shape
carat
color
clarity

Slowly having a total meltdown right now

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for your words of comfort. It was a rough night and this morning looks bleak. After I am fully caffeinated, I’ll try to rise to this battle.

The package is now completely missing, and neither the online tracking nor the customer service reps on the phone can locate it.

C030DCF8-8DD7-44D1-93DE-E96934D4D2A5.gif

Unless I get ‘creative‘ about the contents of the box, they’ll deny the claim because it’s jewellery. Every fedex rep I’ve spoken to has asked what is in the package. I’ve been saying “return merchandise“ because if I admit that it‘s a diamond Ring, POOF there goes all hope. I‘ve never made a shipping claim before, so I don’t know how to leverage the system.

This is the ring, from which I would have harvested the stone and sold the setting on for scrap. 5.9mm oec with transitional cut. Looks pretty in this shot, so that’s why I took a chance. But this pic must be heavily photoshopped, because in real life there are two huge inclusions and a big chip on the girdle. It is worthless, unfortunately.
48EF1604-9DA5-4760-8B68-41DA235800A3.jpeg

I suspected from the seller’s vague responses to my questions that the stone may have some issues but since they agreed to the 7-day return, I crossed my fingers and took a chance.

And here we are today, with my heart in my throat and refreshing the FedEx tracking page all night. I will update with more info as the day goes on. I’m sorry for the drama. Sigh.
15734B57-B260-4248-98EC-CE470EA636F3.jpeg

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, this is awful! All of our worst nightmares. Good luck! Stay strong!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh hun

*Big big big hugs*

Do what you need to do and all the best!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your words of comfort. It was a rough night and this morning looks bleak. After I am fully caffeinated, I’ll try to rise to this battle.

The package is now completely missing, and neither the online tracking nor the customer service reps on the phone can locate it.

C030DCF8-8DD7-44D1-93DE-E96934D4D2A5.gif

Unless I get ‘creative‘ about the contents of the box, they’ll deny the claim because it’s jewellery. Every fedex rep I’ve spoken to has asked what is in the package. I’ve been saying “return merchandise“ because if I admit that it‘s a diamond Ring, POOF there goes all hope. I‘ve never made a shipping claim before, so I don’t know how to leverage the system.

This is the ring, from which I would have harvested the stone and sold the setting on for scrap. 5.9mm oec with transitional cut. Looks pretty in this shot, so that’s why I took a chance. But this pic must be heavily photoshopped, because in real life there are two huge inclusions and a big chip on the girdle. It is worthless, unfortunately.
48EF1604-9DA5-4760-8B68-41DA235800A3.jpeg

I suspected from the seller’s vague responses to my questions that the stone may have some issues but since they agreed to the 7-day return, I crossed my fingers and took a chance.

And here we are today, with my heart in my throat and refreshing the FedEx tracking page all night. I will update with more info as the day goes on. I’m sorry for the drama. Sigh.
15734B57-B260-4248-98EC-CE470EA636F3.jpeg

First of please don’t apologize. That’s what we’re here for. To support each other through the blingy good and blingy sad.

What you need to do is contact your CC company and explain the merchandise was not as described and you returned it but now it’s missing. I can’t say for sure but I don’t think the credit card company cares what the item is but that it wasn’t as described and you returned it.

I’m sorry you’re dealing with this mess and sending lots of dust it gets straightened out to your satisfaction.

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
Deep breath. Contact the seller and let them know you sent it back within the required timeframe but you're seeing issues with Fedex. It'll be ok.

I agree with this! ‘Paper’ trails are invaluable when it becomes all ‘he said, she said’.

Edit: just saw the next update! Can you put responsibility back on the seller for not disclosing the chips etc.? A long shot, I know!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
As the old saying goes, you can't control the mail or the weather.
It is going to get there- I'm putting that out into the ether. :loopy:
It may take it's sweet ass time about it, but it will.
I know that feeling, we all feel it with you.
If you need an Irish coffee, you go ahead a make one. A big one.
((hugs))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What difference does it make what is in the box anyways? I definitely wouldn't tell them it's jewelry.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, have sometimes experienced delays with FedEx, but nothing was lost.

