shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your cocktail rings

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
My current ones that qualify. 2 more on the way!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Yes, the orange is a sapphire. Heated sadly, but I don’t think they come any other way. The ruby cab halo I bought yesterday from @Gildedlane on IG. The other red is an art deco lab ruby with platinum and diamonds. I love the setting but it’s not mind clean so I seldom wear it. Christmas pretty much.

Thanks for saying such nice things! The pink coral was an earring that was too heavy.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Love all these BIG RINGS!!!
So my Sapphire Bombe ring had a beautiful round cut (rare!) 4.55 carat royal blue sapphire in a mid-century platinum and Marquise cut and round cut setting. Probably 4.0 carats of Diamonds.
I actually traded it in so I no longer own it…hence my newest quest for a large cocktail ring!!!!
I actually am not super sad that I no longer own the ring.
I was consolidating my collection and just realized I truly wanted a no-heat no-treatment Sapphire.
Oh and btw…I wore it whenever I felt like it not just for dress. It probably got more wear when I was in my bathrobe than anything :))

So now I’m on the hunt.
I know no-heat is more of a mind-clean thing but I think there are enough fellow PS-ers who will understand.
Anyway….I have a big Orange Sapphire (9+ carats) that I love and a big Emerald ring so I am on the fence about whether I want a regular everyday Blue Sapphire or whether I want to lean in to my natural “go big or go home” proclivities and buy a Knuckleduster.
I want this next purchase to be investment grade (whatever that really means because jewelry really is NOT the best “investment” but I think telling myself this makes me feel better!) so I am not sure whether it’s better to:
1-buy the best quality sapphire (for example… a 2.0 carat Burma no-heat at $5000/carat
OR
2-buy a 10 carat Ceylon no-heat at $1500/carat

Theoretical of course….so I’m on the hunt!!!
All thoughts/experiences welcome as I think this one over.

Thanks for sharing deets on your sapphire ring! Can’t blame you for wanting no-heat-no-treatment sapphire. I dream of owning NH ruby someday. Your bombé ring is stunning though and I’d wear that with anything!

Good luck with your hunt, @SapphireBomb !! Can’t wait to see your latest bling❤️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, I have not posted my EC Aqa and step cut Morganite traps in this thread, all cut by Jeff White:

DK :))

SuperSunday

Rough_Rock
That sounds like a fun switch-up! Exploring cocktail rings can be a cool way to add some flair. Bolder choices can totally elevate your style.

SuperSunday

Rough_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These 2 arrived in time for Christmas!

A round pink Sapphire sourced and recut by Jeff W, and an Asscher blue Zircon also by Jeff W.

The diamonds are all LGDs.

All my Jeff W CSs that I have set to date - a Rubellite, and an Aqua with Morganite traps ring that needs cleaning, DOH:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
These 2 arrived in time for Christmas!

A round pink Sapphire sourced and recut by Jeff W, and an Asscher blue Zircon also by Jeff W.

The diamonds are all LGDs.

JW_Pink_Sapphire_Asscher_Zircon_Rings_02.jpg

All my Jeff W CSs that I have set to date - a Rubellite, and an Aqua with Morganite traps ring that needs cleaning, DOH:

4_Rings_18Dec2023_02a.jpg

Love them all! I want to set my new yellow lab sapphire like your pink sapphire, surrounded with large diamonds. My stone is 10mm though. Trying to figure out what size diamonds looks best.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them all! I want to set my new yellow lab sapphire like your pink sapphire, surrounded with large diamonds. My stone is 10mm though. Trying to figure out what size diamonds looks best.

It depends if you are after a cluster or a halo ;)2 - my pink Sapphire is 7.04mm diameter, and the LGDs are 4.5mm diameter.

I am glad I did not use larger diamonds in the Rubellite ring as they would overshadow the CS as it is less brilliant compared with the pink Sapphire.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin here is the CAD for the Rubellite ring, the CS is 9mm to give you an idea of how wide is the finished ring - I suspect the air gap/line adds about 2mm to the overall diameter of the ring, hope it helps:

QQ图片20201121112342.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results