in the world. I used to think Golden Retrievers were before I got a Newfie (especially after adopting The Worst Dog In The World, who happened to be a purebred Lab). I lost mine a couple of years ago. There was never a gentler dog.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results