shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your wedding shoes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
trying to figure out what i''m gonna wear. FI is on the shorter side, so i''m thinking ballet slippers vs teeny tiney quarter inch stilettos. i have these ivory strappy quarter inh stiletto heel strappies from banana republic that i had been planning to wear as my something old, but now looking at them they look a little too beat up
8.gif
so i havet o figure out something else. i''ve been looking for cute ballet slippers that lace up jus tlike the real ones. other than buying actual pro shoes, anyone seen anything similar?

don''t forget to post your shoes!

ballet1 copy.JPG

elephant

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I can't really plan anything until I move, but I saw some I really loved -- Steve Madden. Not usually a huge fan of Steve's, but they're this really pretty brocade? Anyway, I can't find a picture of them.... Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about?

As far as ballet slippers, have you tried googling them?

HTH!

ETA: What about these?

http://www.bridalshoes.com/ribbon-ch.htm

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore 2.5" heels and switched to flip flops after the first set of photos after the ceremony.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m 5''0" & FI is 5''10" so I''m going w/ 3" heels at a minimum. After working retail for so many years, I''ve got feet of steel (wish I had buns of steel, but no... just feet)... Anyhow, these would not normally appeal to me that much, but I need a little bit of a platform, and a wide enough heel so that I feel fairly steady... So, probably these, which are 4":

127394.jpg

But I''m thinking of having them dyed hot pink? Or maybe green to match my BM dresses, rather than ivory - I''m just weird that way!
19.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oooh teebee those shoes hurt me just to look at! Lol. I do NOT have feet of steel. I wear old lady flats to my retail job.. lol.. And sneakers for waitressing. I''m super super picky about shoes being comfortable. And super wimpy if they''re not!

I am gonna wear THESE shoes.. I think..
cute%20shoes.jpg

And then also get a pair of pretty flip flops or ballet slippers.
I love these ballet slippers
47b5df04b3127cce9f730017c4c900000016108Aat2Tlq0bN6
I just am I a little bit afraid of them not being comfy!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oh.. and ginger.. for my friends wedding, I talked her into wearing ballet slippers, because i knew any other shoes would hurt her feet, and she added the pretty laces herself. She just bought some ribbon.. i think it was a lacy ribbon.
and her and another one of the bridesmaids attached the ribbons and I think they may have added some other decorations too.
you can kinda see them here
beth%20feet%20limo.JPG

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine...Twinkle by Chinese Laundry in Pearl. I love them!

wedshoesarah.jpg

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine. Bought them from Target 3 years ago for my mom''s second wedding. She, my sister, and I all have a pair. They were my something old and something blue.

weddingshoes01.JPG

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am wearing these, I had them dyed a very pale rose color to match the detail in my dress

dyeab110804_lg.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mines. The heels are 3.5 inches. I had no problem wearing heels for a long period of time. Good things these sandals are super comfy, and the straps doesn''t dig into my feet like other sandals. Plus they were only $20, they are so cute and I can wear them again.

my_gold_strappy_sandals.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
elephant - i did try googling it and came up with not much. those ballet flats at your link are exactly what i was looking for!!!! i think i''m going to order them ans see. if i end up notlikeing them, i think they said its a full refund, minus shipping.

all the shoes are so cute! i''m a teensy bitt aller than FI, so although normally it doesn''t matter,i kinda don''t want to be towering over him at our wedding!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2005 10:13:27 PM
Author: gingerBcookie

i''m a teensy bitt aller than FI, so although normally it doesn''t matter,i kinda don''t want to be towering over him at our wedding!
Same here... so i was on a mission to find flats, which seemed impossible at first! I found some Steve Maddens first (elephant, i think they may be the ones you like?) but the heel was too high and they were uncomfortable, but they were EXACTLY what i wanted. Then i came across the ones i got from Nine West, which were everything i loved about the Steve Maddens, without the big heel and they were comfortable!!!

I think these were the Maddens... is this what you like elephant?

