shape
carat
color
clarity

Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair 2013

alice87

Shiny_Rock
icy_jade, the pendant you pick look the prettiest here. ;))

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
alice87|1382272096|3541074 said:
icy_jade, the pendant you pick look the prettiest here. ;))

Thanks! :D

Love it to bits actually. My friend's wife came over for a look and she liked it a lot too (but not her hubby/my friend). LOL.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
My friend who likes stone and works with them often mention that pearl is a female stone. Males are not particularly interested in them. Make sense. If I had a choice, I would of pick the same one. Great report, I really enjoyed reading it and be able to see photos. Thank you for sharing it!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
FINALLY picked up my T strands today. Here is a photo of the aubergine strand. On second look, there are a few pearls with strong green overtones. Luster is amazing I think. When I have time, I will try to get better pics. Taken indoors under fluorescent light again so the actual strand colour looks better than this

20131022_191529-1.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC said:
FINALLY picked up my T strands today. Here is a photo of the aubergine strand. On second look, there are a few pearls with strong green overtones. Luster is amazing I think. When I have time, I will try to get better pics. Taken indoors under fluorescent light again so the actual strand colour looks better than this

It looks great!!!

Did you see anything else when you went? I'm only going over tomorrow to get my strung/set.
Been mulling over the settings, or that's my excuse anyways. LOL.

How is the clasp? Wait you bought 2 strands right? How about the 2nd one?
Also for earrings what setting did you go for?

YC

Brilliant_Rock
His office is a true office, with tables, lots of files and paperwork and not a single pearl in sight, apart from mine. Think the good stuff are under lock and key somewhere. :(( So I did not get to see yours. The clasp is silver. Sturdy. Use those before and they r secure and easy to use. Similar to the one kojima uses.
Lighting condition is now bad to photograph pearls in. I may try another day.
I just asked him to drill the earrings. I have spare setting at home and will try to use those first. He accidentally set mine into studs so I asked him to remove them. Will go back another day to pick them up

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Darn!!! Was hoping to see some good stuff. Sigh. But I will still shamelessly ask. LOL.

Mine are still with me! Maybe you can see when you go and pick up your earrings.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Collected my Tahitian pairs last week. They have dark blue/grey with a faint pink overtone seen only in strong lighting. The overtone is not obvious in the pic. I do not know why my hp picks up the green colour. They are 11-11.5 mm and I am still undecided to set them as studs or dangling earrings.

20131031_090930-1.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
YC -- Beautiful! I, personally, am a fan of dangles. I think studs that size would look too big and heavy on my earlobes. But it is absolutely a personal choice and you can't go wrong!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomio, I agree with your views too. Using the phone when wearing studs is quite annoying too. Only issue is that if dangling, the pearls all tend to 'disappear' as my hair is black.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Aah -- same here. I returned Tahitian dangles for that very reason.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
YC I think if they get lost in your hair you should definitely set them as studs. I have a pair of 11.7mm wSS studs from PP arriving today :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Litgeek, sounds exciting. Do post the pictures when u receive them. They are sizeable!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1383525395|3549766 said:
Collected my Tahitian pairs last week. They have dark blue/grey with a faint pink overtone seen only in strong lighting. The overtone is not obvious in the pic. I do not know why my hp picks up the green colour. They are 11-11.5 mm and I am still undecided to set them as studs or dangling earrings.

I'll go for studs! I try to 'save' baroques for dangles.

You know, I think I saw your earrings IRL when I went to the office. :twirl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
YC|1383578918|3550096 said:
Litgeek, sounds exciting. Do post the pictures when u receive them. They are sizeable!

I absolutely love everything about them! I should be getting my light tent in the next couple of days and will post pics then. :wavey:

Abhijeet

Rough_Rock
I would prefer the multicoloured one on my lady, but only if it's original pearls, any ways, looking forward to witness a great Gems and Jewellery Exhibition in the future as well.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow it is so nice to safely travel during a pandemic! Thank you for taking me on this amazing journey! I learned so much and it was a feast for my eyes. I love everything you bought but I have to say that the round Tahitian stud earrings really grabbed me. Wow! ABC1EC81-0D8B-4780-95A1-54A53FBAB46D.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. All these earring options. They're all :eek-2::love:

1642922172895.png

And look at these...

1642922365870.png

WHY wasn't I buying pearls in 2013 ;(

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And then I shamelessly asked for permission to take pics to share eye candy with you ladies. :lol:

img_9135.jpg

img_9136.jpg

img_9137.jpg

img_9138.jpg

@yssie so the ssp and Tahitians won’t be in sacks, you can get some idea of how they will be displayed at the shows. Hanks and some special strands will be on busts or standalone display. Heck even the top of the range Edison’s won’t be thrown around like sacks of potatos/rice but nicely displayed too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie so the ssp and Tahitians won’t be in sacks, you can get some idea of how they will be displayed at the shows. Hanks and some special strands will be on busts or standalone display. Heck even the top of the range Edison’s won’t be throw around like sacks of potatos/rice but nicely displayed too.
Yes... I'm starting to get the idea. You don't inspect everything... No way you'd have time to. You just give the booth or box a once-over and follow whatever catches your eye.

Which means that you've got to both have some eye for pearls, and trust it. And yup. I do trust my eyes now.

Haven't a clue how SGD compared to USD back then but I think the prices on those WSS pairs would make me cry :lol:

Thank you pearaffair for bumping this thread!! :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yes... I'm starting to get the idea. You don't inspect everything... No way you'd have time to. You just give the booth or box a once-over and follow whatever catches your eye.

Which means that you've got to both have some eye for pearls, and trust it. And yup. I do trust my eyes now.

Haven't a clue how SGD compared to USD back then but I think th prices on those WSS pairs would make me cry :lol:

Thank you pearaffair for bumping this thread!! :love:

Oh no, those are pre-negotiated price so they are even cheaper after negotiation. Sticker prices are almost never the actual prices except for maybe some show special pieces/prices or whatever that are at already supposedly very special discounted prices.

And yes, you just scan through trays and see whatever catches your eye. Mind you the HK shows are MASSIVE so you really don’t have time. Need good walking shoes etc and be ready to be walking/standing for hours.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results