shape
carat
color
clarity

Slowly having a total meltdown right now

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Asking for thoughts and prayers now. Because I'm an idiot. Obviously.

Took an expensive gamble (insisted on a full 7-day return window) and clicked 'buy' hoping for good luck.
Naturally the stone was a dud.
Notified the seller, arranged a Fedex pickup and sent the thing back to Ohio. That was last Thursday.

Nervously clicked refresh over and over ever since. Fedex has been dilly-dallying around with the package since then. The label was reprinted (why?????? It was perfect when it left me) and they listed a Delivery Exception, whatever that means. They then rerouted the package to be redelivered back to me. I called begging for help and have now spoken to six (six!) different very-relaxed representatives, who seem to think all is well. The tracking info on the website said about an hour ago that it was to be delivered in Ohio by tomorrow at 8pm. Now it has refreshed, and it says it is going to be delivered today by 8pm, in Florida. To me.

I am losing my mind. Not just because Fedex is making me nervous with how calm they are, but because I fully expect the seller to reject the return if it's past the 7-day mark when it gets to them. Please send good vibes, soft music, candlelight. and chocolate, possibly Irish whiskey and ginger beer, and a licensed masseuse as soon as possible,

If I pull through this challenge unscathed, I promise I will never ever ever ever do it again. Fingers crossed.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry you’re feeling so stressed out. Have you tried reaching out to the seller and letting them know about the shipping issue. Hopefully, they’ll be accommodating once they know it’s still coming.

For now, try to relax. Once you get it back you can turn around and re-ship it.

7E822781-4834-420C-8489-5451FF29D03E.gif

952460DE-90DB-4499-893C-7CF461BAD0A6.gif

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh no dear @PreRaphaelite hang in there, take deep breaths. I agree, contact the seller and let them know what is happening every step of the way. Document your calls and actions. It's out of your control and that's the hardest part. I don't know why FedEx is messing up so badly. Keep us posted. Try to picture it all working out. I am going to do the same. Hugs to you friend.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thank you.
I am in agony.
No stone is worth this experience.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers firmly crossed for good result for you.

DK :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man, what is going on lately? I'm having my own issue with something I bought off DB!

I do hope for good things here, may the seller be understanding and you get your refund with no further stress!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry to hear this, it sounds very stressful. Just curious, did you make the label or did the seller send you a label to use? Wondering if the seller sent a label and thus is already aware of the problem.
Fingers crossed FedEx delivers the package to the seller tomorrow as they state they will.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I made the label, and it printed fine, and the Fedex dude who picked it up was able to scan it, so I didn't expect a problem with the label at all. Maybe it got damaged? Oh gawd. Oh no.

Ack!

I hope this all sorts itself out soon, I won't be able to sleep, I'm sure.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of deep breaths. Maybe a drink ;)2 It should be fine. And if the seller is a hardass about it, def. go to your CC Co.

FedEx has been doing some really weird stuff with packaging as of late, so you're not alone (a friend had their bike lost for nearly 3 weeks...who looses a darn bike?)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of my packages lately have done very strange trips. I've had quite a few stuck in odd locations for days - and it's not just USPS that seems to be having trouble, FedEx, UPS, and DHL have all been having issues. (One DHL package got destroyed and had to be repackaged, but the books inside did not have a single bit of damage, despite the receipt and other papers being fully soaked through? I have NO CLUE how that happened. Another DHL package was in a city five hours away "waiting for pickup" for nearly a week before it got delivered... to my post office? Not to my house? This despite me receiving two DHL packages to my house literally the week before, with the end-carrier being Fedex.)

However- they all got to the right place eventually. So hopefully yours will too even if you have to send it again.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sending good vibes. Mail is not normal right now. I hope it will be okay. I've been waiting almost a month for a package from California to Canada. Crazy. Good luck.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the support everyone I just got off the phone with another representative, who struggled with English and could not help. I will be calling again every few hours until something changes, but this is the most recent update on the tracking. I have gone totally insane and am barricading myself in my room with a packet of cookies and 3 cats.

