shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Ladies Small Talk

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I signed on my apartment within 10 minutes of seeing it and I have no regrets. I'd seen several apartments and knew what I was looking for, so when I found something that fit, I jumped on it. There was a viewing scheduled after me, and I was writing the check and signing the contract as she was knocking on the door. My apartment is gorgeous in a quirky, old house kind of way. I adore it. And it made me happy, because I'd gotten SO demoralized - first ex-BF and I had house hunted and lost two places that I really liked, and then I was having to hunt so once I found something in my price range, in the neighbourhood I loved, that fit my main criteria, I snapped it up. But I'm one of those super decisive, knows what she wants and goes after it types.

Also, thought you ladies would appreciate this. I told my mom about the date, and how it was a nice break from the insanity of Butterball et al., and her comment was "I agree, nice break from Butterball, bless his heart." Bahahaha. Love my mom.

Inkblot

Rough_Rock
To quote Randy Jackson of American Idol fame, "Yo, dawgs. Yo."

Glad to catch up with everyone between Butterballs (he makes me think of turkey) and apartment hunting. GamerGirl, I agree with her royal majesty; I signed the lease on my apartment after one walk through. My place is on the third floor of a renovated school house! It's so neat, because I have giant 4x3 windows with shelf windowsills and my living area was once a classroom, so the open floor plan is really something. I'm guessing they took what was once the "cloak room" and turned it into the bathroom, then used the nook where the teacher's desk used to be to create my kitchen. I like that unlike the other units in building, my kitchen isn't galley-style. They just left it open to the living area. While it's not located in the classiest area, it is a secure building with it's own gated parking lot and basement laundry. The best part? I NEVER have to worry about irritating/loud neighbors; I am the youngest tenant in the building, the median age being about 62. I'm not kidding when I say that there's a mad rush for the mail room on social security day. The old biddies have taken it upon themselves to "brighten up" the doors of the apartments. They decorate their unit doors for every season, even going so far as to place antique end tables laden with Easter eggs, Halloween candy, or Christmas trees near their welcome mats. It's truly something else. I have actually turned down my boyfriend's offer to move into his house no less than 4 times because I love my apartment so much. That, and I love eating Jell-o and peanuts for dinner if I feel like it. Ha.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
GG - that is SO annoying. I totally feel ya on the apt thing. My first choice gave away my apt. too! :angryfire:

Princesss - Omg, I just realized - I never got updates from you last night, aka PICS. Girl, get that e-mail sent, ASAP!

Inkblot - your apt. building sounds awesome! I was in a high-rise in Chicago, but now I'm moving to a smaller community (because it seems like most of the places in the South Bay are kind of like that, and less of the high-rise, at least where I'm looking). It'll be interesting but I think I'll like having a place with a little more character, you know?

Sorry for the quasi-hit and run.

I have tons of stuff to do because I am moving in 2 weeks and 1 day!!!!! Omg.

We're doing a going-away kind of outing on Sat. night (another good friend from here is leaving next week), and I'm excited. Cute Ski Boy might come (he doesn't live in my town) and we're talking about grabbing dinner beforehand. Also, my good friends just got engaged and we're thinking of combining their engagement party with the going-away party, so if it all works out, it should be a great time.

I need to buy my furniture but I can't decide on the living room!

Help?

Originally my first choice: http://www.furniturecorp.com/moldovasectional-p-1326.html?cPath=93_166_211&osCsid=b7e62132ef8409d2cef8a5223113235c

Or this one: http://www.furniturecorp.com/faeroecollectionsectional-p-4370.html?cPath=93_166_211&osCsid=b7e62132ef8409d2cef8a5223113235c

Or alternately, this sofa with a chair: http://www.furniturecorp.com/faeroecollectionsofa-p-1327.html?osCsid=b7e62132ef8409d2cef8a5223113235c

The first one is more practical in case I have any visitors who need a place to crash. The second/third have a different feel which I like. Both are microfiber so fine with my cats. I'm ok with both colors - I'm planning on painting my apt. and the lighter colored furniture would possibly look better. But then again I also have two cats. Coffee/end tables will be a dark cappuccino color.

