shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your wedding shoes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2005 7:24:21 PM
Author: MelissaSue

Tybee - Awesome! Will you be able to keep yourself from wearing them until the wedding?

ha ha, probably not...that''s the exact reason why we haven''t gone wedding band shopping yet.
Buying something somewhat wedding related made me feel better about not picking a date yet.
Come on cold weather! Keep me from my bridall flops!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have any idea how frustrating it is to know that there are pics of fabolous shoes on this page that everyone else can see and continues to comment on how great they are and I CAN"T SEE THEM!!!!!

AAAAARGH! Everytime I click on this page it freezes and freezes the rest of my computer so i can''t load ANY PICS anywhere!

torture...just plain torture...

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Ok, you asked for it... so here they are... sorry this is kinda late, but it took me a while to find time to take the pix and stuff.

I, um, kinda went a little overboard... I got the top pair of white Ninas at discount shoe warehouse for $35!! yeah! I was pretty happy w/those, but I was kinda worried about the super high heel - I usu don''t wear 3" heels. So I kept shopping... THEN I went to Macy''s this week and found the PINK Ninas... oooh I love pink and I''d seen so many knotties w/this style and I love it... and these were on clearance for $22 bux!!! So I HAD to get those too, even tho the heel is just as freakin high! FI likes the white pair better, but.. for $22 bux I think Im just gonna keep the pink pair and hope I find a dress to match!
2.gif

And, I got the chunky flip flops for the reception - on sale at Target for $7.
Can''t you tell I love to shop SALES?!!
9.gif

shose.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Ginger- I can send you a pic of my shoes if you want! hehe. I''m so sorry you''re having problems w/this page
14.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2005 12:50:47 AM
Author: flopkins
Ginger- I can send you a pic of my shoes if you want! hehe. I''m so sorry you''re having problems w/this page
14.gif
Thanks flopkins...you''re so sweet!! I can actually see your shoes though, its just the first page of this thread that won;t load for me!! I just tried on someone elses connectiona dn computer and it let me seee the shoes only up to NJC''s. Paula W flip flops and on are just a cruel tease
15.gif

I''m gonna keep trying though!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
ginger, I''m having the same problem so I feel your pain. Too sad
8.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ok i copied over all the pics from the first page - I hope this works.
They are in the order posted. I hope I matched them right, my head hurts.
teebee
127394.jpg

MelissaSue
cute%20shoes.jpg

47b5df04b3127cce9f730017c4c900000016108Aat2Tlq0bN6

beth%20feet%20limo.JPG

PnPie
wedshoesarah.jpg

JCJD
weddingshoes01.JPG

JessesGrl
dyeab110804_lg.jpg

qtiekiki
my_gold_strappy_sandals.jpg

njc
VALET010.jpg

njc_shoes25.jpg

PaulaW
8_pw_feet.jpg

Morticia
BridalshoesIlove.jpg

njc
shoes_dress.jpg

Brightspot

sa6075m.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Loveys and on:

shelgeorg.jpg

Dodger Gurl
shoesies2.jpg

shoesies3.jpg

Lolly Bear
shooooes.jpg

tybee
beachflops.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
flopkins you really are just too sweet!!!! unfortunately it still doesn''t load for me(i can only see the samepics i do for the first page), i think it gets stuck trying to load jcjds shoes since i''ve never seen it. no worries, it seems to be working for other people so i''m just gonna keep trying with different computers!

thank yo again...you are just too too sweet! I swear, ppl on ps are just the nicest!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
flopkins! my FI just paused his computer game (Warcraft for anyone who understands my pain) and let me for exactly 30 sec (
20.gif
) since he was mid battle check to see if it would load on his laptop -- and it did!! so i got a brief glimpse of eveything and will confiscate his comp sometime soon to get a good look. No way am I etting to touch it now, the 30 sec was a big enough sacrifice as it was and a true testment to his love for me.
9.gif

thank you again...can''t say that enough!!! isn''t it sad how it blows me away how nice ppl are here? isn''t it a sad testament to the ppl i deal with on a day to day basis in the "real" world? depressing thought. back to shoes!!! i''m, excited now that i''vefigured out the way into the secret club!! yay!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Ginger - I was just gonna post and tell you that for whatever reason, this page, and sometimes a lot of pricescope won''t load on my laptop, but it always does on my PC. Isn''t that funny?! It must be some sort of pricescope glitch!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Just wanted to say be sure that ballet slippers will be comfortable. My daughter wore some when she was a flower girl in my brother''s wedding and she found them to be really uncomfortable. They offer no support or cushioning and you''ll feel every little bump you step on.

Hope whatever you wear is really comfortable for you. Your wedding is no time for hurting feet, shoes that will allow you to turn your ankle while dancing or shoes that keep falling off! :)

lawmax

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Ginger!!!!
My FI is totally addicted to WarCraft! He says it''s okay because I am on Pricescope so much, I"m not so sure!
Hilarious! I

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Hi all... I'm reviving this thread because I got two new pairs of shoes.... hehe! I will be wearing the pink ones w/ the wedding gown and maybe the black ones with my cheongsam, but the pink ones look great w/both!
9.gif
I love pink - did I ever mention that?!
2.gif

myshoes.gif

ETA: the pinks are Alexander Zar (I've never heard of them, but they're Italian made, and WAYYYY more comfy than other heels I've tried - the Italians are the best!) and the blacks are Ann Taylor on sale after Xmas!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2005 1:44:57 AM
Author: gingerBcookie
flopkins! my FI just paused his computer game (Warcraft for anyone who understands my pain) and let me for exactly 30 sec (
20.gif
) since he was mid battle check to see if it would load on his laptop -- and it did!! so i got a brief glimpse of eveything and will confiscate his comp sometime soon to get a good look. No way am I etting to touch it now, the 30 sec was a big enough sacrifice as it was and a true testment to his love for me.
9.gif

thank you again...can''t say that enough!!! isn''t it sad how it blows me away how nice ppl are here? isn''t it a sad testament to the ppl i deal with on a day to day basis in the ''real'' world? depressing thought. back to shoes!!! i''m, excited now that i''vefigured out the way into the secret club!! yay!

