shape
carat
color
clarity

Singing the Blues

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm adding my wedding necklace here. It was my something blue but it isn't good quality as I didn't know much about sapphires all those pre PS years ago. But the man I married is the highest quality and that's what counts.:halo:

So for the sake of the blue thread here's my blue sapphire wedding necklace...my something "blue" marrying my true blue sweetheart sharing our bluetiful love.
:lol:

sapphirewhitegoldnecklace.jpg
It’s really lovely. To me, it has a wonderful rhythm to the shapes and spaces between the shapes. Must look wonderful on. Do you wear it still?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really lovely. To me, it has a wonderful rhythm to the shapes and spaces between the shapes. Must look wonderful on. Do you wear it still?

Thank you bluegemz. I don’t actually wear it but now I’m inspired and think I’ll take it out of the safe and wear it. Thanks for motivating me. I have a sort of love hate relationship with jewelry. I love it but generally I’m most comfortable with wearing just my ER and a band. And a pair of earrings. But I do love bling despite not wearing much.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you bluegemz. I don’t actually wear it but now I’m inspired and think I’ll take it out of the safe and wear it. Thanks for motivating me. I have a sort of love hate relationship with jewelry. I love it but generally I’m most comfortable with wearing just my ER and a band. And a pair of earrings. But I do love bling despite not wearing much.
I really understand this lol. I wear things in phases. After a life phase has changed, somehow i don’t wear the same things anymore, until the rare event that I’m inspired to do so. I still love each and every piece though, and feel content just knowing it’s there. These days, I wear a rings on each hand, and always earrings. I used to wear more bracelets than I have been lately. Somethings I bought, I only wore a few times, but can’t bring myself to part with them by selling. ( unless I’m not crazy about the pieces in the first place and/or there is no significant meaning or story attached to them.) Thankfully It’s not hard to pass things onto my daughters and others who i feel would love the pieces. Actually, sometimes I’ve felt relief at giving things to others, as if doing so provided much needed clarity! Like cleaning out ones closet!)

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really understand this lol. I wear things in phases. After a life phase has changed, somehow i don’t wear the same things anymore, until the rare event that I’m inspired to do so. I still love each and every piece though, and feel content just knowing it’s there. These days, I wear a rings on each hand, and always earrings. I used to wear more bracelets than I have been lately. Somethings I bought, I only wore a few times, but can’t bring myself to part with them by selling. ( unless I’m not crazy about the pieces in the first place and/or there is no significant meaning or story attached to them.) Thankfully It’s not hard to pass things onto my daughters and others who i feel would love the pieces. Actually, sometimes I’ve felt relief at giving things to others, as if doing so provided much needed clarity! Like cleaning out ones closet!)

Bluegemz you expressed exactly what I’m feeling. +1to everything.
Honestly I feel like I could just plus one all your posts.:bigsmile: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding a couple of blue pieces we saw yesterday while enjoying a walk in our neighborhood.
I like red in my opals but these pieces are pretty even without the red.

opalnecklaceclaypot.jpg

opalearringsclaypot.jpg

and one last pic I added in the turquoise thread that had a blue topaz necklace in the turquoise necklace pic. Sorry to share the same pic twice. Pretty blues though.

turquoiseandbluenecklaces.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another beautiful piece worn by my friend.

Isn’t that a gorgeous necklace?

03AC21B4-AF88-4659-912C-074F2CE59C48.jpeg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fair warning - I'm about to upload a rubbish picture. It's rubbish because I'm in indoor orange toned cfl lighting and I couldn't get my nice blues to look nice. Ah well.

The opal ring is blue and red under this lighting but it figures you're only seeing red in the pictures. The big flower sapphire ring is a stunning twinkling medium blue, not the black blob it's looking like it is.

The marques shaped sapphire melee ring is as abysmal as it's coming out, pre PS ring, says it all. Blue topaz studs, also pre PS, never worn (and never will be).

The other stuff is included because it has the beautiful hayuine in it. For a lover of blue I don't have much blue. 20180311_182016.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there gemstone lovers. Care to share your blues? Blue is my favorite color and I can never get enough. Sadly I don't own that much blue in bling but that's the beauty of PS. You get to enjoy lots more beautiful pieces than if you weren't a PSer. So pretty please go ahead and sing the blues with me...

I'll start. My favorite pair of earrings. Antique sapphire diamond dangles.

Before I purchased them...

sapphirediamondantiqueearringsinoriginalringbox.jpg

Had to turn around and get these babies. LOVE.

sapphirediamondearringsdayafter.jpg

an aquamarine necklace I have. Very delicate IRL and lovely color.

aquamarinenecklace.jpg

a sapphire and aquamarine antique necklace I have. Not the best aquamarine but I still love this necklace. My dh bought it for me for my 40th over a decade ago. Wow time flies.:oops2:

aquamarinesapphirediamond.jpeg
an aquamarine ring my dh bought me when we were visiting Rome. Again not the best quality aquamarine but I knew nothing about aquamarines in 2000 so it was a learning lesson. An expensive one.
aquamarineringfromrome2004.jpg

a few blue rings I don't own but wish I did haha.

topazring.jpg

sapphiredbl.jpg

antiquesapphireparkplaceband.jpg

antiquesapphireparkplacering.jpg

Your turn...please share what makes you blue with us...bluetiful bluelicious bluemazing bluerrific blues.:love:
Thank you!