So torn!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
BEG- hmmm - well, we already established that I can't make decisions right? ;)) I would have to say that the order you posted them are the order I like them. I just get REALLY nervous about so light a color -- not even from spilling stuff (which I would do) but also do you think you would notice the spots that you sit in more? I do like the more airy feel of #2 but I have been dreaming of having that chaise part of #1 forever. Can you picture where you would put it in the apartment? Will the chaise piece work with the space that you have? That could be a decider.

Sounds like you are going to be crazy busy for the next few weeks! Good luck on the move :appl:

Ink - love your apt description!! I was actually hoping to find a place like that -- and the one place I am trying to talk myself into liking is sort of similar - it actually used to be a mansion with attached staff quarters. The apartment I like is in the staff quarters - one wall has almost floor to ceiling windows and the main living space is HUGE but the only problem is that the kitchen is galley style and SMALL - I'm not even positive that you can open the oven door all the way without hitting the cabinet on the other side :blackeye: Maybe I'll schedule another walkthrough of that one to see if I feel any better about it now.

Reading all princess' stories has inspired me -- this week I have been trying to start up conversations with random people wherever I go. I'm typically a super shy, super quiet person until I've met someone but figured that I'm missing all these crazy and interesting opportunities to meet people or just have weird conversations. So far it's been pretty tame - but it has been fun talking to strangers :))

princesss

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Gamer, I'm glad you're embracing my "Just freaking talk to people" mantra. It works well for me, and at the very least you get fun stories out of it.

Also, I have no idea if I'm going to hear from Match Boy again. Went from e-mailing every day for a week to....nothing. Nada. Zip zero zilch communication after mini date. I think I'm just bad at this dating thing. So, onwards and upwards, right?

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hiya Ladies - hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

My mom actually ended up going out of town for the whole weekend at the last minute so I ended up throwing together a grill out party at the house for some friends. Weather wasn't awesome - but we avoided the rain for the most part and had a blast.
Her next door neighbors got a black lab puppy over the weekend who is SO cute. Went out for dinner with some other friends to a new restaurant on Friday. Managed to get 3 miles in every day but yesterday -- my legs were just beat so I only managed 2 miles - but was still feeling really good for keeping up the running despite the holiday/busy schedule.

I've got appointments to see apartments on Thursday and Sunday so I'm hopeful one will strike me and I can sign a lease already ;-)

princess - any word from Match guy??

BEG - how was the going away outing? Did cute ski guy show?

Cute work guy is on vacation this week so no flirting practice at work :devil: I'll just have to keep practicing my talking to random strangers and see how that pans out!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
PUPPIES!!!!!

Glad you had a good weekend,GG. Boo for no flirting practice, though. :(

Nothing from Match boy. Honestly, he would have driven me bonkers (I can see this now that I'm thinking clearly and not blinded by OMG! Tall! Cute! Tall! Smart! TALL!). I am e-mailing/chatting with two others right now - one that just kind of amuses me but I'm not sure what I think of him, and one that could actually have potential. Still probably quitting Match on Thursday (when my month is up), but it's at least been interesting.

Had a good weekend in NYC. Very chill. I went to a club on Saturday with my friend and her BF's friends, and I think I amused her. She and BF's friend were chatting, and I ended up talking to a couple of guys in the same group. They were very sweet, and at some point both of them went off to get me a drink. So then we're I'm sitting with my friend and she suddenly pays attention and says, "Oh, wait! We need drinks! I'm sitting here and talking and leaving you alone and drinkless!" I laughed and kind of waved my hand and said, "Oh, no worries. I've got one coming." It was a good, cheap night out - we ended up hanging out with the club promoter, so everything was free! Drinks, entry, the table - free, free, free. Super awesome, consdering a) how expensive drinks are up there and b) the ridiculous cost of a bottle/table and cover - $450 for a bottle, $50 cover! YIKES!