Did you happen to take any photos of the ring, to support your claim that it was not as described? If so that would undoubtedly help if it comes down to filing a dispute with your CC. But hopefully it won't come down to that.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
34B26CCD-C14D-4132-8F44-39AD5C422B72.jpeg
oh my gawd. After spending an hour talking to supervisors, and a totally unhelpful chase rep, this pops up.

Grove City is the FedEx distribution hub, located *less than an hour* from the final destination. Phew!

Updates as I get them! Hopefully this will all have been a ‘tempest in a teacup’!!!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my gawd. After spending an hour talking to supervisors, and a totally unhelpful chase rep, this pops up.

updates as I get them!

Woohoo! Fingers crossed for you!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:lol: This calls for another Irish coffee! Happy or sad, give a splash and be glad:lol:
Don't moind if I do.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
:lol: This calls for another Irish coffee! Happy or sad, give a splash and be glad:lol:
Don't moind if I do.

It is official. You are my new PS poet laureate!
I am literally drinking real Irish coffee right now.
Gah, I miss living in Ireland. The diamonds were harder to get back then, but the fresh air made up for it.

Anyway, so apparently the problem was that FedEx failed to scan the package before routing it onward to the Ohio-bound truck. The system thought it was sitting at the dock, still. The most recent FedEx call revealed that they had opened three different case numbers, and failed to put any notes in any of them.

Never again.
227570F6-B9D2-4AE9-8A0D-F7391A5EF926.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll confess before I opened the thread I thought you were having a Covid meltdown so I was really worried.

I was worried about your FedEx plight too but significantly relieved it wasn't a Covid meltdown.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I'll confess before I opened the thread I thought you were having a Covid meltdown so I was really worried.

I was worried about your FedEx plight too but significantly relieved it wasn't a Covid meltdown.

Thanks for your kind words! I’ve been isolating.... maybe that made my paranoia worse?!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your kind words! I’ve been isolating.... maybe that made my paranoia worse?!

Ooh I'd totally be the same if I had something expensive taking a plane trip around the country!!! Losing money in this environment would just be the last straw this year.

I'm just glad that it's going to be ok and you're going to be ok!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! I’m glad you finally got the notification from FedEx! I hope you already notified the seller about this notification and sent the pic above! So they can be on the lookout for the ring and you can get your refund licktey-split!
-C4C

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, for one, am relieved!
We were all on pins and needles for you!
I'm sorry you almost had a cardiac event over this.
I would have reacted the exact same way, except with hair pulling involved.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew, what a worrying time for you. I don’t understand why you can’t send jewellery through FedEx. Bella came from Ca. to London via FedEx.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Grove City is the FedEx distribution hub, located *less than an hour* from the final destination. Phew!

Updates as I get them! Hopefully this will all have been a ‘tempest in a teacup’!!!

What on earth!?!?!?! Sounds like this package is teleporting all over the place!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to see there was movement on the package, especially close to the destination. Fingers crossed this ordeal is over tomorrow!! You will need some sleep!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad they managed to figure out the issue but wow..... I don't want to say typical of them but from what I've seen lately, yeah, typical.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, what a rollercoaster. Sending good vibes your way. Hopefully this ordeal is almost over!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE:
Delivered, signed for, and refunded in full (except their $12 shipping cost which is only fair). Done and done!

I have learned my lesson;

1) don’t try to match Edwina
2) don’t use FedEx unless someone else sends the label so they take the risk
3) pricescopers are the absolute best
4) whiskey helps

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE:
Delivered, signed for, and refunded in full (except their $12 shipping cost which is only fair). Done and done!

I have learned my lesson;

1) don’t try to match Edwina
2) don’t use FedEx unless someone else sends the label so they take the risk
3) pricescopers are the absolute best
4) whiskey helps

YAAAAAY!!!!!

I'm SO relieved for you! Great news!

(...but who is Edwina?)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::HUGS::!!

I missed all the drama. I was going to join the chorus reassuring you that whilst FedEx tracking occasionally seems absolutely nonsensical, and FedEx customer service reps occasionally seem absolutely insensible, I've never had a package not arrive despite the bleakest of expectations.

But yours is there, and it's all dealt with, so it's time for wine!! I'll sacrifice on my side here and have an extra glass for you :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results