Gah, I absolutely LOVE all your blues!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Bluegemz! I forgot to share one more blue I have...does this count? My Cartier Black opal? It has a lot of blue (and red)...

cartier1972blackopalin2017.jpg

cartierblackopal.jpg

blackopalblurry.jpeg

Oh I wish we could share video here because still pics don't do this opal justice.
Gorgeous opal!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
19B78480-97C0-44DF-9847-166963719E70.jpeg 940AE14C-56C3-4425-8B81-99F88006FFA1.jpeg F2E7DB14-7AA4-448A-A9E8-BA0FEF3BA3D8.jpeg DB10ED31-8825-472E-9E21-6FD2BD30BEA4.jpeg 8C47824A-305A-4079-A30D-18D856F37DF5.jpeg 3C33C654-DCAA-4506-BE79-D3CF01DDD6CE.jpeg D512AB42-D5D7-47A9-AE40-BE23A70050E2.jpeg F5E31820-22D0-4E26-ABF5-709804D816BF.jpeg F4A9CDEF-C350-45F3-BF0D-3CF18B12AAAF.jpeg Blue is my favorite color in general, but especially in gems. I love the way blues draw one into the color, as if one loses oneself in something larger than oneself. I think of storms, sky, water, deep space and dreams. Though I have ventured into loving gems in many colores, blues are always my first love.
Here are some of my favs....more to come....
Gorgeous blues!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A great collection of blues here everyone. :wavey: Blue is my favorite color.

Here is my sapphire RHR and studs

IMG_4079.JPG
IMG_3936.JPG
IMG_4059.JPG

And some "blues" from florescent lighting
Flourescent2.jpeg
Gorgeous marcy!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH, this is my favorite thread. There's just something about blue that gets me every time!

Here are some of my blues.....
DSC_1050.JPG
DSC_1073.JPG
DSC_1016.JPG
DSC_2628.JPG
DSC_3886[1].jpg
IMG_1979[1].jpg
IMG_2382[1].jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH, this is my favorite thread. There's just something about blue that gets me every time!

DSC_1050.JPG
DSC_1073.JPG
DSC_1016.JPG
DSC_2628.JPG
DSC_3886[1].jpg
IMG_1979[1].jpg
IMG_2382[1].jpg

MAN OH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love::appl::love::appl:

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Adding a couple of blue pieces we saw yesterday while enjoying a walk in our neighborhood.
I like red in my opals but these pieces are pretty even without the red.

opalnecklaceclaypot.jpg

opalearringsclaypot.jpg

and one last pic I added in the turquoise thread that had a blue topaz necklace in the turquoise necklace pic. Sorry to share the same pic twice. Pretty blues though.

turquoiseandbluenecklaces.jpg

Mercy! That is one gorgeous opal pendant. I love this!

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

DSC_1050.JPG
DSC_1073.JPG
DSC_1016.JPG
DSC_2628.JPG
DSC_3886[1].jpg
IMG_1979[1].jpg
IMG_2382[1].jpg
Amazing blues you got there! Wow.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy, another I forgot, my sapphire pendant. My sapphire earrings used to be all one piece but I found I didn't wear them very often so I had them broken up into two sets of earrings. I wear them all the time now.

cmsbluesapphire0001.jpg
cmsbluesapphireearrings1.jpg
cmsbluesapphirebracelets2.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jbows

Shiny_Rock
Premium

DSC_1050.JPG
DSC_1073.JPG
DSC_1016.JPG
DSC_2628.JPG
DSC_3886[1].jpg
IMG_1979[1].jpg
IMG_2382[1].jpg
Omg your blue collection is GOALS. I love each and every one. Those pins! The teal-ish earrings! The sapphires! That opal! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, I absolutely LOVE all your blues!

Thank you Catmom! And I love all your blues too! Gorgeous collection.:love::love::love: I am drooling here over your amazing blues. Stunning pieces!
Thank you so much for sharing them with us. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mercy! That is one gorgeous opal pendant. I love this!

It is very pretty isn't it? The colors are beautiful despite there being no red in it and I was tempted but I stayed strong. But you never know...they aren't far from where I live and my resolve might weaken.8)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fair warning - I'm about to upload a rubbish picture. It's rubbish because I'm in indoor orange toned cfl lighting and I couldn't get my nice blues to look nice. Ah well.

The opal ring is blue and red under this lighting but it figures you're only seeing red in the pictures. The big flower sapphire ring is a stunning twinkling medium blue, not the black blob it's looking like it is.

The marques shaped sapphire melee ring is as abysmal as it's coming out, pre PS ring, says it all. Blue topaz studs, also pre PS, never worn (and never will be).

The other stuff is included because it has the beautiful hayuine in it. For a lover of blue I don't have much blue. 20180311_182016.jpg

I love these pieces, just beautiful!:love:
It can be challenging getting all the colors of the opal to show in photos that is for sure. It's a gorgeous ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg your blue collection is GOALS. I love each and every one. Those pins! The teal-ish earrings! The sapphires! That opal! :kiss2:

Aww, thanks so much Jbows! Many, many years of collecting, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Catmom! And I love all your blues too! Gorgeous collection.:love::love::love: I am drooling here over your amazing blues. Stunning pieces!
Thank you so much for sharing them with us. :appl:

Thanks so much missy!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the blues!! Here are my blues.

Vintage yellow gold and sterling silver. 20180215_155610.jpg
Teal sapphire looking very blue in sunlight. Outside bright sunlight buttercream walls.jpg

Lapis beads are fun.
Lapis bead bracelet.jpg

Tanzanite bought pre PS
Tanzanite Stack.jpg

Bought as topaz, tests as Spinel. Bought pre PS
blue_topaz_ring_1994.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results