shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Ladies Small Talk

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I had a good weekend. Crazy, but good.

For the record, though? It TOTALLY screws up your game to be in a bar where the only people outside of the group you brought (of you, another girl, and 10 attractive, athletic guys) are your ex and his friends. Lovely.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1301926870|2887355 said:
I had a good weekend. Crazy, but good.

For the record, though? It TOTALLY screws up your game to be in a bar where the only people outside of the group you brought (of you, another girl, and 10 attractive, athletic guys) are your ex and his friends. Lovely.

:(

About to head to work, but there is a guy on the horizon and he is very cute.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It is just not fair. Not fair at all. I met the world's most attractive man (and oh, holy crap do I mean that), and he lives in DC. Also, I only talked to him for like, 2 minutes. But uggggggh. Why can't guys like that live in my city?

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Finally broke down an bought an Ipod today. The new Nano has a clip so I can use it for running (it has gotten difficult to pretend you don't hear the crazy people when you don't have headphones in!). I even got a little flirting in with the Apple Store guy that helped me - I'm so rusty that I figure practice makes perfect right? I'd forgotten how much fun a little harmless flirting could be!

I got 4 runs in the week - which is a nice little bump as I was only managing 3 previously. My friend from work and I signed up for a boot camp class which starts tomorrow and I signed up to volunteer at the humane society. I'm looking forward to being nice and busy soon! I'm trying to take all the advice given on the LIW forum for "Getting over a break up" and find some group-type hobbies or activities that might be interesting so I can try and make some new friends. I lost a lot of friends with the breakup as they were his first so I really need to expand my group. There is a sand volleyball league through work that I might look into.

Some awesome news - I'm down about 10 pounds! I haven't really noticed it in my everyday clothes, but while I was picking up the Ipod I of course had to stop in some other stores and picked up a really cute dress/cardigan in a size smaller than I usually wear as a kind of motivation to keep me going with the good nutrition / working out front. I decided to try it on at home and it was actually a tiny bit loose!! Which is awesome and now I have an excuse to go out and find some other really cute outfit to buy as motivation to keep up the healthy lifestyle! :appl: :appl:

BEG: Oooo - new cute guy? fingers crossed - and share so I can live vicariously through your stories :devil:

princess - isn't that how it always goes?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Good for you, GamerGirl! I really wish I was a runner - it seems like all of the runners I know find it such a good way to relax, while I just find it torturous.

Well, Emmy finally pinned me down and got me to agree to another "date". (Put in quotations because...well, you guys know.) We'll see if I get any more of a vibe from him. At the very least, he's fun to hang out with, so it won't hurt to have a drink with him.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies :wavey:
I think I'll be joining you all here! My BF of 6 1/2 years broke up with me last week and I guess I'm trying to get through everything.
I've been reaching out to friends a lot(at least a lot for me.) And I've been going out/hanging out with someone almost every night. I want to figure out some sort of rhythm for working out/exercising, but I'm terrible at just going to the gym! I participated in a Boot Camp for a month, which I went to to all except one time but that is way too pricey to continue. I started doing some Zumba that's close to my place, but the schedule for it is kind of funky.
I ramble, way too easily. What I'm trying to fund out is how other people kept themselves busy/motivated to do other things.

Thanks ladies, I think I might go read through the beginning of the thread! :)

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Pinkstars! Totally read the thread in LIW forum on how to get over a breakup - tons of good ideas there.
What I am doing:
1. Running - almost every day. I'm not very good at it (running 2miles at a time right now and that is killer) - but I am getting stronger and faster every time I get out there. Depending on my mood I can run in silence and just be totally in my own head (figured out a bunch of work issues that way!) or run with music if I don't feel like thinking too much.
2. Saying YES to anytime anyone asks me to do anything. well except when previous scheduled activities overlap.
3. Signed up to volunteer at the local Humane Society
4. Looking for apartments (since I lived with my Ex) and after I get an apartment I will jump into decorating it!! woo hooooooooo!
5. Keeping an eye out for concerts / events in the local area and bugging people to go or convincing myself to go by myself(we have TONS of concerts and festivals in the summer months so this should start to kick up a ton)
6. Counselling. Seriously - I was SOOOO anti-therapy previously but this has really, really , really helped. Even if all I do is blabber and cry for an hour. And even if I feel like cr@p immeadiately following it - the next day I feel better - and I find myself reflecting on what was discussed and being able to process what I am going through better

One thing that a couple of people have told me: During times of big change -- allow yourself to SPLURGE. Of course, still be financially responsible but where you can you should treat yourself. So for me - I bought a new smaller sized cute dress - a little more than I would usually spend - as motivation for keeping running and I am looking at apartments in an area that I have ALWAYS wanted to live in and is a little more than I would like to spend (but still budgetable) - and when it comes to decorating I am lucky that I have a good chunk of money saved up and I'm going to use some to make my new apartment AWESOME. Then I'll probably go back to saving more than spending - but this little bit of splurging is nice.