Btw - I happen to know that BEG bit the bullet and bought furniture! Now, come on, woman - show us! We still need to pick a paint colour and maybe some art... ;-)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually only lurk in this thread but seeing princess on match.com made me want to chime in and talk about a couple of REALLY bad dates that I had off of there. In retrospect it was my fault...I'm not one much for chatting when you can find out in 2 seconds flat if the dude's a dud or not in person...but then your left to finish a horrible date.

Just to give you a clip of what I now call the shortest date of my life see below (background first, the guy was a pretty good photographer in the area and his profile wasn't bad. That being said, here is how it went).

First I drove 40 minutes to downtown Houston to meet the guy at a Sushi joint...he arrived late. They didn't have what I wanted to drink and within the first 15 minutes he was talking about MULTIPLE ex's (idk if they were gf or hook ups) and ummm...how do I put this...comparing the "tightness" of their :errrr: in great detail to me! I was SHOCKED and horrified! I really didn't know what to do/say. I mean, I'd been on bad dates before where topics were a little off color...but THAT was to much. Finally I intrupted him and said "Isn't that all relative to di** size?" he got this bewildered look on his face and shut.right.up.

Yeah, I ended the date as quickly as I could and drove home. I don't think I went on to many match.com dates after that. I HAD thought match was e harmony (I mixed them up). Looking back the fee's are way to little for what they are. Most of the men I met were looking to "network" and just find people to hook up with. My ex did just marry a women he met on match after our divorce last week and a mutual friend we know met his wife (long distance) though match and they're happily married too. Guess I just attracted douche bags (looking back I probably could have done my profile better and made better picture selections. But you live and you learn and I guess if you come out unscathed at least you have some "funny" stories to tell....

ETA: If I've already shared this story I'm sorry for the repeat. I can barely remember what I ate the day before let alone what stories I've shared and with whom :halo:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
vintagelover229|1306878688|2934755 said:
I usually only lurk in this thread but seeing princess on match.com made me want to chime in and talk about a couple of REALLY bad dates that I had off of there. In retrospect it was my fault...I'm not one much for chatting when you can find out in 2 seconds flat if the dude's a dud or not in person...but then your left to finish a horrible date.

Just to give you a clip of what I now call the shortest date of my life see below (background first, the guy was a pretty good photographer in the area and his profile wasn't bad. That being said, here is how it went).

First I drove 40 minutes to downtown Houston to meet the guy at a Sushi joint...he arrived late. They didn't have what I wanted to drink and within the first 15 minutes he was talking about MULTIPLE ex's (idk if they were gf or hook ups) and ummm...how do I put this...comparing the "tightness" of their :errrr: in great detail to me! I was SHOCKED and horrified! I really didn't know what to do/say. I mean, I'd been on bad dates before where topics were a little off color...but THAT was to much. Finally I intrupted him and said "Isn't that all relative to di** size?" he got this bewildered look on his face and shut.right.up.

Yeah, I ended the date as quickly as I could and drove home. I don't think I went on to many match.com dates after that. I HAD thought match was e harmony (I mixed them up). Looking back the fee's are way to little for what they are. Most of the men I met were looking to "network" and just find people to hook up with. My ex did just marry a women he met on match after our divorce last week and a mutual friend we know met his wife (long distance) though match and they're happily married too. Guess I just attracted douche bags (looking back I probably could have done my profile better and made better picture selections. But you live and you learn and I guess if you come out unscathed at least you have some "funny" stories to tell....

