shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Purchases that Make me Happy (:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a new station bracelet from Yvonne! I'd had some leftover tsavorite melee and opted on having it set in one of her small four-petal flower settings. The chain is a mix of WG and RG and the flower is RG. It was a nice economical birthday treat :)

Attachments

• il_794xN.2098172491_pub5.jpg
    il_794xN.2098172491_pub5.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 84
  • il_794xN.2098172161_4m85.jpg
    il_794xN.2098172161_4m85.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 88

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I have a new station bracelet from Yvonne! I'd had some leftover tsavorite melee and opted on having it set in one of her small four-petal flower settings. The chain is a mix of WG and RG and the flower is RG. It was a nice economical birthday treat :)

Isnt that the sweetest piece of jewelry I've ever seen?!

Beautiful and oddly its timeless, meaning that personally, I could see truly anyone wearing it, from a younger preteen girl (maybe with pink sapphires), to a 30 year old woman , and on up into 60s and 70s with diamonds or paraibas.

I love it! If you dont mind me asking (please feel free to not share as well) without the past cost of those melee, how much was this delicate treasure?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Leslie your post reminded me that I had some small treasure to share; the little sleeping beauty turquoise dangles that I made last night for my 18k flower hooks!

Cost me $20 to make the turquoise dangles which I switch out with other handmade gemstone dangles on those hooks.

20191019_131437_HDR.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leslie your post reminded me that I had some small treasure to share; the little sleeping beauty turquoise dangles that I made last night for my 18k flower hooks!

Cost me $20 to make the turquoise dangles which I switch out with other handmade gemstone dangles on those hooks.

20191019_131437_HDR.jpg
Beautiful! You have a good eye, and good taste! @TheGarnetGirl !

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Isnt that the sweetest piece of jewelry I've ever seen?!

Beautiful and oddly its timeless, meaning that personally, I could see truly anyone wearing it, from a younger preteen girl (maybe with pink sapphires), to a 30 year old woman , and on up into 60s and 70s with diamonds or paraibas.

I love it! If you dont mind me asking (please feel free to not share as well) without the past cost of those melee, how much was this delicate treasure?

Aw, thank you, Garnet Girl! The bracelet was $250 plus whatever I paid for the tsav melee originally, so pretty reasonable in price :) They are timeless looking, I agree. I already have two other station bracelets from CRD, one in WG with a blue sapphire and one in RG with a paraiba tourmaline. I'm 63, so I fit your description of the older woman with the pricier gems, lol! Will post a picture with all of them when I get my new bracelet next week.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20191019_131437_HDR.jpg

I love your earrings!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Received the drops, 18k flower ear hooks and wire today and made these bad boys!
Im in love with them!

I swear this year is year of the solid gold DIY gemstone dangle earring! I just cant stop making them because they're pretty affordable, fun to make, and in the end I get a beautiful pair of dangle earrings that are high quality.

These ear hooks were about 5x the amount I usually spend on solid gold hooks but they're a nice gauge, 18k, and have beautiful little flowers on them so I couldn't resist!

20190928_170414.jpg 20190928_170430.jpg 20190928_171220.jpg 20190928_171302.jpg 20190928_171453.jpg

I LOVE these! They look great on you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha I was worried it would be over budget join the thread as the spirit of the thread is for cute pieces at fantastic prices. But I think $200ish for Jade, tiny diamonds and 18k gold is not bad!
i don't know why sometimes thr smiles work and sometimes don't

but i do really love those apples

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the Argentinian rhodochrosite beads. That material can be pricey. I saw a recent 6mm clear stone at the rock shop for nearly $50.

Attachments

• 625E803C-49CE-4EC0-A037-BCF86F7A299E.jpeg
    625E803C-49CE-4EC0-A037-BCF86F7A299E.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 80

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Love the Argentinian rhodochrosite beads. That material can be pricey. I saw a recent 6mm clear stone at the rock shop for nearly $50.

