shape
carat
color
clarity

slightly impulsive buy.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wallab

Rough_Rock
hi all you diamond experts,

i''ve spent the past couple of months or so reading all of your helpful forum advice, and then what did i do, but turn around and buy the ring rather impulsively.
the good news (i think) is that i purchased it (minutes ago) from whiteflash. although it might have been wiser to post this request for advice before the purchase, the 10 day guarantee is always an option (o/w i''d be genuinely nervous as opposed to slightly anxious).

soooo, is it a keeper, or not...

i really appreciate any feedback i get.

whiteflash link for the diamond - GIA, Sarin, and IdealScope are available at this link:
https://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2045492.htm

the setting is WF''s platinum tiffany knife edge:
https://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Tiffany-Knife-Edge_792.htm

decription:
Item Code: GIA-14814792
Price: $5,857.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.32
Color: I
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 60.5
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.4
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 7.13-7.16X4.

thanks again,
wallab

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
I think you got a pretty good buy! Is it eye clean? The IS pix look great, and the measurements are pretty tight, I''d say great buy, but I''m not an expert- they''ll be all over this one for you
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
as long as its eyeclean its a keeper.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
as far as impulse purchases go, this one is a great one!! nice numbers, IS image, as long as it's eye-clean which from the image it looks like an EXCEPTIONAL SI2...you made a great selection!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2005 2:02:14 AM
Author:wallab

I''ve spent the past couple of months or so reading all of your helpful forum advice, and then what did i do, but turn around and buy the ring rather impulsively.
I wouldn''t call months of reading ... ''impulsive buying''. You could not have gotten allot more detail about the stone, setting and seller online anyway.

Good for you !
1.gif

Can''t wait to hear from you if the diamond has matches the high prize in WF''s presentation
2.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
If it''s eye clean then you''ve got yourself a wonderful stone. The IS is really clean, sharp and the right colors (dark red and black). Whiteflash really come up with exceptional stones in their Expert Selection. I have one (and it''s an HCA 1.3 just like yours) and I couldn''t be happier qualitywise. It''s going to be a right sparkler. You won''t regret such a great buy.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Wallab and welcome
35.gif
I agree with the others, I don''t think you bought impulsively, IMO you did your homework, knew what you were looking for and BOOM- found it
9.gif
Looks like you have found a great diamond, if it is eyeclean and as Mara says it looks great then don''t worry about it - you can''t go wrong, and please post pics when it arrives!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Wallab, and welcome to PS. After you have done your homework, if you find the one, you have to jump on it. That''s not impulsive, it''s good common sense.

shay

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Brad,

Fantastic choice. I love the setting you have choosen too.

Classic, elegant and timeless.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results