shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Catmom, it seems like you can always "play" when it comes to great jewels! i love your pink sapphires - you have such an amazing collection!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michele, your pink sapphire set is gorgeous.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
WOW! What gorgeous stones!!!
30.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/18/2008 9:21:51 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
I hope others will oblige too!! This is in the kitchen with flash.
i''ve said it before, but i certainly don''t mind saying it again - i completely heart that anniversary ring! it is tooooooo pretty!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been trying to stay away from this thread. The last think I need is a sapphire obsession to go with my colored diamond and tourmaline obsession. This thread is just amazing.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 2:13:28 PM
Author: violet3
Date: 12/18/2008 2:44:08 PM

Author: blinkydoll

I LOVE ALL the BLUE!!!!

is there any room for a PINK??

my PInk Sapphire in LOGR setting. Heated Natural Sapphire= 1.35 ct i think--- I have to double check

36.gif

Oh holy crap blinky doll - i L
30.gif
VE that pink sapphire ring - it''s amazing! i can''t believe that''s a LOGR setting - i know they are pretty, but that is amazing with that pink sapphire!

thank you violet3!! the logr turned out pretty good.

1.gif
its funny-- some people don''t think its a sapphire-- lol--because they think sapphires are only blue--lol
I could have gotten a blue sapp but... it didn''t look right with my stackables. I guess i will have to get some blue stackies..so That wouldn''t be a prob in the future,
27.gif

Catmom---- yay for your pinks! those earring look fun
21.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michelle and Blinkydoll.... I simply love your pink sapphires!! PINK, BLUE, and every sapphire color in between are a MUST in this thread!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks so much violet3! Thanks marcyc, blinkydoll and cushioncutnut!!

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
these are sapphires i have put together in a pendent-my wife wears these often-lots of pop w/good color...

forms sleeper 141.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
This thread has given me the blues- a yearning for one.
The first stone I ever bought was a sapphire - it''s was a terribly bad buy, with an enormous window. When I first wore it someone commented on the slight pinkish hue - I think it was my finger showing of thosethrough the window. I had no idea what I was buying and it was that very bad buy that started my reading about gems. In spite of it all I actually wear the ring lots and it''s a good reminder to be careful next time.
This is a huge 50 something sapphire that I saw in my travels and just have to post. It was in the safe of a highly reputable jeweller where I was looking at rubies. I asked if I could please come back with my camera that day and take a photograph. I know bigger isn''t better although it was a better colour than the hurried photograph shows. Looks weird on a mans hand but he was the only model at the time!

GPSAPDSC01290.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2008 7:12:43 PM
Author: klewis
This thread has given me the blues- a yearning for one.
The first stone I ever bought was a sapphire - it's was a terribly bad buy, with an enormous window. When I first wore it someone commented on the slight pinkish hue - I think it was my finger showing of thosethrough the window. I had no idea what I was buying and it was that very bad buy that started my reading about gems. In spite of it all I actually wear the ring lots and it's a good reminder to be careful next time.
This is a huge 50 something sapphire that I saw in my travels and just have to post. It was in the safe of a highly reputable jeweller where I was looking at rubies. I asked if I could please come back with my camera that day and take a photograph. I know bigger isn't better although it was a better colour than the hurried photograph shows. Looks weird on a mans hand but he was the only model at the time!
WOWZA, that's like a sapphire coffee table! I think that would look weird on anyone's hand. I think it would be gorgeous as a broach or pendant on someone like . . . hmmm. . . . "The QUEEN." Too big for a ring, but it's still an amazing stone and setting.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2008 7:18:08 PM
Author: glitterata
Such beautiful sapphires! Lost Sapphire''s ring always makes my breath catch a little.

Here''s my mid-19th century cabochon sapphire with rose-cut diamonds. The second picture--the one where I''m wearing it with my demantoid ring--shows the color better:

saphring1.JPG

demantoid1.JPG

This is just beautiful Glitterata! Do you wear this everyday? The rose cuts compliment the cabochon SO perfectly!
3.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my new sapphire pretty.