I actually like that 6mm cab. :lol:

Meaning I might have bought it- would that make me a damn sucker? (:

I just love the salmon color that is displayed in all of its waxy-glowy lustrous glory!

Speaking of rhodochrosite, I put my drops that I made on a pair of small generic 14k yellow gold hoops that have lighter pinky-purple amethysts (which I picked up at a pawn shop for $10) and I'm in love with the color combination and the juxtaposition of the sparkle of the amethysts with the waxy glow of my micro-faceted chubby rhodos.

20191029_173553~2.jpg 20191029_173701.jpg 20191029_173631.jpg

Also just for fun, here's a box of small purchases full of green and blue gemstones. :mrgreen:

It has: a green tourmaline (suspected), a cat eye alexandrite cabochon, my peridot cushion cab, a lonely lighter emerald cab, and my paraiba lookalike gem silica.

20191029_173216.jpg

I'm sure I'll give someone a heart attack storing so many in one box but I promise they're snug and immobile.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I actually like that 6mm cab. :lol:

Meaning I might have bought it- would that make me a damn sucker? (:

I just love the salmon color that is displayed in all of its waxy-glowy lustrous glory!

Speaking of rhodochrosite, I put my drops that I made on a pair of small generic 14k yellow gold hoops that have lighter pinky-purple amethysts (which I picked up at a pawn shop for $10) and I'm in love with the color combination and the juxtaposition of the sparkle of the amethysts with the waxy glow of my micro-faceted chubby rhodos.

20191029_173553~2.jpg 20191029_173701.jpg 20191029_173631.jpg

Also just for fun, here's a box of small purchases full of green and blue gemstones. :mrgreen:

It has: a green tourmaline (suspected), a cat eye alexandrite cabochon, my peridot cushion cab, a lonely lighter emerald cab, and my paraiba lookalike gem silica.

20191029_173216.jpg

I'm sure I'll give someone a heart attack storing so many in one box but I promise they're snug and immobile.
Nice finds! It does give me a heart attack storing so many in one box, but you may be OK there with most of them as cabs. I buy mostly faceted gems, and they are pointy on the bottom, so that when I put a larger gem in, the smaller gems will always fall toward the larger gem if they're not far enough apart, and knock against the larger gem so that I fear they will chip one another.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Mama bought this lovely and HUMONGOUS Malachite cabochon for $10 including shipping off of Etsy. It was a pretty blind buy from an Indian shop that sells lots of labradorites and moonstone but I think this malachite is especially lovely.

(I'm using that phrase because with many large wholesale Indian sellers whom all resemble eachothers stores in some way and are very discount, you never know what youre going to get; either youre lucky and its as lovely or more so than their photos or most of the time its the opposite and you realize why they were priced as such.)

Along with Lapis, Malachite was my first love and an "in" if you will when I took the leap in interest from display crystals/palm stones to gemstones 7/8 years ago. So malachite still holds a very dear place in my heart. :kiss2:

I will be sending this large boy off to my lovely silversmith who will make one huge and sturdy ring out of it! I love stamping little sayings that resemble the "energy" of each stone on the inside band of my large silver rings so if anyone has one word or a small saying that reminds them of malachite and what the stone represents, do tell!

(For example for my large chubby heart/pear cabochon that is a mix of sunstone and moonstone from Madagascar with rainbow schiller and adularescence, on the inside of its band its stamped with "Those beautiful synchronicities".)

20191203_182052~2.jpg 20191203_182043~2.jpg 20191203_182102~2.jpg 20191203_182108~2.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
While the malachite is certainly lovely to behold, I shudder at the thought of the weight on a finger. Have you given any thought to having a cuff bracelet made with it instead of a ring?

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Mama bought this lovely and HUMONGOUS Malachite cabochon for $10 including shipping off of Etsy. It was a pretty blind buy from an Indian shop that sells lots of labradorites and moonstone but I think this malachite is especially lovely.

