shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your Christmas Trees 2005...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann, can I come live at your house next Christmas??
31.gif
I love Christmas so much but can''t amass that kind of display till we have our own house someday!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 1:38:33 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Ann, can I come live at your house next Christmas??
31.gif
I love Christmas so much but can''t amass that kind of display till we have our own house someday!
FireGoddess, of course you may! Just be prepared for 3 days of hard work - I hate putting this stuff away. So much so, the tree in the family room is history. Getting a smaller one for next year. It is too hard to move a ladder around the thing just to get ornaments on it! Almost everything is down, including the monster tree. But I have not even touched the outside. There are 13 wreaths and 2 balconies with garland and bows to pack up. Oh and 4 small trees! I have done this every year and actually this year did less inside than ever. But next year I will scale back. (yeah right!)

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my lord Ann I am in LOVE with your Christmas decor. This year is the first time I bought Christmas decorations (I ravaged the after christmas sales) and am so excited to have our first christmas together next year. You are my mentor.
9.gif
One day, I will be able to do my house as you do yours.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, GingerBCookie,

Your in Houston, me too, come on up. Ya''ll have no idea how many of those big plastic tubs I have filled with stuff. And every year, I buy more. Sick.

Ginger, have you been to the Nutcracker Market at Reliant Center? In the very back, there is a vendor that has great stuff. Some of it I have seen other places, but hey, it''s all there. And his prices are not too bad.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 9:25:53 PM
Author: Ann
Hey, GingerBCookie,

Your in Houston, me too, come on up. Ya''ll have no idea how many of those big plastic tubs I have filled with stuff. And every year, I buy more. Sick.

Ginger, have you been to the Nutcracker Market at Reliant Center? In the very back, there is a vendor that has great stuff. Some of it I have seen other places, but hey, it''s all there. And his prices are not too bad.
LOL...don''t think I won''t come up to see your house! I love love love to see Christmas decor and will drive all over town just to see pretty lighted streets! I already have two plastic tubs full of Christmas stuff just from this year''s haul...I bet it won''t take me all that long to catch up with you!

I really wanted to go to the Nutcracker Market this year but had an out of town interview that weekend...boo. Next year hopefully they''ll have it again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is our tree

treexx111.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
close up of Christopher Radko ornaments.

hretee.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2005 8:18:23 PM
Author: AGBF

Al, he is gorgeous!!!!! He would be the apple of my eye, too! That fur looks so silky! Tell us more about him!

Deb
34.gif
Thanks, Lisa and Deb. He is my little cutie, Nicky.

He is a tri-colored Sheltie. He''ll be five years old in mid-February. He is my third dog (all Shelties), and has wormed his way into my affections like no other.

When my second Sheltie died from congestive heart failure, I wasn''t sure about getting another dog for a while. However, I starting missing the patter of little paws. I began looking around, and I wanted another SABLE, FEMALE SHELTIE from a top-shelf breeder.

A friend talked me into going to see Nicky, and just to get a puppy fix, I agreed. Initially, I wasn''t that impressed with him...but it was before naptime, so he was a bit sleepy. When he slept, it was on his back with all four legs sticking straight up into the air (something he still does today). I thought he was so cute and obviously secure. When he woke up and I went to play with him again, he melted my heart.

Still, I didn''t take him home. He wasn''t anything I wanted....he was the wrong sex and the wrong color. But I couldn''t get him out of my mind. Two days later, we decided to go take another look to get it out of my system. On the way there, I realized that I was getting worried at the thought he might be taken. That''s when I knew he was for me. When we went in, he licked me all over like a long lost friend, and that was it!

He is DEFINITELY a *boy*....total mischief maker and seems unaffected and oblivious when I correct him. But honestly, he''s soooo good. His only vice from puppyhood: he still likes to shred paper. Paper towels, napkins, paper boxes, etc. Penny ante stuff, and totally forgiveable.

He has such personality; he has won my heart over in a way no other animal has.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Al,
I have a similar story. I finally have pics of my Bichons in the no kitty cat's allowed thread. Anyway, my first Bichon Maddie was a doll, loved her with all my heart. She got very sick with Lupus of all things. I never knew dogs could get Lupus. I had to put her to sleep and it broke my heart. We went for years without a dog. My husband for my anniversary asked me get another one. I went to the breeder and all he had was a male. I was like he is so cute, but in my heart I wanted a female. The kids out voted me, and thank god they did. He is an amazing dog that is so smart, we have to spell stuff we don't want him to hear. It cracks us up. We adore him. He is a ripe and active 12 year old.
1.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I just came back to work today after more than 2 weeks of vacation. We were away on holiday during Christmas so we didn''t have a tree (actually, we''ve never put up a tree coz we usually go on vacation then). It was AMAZING to see all your beautiful trees and home. It gave me the feeling of Christmas despite today being Jan 4!

We celebrated Christmas Eve with some good friends in Shanghai and spent Christmas Day in Hangzhou (China) where there was absolutely no Christmas celebrations so it didn''t even feel like Christmas. Thanks for posting these fabulous pictures so I can get into the spirit albeit much later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results