Art Deco Platinum
.80 Square cut blue sapphires - 2
4 tiny white rb diamonds

The photo is on the person I purchased it from and I won''t receive it for a few days.

Lori

7d70_1.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is a side view....

Lori

7e0b_1.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lori, I love it. That is one beautiful ring!!!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2009 11:51:00 PM
Author: loriken214
Here''s my new sapphire pretty.

Art Deco Platinum
.80 Square cut blue sapphires - 2
4 tiny white rb diamonds

The photo is on the person I purchased it from and I won''t receive it for a few days.

Lori

30.gif
Beautiful! I hope you post lots of pics Lori!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
My 3ctw princess and sapphire eternity band in platinum

loot 166.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
My 2ct sapphire from Simply sapphires, it''s blue with purple undertones. Flanked by @.80ctw oval diamonds

loot 177.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
My sapphire and diamond bezel eternity band with my ering

loot 136.JPG

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
My Richard Homer Yellow Sapphire

kbysr911.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love them both!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2009 1:41:30 PM
Author: KtIceRN
My Richard Homer Yellow Sapphire

YOur sapphire collection is stunning!!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
I just couldn''t resist adding mine, found it with help from this forum
26.gif

1.79ct center stone with 0.5ct trapezoidal side diamonds.

jjdav_2.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
jjdav, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo I LOVE all the new additions. They are all gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2009 2:52:25 AM
Author: jjdav
I just couldn''t resist adding mine, found it with help from this forum
26.gif

1.79ct center stone with 0.5ct trapezoidal side diamonds.

STUNNING! What a rarity to have such a gorgeous EC sapphire!!
30.gif

KentK

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Wow what great sapphires in this thread, makes me wish I had more spare change.

Here is one I had made for my wife.

Picture032.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2008 9:34:53 AM
Author: westjenn
Date: 12/18/2008 7:18:08 PM

Author: glitterata

Such beautiful sapphires! Lost Sapphire''s ring always makes my breath catch a little.

Here''s my mid-19th century cabochon sapphire with rose-cut diamonds. The second picture--the one where I''m wearing it with my demantoid ring--shows the color better:

saphring1.JPG

demantoid1.JPG

This is just beautiful Glitterata! Do you wear this everyday? The rose cuts compliment the cabochon SO perfectly!
3.gif

Thank you, Jenn! I don''t wear it every day because it''s a tad too tight--I should get it resized. It fits well on very cold days. It''s one of my favorite rings, though.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ummm, I know this thread started as blue sapphs only, but it seems that other colors are making it in without being chased off so I thought I''d add mine. I posted them a couple weeks ago in SMTR, so sorry if you''ve seen them already.

The pendant was sold to me as a peach sapphire, but it''s got a lovely pinkish-orange hue. The ring used to have an oval diamond, and I wore it as my engagement/wedding ring until too many pave fell out; it now has a pink sapphire that my husband hand-picked in Sri Lanka (2 yrs ago he was out there in the aftermath of the tsunami) and I wear it as an occasional RHR. It''s also part of another thread in SMTR about my "3 rings in 2 years".

cellssapphires.JPG

cofor

Shiny_Rock
Nice stones aroud here. I have been a fan of the Sapphire for a long time.
The stone in the attached image weighs 1.82 cts and is set in a 21.9 K gold ring made from an Iranian gold coin.

When I bought the stone in 1991 it was sealed in a plastic box together with a IGI certificate stating the quality and origin of the stone. If I remember correct the certificate was issued in the very early 80''s.
The stone was butt ugly. A very elongated oval with a huge window and lack of brilliancy weighing 2.80 cts. Looking way too dark.
When turning the stone around looking through the plastic one could see the potential as flashes of nice color could be noticed.
After the deal was closed I brought it home and broke the seal.
Some planning and a couple of hours at the Facetron produced what is seen in the ring in the attached file.
The image is taken under incandescent light and is actually a bit nicer in daylight.

ring_cf_02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results