shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Purchases that Make me Happy (:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I thought I'd start a thread to place all of my more inexpensive CS purchases that Id like to share that seemingly don't appear to fit in anywhere else.
Pieces that don't break the bank but that still give one immediate joy! Other members are free to join in and add theirs as well if felt moved to do so! (:

I recently won these 8.5 mm gem spheres of Chrysoprase from a trusted jeweler on EBay at the auction price of $39.99 for both including the 14k solid yellow gold pendant pegs.
s-l400.jpg 20190722_180509.jpg 20190722_174055.jpg
Something about them spoke to me plus they are technically my first piece of Chrysoprase ever! I own some chalcedony and two lovely gem silica cabochons but have never owned Chrysoprase.

The color is a delightful green mint with a hint of blue and the shade is so springy! Their energy is very vibrant, uplifting, and very positive. I think that it is just absolutely amazing that the earth creates a mineral so bright and unique in color.

I'm ordering some 26 gauge 14k yellow gold ear hooks as we speak and plan to make a pair of very simple dangle earrings with these little lovelies! :mrgreen2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love the color!!

Can you take some pics of these with chalcedony and gem silica? Curious how they would differ.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I love the color!!

Can you take some pics of these with chalcedony and gem silica? Curious how they would differ.

Your wish is my command! :mrgreen:
20190722_192317.jpg 20190722_192305.jpg
I actually compared my set cushion Gem Silica with these new little spheres and they are pretty similar.

The difference being the spheres are more minty and the gem silica has more blue. The "higher quality" gem silica cab (it cost me about 6x more than the cushion cost my beau) resembles paraiba tourmaline more than other chrysoprase, although it is way less lustrous and more waxy.

I do think I'll wear these chrysoprase sphere dangles and gem silica cushion together as a set though (: They would be worn far enough from eachother that itd be hard to tell the difference in color to the average passerbyer.

pearlygirly

Rough_Rock
They are so pretty and I think they will look very nice as earrings. Would you mind sharing the name of the vendor?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
They are so pretty and I think they will look very nice as earrings. Would you mind sharing the name of the vendor?

No, I dont mind at all! The name of his store is; "oddz-endz". Im not sure if he is on our list (I dont think so) but ive purchased from him before and his pictures are always uglier than the actual stones. Has fast and very responsive- he cares. Ive been impressed and happy with every purchase although Ive only made a handful so far and wouldnt bet on large purchases yet.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful additions and what fabulous shapes and colors! Congratulations!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I actually compared my set cushion Gem Silica with these new little spheres and they are pretty similar.

The difference being the spheres are more minty and the gem silica has more blue. The "higher quality" gem silica cab (it cost me about 6x more than the cushion cost my beau) resembles paraiba tourmaline more than other chrysoprase, although it is way less lustrous and more waxy.

I do think I'll wear these chrysoprase sphere dangles and gem silica cushion together as a set though (: They would be worn far enough from eachother that itd be hard to tell the difference in color to the average passerbyer.

Thank you! They are all so beautiful. Making me want some too :lol:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I love the color!!

My dorky butt just realized that you asked for photos with the chalcedony I have too!

So I can also do that when I get home from work today although its a very light light seafoam color and it's cut very oddly.
They all have this similar glow about them but IMO the chrysoprase is more glowy and the gem silica is waxier.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
My dorky butt just realized that you asked for photos with the chalcedony I have too!

So I can also do that when I get home from work today although its a very light light seafoam color and it's cut very oddly.
They all have this similar glow about them but IMO the chrysoprase is more glowy and the gem silica is waxier.

Do you have a preference between them based on their glow/translucency/etc? Would like to hear your thoughts.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a preference between them based on their glow/translucency/etc? Would like to hear your thoughts.

So I've always known about chrysoprase but have never felt intensely attracted to any cabs that have come my way but these dangles stood out in that they are a lovely quality and have a great glow to them.
When comparing them to my gem silicas they definetely arent as cloudy but I still prefer my gem silicas as I adore the blue in them. I'm a blue-green freak and all tones of gem silica just "get me" where as the brighter yellowish green tone of the chrysoprase is more of a daring choice for me. I wouldnt mind a ring with one though if I could find the same quality in a cab. I think it would look fabulous in white gold with a few diamonds.
Also if you could find a piece that has more blue to it, I might be a traitor and prefer the chrysoprase to the gem silica because they are more glowy due to the absence of those clouds although I dont think that same bright blue-green color is ever really found in chrysoprase.

So long story short: I prefer my gem silicas for color yet the chrysoprase wins for glow.
Overall because of my own color biases Gem Silica currently wins my votes as favorite.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love those chrysoprase dangles, you got a great deal on them @TheGarnetGirl! I have a pair of petite RG hoops with tiny diamonds from Yvonne that need some dangles, so I will check out your vendor :)

Good idea for a topic, too.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Lovely finds! I love your style!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Just won this tiny itty bitty 3D teapot charm that is solid 14k YG. I tend to either wear very long 40" necklaces with large elaborate pendants OR very dainty 16" necklaces with charms instead of usual pendants.

So this will be worn on my 17" chain, with another charm. I'm thinking a simple colored stone. Quite like the chrysoprase dangles.
My daughter and I are always having tea parties with my mother and gramma so they hold a special significance, representing lineage if you will.