35D71753-57D2-41A5-82B6-5202CE82EF54.jpeg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Worry never changed a situation one way or the other. I know that is easier said than done but I hope this evening you can relax and unwind, and that things work out with the shipping and/or the seller.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaaaaaand the realization that my insurance claim would be denied, because it’s jewellery, just sunk in.

ohmygod

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the seller's problem now; not yours. You made every effort to get it to them by FedEx in their return window. It's not like you send it the AM of the 7th day.

It will be fine.

Do you think they will send it back to you or not accept the return??

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygoodness! Sending postal dust your way! I hope it arrives somewhere (preferably seller) tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

PS what won’t you do anymore? Buy jewelry? Stones? Or send via fedex? Any advice on what went wrong other than the shipping, which is unusual.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
At this point my plan is to try to get a FedEx supervisor on the phone in the morning. If the package is still in Florida, I’ll try to get it back from the FedEx office location. I don’t know how to get it back to the seller.

I’ll never ship via FedEx again. And while technically this situation isn’t my fault, I’m still going to learn my lesson: “when in doubt, don’t” and actually that applies to taking a chance on stones, too. I’ve been trying for so long to match Edwina, and nothing seems to ever work out. I think it would be better to give up on the project entirely, and move on.

The fact that the tracking now shows “no delivery” is making me want to cry. Maybe I should — then I might feel better!!! I am a wreck.

Last edited:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Praying for you to have a good sleep tonight till morning. Hope the seller understands and agrees to accept the stone and refund the money upon stone's successful arrival. I am very sorry FedEx makes you to suffer. It is a horrible situation but I hope that my and other people's prays work and help you.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this!

I would email the seller and explain what's happened, and attach everything you have that shows it's not your fault.

It could be they'll accept that and that it will all be fine.

Best wishes with it.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you are going through this right now. Current mail situation is utter balls frankly. It took nearly 4 MONTHS for my parcel to arrive from the US to Oz :shock: I'd call/email vendor ASAP and explain everything - they can hardly deny your refund if you can easily prove you tried in every way possible to return the stone.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Breathe. Maybe contact your credit card company so they can help you out in the event that seller would refuse a refund—which I doubt. I’m sure they will understand. Please try to get some sleep.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear! how frustrating and scary.

I'd compile as much of your struggle with fedex in "writing" as much as possible. I"d be in contact with your credit card company. And make sure the representative you are speaking with is taking notes and putting this in your "file" so that each subsequent representative you will be speaking to can refer to your file so you don't need to explain yourself with each one.

Contact the seller and notify him of the situation in writing (email) and make sure tracking information is provided so they are also aware. Be prepared to furnish "evidence" to seller. Be sure to be keeping good records of the discourse. With verbal conversation, consider logging it, with time and day stamp and content.

I would be proactive about it...

Meanwhile, between all of this i'd take deep breaths to calm yourself as calmer minds do prevail.

I have no doubt it will be okay for you

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite I am sorry this is happening and that you are worried and stressed.

It's going to work out. You sent it within the time frame and have proof. I would call/contact the seller to make sure they understand you are returning it and sent it within the return time frame and now it is just waiting for Fed Ex to get their act together and send it to them. Hang in there. It's going to work out.

You have recourse through your Credit Card company should you need it but hopefully you won't. You will not get stuck with the stone and the bill no matter what because you do have the CC company to fall back on should the seller be unreasonable. But hopefully the seller will be reasonable and all will be fine.

((((Hugs))).

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
It’s going to be ok, since you sent it back within the 7 day return frame. What matters is the date you sent it, not the date they receive it. But now I’m curious... what was it?!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh! How very stressful!

I hope this works out for you.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Try not to panic.
Fedex tracking is non-functional on a regular basis.
I have a shipment that said it would be delivered last Sunday. Then Monday, it said it would be delivered Tuesday. On Tuesday it said it would be delivered Wednesday. Last night it changed to Pending—and absolutely no information, other than saying a label was created. I’m confident it will arrive eventually.
This isnt the first time their tracking has gone haywire on me. But—I have always received my package. Never lost an item. I have had more than one shipment bounce around the country before finally arriving.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results