shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Purchases that Make me Happy (:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of danglies coming my way from Yvonne:) They'll be worn with the black rhodium diamond hoops from her shop, so I went for the tarnished look.

il_340x270.2153362298_ckev.jpg

Gorgeous, Leslie! I saw them on Etsy and wondered when you might share those.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can add these recent silver purchases. I’m really more of a yellow gold person, but I’ve been obsessed with interesting agates, quartzes and other stones these days which are often set in silver. I find it refreshing because it’s fun to mix these pieces in.

this grape chalcedony pendant. The little orbs are glittery, but I could not capture that in the pics. Next is this agate ring. I’d been eyeing this for like a year in a store whenever I visited. Finally just bought it!
644B9B4E-4B1E-4F76-9186-C4EC27F62F36.jpeg 618DA6EE-45E9-4425-BAA4-63E7F50CBCA0.jpeg 5C463950-FF39-46F1-BA06-DA52007EA793.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I can add these recent silver purchases. I’m really more of a yellow gold person, but I’ve been obsessed with interesting agates, quartzes and other stones these days which are often set in silver. I find it refreshing because it’s fun to mix these pieces in.

this grape chalcedony pendant. The little orbs are glittery, but I could not capture that in the pics. Next is this agate ring. I’d been eyeing this for like a year in a store whenever I visited. Finally just bought it!
644B9B4E-4B1E-4F76-9186-C4EC27F62F36.jpeg 618DA6EE-45E9-4425-BAA4-63E7F50CBCA0.jpeg 5C463950-FF39-46F1-BA06-DA52007EA793.jpeg

Ahhh you are truly making me want a grape chalcedony pendant or necklace.
I saw that you ordered another one with the help of another PSer & I almost bought one of the others. Please do post it here when you get it or let me know if I should also get one.

I love that the other is polished, as I feel like itd be such a soothing stone to fiddle with when anxious or bored. Thumbing over the smooth round texture. (:

& I came upon these earrings from a canadian couple who rescues things from estate sales. They match my vintage malachite pendant that ive had for quite some time. I just love the look of brighter bluish green velvety malachites in 14k yellow gold.
The earrings cost less than the pendant at only $36.00 total!

20200121_203828.jpg 20200121_203415.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I saw that you ordered another one with the help of another PSer & I almost bought one of the others. Please do post it here when you get it or let me know if I should also get one.

I love that the other is polished, as I feel like itd be such a soothing stone to fiddle with when anxious or bored. Thumbing over the smooth round texture. (:

& I came upon these earrings from a canadian couple who rescues things from estate sales. They match my vintage malachite pendant that ive had for quite some time. I just love the look of brighter bluish green velvety malachites in 14k yellow gold.

Definitely a very nice find!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Garnetgirl, great find! What a perfect match!
I did receive the other grape chalcedony necklace... I’ll get some pics as soon as the sun comes up. It’s pretty, but the center piece is not what I hoped for. Just a few balls on a strip of lavender chalcedony and coated with a shiny polymer of some kind, or polished. But I think it’s coated. I’ve never worn it . Though, the rest of the necklace is nice..

im really enjoying the new grape pendant. It really is so much fun to wear and people are fascinated by it because these stones are so cool. Now I’m looking for a ring to go. Thankfully, they are not hard to find on Etsy... it’s just a matter of finding the right one.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love that grape chalcedony! I saw some at the last mineral show in October. Maybe at the March show I will grab some and make a free form necklace.
And agate. What can I say? I am an agate lover from way back. They are mesmerizing, don't you think?
Beautiful ring!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So beautiful! I love the colors and layers within the stone.
I'm gonna dig out my malachite pin today and wear it. You have inspired me!
And that specimen is making me drool!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning. I love this so much. That green, that texture. :love: I just want to touch it and feel it against my skin. Cool and breathtaking.:love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that grape chalcedony! I saw some at the last mineral show in October. Maybe at the March show I will grab some and make a free form necklace.
And agate. What can I say? I am an agate lover from way back. They are mesmerizing, don't you think?
Beautiful ring!

I think that’s a great idea! I can totally imagine such a necklace! Me too, I have always adored agates! They. Have such a soothing presence. The silver ring is a replacement for a large, gold and banded, Victorian agate ring which I had a long time ago. I gave it to a friend who always loved it. But I’ve missed having a stone like that to wear on my hand.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might as well add this necklace to the agate posts while I’m at it, my husband got this for a great price from a street artist who was selling at an art fair while we were walking around. This brings a lot of joy, especially in the Summer months.
D5BF2132-401C-4801-B328-C1A28A941F13.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I might as well add this necklace to the agate posts while I’m at it, my husband got this for a great price from a street artist who was selling at an art fair while we were walking around. This brings a lot of joy, especially in the Summer months.

This is so stunning! Oh my! Beautiful with your complexion!

& @missy aww thanks (: I agree, the perceived curvature of fibrous malachite all polished up is just so wonderful!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so stunning! Oh my! Beautiful with your complexion!

& @missy aww thanks (: I agree, the perceived curvature of fibrous malachite all polished up is just so wonderful!

