carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your Resets

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Everyone,
I thought there was a thread for resets already but I couldn't find it. I am interested in seeing the before and after pics of PSer's resets. Please include stats and any other info about both the original and the reset.
Thanks!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the other thread but not many posts so hopefully some newer members will share! And PHOTOS are necessary!!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/re-sets-and-reasons.131704/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/re-sets-and-reasons.131704/[/URL]

I don't have any resets because when I want change I just buy a whole new ring :lol: But I think there are a tonne of us on PS who like frequent change, and it seems to take two major forms: upgrade or change the diamond, or change the mount!

And another older thread where the focus is on how people changes once they found PS: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-original-ering-and-the-ps-transformation.116326/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-original-ering-and-the-ps-transformation.116326/[/URL]

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My .82ct G VS2 AGS000, ISEE2 diamond has had quite the journey. I originally bought it for a pendant but it drove me crazy that I couldn't see it. Hubby was always remarking on how it sparkled but I could never see the sparkles so I had it reset as a RHR. Although the FY diamonds in that setting were wonderful the rest of the setting was just meh. We hadn't paid much for the bottom of the setting and it showed. Hubby declared one day that the stone needed a "proper" setting to showcase it so off we were on a quest to find the perfect setting. It's forever home is now a Calla setting which we love and feel is fit for such a diamond.

cmspend13.JPG

cmsdiamfyrhr000011.jpg

cmscallaring00003.jpg

cmscallaring05.jpg

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks, ladies. I too hope that we get more pics and stories.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine. It's a .9ct F, originally set in a 14k wg setting paired with a palladium and silve mokume wedding band that matches my hubbys. He picked out the stone and setting himself, and just erred on the side of simple and traditional to be safe.

I had it reset recently into a platinum Van Craeynest ring, with a 3 sided micropave ring from Leon. I reset it because the prior setting was a little too bulky and plain for me, and I wanted something a bit more delicate and unique. Art I could wear. And once I go the new ering setting, the mokume band seemed ridiculously huge paired with it, so I paired it with the more delicate Leon. I still have the mokume band though, and set a rubellite into the old setting.

Old set:
file.jpg

New set:
file.jpg
file.jpg
file.jpg
file.jpg

Here's the rubellite I put into the old setting
file.jpg

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1339698477|3216223 said:
Here's mine. It's a .9ct F, originally set in a 14k wg setting paired with a palladium and silve mokume wedding band that matches my hubbys. He picked out the stone and setting himself, and just erred on the side of simple and traditional to be safe.

I had it reset recently into a platinum Van Craeynest ring, with a 3 sided micropave ring from Leon. I reset it because the prior setting was a little too bulky and plain for me, and I wanted something a bit more delicate and unique. Art I could wear. And once I go the new ering setting, the mokume band seemed ridiculously huge paired with it, so I paired it with the more delicate Leon. I still have the mokume band though, and set a rubellite into the old setting.

Old set:
file.jpg

New set:
file.jpg
file.jpg
file.jpg
file.jpg

Here's the rubellite I put into the old setting
file.jpg

Your reset is absolutely gorgeous! I really like your original wedding ring and e-ring setting, because you don't see rings with swirls very often, and they're very unique ( also love that your recycled it, rather than just put it away in your jewelry box).

But your new set is so classic and timeless. I love the microwave band and the shank on your new e-ring, with the sweet little plain band wedged between. Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results