ETA: If I've already shared this story I'm sorry for the repeat. I can barely remember what I ate the day before let alone what stories I've shared and with whom :halo:

OMG! hahahahaha. Geez. What woman likes to hear that? Imagine - if you slept with him, he can be chatting about your (uh-hum) with the next set of lovely ladies. How awesome would that be! hahahaha.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!

GG - nooooo Ski Boy didn't show! :( He texted me the day before telling me he couldn't come because he was assigned to go on overnight patrol Sat. night. Booo. He said he'll come down here before I leave, but we'll see. I'm leaving in 9 days!! OMG. But the going-away get together was super fun although the bar we went to was rather country/western (ha, I am so NOT a country western girl, lol). But we had a great time and a bunch of my friends came out that night too!

Ooh and I love puppies!! Good luck with the apartment viewings! I FINALLY signed my lease and mailed it today (I had to get it notarized since I'm not there in person). I was reading all THIRTY-NINE pages of it last night (jeez) and then I had to call today to ask about certain provisions (thank you, law school). Good for you for getting more comfortable making random conversation! I didn't realize I do that all the time, lol. I mostly do it with cashiers, etc. - somehow we just end up talking. I talked to the bank woman who did my notarization for 20 min. about CA and my cats, I know my favorite cafe's baristas super well by this point, had a conversation about broken espresso machines with the Starbucks barista, and I talk about substitute teaching, etc. with the women at the Clinique counter. I think it's good you're actively working on it, because before you know it, you'll be doing it automatically without even realizing you're doing it! :)

Princessss - SERIOUSLY?? He didn't contact you again? What a doosh (I'm allowed to say that on PS right?) I just don't really fathom how he wouldn't, other than that his body concentrated on making him tall rather than smart :razz:

Ahhh I'm so jealous you were in NYC! Ok, I do have to admit - part of my love affair with NYC is the great food. There are tons of restaurants I am dying to go back to, though right now I'm craving sushi, and my favorite sushi place is in Chicago (nowhere in NYC touched Toro in Chicago). Sounds like you had a great time - jealous!

Vintagelover - :-o Whoa I cannot believe he thought that was appropriate first date (or ANY date) conversation! Wow. I don't know if I would've been shocked (had I been in your place) or laughing hysterically. I'm not really an online dating site type of girl, though because it's been relatively easy to meet people through school/work, I haven't had to be (yet). We'll see if that changes.

Ok, so I did buy furniture! I will post what I bought!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ok I'll separate into a few posts because there's a ton!

First, the bedroom - I'm getting the bed, lamp table and the chest (but not the dresser or mirror):

Bed%20set.jpg

And getting this lamp from Overstock to go in the bedroom:

Bedroom%20lamp.jpg

And thinking of this mattress:

Mattress

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This dining set:

Dining%20set.jpg

And these cushions, in Natural (I wanted Pomegranate but it's not available), also from Overstock:

Dining%20cushions.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This sectional (it's supposed to be stain-resistant! And I really wanted white, you'll see why when I post my inspiration pic):

Sectional.jpg

Coffee/end tables:

End%20tables.jpg

Sofa table (which is where I'm putting my TV - it's only 32" so it should be fine):

Sofa%20Table.jpg

Just a plain cheapie floor lamp:

Floor%20lamp.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Now this is my inspiration for the living room - I'm going to ask Home Depot to color match this for me:

Inspiration.jpg

But I want something a bit bolder/a splash of color for the couch cushions. So which one?

Either the Burgundy or the Chocolate?

Cushions%20multi-color.jpg

Or this?

Cushions%20red.jpg

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
BEG - I love,love,love your living room choices!! yay for stain resistant. Boo to cute ski guy for missing. Good luck in the move - and I fully expect pictures once you have your apartment set up in CA!!!

Hmmm - that is a horribly icky first date! Who would think that is even close to being appropriate conversation with ANYONE much less a date. sheesh. I can only hope and pray that the selections in my area are a bit less shall we say "willing to share"?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I'm leaning towards those cushions too! Fits well with the inspiration pic right?