I'm a little over a month out from my break up and I HONESTLY feel pretty good - I definitely have sad days / minutes / hours but overall I am trying to just embrace any possible good/exciting thing that has come with this change. My biggest challenge is going to be that I am feeling old (35 at the end of the month ;( ) and I lost a ton of friends with this break up since they were his first and I haven't heard from a lot of them since. So now I have to figure out how you go about meeting new people in a non-creepy "will you be my friend" way. still working on that part - ha!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
princesss|1302492482|2893002 said:
Good for you, GamerGirl! I really wish I was a runner - it seems like all of the runners I know find it such a good way to relax, while I just find it torturous.

Well, Emmy finally pinned me down and got me to agree to another "date". (Put in quotations because...well, you guys know.) We'll see if I get any more of a vibe from him. At the very least, he's fun to hang out with, so it won't hurt to have a drink with him.

So when is your "date" with Emmy? I'm curious how the second try goes....

Mostly unrelated -- has anyone watched the show Happy Endings? I think it premiered last night and I kind of ended up watching it by accident (at some point a girl brings a date to a party and her gay friend totally thinks the date is also gay, but girl doesn't want to believe him). I thought it was pretty funny, although a couple of characters were a bit crazy and might be annoying after a while.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, round two with Emmy was last night. It went well, there was a little more flirting and it was a little more relaxed, so that was good. He's gotten to a point where he's a little more comfortable teasing me, which is good because then I kind of joke around with him and it just generally relaxed both of us. I'm still not sure if I think he's actually straight, but if he isn't he was much better at pretending last night! The end-of-date hug was better, too.

I'll tell more details later, but I have to run to the gym for my pre-rock climbing elliptical time.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
pinkstars|1302811226|2896108 said:
Hey ladies :wavey:
I think I'll be joining you all here! My BF of 6 1/2 years broke up with me last week and I guess I'm trying to get through everything.
I've been reaching out to friends a lot(at least a lot for me.) And I've been going out/hanging out with someone almost every night. I want to figure out some sort of rhythm for working out/exercising, but I'm terrible at just going to the gym! I participated in a Boot Camp for a month, which I went to to all except one time but that is way too pricey to continue. I started doing some Zumba that's close to my place, but the schedule for it is kind of funky.
I ramble, way too easily. What I'm trying to fund out is how other people kept themselves busy/motivated to do other things.

Thanks ladies, I think I might go read through the beginning of the thread! :)

Hey Pinkstars! Welcome to the thread, and I'm sorry to hear about the break-up :( I am reposting what I wrote in the Break Up Blues thread.

B.E.G.|1302240214|2890890 said:
Ok, so I broke up with my BF of three years back in August. At one point we even had a timeline for getting married; needless to say, the relationship was serious. I also moved back home with no job, single, and not happy.

What I did:

1) I got bangs. My ex hated my bangs (FWIW they are really cute! They're the long, swept to the side bangs) so back they came :razz:
2) Joined a gym, started doing yoga and zumba regularly, and within a couple months was feeling great and looking great.
3) Got a new hobby - I started skiing. I fell absolutely, head over heels in love with skiing and I just hit my 18th ski day. I'm also pretty darn good at it! (I did my first real black diamond yesterday actually!) Note - I finished out my season last weekend with Day 20
4) I hung out a lot with friends - one of my BFFs lives in town, and I also got to see a lot of friends over the holidays. I also made an incredible group of friends through my gym and skiing, and I've also gotten to be friends with quite a few of the people who work at my home mountain.
5) I met a guy, dated this guy, had fun, and after a few weeks it ended. And you know, that was EXACTLY what I needed. Note: I've subsequently met another guy and I really like him - things are progressing
6) Oh and I threw myself into figuring out my life - so no more law, applied for Master of Education programs, was accepted to all the programs I applied to, and I will be moving to the Bay Area this JUNE to start :D

