shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me Original Ering and the PS transformation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just thought I'd show my transformation since I've been on PS... My first photo is of my princess cut .40 ct almost 3 stone with my princess channel set wb of .5ctw. then I went onto full custom ring with princess sidestone but the setting was a bit higher and a little more uncomfortable than I was hoping for (traded the J stone 1.01 ACA in for my current 1.21 ACA k (that's a keeper, so I went onto the 2nd attempt temporary semi bezel, now I'm onto my third... hopefully my final setting to go back to a three stone look- haven't made the jump yet, I think I really miss it, when I wear my original ering. If you have your transformation, I would love to see them! PS has definitely made its mark on my many ring decisions or should I say indecisions

transformationd&t1.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T - I''m in love with your 3rd attempt! So gorgeous, and LOVE the wedding band paired with it!

I still have the same old e-ring, just swap out the wedding bands from time to time.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 6:43:05 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
D&T - I''m in love with your 3rd attempt! So gorgeous, and LOVE the wedding band paired with it!

I still have the same old e-ring, just swap out the wedding bands from time to time.
Thanks LTP but I''m still going to reset. I just don''t know what though,,, I love the mark morrell torchier (without the diamonds) but i also have a few ideas for Brian gavin to design a three stone.. - I know you have a couple/few bands i think one of them was the baguettes?- i love that one
30.gif
and love your asscher.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I also love the third attempt. Do you have any more information and profile shots of this ring?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit, I''ll be sad to see your semi-bezel go. That set is absolutely gorgeous!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 7:13:09 PM
Author: audball
I also love the third attempt. Do you have any more information and profile shots of this ring?
do you mean the third picture? it contains .90 ctw sidestones, but I''ve sinced turned into a RHR the center was a 1.01 J ACA

TerryNelson_1202b1.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that''s a pretty profile! But I was referring to the semi-bezel, sorry for not being more specific! Do you have pics of it? I''ll hate to see it go...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks SDL and Kittybean, I''m just missing something with the setting, but I always love to see what others started out with and what they ended up at.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 8:06:59 PM
Author: D&T

Date: 5/27/2009 7:13:09 PM
do you mean the third picture? it contains .90 ctw sidestones, but I''ve sinced turned into a RHR the center was a 1.01 J ACA
No, they are talking about the third e-ring...which is the 4th picture. I like it, too!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 8:08:24 PM
Ooh, that's a pretty profile! But I was referring to the semi-bezel, sorry for not being more specific! Do you have pics of it? I'll hate to see it go...
ahh... here is the side

ETA: EEK So sorry that so large
23.gif

04.26.09 00112s11.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:10:29 PM
Date: 5/27/2009 8:08:24 PM

Ooh, that''s a pretty profile! But I was referring to the semi-bezel, sorry for not being more specific! Do you have pics of it? I''ll hate to see it go...
ahh... here is the side

ETA: EEK So sorry that so large
23.gif
Thank you! It''s beautiful! Where did you get this setting?? It looks familiar to me...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its the whiteflash keystone setting just in yellow gold 14k

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here''s mine. 3 years ago, after lurking and admiring on PS for months, I lost my original ER. Long story short, I bought a 1ct princess and put in a micropave setting - something I''d seen here and drooled over. However, I kept losing pave stones, so I moved on to setting #2.

cfirstring.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I decided to trade the first setting in, and now I was concerned about finger coverage (another PS influence!), and chose setting #2:

csecondring.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 8:22:25 PM
Author: cellentani
Okay, here''s mine. 3 years ago, after lurking and admiring on PS for months, I lost my original ER. Long story short, I bought a 1ct princess and put in a micropave setting - something I''d seen here and drooled over. However, I kept losing pave stones, so I moved on to setting #2.
It''s gorgeous
30.gif
...did the micropave just jumped out at you? wondering how people decide on a ring after seeing all the eye candies, I just get all confuse
33.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 8:25:07 PM
I decided to trade the first setting in, and now I was concerned about finger coverage (another PS influence!), and chose setting #2:
Ok, your first was gorgeous, but your second is STUNNING!
30.gif
and yes the finger coverage it is.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, I kept losing stones out of that setting too, and I finally chose setting #3.