OMG Gingercookie... Do I EVER Understand your pain when it comes to Warcraft.. LEROY JENKINS!!! LOL...

Sorry no shoes here yet..

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am wearing platform flip flops that flopkins posted....I am having the ceremony in a garden, and didn''t feel like sinking into the grass with stiletto heels. My mom isn''t too crazy about that of course, she''s afraid that there would be the "slap-slap-slap" sound when I''m walking down the aisle but I was thinking I could change the way I walked a little bit so nobody can hear it.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I love PaulaW''s flip flops. Does anyone know who makes them or where to get them?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want these for my shoes, but I don't know where I can try them on. I'm a huge fan of open toe shoes, but with my wedding gown these just look more formal and elegant. They are Liz Rene - Rochelle. Price ~$75

ROCHELLE.jpg

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
AT LAST!!! I have found my shoes! They''re not as tall as I originally wanted, and they are pure white which worries me because my dress is diamond white, but I just LUUUUURRRRVVE them!!!
30.gif

jrw8ec.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Great shoes Flopkins! Love the pink and black ones!
Dodger girl-Those are super cute and look VERY comfy!

Love all the shoes!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Chadwicks has a bridal line.

Shoe Idea 2.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
cute shoes carebear and dodgergurl!

Carebear have you tried looking for them on zappos? they allow returns. Or if they''re wedding shoes mabye try calling some local salons to see if they carry the brand.

dodgergurl - I think the colors will look just fine!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Tybee! Just saw your post - my flip flops are Rocket Dogs and I got them here:
www.whatapair.com.
I wasn''t able to find them on the site, but there are similar ones here:
http://www.whatapair.com/searchresults.aspx?sid=1&cid=42

Mine were called "beach sequin" and the "beach rock" ones are the closest ones. Good luck!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
PaulaW,
What a sweet heart you are!!! I love Rocketdogs!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
These were mine. They were super comfortable, and the thin band of sequence was a perfect match with my dress.

Let''s see if this photo works!

Sums_Shoes2.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous shoes, everyone! FYI, if you are attached at all to the shoes you plan to wear down the aisle, keep in mind they may get dirty at some point during the festivities. I wore my sequin encrusted stiletto sandals down the aisle and brought along another pair I got for $30 but forgot to change into them until it was too late! We had an indoor/outdoor reception and then went to our hotel with a bunch of friends afterwards, and THEN went out for karaoke (don''t ask) and my shoes were totally ruined.
emcry.gif
I should''ve been thinking and had one of my gals in charge of making me change shoes, but I didn''t (thought I could take care of everything, of course) and now I have a pair of dinghy looking shoes I am not willing to pay to have cleaned properly! LOL!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2005 12:49:01 AM
Author: teebee
Well, I''m 5''0'' & FI is 5''10'' so I''m going w/ 3'' heels at a minimum. After working retail for so many years, I''ve got feet of steel (wish I had buns of steel, but no... just feet)... Anyhow, these would not normally appeal to me that much, but I need a little bit of a platform, and a wide enough heel so that I feel fairly steady... So, probably these, which are 4'':

127394.jpg

But I''m thinking of having them dyed hot pink? Or maybe green to match my BM dresses, rather than ivory - I''m just weird that way!
19.gif
Teebee--did you ever get these shoes? I was looking at this exact pair b/c of the 4" heal and the platform (I gotta make up the 11" difference btwn FH and me). I was hesistant to buy them without trying them on but I really can''t find any that I like in the shops. If I knew these were comfie I''d buy them online without trying on. Thanks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
selflove- i wore a similar pair to prom several years ago. they were comfy. the only prob. for me was that they were a little *too* high. i got cramps in my legs. this coming from a girl who wears heels EVERY day.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a teeny problem, my BF is 14 inches taller than I am, and although when we met I was a high heel queen (I literally ran in 4 inchers), now my feet (the part under the toes, specifically) can''t take the pain. I don''t want any cramps, or pains, but I also don''t want to have totally odd looking pictures with him having to stand in a hole. And the first dance? How?
33.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Let me just say first that I "heart" this thread. Shoes are my passion!!

Second, I sympathize with all of you who have such a height difference. I dated and went to prom w/ some who was 6''7 1/2" and I am 5''6". I managed to find high heels - 4" (no one recognized me b/c I was so much taller!) but the definitely weren''t very cute.

To aleviate the pain of those high heels try to put some padding in those shoes. I swear by Foot Petals. They are an adhesive pad that you can either put under just the ball of your foot or in the entire length of the shoe (and they don''t show in open-toes) They have a website or you can find them at Nordstrom. I guess that''s also how Heather Locklear wears her super high heels.

If mycurrent boyfriend ever proproses to me (sigh) I''ll now have the opposite problem. I love high heeled shoes but he''s only 5''8 1/2" which does leave much room for me to wear nice tall shoes.

Good luck!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results