And honestly, I am happier now that I have been in over three years. I am so excited for my new life, for my new career path, and I am so happy about all that has happened this past 8 months or so. I was so depressed at the thought of moving back, but honestly, it's been a great gift - it's allowed me to do things for myself, find happiness again (and not happiness reliant on a guy), form new friendships and find new hobbies and obsessions, and yeah, being single sucks sometimes, but it DOES let you hit on really hot ski instructors..... :Up_to_something:

Now that ski season is over, I'm throwing myself into other things - I am hoping to take my first golf lesson this weekend, I'm going to another city to meet up with an old high school friend and go to a zumba convention thing, etc.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
So.... I found this really cute guy. And I like him. And I am pretty sure that he likes me, based on our interactions, texting, flirting, and um, what his good friend might have told me drunkenly when he shouldn't have! :razz: Things are progressing... but slowly. And I really like him, but that's both good and bad because I'm moving in 2 months. But I figure - I'll just take things as it comes. There's been a LOT of drama associated with this actually but I think that part is all over. I hope!

In other news - I need a new sport! Ski season is over - sooooo sad. I think maybe golf? I'd like to get into horseback riding but it's just hard to locally and can get so expensive. And I totally want to rockclimb but no gyms here - I'll have to wait until I move to CA.

After months of effort, I can totally do inversions in yoga now! It's taken a couple months for me to build up the upper body strength to do it but now I can - woohoo!

And I am totally excited because I have a bunch of trips on the horizon -

June - Move to CA, hopefully going to Pittsburgh for my friend's wedding.
July - Thinking of a weekend trip to LA to see some friends.
August - A girls trip with some close friends from my NYC summer job - we haven't decided on East vs. West coast.
Nov. & Dec. - back home for the holidays (and skiing here)
Jan. or Feb. - Going up to Whistler for a women's weekend ski camp - a birthday present to myself :D
May - Girls trip to NYC with my best friends
June or July - family trip to Korea

I love traveling so this makes me very happy!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
B.E.G.|1302831582|2896505 said:

August - A girls trip with some close friends from my NYC summer job - we haven't decided on East vs. West coast.
Jan. or Feb. - Going up to Whistler for a women's weekend ski camp - a birthday present to myself :D

I am sooo jealous!! I love traveling too and I'm trying to talk myself into taking a trip solo somewhere. Some of my family is thinking of going to Australia in the next year so I'll at least get something...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
GamerGirl|1303009733|2898192 said:
B.E.G.|1302831582|2896505 said:

I am sooo jealous!! I love traveling too and I'm trying to talk myself into taking a trip solo somewhere. Some of my family is thinking of going to Australia in the next year so I'll at least get something...

Ooh where are you thinking? I haven't really traveled solo - trips to New Zealand, Costa Rica and Mexico were with ex-BF or our friends, and then I lived in Tokyo and Madrid but I always had friends to travel with to other cities, etc. I HIGHLY recommend NZ btw - it is hands-down my favorite country EVER, with Spain a close second. And it's honestly the most beautiful country I've ever seen.

NZ_Pics

Costa_Rica_Pics

In other news had such a great day. Caught up with an old high school friend that I haven't seen in a couple years and then I went to this big zumbathon which was a LOT of fun. It's making me want to get my zumba cert! But I also kind of want to get certified to teach yoga too...not sure which to do!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I just RSVP'd to three summer weddings as "me + BF" and if felt very odd.

Not completely sure why. I guess I'd assume that most people will think that I'll be arriving with old (ex)BF as I never really spread the word publicly that we were done over the summer. When I sashay in with a new beau I'm certain I will get lots of questions. I'll be seeing extended family that I'm not overly close with but family that had met my ex a few times(three years of dating results in a few familial meetings).

As another note, I hate figuring out birthday presents. He set the bar incredibly high and his is soon approaching. sigh... stress.

