shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2009 7:55:52 PM
Author: KentK
Hi all,

Wow what great sapphires in this thread, makes me wish I had more spare change.

Here is one I had made for my wife.
KentK, that is beautiful! sapphires and diamonds together are probably my all time favorite combination - there is something so special about the pairing - love it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 4:58:47 PM
Author: cellentani
Ummm, I know this thread started as blue sapphs only, but it seems that other colors are making it in without being chased off so I thought I''d add mine. I posted them a couple weeks ago in SMTR, so sorry if you''ve seen them already.

The pendant was sold to me as a peach sapphire, but it''s got a lovely pinkish-orange hue. The ring used to have an oval diamond, and I wore it as my engagement/wedding ring until too many pave fell out; it now has a pink sapphire that my husband hand-picked in Sri Lanka (2 yrs ago he was out there in the aftermath of the tsunami) and I wear it as an occasional RHR. It''s also part of another thread in SMTR about my ''3 rings in 2 years''.
Ooooh Cellentani! pretty pretty pretty!!!! love love love both the ring and the pendant - lucky girl!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2009 11:51:00 PM
Author: loriken214
Here''s my new sapphire pretty.

Art Deco Platinum
.80 Square cut blue sapphires - 2
4 tiny white rb diamonds

The photo is on the person I purchased it from and I won''t receive it for a few days.

Lori
Lori, this is one of the most beautiful rings i''ve seen in a long time - can''t wait to see YOUR pics of it too!!!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SDL, I don''t think I''ve seen your earrings before. They are beautiful!!! I''ve always loved your ER and eternity band. You have gorgeous pieces!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is hard for me to believe, but I am JUST NOW finding this thread for the first time!!!! Sapphires are my favorite colored gemstone, and blue is at the top of the list, although I''d love to have all the colors! I have a few old rings with sapphires, but none really worth showing. The best one, I suppose, is my Princess Di repro, but the sapphire is too dark. I do want a blue sapphire to set as a three stone ring or else a pair to set with a diamond in the middle. I really don''t want to pay for unheated, but something like the JW stones is what I am after...great cut, color, and clarity. And I also want a pair of rounds for earrings. I have had a hard time finding anything lately, though.

All of these pictures are just beautiful and inspiring!
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:18:12 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I have SERIOUS Sapphire envy.

Ladies your sapphires are to die for.

I feel the SAME way! Beautiful pieces!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
What amazingly beautiful new additions!!!! I''m glad we''re getting the multi-colored sapphires too!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphires of all color are welcomed here! Cellani...... what a simply gorgeous pink sapphire set!!

SDL........ I love your sapphire ring....and I have to admit, I have never seen the pearl earrings!! How beautiful and UNiQUE!!!!
30.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
What lovely sapphires!

Here are my vintage platinum sapphire bands, hanging out with (bottom to top) my transition cut, OEC, and Infinity in a deco setting that also has little sapphire baguettes:

sapphbandsthreerings4.jpg

(No, I never actually wear them this way. It''s too much even for me.)

cofor

Shiny_Rock
To show something else I have in my collection, I have today chosen this untreated colurchange sapphire from Tunduru Tanzania. The weight is about 1.5 cts and it changes from bluish green in daylight to this purplish red (it is even more red seen without camera). It has a couple of interesting inclusions of which one most probably is a zircon crystal.

tunduru_colourchange_inc.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
For some reason I thought this thread was only for the Blues...
26.gif

Here is my YELLOW love:

with.e.ring.02.JPG

bezeled.0001.JPG

yellow.sapphire.ring.diag.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 3:33:53 PM
Author: poshpepper
For some reason I thought this thread was only for the Blues...
26.gif

Here is my YELLOW love:

with.e.ring.02.JPG

bezeled.0001.JPG

I love your yellow sapphire ring PP, always have
30.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 9:57:43 AM
Author: Catmom

Date: 12/19/2008 2:28:36 PM
Author: sweetleila
These are all just gorgeous, but where are the yellows ladies and gents?
I don't have any yellows.....[we need Posh] but if we are showing pinks I can play............
1.gif
Just posted mine... as I said above I thought this was just for blues for some reason...
26.gif

Catmom... your sapphires (all of them) are just so gorgeous... and I love your avatar because now I get to stare at the ball of sunshine and your amazing color-change sapphire... I need one of those one day!

Thanks for letting me post mine!

ETA -- Thank you Linda!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posh... your sapphire ring is gorgeous!!! What great pics too!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww thanks Posh. You know I love your yellow baby!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut -- Thank you!!! Your new ring turned out spectacular!!! I love the color of your blue!

catmom -- No, thank you, I love to look at your beauties!!!

SDL -- Thank you, you are always so sweet. I have told you before, but I love your ring, the ovals with the round, just fabulous!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 1:57:53 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

I have to admit.. if I could have your exact ring created with blue, I''d do it in a heartbeat. I showed your ring to my hubby last night and he thought you had a yellow diamond
9.gif
Its gorgeous...
4.gif
Wow, thats a high compliment! It would be gorgeous with blue!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
My dainty dinner ring. Platinum, from the 20s. The largest of the sapphires is less than 4 mm in diameter. (More pictures here.)

decosaphgl7.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
glitter...that is beautiful. So antiquey/deco style and the sapphires are such a pretty blue!!
30.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
These are some of my babies. All are certified natural, unheated/untreated.

sapphiresrice.jpg

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
the stones ive seen are very nice-these are my stones-more of the podparasha type...

1622.jpg

apex1123

Rough_Rock
Brown.Eyed.Girl,

Can you tell me which James Allen setting this is? I like it and want to set my wifes sapphire in it.

thanks

Len

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really should stay out of this thread, it''s not good for my heart (makes it beat too fast!!!)
30.gif
26.gif
23.gif

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
This is "Big Mamma"
23.gif

BigMamaRice.jpg

gem collector

Rough_Rock
That is a stunning yellow and I love the setting! I still haven''t been able to decide how I want to set my ceylon. I can''t upload a pic so I made it my avatar. It''s 2.20 cts flawless and unheated and I know I''m going to feel like a princess when I finally wear it!!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! She's a beauty! I'd love a cushion cut like that in a beautiful pave diamond band. Scrumptious!
Where is she from?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GC... that is a beauty!!
30.gif

TL... I am right there with ya gal!!!
2.gif

uggthuggin

Rough_Rock
WOWSERS - that is huge!! BLING BLING.. .. at first looking i was like this girl model has some real "man hands" (seinfeld..LOLOL) then i read your post and read "male model"..LOL

uggthuggin

Rough_Rock
glitterata you have some major BLING BLING - wow I am so jealous!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 9:09:32 PM
Author: apex1123
Brown.Eyed.Girl,

Can you tell me which James Allen setting this is? I like it and want to set my wifes sapphire in it.

thanks

Len

Hi Len! i''m glad you like it - I love that particular setting and I''m glad I went with it.

It''s the James Allen common prong, 1.8 mm, in 18 kt. white gold -
here

If you want a slightly thicker band, they also have a 2.2 mm version - here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results