shape
carat
color
clarity

Skin care

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
AJ, hope you love your Clarisonic! Just for reference, I think you got a fair price. I bought the non-pro model for $195 US from Sephora.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard omega-3''s do wonders to enhance appearance. Must try that. Someone on another forum I visit, talked about how the Costco Omega-3''s helped her skin immensely, and how she looks so much younger.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Good girl! I think its a great machine and you save money on facials and other premium products plus its more ''natural''.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 5:29:37 PM
Author: katebar
Good girl! I think its a great machine and you save money on facials and other premium products plus its more ''natural''.
I told my husband this as part of my reasoning for buying the Clarisonic, and he was like, "Wait, you spend money on what? Someone picking at your face and putting mud on it?" I tried to explain that it wasn''t quite like that, but he was horrified.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I''m currently using products from Clinique (facial wash), Philosophy (facial cream and night cream), and Elizabeth Arden (facial cream). The Philiosophy creams I use does a great job of evening out my skin tone and acne. The Elizabeth Arden cream does well for hydration and the Clinique facial wash makes my face clean without feeling dried out.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ I just bought 2 normal bushes on Ebay for $40.00 Aus dollars including postage so that great!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 4:20:29 PM
Author: kittybean
AJ, hope you love your Clarisonic! Just for reference, I think you got a fair price. I bought the non-pro model for $195 US from Sephora.

Thanks KB, me too!
I thought so too re the price.

Cheers to Irish for finding it
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 5:29:37 PM
Good girl! I think its a great machine and you save money on facials and other premium products plus its more 'natural'.

Well, tbh I've rarely gotten a facial because I didn't want to fork out that kinda $$!
5.gif

So this machine makes sense to me - I thought the body one would be good for upcoming summer too.

I'll let you'all know what I think, express ship so should't be too long
1.gif

(and sorry for the Clarisonic detour this thread has taken)
40.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Clarisonic came today!
16.gif

I have to let it charge for 24 hours before I can use it, so I''ll use it for the first time tomorrow night. I''ll let ya know how it goes!
21.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT''S AWESOME!!! I think I''m in love!!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 11:07:59 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

really Irish??! Tell me everything, lol!

What speed did you use it on your face - what kind of difference do you notice?
Did you use the body one too?
Please do tell
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2009 11:26:38 PM
Author: arjunajane

30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Please do tell
36.gif
AJ, I ordered the one that came without the body brush, because I really didn''t think I''d use it and I can always buy the body brush later if I decide I really want it.

The model you and I ordered (the Pro) has four speeds: low, medium, high, and "pro" (which is to be used with the body brush only and not on the face, from what I understand). My main concern is getting WAAAAY down deep into my pores and getting them REALLY, REALLY CLEAN, so I decided to try the "high" setting. Also, you can set the timer for either one minute or two minutes. It pauses and beeps at you when it wants you to switch to a different part of your face. I set the timer for two minutes because, again, I was trying to REALLY get the gunk out of my pores. (My skin tends to be oily and my pores are kinda large and tend to clog easily.) You start with your forehead, then move to your nose and chin area the first time it beeps/pauses, then move to your cheek the second time it beeps/pauses, and finally move to your other cheek the last time it beeps/pauses. Basically, you''ll be spending 1/3 of the time on your forehead, 1/3 of the time on your nose/chin area, 1/6 of the time on your right cheek, and 1/6 of the time on your left cheek. I was afraid it would be awkward to use at first, but it was actually pretty easy!

It comes with three little tubes of cleanser. One is for normal/oily skin (like mine), one is for normal/dry skin, and one is for sensitive skin. I didn''t use any of those, because I''m addicted to my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (I use the oily skin formula). I just removed my eye makeup like I normally would (with Clinique eye makeup remover), then got the brush wet with warm water and put a squirt of my cleanser on the brush, then I splashed my face a few times with warm water to get my skin wet, and then fired up the Clarisonic! It feels AMAZINGLY good on your skin! VERY relaxing! And your skin will feel FANTASTIC after you''ve used it for the first time! I mean FANTASTIC!!! I feel like I just got a facial, only BETTER!!! I don''t think my pores have ever been this clean before, and it''s true that your moisturizer seems to absorb into your skin better! My skin feels SO soft now, and I can''t stop touching my face! LOL!
36.gif

I can''t wait til you get yours! You''re gonna love it!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2009 8:44:22 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 10/11/2009 8:27:30 PM
Author: kittybean

I think good ol' Retin-A is probably the best anti-aging treatment out there. My pharmacy charges $40 for a generic tube. My mom is almost 54 and has very few wrinkles, and she uses Retin-A daily. It also helps with acne (this is why I use it), so you can kill two birds with one stone if you have blemishes.