Thank you! I love love malachite too. It is absolutely meditative and mandala like to look at. unfortunately it’s not my best color, but now I’m inspired too to try to find a pendant. I bet it looks amazing on you! Apparently, they are good to place near your computer, so I have a small piece near mine.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, here is the other grape chalcedony necklace...the center piece is just not grape like enough! But, the onyx beads are nice, along with the larger grape nodules. I also wish the chalcedony wasn’t coated or polished.
F5A3021E-FC2C-4E41-AF31-5F8FD5A2C37B.jpeg CF3FB98F-6AFA-4CD7-86C4-9C18A9277744.jpeg BF0EC3B4-0CD4-4BED-8B7E-8A04C79D9144.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh. I love this. What a necklace. ❤ Looks amazing on you @Bluegemz !
A very joyful necklace indeed.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome! This necklace rocks, literally!
So vibrant and full of life!
It really has presence. Definitely a statement piece.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! This necklace rocks, literally!
So vibrant and full of life!
It really has presence. Definitely a statement piece.

Hey, thanks, @stracci2000 ! These huge nodule beads sold me because each one ( except for 1, has a crystal cave within it. I just love that.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Just purchased some large rosecut malachite cabs that are drilled. Going to make some killer earrings out of them with some sturdy 9k yellow gold wire!

Theyre very prominent at 20x22mm
il_570xN.2184316855_mwph.jpg

Im thinking of buying some 18k yellow gold snake ear hooks for them!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
What a fab idea. Love malachite green. :kiss2: Share pics when finished!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@Bluegemz Hmm... I see what you mean about the grape chalcedony necklace. Its doesnt have very many "grapes" and the laquer kinda takes away from the gemstone. I do like the smaller grape chalcedony beads higher up though! I think I'll pass this time but I will be keeping a look out for the perfect grape chalcedony piece, even if its just for display/collection.

& I wanted to ask you about your glowy rhodochrosite cube necklace! How is it going? I dont remember it being finished but maybe Im having a memory lapse. Ive never been able to get that cube out of my head! How are you liking your rhodochrosite so far?

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz Hmm... I see what you mean about the grape chalcedony necklace. Its doesnt have very many "grapes" and the laquer kinda takes away from the gemstone. I do like the smaller grape chalcedony beads higher up though! I think I'll pass this time but I will be keeping a look out for the perfect grape chalcedony piece, even if its just for display/collection.

& I wanted to ask you about your glowy rhodochrosite cube necklace! How is it going? I dont remember it being finished but maybe Im having a memory lapse. Ive never been able to get that cube out of my head! How are you liking your rhodochrosite so far?

As a matter of fact, I just got pictures from DK last night! I’ve asked him to resend because I accidentally erased the email. Hopefully he will resend today or load a video. Basically, it took forever because he had to cast it twice, but kept sending it back because it’s a challenging way to hold the stone without using glue and the casts were not holding it. . He finally hand built it from sheet metal 18k , and it’s now very tightly held. I’m super excited ! I’ll post some pics as soon as I find them or receive them, along with another rhodo which I bought for a bar necklace for my daughter.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I found them! Ok, so he used nearly 19 grams of gold on this....it’s going to be worn on my thick, gold neck collar.
2C78BA2B-1D97-430C-BBB5-0BD6EC3E51A8.jpeg 6ADA6B7E-3902-4E4D-8F09-8163C2133330.jpeg

Omg! Omg! Omg!

This is so not a small purchase but I love it!!
I cant wait to see how glowy it is in your own photos because we know that thing is a light bulb!
Gorgeous!

Thank you for indulging me! Its stunning!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason the bale is so long is that it needs to be proportionate to the thickness and arch of the collar...in this image, the first cad bale was WAY too short and small. Basically the current bale size works most beautifully proportionally. We also flipped the stone so that it sits in the opposite direction from this first attempt.

Here is a crappy picture of the other rhodo...it is brilliant pink in real life. Pics coming when the sun comes up.

DDF6EDCD-ADEF-4D0C-BE22-9C1BDF420BA0.jpeg 83E3326A-CD82-479A-ABA7-EB8C386DBCA2.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tha
Omg! Omg! Omg!

This is so not a small purchase but I love it!!
I cant wait to see how glowy it is in your own photos because we know that thing is a light bulb!
Gorgeous!

Thank you for indulging me! Its stunning!!

thank you for letting me share! I’ll start a thread when it arrives or just post it in the ‘what r u wearing today’ thread.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
The reason the bale is so long is that it needs to be proportionate to the thickness and arch of the collar...in this image, the first cad bale was WAY too short and small. Basically the current bale size works most beautifully proportionally. We also flipped the stone so that it sits in the opposite direction from this first attempt.

Here is a crappy picture of the other rhodo...it is brilliant pink in real life. Pics coming when the sun comes up.

DDF6EDCD-ADEF-4D0C-BE22-9C1BDF420BA0.jpeg 83E3326A-CD82-479A-ABA7-EB8C386DBCA2.jpeg

It will look perfect on your collar! I'm not sure why but it has a very Egyptian flare, just a royal feeling your gold collar gives!
I cant wait to see how the pendant plays with light on your neck!
& How lucky is your daughter?!
That is gorgeous! I can see it set with some scattered diamond melee somewhere in the design!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will look perfect on your collar! I'm not sure why but it has a very Egyptian flare, just a royal feeling your gold collar gives!
I cant wait to see how the pendant plays with light on your neck!
& How lucky is your daughter?!
That is gorgeous! I can see it set with some scattered diamond melee somewhere in the design!

Awe, thank you! I should say that I wanted to be able to wear it with all options of gold chains, collars, and even maybe a satin chord.
I love the idea of diamond melees on each cap of the smaller rhodo. Basically, she wants it floating horizontally with a little end cap of gold on each side attached to a gold chain. This one is much smaller, but the color is very strong as is the way it plays with the light. there is something so magical about their geometries...little parallelograms! It amazes me that the atoms start to organize in these ways to create these crystals. They just seem so ‘alive’

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results