GG - I will definitely post pics of the completed apt! I'm actually hoping to have a travel album chronicling my Epic Move, ha! I'm hoping there will be some scenic pull-offs for me to take pics of on the way, and then lots of setting up/painting/finished product pics :) I'll have most of it on FB but I'll definitely post highlights (if I have any good pics that is!) here as well!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
BEG - Yeah - be sure to post highlights here - I don't think I have anyone from pricescope on FB, someone had asked me to private message them but I don't even know if we can do that on here?? So much for me been a techie nerd, although I just haven't wasted enough time investigating I guess :bigsmile:

I've been reading The Everygirl's Guide To Life by Maria Menounos - and it is actually not too bad. A lot of common sense but some good ideas too - mostly on how to organize things and just a "this is what I've learned" kind of stuff. She comes off as thoughtful and sweet. She is huge on the de-cluttering and not wasting time on things that aren't important - two ideas that I love and that I really need to reinforce! Makes me want to throw out all my stuff and start over with only those things I find I absolutely need.

Also - talking to random strangers has been SO much fun!! It's amazing how much more positive a day can feel when you are interacting with a bunch of different people (even if it is just a "how bout this weather!") all day long!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
GamerGirl|1307021151|2936155 said:
BEG - Yeah - be sure to post highlights here - I don't think I have anyone from pricescope on FB, someone had asked me to private message them but I don't even know if we can do that on here?? So much for me been a techie nerd, although I just haven't wasted enough time investigating I guess :bigsmile:

I've been reading The Everygirl's Guide To Life by Maria Menounos - and it is actually not too bad. A lot of common sense but some good ideas too - mostly on how to organize things and just a "this is what I've learned" kind of stuff. She comes off as thoughtful and sweet. She is huge on the de-cluttering and not wasting time on things that aren't important - two ideas that I love and that I really need to reinforce! Makes me want to throw out all my stuff and start over with only those things I find I absolutely need.

Also - talking to random strangers has been SO much fun!! It's amazing how much more positive a day can feel when you are interacting with a bunch of different people (even if it is just a "how bout this weather!") all day long!

Ah no, no PMing here unfortunately! Which is too bad. I'm part of a ski forum that does allow PMs, and it's been really nice to develop individual friendships with other women there who are just as obsessed over skiing as I am :razz: In fact, one of the women from the forum and I are going skiing on Fourth of July weekend (along with anyone else who wants to come) at Tahoe! :) There are ways to find one another but I can't say explicitly, and I'm not sure how others have managed to do it so far. All I know is, once you find one person off PS, it's like a domino effect and it's not hard to find others! Cryptic enough for ya? :razz:

I love the idea of de-cluttering! Unfortunately, I tend to go overboard doing it - my mom and I both in fact do that - we declutter so much that 6 months later, we go looking for something we didn't mean to clear out only to realize we don't have it anymore, lol. But the premise is definitely sound!

And yes, talking to random strangers can be really fun! Sometimes an annoying PITA though. Did I tell you guys my story about the guy on the plane when I was going to the Bay Area in March? Because that was one instance when it wasn't that fun to talk to a random stranger......

Must go to the gym now! I skipped yoga today, but I'm going to powerflex before zumba instead (powerflex is resistance-training). I've been doing bootcamp too and it's soooooo hard. I'm so sore right along my rib cage from sideplanks!

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, sideplanks. I.hate.sideplanks.

I also go a bootcamp on Mondays (although not this week due to holiday) - it kicks my butt. Not so enjoyable during but I'm loving it every other time! I'm getting muscles in places I never knew could get muscles!! I think it is really helping the running too.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
GamerGirl|1307067421|2936626 said:
Ugh, sideplanks. I.hate.sideplanks.

I also go a bootcamp on Mondays (although not this week due to holiday) - it kicks my butt. Not so enjoyable during but I'm loving it every other time! I'm getting muscles in places I never knew could get muscles!! I think it is really helping the running too.