Ditto this!
I use this for acne and for fine lines but the generic it is in a blue and white tube (Tretinoin). To wash my face I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing bar or Purpose. I also use sunscreen everyday, either Neutrogena spf 70 or La Roche Posay anthelios spf 50.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 12:01:36 AM
Date: 10/16/2009 11:26:38 PM

30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Please do tell

36.gif
AJ, I ordered the one that came without the body brush, because I really didn''t think I''d use it and I can always buy the body brush later if I decide I really want it.

The model you and I ordered (the Pro) has four speeds: low, medium, high, and ''pro'' (which is to be used with the body brush only and not on the face, from what I understand). My main concern is getting WAAAAY down deep into my pores and getting them REALLY, REALLY CLEAN, so I decided to try the ''high'' setting. Also, you can set the timer for either one minute or two minutes. It pauses and beeps at you when it wants you to switch to a different part of your face. I set the timer for two minutes because, again, I was trying to REALLY get the gunk out of my pores. (My skin tends to be oily and my pores are kinda large and tend to clog easily.) You start with your forehead, then move to your nose and chin area the first time it beeps/pauses, then move to your cheek the second time it beeps/pauses, and finally move to your other cheek the last time it beeps/pauses. Basically, you''ll be spending 1/3 of the time on your forehead, 1/3 of the time on your nose/chin area, 1/6 of the time on your right cheek, and 1/6 of the time on your left cheek. I was afraid it would be awkward to use at first, but it was actually pretty easy!

It comes with three little tubes of cleanser. One is for normal/oily skin (like mine), one is for normal/dry skin, and one is for sensitive skin. I didn''t use any of those, because I''m addicted to my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap (I use the oily skin formula). I just removed my eye makeup like I normally would (with Clinique eye makeup remover), then got the brush wet with warm water and put a squirt of my cleanser on the brush, then I splashed my face a few times with warm water to get my skin wet, and then fired up the Clarisonic! It feels AMAZINGLY good on your skin! VERY relaxing! And your skin will feel FANTASTIC after you''ve used it for the first time! I mean FANTASTIC!!! I feel like I just got a facial, only BETTER!!! I don''t think my pores have ever been this clean before, and it''s true that your moisturizer seems to absorb into your skin better! My skin feels SO soft now, and I can''t stop touching my face! LOL!
36.gif

I can''t wait til you get yours! You''re gonna love it!
9.gif

Thankyou heaps for the run down Irish!
Wow, it really sounds like it does the trick - how funny that you went straight for the strongest setting, lol..

I may do that too, as like you I have oily/combination skin and enlarged/clogged pores on my T zone. It is one thing about my skin I have never been able to address/reduce no matter what I use or do - so if the Clarisonic does this, I will be in love too!

I like the sounds of how thoroughly it cleanses - and that you didn''t find it awkward to use (this was the main complaint I read about the Pro size model).

I am actually out of cleanser atm, and wondering what to switch to next. So I will most likely use their one to start.
I still don''t feel like I''ve found just the right cleanser for me, but I admit I haven''t tried Clinique before.

So you''re a clinique girl for all your face routine then?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 12:27:21 AM

Thankyou heaps for the run down Irish!
Wow, it really sounds like it does the trick - how funny that you went straight for the strongest setting, lol..

I may do that too, as like you I have oily/combination skin and enlarged/clogged pores on my T zone. It is one thing about my skin I have never been able to address/reduce no matter what I use or do - so if the Clarisonic does this, I will be in love too!

I like the sounds of how thoroughly it cleanses - and that you didn''t find it awkward to use (this was the main complaint I read about the Pro size model).

I am actually out of cleanser atm, and wondering what to switch to next. So I will most likely use their one to start.
I still don''t feel like I''ve found just the right cleanser for me, but I admit I haven''t tried Clinique before.