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
B.E.G. - great pics- Maybe I can talk my family into a side trip to NZ when we go to Australia next year?
I haven't decided where I want to go just yet -- I've got friends in NYC that offerred to let me stay, an old friend in AZ that I would love to visit (and the warm weather wouldn't be bad either!) and then the other places I'd like to visit would be Seattle/Portland, SF/Sonoma, somewhere on the East Coast as I haven't travelled there all that much -- bigger trips would be Spain, Italy, France, Japan (my major in college and sadly I've never been and now obviously this will have to be more in the future), Hawaii
ahhh - I could go on for hours. I think Spain, Italy and Hawaii are the big ones - but they are also a little intimidating to plan a trip by myself so I think I will have to wait on those until I find someone to go with me or grow my confidence a whole lot where I would be fine by myself!

Princess - interesting that the "vibe" with Emmy wasn't as strong this time! I also get a kick out of this guy being called Emmy :lol:

Nothing too exciting here - I'm just focusing on me and trying to have fun - still waiting to hear back from 2 different apartments -ugh, I wish I could just move already so I can get to the fun decorating-having my-own-space-again part!
I did get to hang out and "play" with a newborn filly this weekend - well she's technically a week old, but she only comes up to my elbow and is full of sass and personality. She is so adorable!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, yeah, I'm big on the nicknames. Conversations with my friend J are always entertaining...we have Emmy, Trader Joe's, Mini-Man (we each have one - hers is Mini-Man from the gym and mine is Mini-Man with the eyes), Little Gym Buddy, Singapore...the list goes on and on. Oh, and let's not forget The Most Attractive Man In The World. ;-)

MissPru, what are you thinking for his bday?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
MissPru - Ooh. Ah summer wedding season - I have a couple friends getting married. I'm not even sure if I can go to the first wedding - it's two days before my grad school orientation starts. I'm going to try really hard to (it's also on the other side of the country). Darn it, wish I had a date!

What does the BF like?

GG - Thanks! And yes you should - NZ is just amazing. We definitely need to talk when you start planning trips. I've worked a summer in NYC, a summer in Tokyo (this was when I was in law school), studied abroad in Spain, I'm moving to SF in less than 2 months, and I lived for four years in Hawaii. And my BFF lives in Portland and my family is from the Seattle-Tacoma area, lol. If you ever want to plan a trip anywhere to those by yourself I am more than happy to help, and if you ever decide to come down to SF you'll have to let me know so we can meet up! And I've been scouring furniture sites like crazy, getting ready to move. And I want a travel wall - I have about 17 pics in my folder that are possibilities (to be blown up and hung as wall art) and I need to get them down to a more manageable number (since I'll be in a 1 BR apartment!). And omg, newborn filly!!! I love horses - so jealous!

Princesss - those abs...... drool!

As for me, I'm not sure if Hot Ski Guy is interested or not! We text a lot, but that's about it right now - and we don't live in the same city. I've kind of given him openings for hanging out but he hasn't taken them, so oh well.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1303153905|2899271 said:
MissPru - Ooh. Ah summer wedding season - I have a couple friends getting married. I'm not even sure if I can go to the first wedding - it's two days before my grad school orientation starts. I'm going to try really hard to (it's also on the other side of the country). Darn it, wish I had a date!

What does the BF like?

GG - Thanks! And yes you should - NZ is just amazing. We definitely need to talk when you start planning trips. I've worked a summer in NYC, a summer in Tokyo (this was when I was in law school), studied abroad in Spain, I'm moving to SF in less than 2 months, and I lived for four years in Hawaii. And my BFF lives in Portland and my family is from the Seattle-Tacoma area, lol. If you ever want to plan a trip anywhere to those by yourself I am more than happy to help, and if you ever decide to come down to SF you'll have to let me know so we can meet up! And I've been scouring furniture sites like crazy, getting ready to move. And I want a travel wall - I have about 17 pics in my folder that are possibilities (to be blown up and hung as wall art) and I need to get them down to a more manageable number (since I'll be in a 1 BR apartment!). And omg, newborn filly!!! I love horses - so jealous!

As for me, I'm not sure if Hot Ski Guy is interested or not! We text a lot, but that's about it right now - and we don't live in the same city. I've kind of given him openings for hanging out but he hasn't taken them, so oh well.

I know. The abs. Oh boy, do I know. *drooooooooooool*

And what about doing a big travel collage wall? With a bunch of frames "randomly" scattered around the wall?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1303154078|2899276 said:
B.E.G.|1303153905|2899271 said:

What does the BF like?

I know. The abs. Oh boy, do I know. *drooooooooooool*

And what about doing a big travel collage wall? With a bunch of frames "randomly" scattered around the wall?

