shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your Christmas Trees 2005...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora I love your Christmas tree!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread idea!!!

I love how my tree looks in the dark with all the multicolored lights on it - but the pictures never come out if I take them w/o flash. So here''s a flash picture...I had a tree trimming party and it gets the little kid out in everyone...people fight over who gets to throw the angel hair tinsel on the tree.
1.gif

xmast05.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh everyone's trees and puppies and kitties are TOO CUTE!!

Mata I love the red color of the walls in the tree room, very nice...

FG I love the ribbon on the tree.

At my stylist's salon yesterday they had all sorts of great decor up and this glittery thick raffia ribbon strung with all the lights and garlands and things, I loved it. Now I am on the hunt to find some as well to mix with our garlands in the living room!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW John you little decorator..the tree is FABULOUS...love that 2nd shot. See that kind of camera is what I need...my flash shot totally washed out the whole tree.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome pics John. Your tree is beautiful and your kitties are just adorable!!!

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Amazing Christmas tree. I love your Persian cat I had a half breed Persian for 10 years and your cat reminds me of him.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of our tree and mantle last year. It looks the same this year, just in a different house.
2.gif

-Janna

Tree 2004.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 5:03:40 PM
Author: angel_nieves
Wow Amazing Christmas tree. I love your Persian cat I had a half breed Persian for 10 years and your cat reminds me of him.
Hey I resemble that remark!
9.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha Mara.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 4:59:29 PM
Author: Mara
WOW John you little decorator..the tree is FABULOUS...love that 2nd shot. See that kind of camera is what I need...my flash shot totally washed out the whole tree.
Mara, it's just a little Canon Elph DS100. I turned off the flash and set it on a stool, then took a few shots with different manual exposure settings. I used auto-timer so it would be rock-steady when the shutter opened. If yours is missing those features it sounds like G-man needs to get you a stocking stuffer.
2.gif
Yours looks like it is incredible all lit up in the dark.

Date: 12/16/2005 5:02:09 PM
Author: kaleigh
Awesome pics John. Your tree is beautiful and your kitties are just adorable!!!
Thank you Kaleigh. They're quite a handful each year when stockings and streamers and ribbons come out. 2AM ornament hockey in the foyer is popular right now.

Tell Ashley they would look great in little UPenn sweatshirts (hopefully the straight-jacket kind!).
3.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s our family room all decorated for the season. Our decorations and tree go up the day after Thanksgiving. The tree comes down usually on New Years day if it can last that long.

cmsxmas1.JPG

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my tree pre-gifts underneath!!! I love the pix of all the kitties sleeping in or inside the trees!!!! How precious!!! I''ve been trying to get some of mine, but haven''t been fast enough....all the trees are beautiful!!!

DSCN0293.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here is a shot of our foyer and the tree in the background.

raill123.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
...and the stockings were hung by the .......

mantty234.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice pic Nan, very pretty!!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Angel,

Jordan has been with me 11 years in March. On Christmas Eve 2002 I almost lost him when he swallowed something sharp. A midnight trip to the pet ER saved him, but that night shook me up worse than I would have imagined...I''m going to be a mess when his time comes. The week after that I went out and got the kitty under the tree as a backup cat. They''re best pals now.
1.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 5:06:43 PM
Author: Mara

Hey I resemble that remark!
9.gif
Half Bat. Half Man.

(fade in theme music)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love looking at everyone's decorations!

John, that night shot of your tree is amazing! I need to play with my digicam - it is a Canon Elph SD110, but this user is not as resourceful or determined as you are. LOL.

7s1 - I just want to fly down your banister!!!!!!! Love that!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
All of these photos are great. I love the different looks of all of the trees. The way Nan''s foyer is decorated makes me thirsty for some egg-nog. Or an Islay Scotch!

Pear and Matatora, all of the pets are too funny.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
My cat Milo was 10 when he died of cancer two years ago. I now have a miniature dachshund

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 5:39:22 PM
My cat Milo was 10 when he died of cancer two years ago. I now have a miniature dachshund

I'm sorry about Milo's passing, it sounds like you had great years together. People like you and Ally will be there for me when I say goodbye to J-man, I'm sure.

I love dachshunds. We had 2 when I was growing up. They are such loving, sweet-natured dogs. If avatars are any indicator it would suggest that many PS people are animal lovers. A great thing about the holidays is that we get to spend a bit more time with our animals - even if they do muss up the tree.
1.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Though I don''t celebrate Christmas, I love to look at other people''s decorations. All of you have great taste.

I love the trees, trains, ornaments, cats and dogs. I especially love the pets. They are all way too cute.

It''s nice getting a Christmas Tree tour. Thanks.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I have a mini-dachshund, too. (avatar) But he''s not so mini anymmore! Are they honestly sweet? Ours is a little shark that prowls the floor surrounding the couch, hoping for an ankle. I laughed when I read the part about your "back-up" cat. Ha ha ha!
25.gif

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Oh this is fun, I need to get into the holidays and it helps to see other people doing just that. This is or tree for this year. Normally we do a gigantic tree but we just got an 8ft this year and that is all, we mainly did it so Eden would have fun (Our baby is due on the 23rd so this was all I could do!! I''m gonna pop!!)

DSC01548_1.jpg

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Here is a cool shot using nightvision!!!!

DSC01544_2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow nightvision is awesome!!!

sevens i adore your lit up mantels...definitely some egg nog (with kahlua!) in it is in order! who''s pouring!?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2005 6:36:09 PM
Author: mingagreen
This is or tree for this year. Normally we do a gigantic tree but we just got an 8ft this year and that is all, we mainly did it so Eden would have fun (Our baby is due on the 23rd so this was all I could do!!)

You are pregnant with a toddler and could ONLY get up an 8 foot tree! I have up no tree, no lights, no wreath! And I am not pregnant nor do I have a toddler! I love seeing these magical trees. I love christmas. I am feeling quite inadequate and depressed at the moment, however!!! Also: short ceilings always precluded a tall tree until last year, but I wouldn't be surprised if our tall tree last year was 8 feet! For what it's worth, your tree looks gigantic (as well as beautiful) and I have the dog and Eden as reference points!!!

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results