So you''re a clinique girl for all your face routine then?
No problem, AJ! Glad to help!
1.gif

And yes, I LOVE Clinique! My skin tends to be sensitive sometimes, and Clinique is the only product line I''ve found that NEVER irritates my skin. LOVE IT!!!
36.gif

And it is funny that I went straight to the strongest setting . . . I guess I''m an all-or-nothing kinda girl! LOL!
9.gif

One thing I forgot to mention: Make sure you charge yours for the FULL 24 HOURS before you use it for the first time! I know that will be hard . . . I was going nuts because I wanted to use it so bad! LOL! But I read several reviews online where people had not charged it for the full 24 hours before the first use, and the battery didn''t hold a charge correctly because of that.
15.gif

Let me know how it works out for you when you get it! I hope it gets there soon!
21.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cheers hon, and will do on the charging thing - I have had too many new mobile phones over the years not to observe that rule.
5.gif

I think I may go to Clinique and ask for samples...I''ve always been in two minds about their stuff, as it seems folks either love it or hate it..

I have used skin care regimes everything from Dermalogica and even more expensive/"prestige", to supermarket brands like Loreal, and can''t seem to find the perfect combo.

I admittedly did really like Dermalogica - but the prices are pretty nutso..

I will of course update once I''ve used my new toy! - shouldn''t be long now, it''s already on a plane.
36.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t switched over to anti-aging products yet but I absolutely love IPSA products. I am asian so it works well for my skin and not sure if it will work for you. I also only use mineral makeup and I found the switch to be good. I use Lauress mineral makeup which is better than all the other brands I have tried (and that''s a lot).

chelsea3

Rough_Rock
I have very oily skin. I wash my face morning and night with Cethaphil Cleanser for oily skin. At night I use Differin which is a Retin-A type prescription acne med that works wonders on wrinkles as well. I also take the GNC triple strength fish oil (specially made to control fishy burps). My doctor swears by the fish oil. My skin looks better now that it did a few years ago.

I have been reading the posts about the Clarisonic and I believe that the Clarisonic was one of Oprah''s favorite things. I am very intrigued. . . I might have to get one for myself!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/17/2009 12:42:08 AM
Cheers hon, and will do on the charging thing - I have had too many new mobile phones over the years not to observe that rule.
5.gif

I think I may go to Clinique and ask for samples...I''ve always been in two minds about their stuff, as it seems folks either love it or hate it..

I have used skin care regimes everything from Dermalogica and even more expensive/''prestige'', to supermarket brands like Loreal, and can''t seem to find the perfect combo.

I will of course update once I''ve used my new toy! - shouldn''t be long now, it''s already on a plane.
36.gif
AJ, you should definitely give Clinique a try! It sounds like you and I have similar skin, so you''ll probably be a Type 3 like me. You can go to their website at www.clinique.com and take the quiz to tell you which skin type you are. But I would still definitely go to your local Clinique counter. The one near me is usually very generous with samples! And the ladies are very nice. They''ll skin type you, recommend the appropriate skin care products for you, and even do a full makeup application on you if you''d like. One item I''d definitely recommend is the Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer. I CANNOT live without that stuff!
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 3:07:35 PM
Date: 10/17/2009 12:42:08 AM

5.gif

I think I may go to Clinique and ask for samples...I've always been in two minds about their stuff, as it seems folks either love it or hate it..

I have used skin care regimes everything from Dermalogica and even more expensive/'prestige', to supermarket brands like Loreal, and can't seem to find the perfect combo.

I will of course update once I've used my new toy! - shouldn't be long now, it's already on a plane.
36.gif
AJ, you should definitely give Clinique a try! It sounds like you and I have similar skin, so you'll probably be a Type 3 like me. You can go to their website at www.clinique.com and take the quiz to tell you which skin type you are. But I would still definitely go to your local Clinique counter. The one near me is usually very generous with samples! And the ladies are very nice. They'll skin type you, recommend the appropriate skin care products for you, and even do a full makeup application on you if you'd like. One item I'd definitely recommend is the Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer. I CANNOT live without that stuff!
9.gif

Thanks again Irish! You've been a big help in this thread.
1.gif

I've always thought I should at least do that skin diagnosis thing at Clinique - I will try to find some time soon, and of course ask for samples
11.gif

The last samples/line I tried was Dr Spiller biocosmetics - my beautician carries it and gave me some samples. I really quite liked them, especially the cleansers and eye cream - but they're really a bit expensive for the full size products.
7.gif

Off to look online about Clinique products...
5.gif

ETA: Hrmmm..depending on the answer to one question, I am either a type 2 or 3 on their online test.
I think I will visit in person for the proper diagnosis.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 3:52:36 PM
Author: packrat
I''m using an acne line from Skin Medica right now. I got it from the place where I got the facial peels done. Having peels helped a little, especially the last one, which was a Skin Medica one. I wish the peels weren''t so expensive and I didn''t have to drive an hour 1 way to have it done.

