shape
carat
color
clarity

Sneak peek! My .55 ctw transitional cut earrings in vintage setting

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty earrings. How wonderful you were able to find a matching pair.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Another one joins the Oec/trans earring club! Very vintage looking, very pretty
36.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, marcyc -- I was very happy to find a matching stone! The biggest concern was buying the stone from someone (like Uppy
35.gif
) who knows the subtle differences between OEC, OMC, transitional cut, and my favorite -- the transitional cuts with the distinct checkerboard pattern
18.gif

gothgrrl -- the OEC/OMC/transitional cut club rocks (even in small sizes, which is so cool!).

I received the earrings yesterday and they are incredible! So perfect. Since yesterday I've taken about 100 photos, and, let me tell you, earrings are hard to photograph. And closeup photos of ears are just plain weird.

Uppy told me the only way she was able to resist these wonderful vintage settings is because she has small earlobes and she thought these would be too big for her ears. Well, I have large, blobby earlobes, so these earrings are the perfect thing for my ears - kinda like a halo effect
30.gif

Here's just a few photos...I'll start a new thread this week when I figure out how to take decent shots of these sweethearts. The settings are so finely detailed, the diamonds are perfectly matched, and they have great life to them - and a lot of fire, for such little guys. I did my math wrong -- they are .27 and .25, for a grand total of .52 ctw.

earxi6.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
2 of 3

earxi5.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
3 of 3
ear shot!
I don't have the posts seated tightly, so the earring is sitting low on my ear. In real life, they sit in the center of my lobe -- perfect!
Kind of a frizzy hair day -- sorry about that!

lftearA.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I lied...here's another photo...a close-up of the earrings. You can just barely make out the chunkier facet pattern in this photo. Of course I've got them all smudgy already! The color on these is I-J and the clarity is VS/SI1

CIMG1332i.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I''m so glad you posted more photos, especially the ear shot! I just joined the OEC/tranny club myself, and my stones are almost exactly the same size as yours, so I was particularly eager to see how they''d look on. Those have amazing presence (and you do NOT have a large, blobby earlobe!), and the settings were such a great find. Is the earring post in the center of the setting? That way, you could wear the hexagons with either the point or flat side up.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful, congratulations!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Sara, they look fabulous on your ears!!!! I''m glad you love them.
36.gif

And Cellentani, I agree that with these chunkier faceted stones the smaller sizes can give such an amazing presence! Like little stars flashing on your ears.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I love how it looks in your ear. Enjoy your new beautiful earrings.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fabulous on you Sara!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Sara, you''re making me swoon over those earrings.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

What will you come up with next?
3.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful earrings, Sara
30.gif
Now more ear shots, please
2.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 1:07:31 PM
Author: Uppy
OMG! Look!

Unbelievable -- they are the big sisters of my earrings! I like the additional bright-cut (or whatever it's called) on my settings better, though
9.gif
3.gif

Wonder what they'll sell for?

I lost track of my thread, ladies, I'm sorry -- I'll get going on my thank you's! More photos to come, I promise!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
These are just so pretty. Those facets are amazing.
4.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone for your compliments. These earrings are perfect, and I
30.gif
old cuts as earrings because the sparkle is soft and chunky -- kinda sexy yet romantic...

cellentani -- thanks, and, yes, the posts are in the center of the earrings (I'll take some photos of the back and sides) so I quickly discovered I can wear them with the points up or the flat side up -- right now I like them "point side up"!

zhuzhu -- thanks so much. Did you send your beautiful new watch out for restoration yet?

DiaDiva, yssie -- thank you, ladies, for your compliments!

Thanks, Lone_Wolfe. But you're one to talk -- you have a new diamond on your finger every week it seems! (I'm still not over my jealousy about those Eightstars you snagged -- LOL). Since you asked, though, I do have several fall projects in the planning stage -- both rings; one vintage and one custom-design...I'll be posting pathetic threads asking for help because as usual I can't make up my mind.

Thanks, risingsun, I'll take some more photos, I promise, once I figure out the trick to ear shots -- it's really tough; rings are way easier to photograph.

And Uppy, can I just say again how much fun it was to work with you and how great this project turned out!!?! Thanks so much.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 1:33:26 PM
Author: SparkleNut
These are just so pretty. Those facets are amazing.
4.gif

Thanks SparkleNut -- just saw your post. I'll try to get better photos of the facets because they are so pretty.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your bathroom mirror is a photo friend
2.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 1:34:16 PM
Author: sarap333

Thanks, Lone_Wolfe. But you''re one to talk -- you have a new diamond on your finger every week it seems! (I''m still not over my jealousy about those Eightstars you snagged -- LOL). Since you asked, though, I do have several fall projects in the planning stage -- both rings; one vintage and one custom-design...I''ll be posting pathetic threads asking for help because as usual I can''t make up my mind.
I''ll just have to show you pics of the custom pendant I''m having made.
31.gif
It''s going to have the 1.10 Eightstar along with a couple of ACA''s in it.
9.gif

You know I want more pics of these earrings and I can''t wait to see the next projects.....
3.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Sara,
they are simply beautiful in your ears!! More ear shots please!
35.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results