shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Purchases that Make me Happy (:

I don’t have calipers but looking at against other gemstones where I know the size, I’m going to say the moonstones are probably about 3mm. Small but mighty :). The ring is a size 6 but I have really small hands and it’s not as big on me as some other size 6 rings I have so I’m going to guess closer to 5.75.

This is making me go shopping for some calipers and a mandrel. As if I needed help feeding my obsession ;-)

Thanks for the info! Sounds like 5mm moonstones will be too large to use as sidestones for a ring for me.

And that reminds me to replace the batteries in my calipers....and buy a mandrel too, lol.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@Django0413 Lovely little ring! I love the contrast between the rainbow moonstones & ruby!

@Gloria27 I've inherited what was my mother's lilac bush which she was given from my grandmother, so lilacs are very symbolic and meaningful to me. Your ring is so sweet!

@autumngems I searched for them a few days ago from my purchases, to see if I wanted to bid on anything else and was shocked to see nothing listed, that may be why you can't find them. Also how does one link a seller here?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to add my most recent small purchases to the thread & they're both loose stones!

This 2.48ct 8x12x6mm solid Australian Crystal opal from Lightning Ridge with a floral pattern.

$115 won through auction from Kucina Opals on eBay.

It will definitely be a ring but I'm unsure of how I'll set it! Either something sleek and bezel set NS orientation with miligrain OR something artsy and modern set in claws EW orientation with a little 3.5mm OEC set next to it on the band.

s-l400.jpg
https://youtu.be/C3JC3JIt4zoU9o

I also just bought the sweetest pair of raw spessartite garnets for only $40!

They are a lovely cubic shape and are approximately 4.5mm & .70cts each!

I'm planning to create the daintiest dangle earrings out of them with rose gold fish hooks & little rose gold claw settings that hold them! I want them close to the ear lobe & to look like little dangling candies!

il_794xN.1735479241_snoj.jpg
il_794xN.1688016352_lmzt.jpg

Spessartite earrings are finished & on their way to me!

Details:
- Pair of raw cuboidal orange soda spessartite garnets
- Set in solid 14k rose gold cage settings with four claws holding the stones in on both sides

I love how sweet these turned out and the entire project was under $180 (including the gems.) I always admire the rough & raw versions of colored stones but never know how to quite interpret them into fine daily wear jewelry so these are so fun!

il_794xN.2882136745_dd7j.jpg
il_794xN.2882136791_194l.jpg
il_794xN.2882136771_frt9.jpg

Django74th

Shiny_Rock

Details:
- Set in solid 14k rose gold cage settings with four claws holding the stones in on both sides

I love how sweet these turned out and the entire project was under $180 (including the gems.) I always admire the rough & raw versions of colored stones but never know how to quite interpret them into fine daily wear jewelry so these are so fun!

That color is gorgeous! Congrats!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
That color is gorgeous! Congrats!

Aww thank you! Rough spessartites are quite inexpensive in those
bright desirable pop colors! Brad from the Gem Trader had a single one that was a bit larger than mine for a really great price that sold but might have more! Also I love your bright & colorful stackers in your avatar photo!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This just arrived at my door
Until i cam afford something a lot bigger this is my mourning ring for Tibby Tabby
I didn't know when he was born so i went with tradional Victorian mourning amethyst
Its a nice light purple

I just wanted to get something
I know i already have a similar silver signet ring that i wear as a pinky ring and this one is a fraction smaller but i don't own a lot of silver
Its a tiny bit loose but the other one can be a tiny bit tight and it is cold today

Edit NZ$71 20210520_131904.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Until i cam afford something a lot bigger this is my mourning ring for Tibby Tabby
I didn't know when he was born so i went with tradional Victorian mourning amethyst
Its a nice light purple

I know i already have a similar silver signet ring that i wear as a pinky ring and this one is a fraction smaller but i don't own a lot of silver
Its a tiny bit loose but the other one can be a tiny bit tight and it is cold today

Awww!
What a sweet remembrance for your beloved Tibby!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Its a nice light purple

Lovely commemoration ring - i personally love silver too!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a nice light purple

Oh, this is lovely and such a sweet way to memorialize Tibby! I'm so sorry for your loss @Daisys and Diamonds <3

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Its a nice light purple

This is so sweet! I want to get something to remember Minxy also, but don't know what yet. It is so hard losing a pet. I can't even bear to put her ashes out where I will see them...((((hugs)))) Daisy...

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Its a nice light purple

Sorry for your loss! This is such a lovely way to memorialize him & I love the amethyst. That color is so soothing & sweet. Perfect for remembrance, like a little forget me not.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

Details:

Since I never updated the thread with my own pics of my darling little candies! :bigsmile:

Screenshot_20210207-002314.png
Screenshot_20210205-155948.png

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got a cute little sugarloaf tourmaline courtesy of a nice PSer on LT today. My plan is to send it off to DanielM to be set in a mixed metal ring with two 3 mm purple sapphires as side stones. I'm thinking of a 14K RG head and an argentium silver shank. I'll probably use prongs for the tourmaline and little bezels for the sapphires unless Dan thinks another option would look better.

tourm 1.jpg tourm 2.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Just got a cute little sugarloaf tourmaline courtesy of a nice PSer on LT today. My plan is to send it off to DanielM to be set in a mixed metal ring with two 3 mm purple sapphires as side stones. I'm thinking of a 14K RG head and an argentium silver shank. I'll probably use prongs for the tourmaline and little bezels for the sapphires unless Dan thinks another option would look better.

tourm 1.jpg tourm 2.jpg

Congrats on the tourmaline cab! I think the color combination is great, and the ring will look fantastic! :)

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the tourmaline cab! I think the color combination is great, and the ring will look fantastic! :)

Thanks, voce! Just made the down payment to Dan and will post pictures when it's completed.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I have these spinels that are so sweet. A Grey/blue with so much fire and small melee - similarly sparkly. I first thought a flower motif for the bright pink melee, but then decided the larger melee in more muted colors might work better. D6D62F1D-D583-4116-BC4E-71289EACC921.jpeg

Apologies in advance, I used packing tape - waiting for my stuller gel boxes to arrive so I can try some specific layouts.

Attachments

• B14B3959-405F-45A0-992B-497394CD5169.jpeg
    B14B3959-405F-45A0-992B-497394CD5169.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 12

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have these spinels that are so sweet. A Grey/blue with so much fire and small melee - similarly sparkly. I first thought a flower motif for the bright pink melee, but then decided the larger melee in more muted colors might work better. D6D62F1D-D583-4116-BC4E-71289EACC921.jpeg

Apologies in advance, I used packing tape - waiting for my stuller gel boxes to arrive so I can try some specific layouts.

Yes
the muted colours look better

Not that those bright pink ones arnt fabulous- they just need a different project

voce

Ideal_Rock
Agreed. Now I have to figure out which project that will be. I have several choose from … lol 2618551C-D245-48DD-B21F-D868B8E50403.jpeg

These are such happy springtime colors, I'm flattered you'd consider me an inspiration. I'm really looking forward to your layouts once you get the sticky gel trays!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results