That's kind of what I'm thinking actually, so good idea! But I'm just thinking 17 pics - I won't have enough wall space. Especially if I want to blow them up to 11x14. So I need to cut about 4-5 pics but it's hard! :( Though I guess I could keep them all and put some in the bedroom.... hmm....

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Vary the sizes! Some 5x7, some 8x10, some 11x14!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
princesss|1303155318|2899300 said:
Vary the sizes! Some 5x7, some 8x10, some 11x14!

Hmm that's a good plan! More variety. Ok, need to go sort through some pics now. And I want to paint my walls too. In my currently non-existent apartment with no furniture, lol.

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Oooo - I like the travel wall collage. :love: I might just steal that idea once I get in my new place

I'm dreading Summer Wedding season - right now I have one friend and one cousin with dates set for this year. I was with the EX for so long that there seriously hasn't been a wedding that I didn't go to with him - ever (ok, once when I was twelve the whole family went to a cousin's wedding but that was it!). It will be weird to go by myself - if they give you an invitation for you+1 is it bad form to bring a girlfriend along? Clearly I need to brush up on my etiquette :roll:

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
GamerGirl|1303155593|2899309 said:
It will be weird to go by myself - if they give you an invitation for you+1 is it bad form to bring a girlfriend along? Clearly I need to brush up on my etiquette :roll:

Not sure on the proper protocol but I went to my first solo non-family wedding this fall and has an excellent time. I wasn't the only single guest and we were seated together. We had great discussions!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

I've been trying to keep myself busy since this happened almost 2 weeks ago. Going out with someone almost every night, trying to stay out of the apartment just so that I don't think about this and dwell. I've been doing pretty well I think, except for Friday when there was this concert and he showed up with someone. And I asked him before if he was going with anyone so that I could hopefully prepare myself or just not go, but he didn't tell me. So that was a ridiculous roller coaster of me crying to almost everyone I came across that night, including later trying to go to a bar with friends and them being there also :knockout: .
I'm sad and disappointed and all of that, but this must be for the best. So far I'm planning on moving in the summer. I have to nail down how long I'll be in the apartment and then figure out how to move my stuff 3500 miles away alone! I'm also not sure that I want to move back home. I would love to be around my mom, but I'm worried it would be too easy for me to hole myself up in the house with no friends there. So I'm also considering moving to a town where I have friends from middle school, haha.

I've been trying to find a necklace to buy for myself. Nothing big or fancy, just something new. I've always looooved the necklace that Lorelai wears in Gilmore Girls, Season 4 the episode when she comes to Rory's dorm to bring her things...Haha(I watch and rewatch all of the time!) Anyways, I finally looked up the right combination of words for this necklace and found that there's a necklace that's similar called a "Dogeared Karma Necklace." It doesn't seem to be quite as dainty as what I want, but I feel like I might be able to find something!

Well everything you have ladies going on sounds so exciting!

B.E.G. - All of your upcoming trips sound amazing! Plus I'm so jealous that you're moving to west coast!

GamerGirl - I'm so jealous of your running, it's extremely torturous for me to even attempt.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand TMAMITW has a gf. Womp womp.

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
princesss|1303161701|2899414 said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand TMAMITW has a gf. Womp womp.

Awwwww. :knockout:

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
pinkstars|1303157700|2899339 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

I've been trying to keep myself busy since this happened almost 2 weeks ago. Going out with someone almost every night, trying to stay out of the apartment just so that I don't think about this and dwell. I've been doing pretty well I think, except for Friday when there was this concert and he showed up with someone. And I asked him before if he was going with anyone so that I could hopefully prepare myself or just not go, but he didn't tell me. So that was a ridiculous roller coaster of me crying to almost everyone I came across that night, including later trying to go to a bar with friends and them being there also :knockout: .
I'm sad and disappointed and all of that, but this must be for the best. So far I'm planning on moving in the summer. I have to nail down how long I'll be in the apartment and then figure out how to move my stuff 3500 miles away alone! I'm also not sure that I want to move back home. I would love to be around my mom, but I'm worried it would be too easy for me to hole myself up in the house with no friends there. So I'm also considering moving to a town where I have friends from middle school, haha.