Owwww. Today was rough!

I went to Powerflex for the first time in months. I went once a few months ago and was SO sore that I didn't go again until today. Powerflex is light weights resistance training. Good news? I have now graduated from my baby 3 lb weights to 5 pounders. Ambivalent news? We did dead weight reps with the bar. I came late so I just grabbed one and was asking my friend, a zumba instructor, if 18 lbs was normal for a bar (to which the jerk said YES). Good news? I was able to do all the reps with the 18 lb bar. Bad news? I'm going to HURT and there were lighter bars in the closet, like 9 lbs. Um, 18 lbs. is almost 20% of my body weight which means this girl is barely going to be able to move tomorrow morning...

And we did more side plansks in powerflex. And then I did zumba. I'm sprawled on top of my bed right now, unable to move.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh hai!

So, I quit Match. It was making me cranky and dissatisfied with life. So I stopped. Buuuut not before e-mailing this cute guy I'd been talking to and giving him my normal e-mail address so that we could keep talking. He replied and gave me his phone number "just in case want to use it..." So we'll see.

Also, remember the Rafter/Climber drama from before? It is going to new and intriguing heights. So Climber is in the hospital, and when Rafter was telling me and my friend L about it, he said his friend was in the hospital. No weird inflection of pause. BUT my friend J saw them hugging in the back room at the gym last Friday. Not sure if it was a comfort hug or a bf/gf hug. We will have to watch more closely. But Rafter and I are going rafting next weekend, so maybe I'll get more of a clue then? Who knows. But I'm excited to go rafting! He's super experienced and a total jokester, so I'm positive I'll end up in the water. Probably a few times. Also, we were talking last night and he said that he'd been making fun of me on Friday. I asked why, and he said that J mentioned that I'm one of her "more grown up friends." (It should be noted that this was probably related to telling Rafter what her friend C does - he's in the circus.) Which, you know, is true, but it made me laugh really hard. He kind of laughed at me laughing, and said, "Yeah, exactly. I just never see that side of you!"

No other real news. Spent all morning trying to get my car fixed. Luckily it only cost me a little over $100 and a few hours of my time, but uggggh. Such a PITA.

Also, not going out tonight and going bowling with a big group of people tomorrow night, so not sure I'll have any interesting stories from this weekend. Though two guys at the climbing gym did try to hit on me today. It was kind of adorable - they were just completely out of their comfort zone and were clearly trying SO HARD to make the conversation feel natural and impress me. It was also kind of amusing because I was just hanging out at the climbing gym in my work clothes and joking around with the owner and Rafter (one of the managers) and they clearly didn't know what to make of that.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So I had my date with the final Match guy last night. We met up for tapas at 7 and I ended up getting in my car to go home at 1. We talked for ages, and he was really interesting. A little cocky, but not in a puffed up, obnoxiously self important way. Just kind of "Yeah, I'm just good at this. Oh, and this other thing. Oh, and these three more things." Very smart, funny, and refreshingly normal. Also, straight. Which, you know...is a plus. And he already texted me this morning, so odds of him pulling a(n immediate) runner are lower than usual for my dates, haha.

Of course, now I'm freaking out because we've been texting non-stop basically since Friday, and me being me I'm getting skittish because there's SOOOO much contact. I'm freaking impossible to please. But I'm putting my neuroses on the back burner and just seeing what happens. I told him that I'm a challenge, haha. On the plus side, he's got a lot going on in his life, which is nice. And he's done the really long, serious relationship thing before, which is a plus in that a) clearly he's not afraid of commitment (even if I kind of am) and b) he understands what it's like to get out of one of those, which is kind of important when I'm trying to get my life in order after getting out of my really long/serious relationship.