Just Small things (: But they make me happy.

Screenshot_2019-07-26-16-03-41~2.png

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@leslie1956 Thank you girly! & Rose gold hoops with diamonds sounds just lovely! Also the vendor of these dangles sells random jewlery pieces and cut/cabochon cut stones. Sadly these were the only dangles I saw in his shop but who knows, more could pop up?! A very random collection of things for sale but he is very honest, extremely kind and very quick.

@Rubybrick Awwwww, why thank you! You are too kind! Id like to think my style\taste can be admired by others while still being unique enough to show off my just-as-unique personality.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3EE49DB4-C9AA-49CE-AD86-A3F01E7BEEB8.jpeg May I join your thread with some of my little pendants?
One is a 9ct Rose Gold fob with “gold stone”. This fob was on a fob chain that was literally black and cost me $2 to buy from a car boot sale when I was 11. My very first “bargain buy”. Even then, I recognized that the weight of the chain meant it wasn’t rubbish. I still have both the chain and the fob.
The “Fumsup” charm. These are cute and are from WW1. They were often given to departing soldiers for good luck. The head is wood as in “touch wood for good luck”. I found this in an antique shop decades ago.
A quartz charm in 14kt. This is some sort of treated quartz but I loved it because it looks similar to faceted moonstone. It gets a gold glow in some lights.
My glass vial charm with gemstones. I found this on eBay and thought it beautiful and different.
My Head charm. I think this piece is very old, I think it is carved Lapis. It has been made into a pendant (18ct) and the “headband with wee diamond” holds it to the backing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just won this tiny itty bitty 3D teapot charm that is solid 14k YG. I tend to either wear very long 40" necklaces with large elaborate pendants OR very dainty 16" necklaces with charms instead of usual pendants.

So this will be worn on my 17" chain, with another charm. I'm thinking a simple colored stone. Quite like the chrysoprase dangles.
My daughter and I are always having tea parties with my mother and gramma so they hold a special significance, representing lineage if you will.

Just Small things (: But they make me happy.

Screenshot_2019-07-26-16-03-41~2.png
i love this !

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Every time I open this thread and see the beautiful colors I’m like :love:

Now I really want some of these yummy cabs/colors...

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Omgosh loving everyone's joyful additions! Arent little baubles fun?

Heres the finished earrings with yellow 14k hardware paired with my blue green gem silica cabbed cushion (:
20190803_164819~2.jpg 20190803_164847.jpg

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a fun Thread! I have been on a inexpensive, miscellaneous stone buying kick for the last few months! All from Instagram but heck if I can remember what is here on this plate! Of the ones I have heard of & remember are: agate, jasper, malachite, pyrite, moonstone, sunstone, mother of pearl, amazonite, blue opal. Also, this isn’t all of them & only the nice ones, a few duds were purchased here & there. I’m thinking of having a few wire wrapped into various types of jewelry, rings, pendants, bracelets.

DA6A122C-AED2-4BDA-8837-B58950FA649F.jpeg

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bought one of Yvonne's emeralds from her recent trip to Columbia. The reasonable price tag ($195) qualified it for this topic, IMO :) It's 5 mm and came from the Muzo mines.

icm_fullxfull.216034757_oqt1fngfhbks8cskgwck.jpg icm_fullxfull.216034795_lve3kqlc8n44g0ggok40.jpg

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful thread :)

Here are a couple inexpensive Oregon sun stones I’m going to do something with (one a pendant, one a ring).
os1xnPM.jpg

0WNUaz8.jpg

I also had a brief honeybee kick with this ring and amber pendant.
3fQ28Zz.jpg

Mv6HPWJ.jpg

A flashy little labradorite pendant.
JVYg01M.jpg

And this little jadeite mouse that fills my heart with delight.
k5VDWVy.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I'm so so enamored with everyones latest additions!

@leslie1956 That emerald....uhhh amazing deal?!? Please send it to me immediately, I need to own all of the emeralds!!!

@Hivona That plate of lovely semi-precious goodness.....man if I had to choose gemstones or food....id go hungry.
I love all of them but especially that icy green blue cab in the middle, the rose, and those pyrites That are so neat to look at!

@JackTrick & I love your sunstones! They look like little drops of heat/fire with glitter!
I Also love that multi metal bee ring!!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the eye candy! It really cheered me up today!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@leslie1956 That emerald....uhhh amazing deal?!? Please send it to me immediately, I need to own all of the emeralds!
I messaged Yvonne to see if she had any smaller stones that I could afford :) I'm sure that guy would have disappeared very fast if it'd been listed in the shop! There are a cushion cut and a cab in her shop right now that are great deals, too, because she's running a 15% off sale on the entire shop starting today.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are a few more: mother of pearl butterfly & daisy! Rosarita, sunstone, turquoise, sugilite, lapis, larimar, & emerald.

04B6FDB0-56CD-4F15-8DEB-9AF51EB29430.jpeg

These rounds are called Leland Blue. Never heard of it before but so pretty! over time I’m hoping to get a few more in different colors to make a planetary inspired statement necklace. Might use some faceted gems too...

F1BABE79-3D3A-443E-906B-89275F6448A9.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results