(I'm using that phrase because with many large wholesale Indian sellers whom all resemble eachothers stores in some way and are very discount, you never know what youre going to get; either youre lucky and its as lovely or more so than their photos or most of the time its the opposite and you realize why they were priced as such.)

Along with Lapis, Malachite was my first love and an "in" if you will when I took the leap in interest from display crystals/palm stones to gemstones 7/8 years ago. So malachite still holds a very dear place in my heart. :kiss2:

I will be sending this large boy off to my lovely silversmith who will make one huge and sturdy ring out of it! I love stamping little sayings that resemble the "energy" of each stone on the inside band of my large silver rings so if anyone has one word or a small saying that reminds them of malachite and what the stone represents, do tell!

(For example for my large chubby heart/pear cabochon that is a mix of sunstone and moonstone from Madagascar with rainbow schiller and adularescence, on the inside of its band its stamped with "Those beautiful synchronicities".)

20191203_182052~2.jpg 20191203_182043~2.jpg 20191203_182102~2.jpg 20191203_182108~2.jpg

“Small purchase.” ;)) It’s a pretty piece!

Man, I love mineral specimens, too. Unfortunately, I have no room for them.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@voce You might shudder but some actually enjoy the feeling of weight on them. Many women love large chunky rings that might shock most others. That's the entire fun of them! Much like people who love weighted blankets or the weight of another human being on top of them. Its just a personal thing but I am definitely one of those people who love the weight on my finger. I have several silver rings that are quite chunky and are actually larger than this cabochon. :bigsmile: Suum cuique I say; To each their own! Although I'm glad you find this malachite lovely girly!

@strawrose Hahaha yes! I didn't think of that irony but we'll call it my "Large inexpensive purchase" & Yes, nowadays I am very choosey about the display crystals that I purchase as I don't have too much real estate, but that's why I love gemstones! I can collect 1,000 and they can all fit in a small jewelry tower that takes up one square foot and is 4 feet tall.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm quite sensitive to weight on my fingers, which I attribute to having played piano for some years. I'm at the keyboard a lot both at work and off work (video games). Anything that slows down my 100 WPM typing (in a discernible way to me) would be too heavy for me ;)2.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I'm quite sensitive to weight on my fingers, which I attribute to having played piano for some years. I'm at the keyboard a lot both at work and off work (video games). Anything that slows down my 100 WPM typing (in a discernible way to me) would be too heavy for me ;)2.

Haha, yes! This is not the type of ring I'd dare wear to work!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! Would make a great ring, like a shield.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Ooh! I love them on your elegant fingers!
Lovely find!
& They look oh so chic!

rings.png rings2.png

Topaz and Garnet half bands in Sterling silver.
Randomly placed on index finger, will probably wear them on the right hand.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I found this little 5.5mm garnet in a random crystal shop on my birthday a few days ago and had to purchase it as it was only $9.95.

I got home & realized that it looks superb with these 3mm brown/gold/champagne-y diamonds that Ive had for so long and have always wanted to use.

They are all begging for rose gold!
I put them next to 3 different metals and there was none as beautiful in comparison.

So this will become a sweet lil' three stone ring sometime soon in 14k rose gold. :dance:

20200105_124736.jpg 20200105_124733.jpg

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found this little 5.5mm garnet in a random crystal shop on my birthday a few days ago and had to purchase it as it was only $9.95.

I got home & realized that it looks superb with these 3mm brown/gold/champagne-y diamonds that Ive had for so long and have always wanted to use.

They are all begging for rose gold!
I put them next to 3 different metals and there was none as beautiful in comparison.

So this will become a sweet lil' three stone ring sometime soon in 14k rose gold. :dance:

20200105_124736.jpg 20200105_124733.jpg

Oh my goodness what luck! These will make a lovely ring! So feminine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results