On a really funny note, my friend J ended up on a Match date at the same restaurant at the same time, and the waitress tried to seat us right next to them! We saw each other and cracked up. (And I had the waitress give us a different table. It would have just been a little too weird to go on a date right next to a good friend trying to have fun on her date.)

Also, I went climbing on Saturday with J, and Rafter was showing us this picture on his phone from his friend's rafting trip. There was a person in the front of the raft under the water up to their helmet, and he showed it to me and said, "See? That's going to be you!" And he promised that I would definitely end up underwater, if not totally out of the raft. It's going to be an adventure!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, this is it. Leaving tomorrow for CA. I won't get to CA until Saturday but wow, I can't believe it's already time to leave.

I'm feeling very sad. I'm really happy to be out of "limbo" (i.e. living at home) and ready to start anew, but I've put down so many roots here over the last 10 months, made so many new friends, developed new hobbies, even dated, and I can't quite reconcile in my mind that it's time to leave it all behind.

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
BEG - I'm sure you are en route or already there and not on PS but sending tons of dust your way so that the move is a smooth one!

I woke up this morning crazy sick, and I don't usually get sick. ugh - it sucks! I'm drugged up to my eyeballs with dayquil and what-not and I still feel crappy. Hopefully a long sleep tonight will cure me. I've been feeling so great keeping up the exercise (I was actually SAD this morning when I couldn't go for a run - I debated going but then my mom pointed out that I can barely breathe standing still how's that going to work while running?) and I don't want to have to skip my boot camp class tomorrow.

Other news: I think I found my apartment!! I submitted my application online today and will call the guy tomorrow -- it is gorgeous, huge windows, super tall ceiling, some exposed brick walls, great location. A little on the $$ side but I figure I have the money right now and I've always wondered what it would be like to live in that area - so why not do it? I can always move somewhere else next year ;)) Only bad part is that it isn't available till August - but I guess that just gives me more time to pack everything up and save some more money so I can splurge on decorating once I get in there!!

hope everyone else is doing well :D

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I hope you get the apartment, GG! That sounds beautiful!

So, guess what, you guys? I went on (get ready for this) a SECOND DATE! *gasp* With a STRAIGHT GUY! *double gasp*

It actually went really, really well. He's very sweet and easy to talk to, very cute, and just plain interesting. I'm cautiously optimistic about this... (It helps that he says he saw the future, lol, and he sees us going on "another date. And another one. Squared. Times three." Nerds are kind of adorable.)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1307995011|2944923 said:
Ooooh, I hope you get the apartment, GG! That sounds beautiful!

So, guess what, you guys? I went on (get ready for this) a SECOND DATE! *gasp* With a STRAIGHT GUY! *double gasp*

It actually went really, really well. He's very sweet and easy to talk to, very cute, and just plain interesting. I'm cautiously optimistic about this... (It helps that he says he saw the future, lol, and he sees us going on "another date. And another one. Squared. Times three." Nerds are kind of adorable.)

Just lurking here usually, but where'd you meet him? That's great you're going on a 2nd date. Yay!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Zoe, I met him on Match! He's the last guy I was talking to in my month-long flirtation with online dating. Mostly I hated it, but it did actually help me meet a nice guy. Pretty cool.

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
princesss - Wooohoooo for the second date. Nerds ARE adorable. (especially since I count myself in that group, ha!)

I officially have an apartment. The guy has taken it off the list and is sending me the lease via email. I can't move in till Aug 1st, but I'm pretty busy at work so I think that will work out great. Now for the shopping!! I get to buy all kinds of kitchen gadgets cause the kitchen is huge and GORGEOUS. So I'll have a chance to improve/practice my cooking skills ;)) Sooo excited!! Stupidly I did not take pictures when I toured but here is the floorplan:
floorplan.jpg

The whole wall on the top is windows. View to the left out the windows is the river and to the right is a trendy road in an up-and-coming neighborhood. Not a huge place, but perfect for me and the cats and I got a really good feeling when I toured..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results