shape
carat
color
clarity

Show off your favorite (for now) pearls

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the lovely comment @Catmom, they look good with my magenta jumper need to wear them more.
The colour of the Tahitian pearl in the pin is stunning. You have beautiful pearls!

Thank you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if these are my favorite but I definitely reach for my akoya strand the most. I find them really versatile and easy to wear :) IMG_4352.jpeg

Gorgeous!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my favourite pearls are still my studs, always my studs... :bigsmile: It still amazes me that pearls can come in so many colours. Even something as simple as "white pearls" - just like white paint, so many variations :love:

L column, top to bottom - GSS from Pearl Paradise, GSS from katbran/pearlzaustralia, T from Andrew Moline, FW from Ocean Rhyme on Etsy
R column, top to bottom - WSS from Paspaley, WSS from Pearl Paradise, grey akoya from Takahashi, white akoya from Takahashi, white akoya from Mikimoto
(They're all round - the oval-ness is just the pic!)

I wear the Takahashi white (9.5-10mm) and blue (9-9.5mm) akoya the most. For me it's an easy and fuss-free everyday size. But my stud collection prizes are the Takahashi whites and katbran's deep golds - I *know* there's no way I'd be able to find those again. Perfectly matched 9.5+ gem akoya, these days? Pipe dreams. And those deep golds, also superbly matched, apparently she'd been holding them for half a decade!

1688868807723.png

The #IncurableCollector part of me wants a pale gold pair, and a green tahitian pair, to "finish" the set... But I know that I wouldn't ever wear either of those. That keeps the covetousness in check. For now.

Just realized I've got a bit of a red white 'n blue thing going on with those akoya there - how July 4th of me :lol:

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ok now this may be my most favorite even though it's probably one of the least expensive pieces. Not diamonds, but the Tahitian pearl is gorgeous and those of you that know me know I collect vintage and other Christmas pins. This one hit me in both spots. Maybe some day I'll have it replicated in diamonds, lol.

Tahitian Pearl Snowflake Brooch.jpg

Tahitian Pearl Snowflake Brooch6.jpg

Tahitian Pearl Snowflake Brooch7.jpg
:love:You have to! That's beautiful. Very Faberge.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my favourite pearls are still my studs, always my studs... :bigsmile: It still amazes me that pearls can come in so many colours. Even something as simple as "white pearls" - just like white paint, so many variations :love:

L column, top to bottom - GSS from Pearl Paradise, GSS from katbran/pearlzaustralia, T from Andrew Moline, FW from Ocean Rhyme on Etsy
R column, top to bottom - WSS from Paspaley, WSS from Pearl Paradise, grey akoya from Takahashi, white akoya from Takahashi, white akoya from Mikimoto
(They're all round - the oval-ness is just the pic!)

I wear the Takahashi white (9.5-10mm) and blue (9-9.5mm) akoya the most. For me it's an easy and fuss-free everyday size. But my stud collection prizes are the Takahashi whites and katbran's deep golds - I *know* there's no way I'd be able to find those again. Perfectly matched 9.5+ gem akoya, these days? Pipe dreams. And those deep golds, also superbly matched, apparently she'd been holding them for half a decade!

1688868807723.png

The #IncurableCollector part of me wants a pale gold pair, and a green tahitian pair, to "finish" the set... But I know that I wouldn't ever wear either of those. That keeps the covetousness in check. For now.

Just realized I've got a bit of a red white 'n blue thing going on with those akoya there - how July 4th of me :lol:

Those deep golds are incredible and the rest are fabulous too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results