Pictures2.jpg

MrsDoubleP

Shiny_Rock
D&T, I love your bezel set! I wouldn''t change a thing about it, it''s just perfect! I''ve saved it in my "Favorite rings" folder (hope you don''t mind).
3.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
But the PS influence doesn't stop here. I was super nit-picky about my ring, and was unhappy with some minor uneveness in the prongs and milgrain, so I took it to Quest for refurbishing. I also learned from all you guys to have multiple WBs so I can switch them out with my moods. Although, most of the time I wear the ER on its own.

ring3e.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 8:34:39 PM
Author: MrsDoubleP
D&T, I love your bezel set! I wouldn''t change a thing about it, it''s just perfect! I''ve saved it in my ''Favorite rings'' folder (hope you don''t mind).
3.gif
ahh thanks... you''re too kind..

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the last one: you can see the prongs are thinner, and the milgrain is a little more even.

ring3d.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 8:36:05 PM
But the PS influence doesn''t stop here. I was super nit-picky about my ring, and was unhappy with some minor uneveness in the prongs and milgrain, so I took it to Quest for refurbishing. I also learned from all you guys to have multiple WB so I can switch them out with my moods. Although, most of the time I wear the ER on its own.
wow...you''ve gone from Princess, to ovals and now RB,,, which diamond shape do you like best? I miss my princess but I love the brillance/fire of my RB... They are all so gorgeous.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:26:11 PM
It''s gorgeous
30.gif
...did the micropave just jumped out at you? wondering how people decide on a ring after seeing all the eye candies, I just get all confuse
33.gif
Yup, that micropave kept calling my name. I loved that Harry Winston look - it was my favorite. I actually got more confused on the 2nd and 3rd settings because I knew I had to keep durability in mind.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:39:26 PM
wow...you''ve gone from Princess, to ovals and now RB,,, which diamond shape do you like best? I miss my princess but I love the brillance/fire of my RB... They are all so gorgeous.
Uh, funny thing is, I think I like cushions best, lol. I just can''t afford a cushion with the finger coverage I''d like! I never was partial to RBs until I got one - mine isn''t nearly the best quality in cut or color, but I''ve really grown fond of it. My problem is that I really, really love many different diamond shapes and settings - it''s so hard to pick just one!

And D&T, I''ve never liked bezels too much, but your semi-bezel is gorgeous! Very sleek and elegant, and really shows off your stone. Are you really thinking about a 3-stone?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 8:47:26 PM

Date: 5/27/2009 8:39:26 PM
Uh, funny thing is, I think I like cushions best, lol. I just can''t afford a cushion with the finger coverage I''d like! I never was partial to RBs until I got one - mine isn''t nearly the best quality in cut or color, but I''ve really grown fond of it. My problem is that I really, really love many different diamond shapes and settings - it''s so hard to pick just one!

And D&T, I''ve never liked bezels too much, but your semi-bezel is gorgeous! Very sleek and elegant, and really shows off your stone. Are you really thinking about a 3-stone?
yep, smaller sidestone, kinda more on the accent side, the more I try on my original ering, the more I miss the little side stones, but not like my first attempt it drew too much away from the center I thought. Cushion huh? will that be your last and final stop
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 9:27:01 PM
yep, smaller sidestone, kinda more on the accent side, the more I try on my original ering, the more I miss the little side stones, but not like my first attempt it drew too much away from the center I thought. Cushion huh? will that be your last and final stop
2.gif
I''ll be interested in seeing what you come up with! As for the cushion, I don''t know when I''ll get there. I think both my DH and jeweler were ready to strangle me after going through 3 settings in 2 years! Besides, I''m really happy with what I have now - it has held up well with constant (even to bed) wear. I may satiate my cushion lust with colored gemstones, though.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many changes to mine I can''t even keep track :) I now have a platinum diamond/sapphire set and a oval yellow gold set
31.gif
happy happy happy. I put my orginal stone in a pendant by Brian Gavin.

This site can be dangerous WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
emotion-5.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellanti, I hear yah- I''m on my third reset in 6 months
23.gif

Woobug02- I see one in your avatar is this your ering? any pics of your other one? its gorgeous with the split shank rope... and btw-- you crack me up with all your WOOOOS
9.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T - the bezel is just gorgeous with that wb - that would be tough to beat.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hi D&T, I agree with Motownmama, I love the bezel set - bezels are great for making the diamond look even bigger
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results