shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me Original Ering and the PS transformation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 8:59:15 AM
Author: butterfly 17
And my upgrade...
Butterfly17- your ring looks stunning and very sparkly.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 11:05:27 AM
Author: UCLABelle
Here are all my changes (minus the few small ones----). The current ring was a custom-made T&Co Emerald Cut with Traps (Tiffany used the same EC from EC with Trilliant''s Tiffany ring...). It was worth every penny...I have had it since November.

1st-1.92 (I, VS) Antique Asscher Cut e-ring in old platinum mounting (broke---couldn''t be repaired)
2nd-Same Asscher in solitaire (no photos-)
3rd-Same Asscher in 14kt Halo (one day!)
4th-same Asscher in platinum with .60ttw traps
5th-Tiffany & Co Emerald Cut 1.50 (E, VVS) with .45cttw Trilliants in platinum
6th-Tiffany & Co Legacy (1 week) 1.13 (I, VS2)
7th-Back to Tiffany & Co Emerald Cut (they took a return back) with trilliants
8th-Tiffany & Co custom made the new setting for their Emerald Cut (1.50, E, VVS) with D, VS .44cttw traps in platinum= PURE PERFECTION
You''ve been quite the busy bee
31.gif
it looks fantastic. is the shank slightly taperd towards the stone?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 11:33:48 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
All of these beautiful resets and upgrades are really making me want to do something different...I wish I had a money tree!
Dana- If I could have 10 different sets, then I wold definitely do it,,, but alas, can only have one permanent ering. I definitely know what you mean

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2009 12:02:15 PM
Author: Londongirl1

Date: 5/31/2009 11:33:48 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
All of these beautiful resets and upgrades are really making me want to do something different...I wish I had a money tree!
Oh dear, I think you''ve picked up the PS curse...I''m sure your ring is beautiful just as it is
21.gif
Londongirl-wish I can see your before with your split shank and after. Its gorgeous with your new reset.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s Londongirl1- hope she doesn''t mind.

before...
london.grl.001.jpg

london.grl.002.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Londongirl1 reset...

E-ring101jpg.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Londongirl1 reset continue...

ering101jpg.jpg

myring%20101jpg.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Miranda-Hi! Yes, you were right, a "long-break" from PS was good, and now I am slowly coming back to PS. It has been 6 mos since I left.

I do LOVE the ring. I think it is perfect, and Tiffany really did an amazing job (and got it done in 4 weeks!...of course, business has been slow for them...). I had to "sign" an agreement with my husband that this was our last change for an e-ring, because he wasn't too happy that it cost him $5,500 to have Tiffany's build it (we ended out selling the original setting to a fellow PSer).

dreamer_dachsie-Thanks, many changes, all similar concepts ;-)

D&T-Thank you! Tiffany has it taper very slightly.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 12:30:04 PM
Miranda-Hi! Yes, you were right, a ''long-break'' from PS was good, and now I am slowly coming back to PS. It has been 6 mos since I left.

I do LOVE the ring. I think it is perfect, and Tiffany really did an amazing job (and got it done in 4 weeks!...of course, business has been slow for them...). I had to ''sign'' an agreement with my husband that this was our last change for an e-ring, because he wasn''t too happy that it cost him $5,500 to have Tiffany''s build it (we ended out selling the original setting to a fellow PSer).

dreamer_dachsie-Thanks, many changes, all similar concepts ;-)

D&T-Thank you! Tiffany has it taper very slightly.
Sometimes a break is a good thing! BTW, I was just thumbing through the Blue Book yesterday!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 12:15:03 PM
Author: D&T
Here's Londongirl1- hope she doesn't mind.
No, I don't mind at all. The 'bling' look may work for some people but it was too much for me
38.gif
. My original set didn't look classy to me and I wanted style over substance. I've no regrets
9.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2009 11:05:27 AM
Here are all my changes (minus the few small ones----). The current ring was a custom-made T&Co Emerald Cut with Traps (Tiffany used the same EC from EC with Trilliant''s Tiffany ring...). It was worth every penny...I have had it since November.

1st-1.92 (I, VS) Antique Asscher Cut e-ring in old platinum mounting (broke---couldn''t be repaired)
2nd-Same Asscher in solitaire (no photos-)
3rd-Same Asscher in 14kt Halo (one day!)
4th-same Asscher in platinum with .60ttw traps
5th-Tiffany & Co Emerald Cut 1.50 (E, VVS) with .45cttw Trilliants in platinum
6th-Tiffany & Co Legacy (1 week) 1.13 (I, VS2)
7th-Back to Tiffany & Co Emerald Cut (they took a return back) with trilliants
8th-Tiffany & Co custom made the new setting for their Emerald Cut (1.50, E, VVS) with D, VS .44cttw traps in platinum= PURE PERFECTION
Wow, I LOVE the EC with the traps! I don''t think I had seen your new ring yet, but it is phenomenal! That really is my favorite one too :) My DH knows that I would love an EC just like yours for our 20th anniversary :)

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
butterfly 17 - love the upgrade!!!

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
cellentani - Love the upgrade and the band!!!

mysterylover

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:32:03 PM
Author: cellentani
Unfortunately, I kept losing stones out of that setting too, and I finally chose setting #3.

This is absolutely delicious!! So very lovely!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D&T I think your semi bezel is awesome. It really shows the diamond off to perfection and I''d be tempted not to change it again BUT that''s easy for me to say! I know what it''s like if you''re not 100% happy then it''s got to be changed. Please post your next (and hopefully last) attempt won''t you?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2009 3:45:32 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
D&T I think your semi bezel is awesome. It really shows the diamond off to perfection and I''d be tempted not to change it again BUT that''s easy for me to say! I know what it''s like if you''re not 100% happy then it''s got to be changed. Please post your next (and hopefully last) attempt won''t you?
absolutely...
9.gif
I got half of my reset in the works right now as we speak,, but won''t have it on my finger for another three weeks
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results