VALET010.jpg

And mine. The one on the bottom is the color i got (silver). They matched my dress so well it was ridiculous. The photographer got a good pic, but of course we dont have them yet! They were comfy too.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Trying again...

njc_shoes25.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I got married on a beach so I went with flip flops...

8_pw_feet.jpg

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have mine yet. (Haven't even set the date or anything yet.
6.gif
) But I LOVE these by Cynthia Rowley. I want them.

BridalshoesIlove.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I found a pic of my shoes and dress... not the best, but it at least shows them together. Thats my MOHs hand by the way... she really didnt put my garter on, it was just for the pics!
9.gif

shoes_dress.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2005 1:36:01 AM
Author: MelissaSue
oooh teebee those shoes hurt me just to look at! Lol. I do NOT have feet of steel. I wear old lady flats to my retail job.. lol.. And sneakers for waitressing. I''m super super picky about shoes being comfortable. And super wimpy if they''re not!

I am gonna wear THESE shoes.. I think..
cute%20shoes.jpg

And then also get a pair of pretty flip flops or ballet slippers.
I love these ballet slippers
47b5df04b3127cce9f730017c4c900000016108Aat2Tlq0bN6
I just am I a little bit afraid of them not being comfy!
Are the shoes from David''s Bridal???

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ginger, what about these from BrideSave?

sa6075m.jpg

Link

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
aaaargh! I don''t know what''s wrong with my computer but everytime I try to load this page it won''t show me any of the pics!!! I WANNA SEE SHOES!!!!!

deep breath...i am slightly stressed and may be, just MAY be over-reacting.
19.gif

whew.. i''m ok. I guess I''ll have to wait to see the shoes tomorrow.
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Lmurden - yes. the first shoes are from davids. Actually that picture is of another brand but the same shoe.. but I''m gonna get the Davids ones, I think!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
PaulaW,
I love the flip flops, I''m getting married on the beach too, I''m probably going to do the same thing.
Did you give your bridesmaids their flops as a gift? That picture is too cute!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, here's a pic of mine. Love 'em! Shelly George is the designer.

shelgeorg.jpg

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely, those shoes are adorable. I love them!
36.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh, a thread about shoes!!! Awesome! Your gals'' shoes are all so lovely! Here is a pair I thought were REALLY cute but decided against because they aren''t tall enough.

shoesies2.jpg

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
The pair I am currently debating over. I just love the look, but they really don''t look comfortable at all to me!!! Whaddya girls think???

shoesies3.jpg

elephant

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/22/2005 10:56:25 AM
Author: njc
Trying again...

njc -- They''re similar colors (and MAY be the same fabric), but these were high heels and I THOUGHT maybe they had some kind of fabric folding or something....?

elephant

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2005 7:13:41 PM
Author: Dodger Gurl
The pair I am currently debating over. I just love the look, but they really don''t look comfortable at all to me!!! Whaddya girls think???

Actually some of my most comfortable shoes are thong heels.... But, I wear heels all the time, so I''m pretty used to them! But, I don''t know about the metal?

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I'm slightly taller than my FI but I'm wearing small heels anyway. I feel odd wearing flats and everyone is used to me be taller so I don't think it'll be weird. I really like how comfortable they are and that they have the open toe (I can keep my tootsies cool while I get my boogie on).
2.gif

shooooes.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
ha ha ha!
Don''t have a wedding date yet, but maybe I found my wedding flip flops.
I got these at JCrew last night.
the straps are silver.

beachflops.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Lollybear - those shoes were my second faves from Davids. I still have a little bit of a love for those Chinese Laundry shoes that PunchNPie is wearing.. so I haven''t bought the sparkly davids ones yet.. I just think that the chinese laundry ones are too clunky for my delicate little dress.

Dodgergurl - I like both of your pairs of shoes, but I like the second pair better!

Tybee - Awesome! Will you be able to keep yourself from wearing them until the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results