shape
carat
color
clarity

Showing off my James Allen periwinkle pear sapphire ring

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't seen much about JA's colored stones (except a bit of "meh" because PS standards are high :D), but with the 25% off settings sale they do sometimes, it sure was easy to put together a fairly inexpensive ring to recognize a major professional success I recently achieved!

It's a 1.44ct heated, windowed, kinda included periwinkle sapphire, 7.69x5.92mm, which was priced (I thought) very reasonably, set in an also-reasonable 14k RG bezel setting! Simply not having to worry about what would happen if it broke during setting was a big plus. But it turned out that the setting is perfectly fit to the stone, heavy and cleanly finished, and honestly way better quality than I'd expected for the cost. The bezel has the benefit of making the window less obvious and the color slightly deeper.

I had it engraved with "She persisted" to celebrate a professional milestone. I'm really enjoying it. :mrgreen: And I will TOTALLY be noodling around the JA CS section next time they do a settings sale, because seriously, they did an awesome job.

Here's the unset stone -- at least I felt like I completely knew what I was getting! Their photography is really excellent.

Photos coming!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ha! After the great pictures of your other new ring I totally did an immediate toddler tantrum reaction in my head- WHERE'S THE PIC_TUREZZZZZZZZZZ? I embarrassed myself, myself:lol:

* edit- there they are, you bratty!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! After the great pictures of your other new ring I totally did an immediate toddler tantrum reaction in my head- WHERE'S THE PIC_TUREZZZZZZZZZZ? I embarrassed myself, myself:lol:

* edit- there they are, you bratty!

:lol: RIGHT?? C'mon, this is PS. PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN is basically the official motto. :dance:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo that’s just lovely! I love your stone, it’s super unique and a great color. Yay for you! Thanks for sharing :)

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo that’s just lovely! I love your stone, it’s super unique and a great color. Yay for you! Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you!! I'm wearing it today and totally enjoying it, in a way I couldn't enjoy a $3000 trade-ideal stone. (Because: scary.)

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Love the ring! Love the color of the sapphire! Congratulations!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the milestone!!! Ps. I love the rose gold etoile style wedding band! Can I ask where it's from? I saw it in your other pics and love it

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute! I really like the color! Congrats on your milestone!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the milestone!!! Ps. I love the rose gold etoile style wedding band! Can I ask where it's from? I saw it in your other pics and love it

Thanks! :))it's also from JA (during the 25% off sale) -- it's a Benchmark ring. Very comfortable, though the diamonds don't have cleaning holes.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! :love: Congrats on your ring and milestone!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Y'all, so, yesterday I got a huge BUMMER of a professional news drop: the grant application I spent months on, which was supposed to fund the next 5 years of my research, was not successful. My mentors were shocked, and I know for sure I put in my best possible effort. I'm regrouping and figuring out what to do next. :cry:

But darn it, looking at this ring and knowing what's written inside REALLY DOES HELP. I'm persisting. I'm not giving up. I'm even pretty sure it'll eventually be ok, though through a different path than I'd planned. I've looked at my ring at least 30 times today, reminded myself that this is what I do, fall down and get up again, and it's really truly actually helping to have a tangible reminder of that.

16216427970835987898076576156391.jpg

Recollecting myself a bit before I pick the kids up from daycare and enjoying the ring in the car. Here comes the weekend.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, no! I'm so sorry! How frustrating for you. I'm glad you have something to make you smile through this challenge - and to remind you to persist!

In what area is your research?

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, no! I'm so sorry! How frustrating for you. I'm glad you have something to make you smile through this challenge - and to remind you to persist!

In what area is your research?

I'm a physician in an academic medical center, and I do research at the intersection of geriatrics, epidemiology, and perioperative care. I love what I do, I love my colleagues and my incredibly supportive department, and I'll be ok. It's just a huge huge freaking bummer. :lol:;(Thanks for your kind words!! 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results