I've been trying to find a necklace to buy for myself. Nothing big or fancy, just something new. I've always looooved the necklace that Lorelai wears in Gilmore Girls, Season 4 the episode when she comes to Rory's dorm to bring her things...Haha(I watch and rewatch all of the time!) Anyways, I finally looked up the right combination of words for this necklace and found that there's a necklace that's similar called a "Dogeared Karma Necklace." It doesn't seem to be quite as dainty as what I want, but I feel like I might be able to find something!
Ugh - I've got a concert on Sat night that I might end up having the same situation. I don't _think_ that he would bring someone else - and frankly I think he might avoid it outright since I mentioned it several times before the break-up but I'm still nervous about possibly running into him in public. I feel like I am doing awesome on my own, just not 100% sure how I would be in front of him.

Do you have to move right away? Are you living with your ex and need to get out or ....? Sorry, don't remember the particulars. Personally, I would want to take some time to figure out what you want to do -- is there a place you have always wanted to live? I'd investigate a bunch of different options and see what strikes you.

I've been trying to decide on some new jewelry myself - I wear necklaces the most so that was what I was thinking of too - but we'll see. I've been on a bit of a clothing splurge lately :cheeky:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
So kind of disappointed about Hot Ski Guy, and then I sat down and listed down all the trips I'm going to be taking this summer and over the next year (I had to add more stuff to the initial schedule I posted!) and stopped being disappointed. Because honestly, my life is going to rock, with or without him, and it IS his loss. :razz:

My best friend from college, who is from the Philippines and I haven't seen her in over 2.5 years, is going to come to the Bay Area in June to see me while she's in the States! I also have a wedding to go to in CA in late Aug. (need to work on finding a date - if all else fails, I am dragooning my guy BFF who lives in the Bay Area, who is Harvard-educated, super tall, good-looking and musical, into being my date!).

I also went to another bike shop today to look at mountain bikes. I may need to relearn how to RIDE a bike first though :lol: It's been way too long. We did decide (the cute bike guy and I) that I need a 13" bike (one of the smallest frames) because I am THAT short. I nearly fell off the 15" because my feet wouldn't reach the ground when off the pedals, snort.

GG - I give credit to the travel wall collage to Star Sparkle. Hers is awesome. I had the vague idea of decorating my apt with pics I've taken on trips (way more meaningful, plus I have some amazing pics) but seeing her wall really helped. It's really cool. Not sure about bringing a gf along as a +1 though! Hm.... I did get a +1 but I won't have a date for my friend's wedding in Pittsburgh (too far to travel and I don't have any good friends local to that area) but for the one in CA I need to find a date...

Pinkstars - Are there going to be a lot of places where you'll run into each other? That's really tough - hugs. The best part for my break-up was that we broke up and he left for Switzerland then Tanzania for his non-profit job (deferred lawyer), and now he's still on the other side of the world. We did talk a lot via Skype and gchat and still occasionally do talk on gchat, but it was nice knowing that I would NEVER run into him anywhere, lol. And new bling - YES! We can help! And ugh about moving. I'm driving all my stuff down to CA - and buying new furniture there - and I'm not looking forward to it. BUT looking forward to having my own space again! I moved back in with my mom this year - my advice - rest, recuperate, take time to yourself and don't feel like a loser for doing it. It's necessary. Then get out, join a gym, join a club, take up a sport, or something that will get you out there and meeting new friends, and potentially new guys!

Princesss - ugggggh. :knockout:

And GG - yes more bling! We can help!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I am posting links to furniture if anyone wants to comment!

Living room Sectionals:

LR1
LR2
LR3
LR4

Or LR sofa/loveseats (no idea on color on this one)

LR5

And table or ottoman? Table

I'm thinking wall mount for the TV.

Dining room:

D1
D2
D3

Bedroom:

BR1
BR2
BR3
BR4
BR5

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mind if I give my opinion, BEG?

I love the 4th sectional you posted. The sofa/loveseat looks comfy too. That would be my 2nd choice. You might have more of a choice in how to set up your new living room if you go with a sofa instead of a sectional.

I like the table, but I also like the idea of using a big ottoman instead of a coffee table though. It can be used as extra seating, and depending on the amount of wood you already have in the room (other tables), a coffee table can look so heavy. Does that make sense?

I love the 1st dining table!

I really like all of the bedroom sets too, but I like 3 and 4 the best. #4 might have a slight edge. #1 is my third choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results