My gramma sent me a link to something called...lemme think..Thera clear or Therma clear or something? It''s a device that uses light and you put it on your skin-she said it had great reviews on some Dr. show she watches..it''s about the price of that Clarisonic machine. Anyone ever tried it?
I have had a few lactic acid peels and they have done wonders for hydrating and clearing my skin. Not quite sure which brand she uses though. To keep my skin looking ok between peels, I have been using an enzyme peel from Amore Pacific every two days: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P232931&categoryId=C20702

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use the alpha hydroxy"Microdelivery peel pads" from Philosophy. They really smooth out uneven color and skin surface. I use them every night after cleansing with Purity (Philosophy's mainstay cleanser), and then I use the peel pad, and then moisturize my face and eyes, and go to bed. My skin looks great every morning, except for the bags under my eyes. Still working on gettng a good night and eye cream. I use Philosphy's Hope in a Tube at night, but I have to buy more of their "Replenishing Cream." It works even better than Hope in a Tube for me. I am just wondering if there are any other great night creams out there. The only thing with the Microdelivery peel pads is that alpha hydroxy makes the skin 50% more sensitive to the sun. Therefore, it's really important to use a UVA/UVB SPF cream under your makeup when you go out every day.

I buy the 100 count of the Microdelivery peel pads, they are the most cost effective. I like lactid acid peels as well. Philosophy makes a great vitamin C one, but I noticed that Olay makes an almost identical version for half the price. I have used both, and I find the Philosophy one to be more effective. I guess I'm a "Philosophy Girl" (what the company coins it's fans). LOL!!

It is important to note that I'm in my 40's so I'm not a spring chicken.
emembarrassed.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 10:38:02 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I use the alpha hydroxy''Microdelivery peel pads'' from Philosophy. They really smooth out uneven color and skin surface. I use them every night after cleansing with Purity (Philosophy''s mainstay cleanser), and then I use the peel pad, and then moisturize my face and eyes, and go to bed. My skin looks great every morning, except for the bags under my eyes. Still working on gettng a good night and eye cream. I use Philosphy''s Hope in a Tube at night, but I have to buy more of their ''Replenishing Cream.'' It works even better than Hope in a Tube for me. I am just wondering if there are any other great night creams out there. The only thing with the Microdelivery peel pads is that alpha hydroxy makes the skin 50% more sensitive to the sun. Therefore, it''s really important to use a UVA/UVB SPF cream under your makeup when you go out every day.

I buy the 100 count of the Microdelivery peel pads, they are the most cost effective. I like lactid acid peels as well. Philosophy makes a great vitamin C one, but I noticed that Olay makes an almost identical version for half the price. I have used both, and I find the Philosophy one to be more effective. I guess I''m a ''Philosophy Girl'' (what the company coins it''s fans). LOL!!

It is important to note that I''m in my 40''s so I''m not a spring chicken.
emembarrassed.gif
I bought the 32 oz size of Purity from the Philosophy site, which was a good deal at $42. To get me over $50 (for free shipping), I bought a small jar of When Hope is Not Enough, which I actually use as a night cream for my eyes. It seems to be working as I wake up and my eyes feel very soft. I use Hope in a Tube during the day, which has helped me as well. In the shower, I use their microdelivery wash, which I was able to get cheaper from eBay.

Their microdelivery pads sound interesting, so I might try them when I have to place an order. My skin is fair/sensitive, but I always wear a sunscreen, hat and sunglasses when I have to go into the sun.

Schrammek has a few nice night creams that I have samples for. The one I like best is their Hydro Force Night Cream, which is not cheap, but a little goes a long way. Actually, this vendor sells it for cheaper via ebay and I have bought from her a few times.

Dermaquest also makes very nice products too.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Got my clarisonic today ladies (that was quick!)..

