shape
carat
color
clarity

Singlestone is the new Tiffany''s. And Ari is my new best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
On the sugar bowl...

L1030242.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness I love it!

audball

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Hand...

L1030288_2.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Hand in the sink...

L1030286_2.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
On the buddha pencil topper my kids gave me for christmas one year...

L1030273_2.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe this comes a little closer to showing the movement on those shanky prongs... which I feel like look stiff and angular in these pics...

L1030271_2.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Buddha, again...

L1030276_3.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Another hand shot...

L1030288_3.jpg

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
Your ring turned out GORGEOUS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I know what you mean about pics. not doing it justice. It is very hard for me to capture the 'true sparkly beauty' of my ring but at least in these photos you can see the beautiful, flowy and elegant detail :)

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
On our perfume bottles filled with Ni''ihau shells collected on the beach at Kauai... (the only shell insurable as a gemstone, by the way!)

L1030263_2.jpg

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! your ering is fantastic! Thanks for the pics
1.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
So I think that is it, for now.

To sum it up,

1) Diamond. I bought the OEC stone in a sweaty gambler's fit off of ebay, no return policy, sight unseen, but with fairly amazing close up pics. Bought it as a 1.9ct J VS1 OEC in a not-so-vintage yellow gold setting; had the seller unmount it before shipping. To her horror, it turned out to be 2ct. Nancy Stacy said it was an 2.0ct OEC L colored SI1, another appraiser said J VS2, Ari swears by J or J/K VS2. Whatever! It wasn't a huge bargain compared to some ebay stones, paid $7000, but it appraised at $14500 by one and $15000-16000 by Ari and there wasn't one stone that size, well cut or not, that vendors had at that time that was less than $10,000 (old world diamonds, etc). I was scared to tell Ari that it was from Ebay and what I paid, but he asked and I told him, and he thought I had done extremely well; the ring I pictured in a previous thread that was there in his showroom was a 2ct as well, H vs2, and retailed at $22,000!

2) Setting. Custom made by Ari at Singlestone. .30ctw old cut sidestones, platinum setting with an antiqued patina finish, size 6. It took him less than a month to complete.

3) Wedding band. Ironically, the band I like to wear with it the most is a cheapo white gold band that Ari practically gave me when I was there. It's stamped to look like hand engraved, he bought out some bankrupt jeweler of his supply of machine made vintage bands and for whatever reason we decided I needed to have it, Ari and I!

Anyway, thank you guys for the compliments... I love it too! My only negative is that it is so much bigger than my last diamond that my first thought when I opened the box was, "It's gorgeous! It's too big!" but that is a good problem to have, and it is growing on me.
31.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
THAT is FANTASTIC!!! You are NUTS to say it doesn''t photograph well. I can''t imagine how it could look more beautiful!!
36.gif

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Love the diamond, the setting, ALL of it! And the ''freebie'' band does look great with it too, definite vintage feel to both!
36.gif
Thanks for sharing the pics!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s fantastic! The setting doesn''t look angular at all. Ari did a great job!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
It is truly stunning! LOVE the stone and I''m so jealous that you found such a great deal on ebay. Good for you for taking a chance and how awesome that it turned out better than you had anticipated! The setting is TO DIE FOR!!!!!

I live in the LA area but we''re moving in a few months. This post and your other thread in Rocky has convinced me that I''d be a fool not to go visit Singlestone while I live so close!

Seriously, it''s perfection! Congrats!!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
wallermama! your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!! And the bands aren''t to shabby either. I am glad that there is a happy ending to your ring story.
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s STUNNING! Seriously AMAZING! It looks fantastic on you and the setting and diamond are both just gorgeous! Wear it in good health!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
30.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. I am IN LOVE with your ring. RINGS. Uhhhh.....so incredibly stunning. You have excellent taste.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, it''s sooooo pretty. Just love it. It photographs very well, and may I say you take great pics. So happy for you. Enjoy!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 4:41:51 PM
Author: wallermama
So I think that is it, for now.

To sum it up,

1) Diamond. I bought the OEC stone in a sweaty gambler''s fit off of ebay, no return policy, sight unseen, but with fairly amazing close up pics. Bought it as a 1.9ct J VS1 OEC in a not-so-vintage yellow gold setting; had the seller unmount it before shipping. To her horror, it turned out to be 2ct. Nancy Stacy said it was an 2.0ct OEC L colored SI1, another appraiser said J VS2, Ari swears by J or J/K VS2. Whatever! It wasn''t a huge bargain compared to some ebay stones, paid $7000, but it appraised at $14500 by one and $15000-16000 by Ari and there wasn''t one stone that size, well cut or not, that vendors had at that time that was less than $10,000 (old world diamonds, etc). I was scared to tell Ari that it was from Ebay and what I paid, but he asked and I told him, and he thought I had done extremely well; the ring I pictured in a previous thread that was there in his showroom was a 2ct as well, H vs2, and retailed at $22,000!

2) Setting. Custom made by Ari at Singlestone. .30ctw old cut sidestones, platinum setting with an antiqued patina finish, size 6. It took him less than a month to complete.

3) Wedding band. Ironically, the band I like to wear with it the most is a cheapo white gold band that Ari practically gave me when I was there. It''s stamped to look like hand engraved, he bought out some bankrupt jeweler of his supply of machine made vintage bands and for whatever reason we decided I needed to have it, Ari and I!

Anyway, thank you guys for the compliments... I love it too! My only negative is that it is so much bigger than my last diamond that my first thought when I opened the box was, ''It''s gorgeous! It''s too big!'' but that is a good problem to have, and it is growing on me.
31.gif
Dont worry...DSS! Its perfect!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, beautiful!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love it! I really liked your old asscher, but this ring is incredible. Congrats on your new ring!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly a beautiful, very antique looking ring. It is warm, and sparkly and delicious! Wear it in the best of health and happiness!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I AM SO FREAKIN HAPPY FOR YOU!!! OMG I love it!! It reminds me of the ring one of the Trading Spaces designers wears (Laurie??) -- and I''ve admired her ring since the first season. And that BAND!!! AMAZING!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2009 10:21:08 PM
Author: decodelighted
I AM SO FREAKIN HAPPY FOR YOU!!! OMG I love it!! It reminds me of the ring one of the Trading Spaces designers wears (Laurie??) -- and I''ve admired her ring since the first season. And that BAND!!! AMAZING!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What she said.....wow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results