I forgot to purchase a power adapter, so need to do that, then will post once I''ve given it a whirl.
It all looks very nice/nicely made and I''m excited to use it.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Careful with the power adaptor. You need a transformer but not an expensive one. Just go to Dick Smiths with all the books. Cost about $50.00 but you use it for othr things.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2009 3:58:35 AM
Careful with the power adaptor. You need a transformer but not an expensive one. Just go to Dick Smiths with all the books. Cost about $50.00 but you use it for othr things.

Hey Kate -
I just went to Harvey Normans - they only had one, which was a universal adapter for Aust/NZ.
I have a good guy there who knows *everything about everything* and he said as long as the voltage on the Clarisonic charger says is compatible with 100-240v, I''ll be fine (and it is)
5.gif

Just to be safe, as the Clarisonic wasn''t exactly cheap - I also bought a Belkin surge protector. I use these for all valuable appliances in my home (laptop, mobile phones etc), as they have an awesome policy where if the surge *does* get through the protector, the warranty will pay out for your appliances as well as the protector itself.
Altogether it was just over $50, so not too bad.
1.gif

I would recommend these Belkin''s to anyone who doesn''t already use one (and we have a new home with no wiring/electrical issues).
Once we had a surge that blew up the protector, but the laptop was completely fine.
You just take the product into the store and they give you a new one on the spot, no mucking about/ppwk or anything.

Ok, off my tech-soap box, ha ha
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So I just finished using mine for the first time, Clarisonic lovers!

Irish - ya nutter! I don''t know how you went straight to top speed, rofl..
I tried that, but was finding it a lil awkward - I kept having to pause to wash the soap out my eyes and it made me want to sneeze whilst on the nose section, lol!
41.gif

But I just moved it down to medium (on the 2 min cycle) and then was great - really comfortable, easy to use. I actually ended up doing about 3mins total.
I will just have to work my way up to the top setting I think
2.gif

I''m really looking forward to using the body brush too, it looks quite massaging and luxurious..

I used the cleanser that came with it (for oily), which was actually pretty nice.
I think I will use these samples until I decide what skincare regime I want to go with for sure..

So - the verdict?: I actually have never had a proper facial or peel (I know, blasphemy
3.gif
), so I can''t compare. But my skin is absolutely a massive amount cleaner and smoother than usual, and soooo soft after. My small blemishes look less red/noticeable and my skin has that nice glow we all want.
My pores on the nose actually look a lil bit more enlarged, but I imagine that is because all the gunk has been cleaned out, and they (I expect) will keep improving with more use.

It''s fun to own and use, and really does make a difference. I''m sure once I find a tailored skin regime, I will enjoy it even more. And I''m looking forward to bragging about it to my beautician, he he..

Thanks to the gals that recommended it (and Irish for finding the great deal), and making me a Clarisonic convert!
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! I''m so glad you like it, AJ!
36.gif

And WOW it got to Australia fast!
23.gif

I know what you mean about the highest setting being a little intense! I''ve been using the two-minute cycle on the highest setting, and I''ve been doing OK with it, but I have ridiculously tough skin! LOL!
9.gif

I''m still loving mine, and I''ve been using it twice daily since Friday night. (So, I guess that would be eight uses so far?) I definitely think it improves the condition of my skin each time I use it. I noticed a difference right away, and it just keeps getting better! I just can''t get over how incredibly CLEAN my skin feels now . . . I don''t think it''s EVER been this clean before!
21.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 11:07:06 AM
YAY! I''m so glad you like it, AJ!
36.gif

And WOW it got to Australia fast!
23.gif

I know what you mean about the highest setting being a little intense! I''ve been using the two-minute cycle on the highest setting, and I''ve been doing OK with it, but I have ridiculously tough skin! LOL!
9.gif

I''m still loving mine, and I''ve been using it twice daily since Friday night. (So, I guess that would be eight uses so far?) I definitely think it improves the condition of my skin each time I use it. I noticed a difference right away, and it just keeps getting better! I just can''t get over how incredibly CLEAN my skin feels now . . . I don''t think it''s EVER been this clean before!
21.gif

Hey again Irish.

Glad to hear you''re still enjoying yours.
5.gif

I usually don''t leave myself much time to gte ready in the mornings, so I think I will just use it at night time/ on the w''ends.

I agree, even after the first use mt skin seemed better this morning - not as tired looking?

35.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ use it in the shower that what I do. Easy peasey

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results