shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s arm shot of my Perlees stacked with my tennis bracelets out in the wild 5E6C0EC9-A194-429F-98C3-006DC2AD655F.jpeg

Love the splash of rose gold in this all-white stack!! I was thinking of doing the opposite - white gold bangle with my otherwise-all-RG.

And all those diamonds, your wrist must be blazing IRL :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I do not remember seeing that blue beauty! I will have to look for a thread on that!

No thread for that one in afraid! Just a few pics somewhere in the CvB thread. I adore the mount but to be honest royal blue isn’t the most flattering on me. It greens me up and washes me out and colour-wise I’m pretty washed out as it is :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DS had just collected my new earrings from Paris. Picked him from the airport, rushed home to unload stuff & off we went catching another flight out of the country for vacations. I had totally no time to examine or admire, simply put one side on for at least a photo or two before locking them away in the home safe. I would say great size for my small lobes. I am in love :appl: 72F3597B-4CC2-428C-B6C5-3966CBA01A91.jpeg

I really really do love these. I want them for exactly the same reason you got them - they’ll match my Perlee without being completely matchy-matchy ❤️

I used to shy from rose gold earrings to be honest. I always thought that since the gold colour fades into my skin a bit, I’ll get more “bang for the buck” with white or yellow metals on the ear. But turns out I really do value what I just like more than “what has most impact”… And I like rose gold, it’s my favourite metal… and I have such a dearth of rose gold earrings!!

So these are high on my wishlist. I’m impressed that you managed to take them off and stash them before leaving - I’d have been tempted to just wear them on my trip :lol: Do you need any alterations or are they comfy for you as-is?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the post! With regard to the watches I think they are beautiful and if you want a watch that can be worn formally they would certainly fit the bill. I was looking at this one but wanted opinions:

ACA43BBD-B372-48B6-B417-5949A2C9EB31.png

My mum likes these new watches too.

Cleaning the strap concerns me… I would def go with a darker colour (which is what my SA recommended too). She’s checking cleaning recommendations - I’ll share anything I hear here.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Love the splash of rose gold in this all-white stack!! I was thinking of doing the opposite - white gold bangle with my otherwise-all-RG.

And all those diamonds, your wrist must be blazing IRL :love:

Thanks. I am trying to incorporate wearing both my Perlees but don’t want to look like the brochure. I wore my RG watch on other arm so it balanced out

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I am trying to incorporate wearing both my Perlees but don’t want to look like the brochure. I wore my RG watch on other arm so it balanced out
I loved the brochure for that release :lol:

Are your bangles comfy on both arms? Or d’you have a preference?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the brochure for that release :lol:

Are your bangles comfy on both arms? Or d’you have a preference?

Yes its Perlee in all its glory. It’s weird as they work on both wrists but I’m a lefty so I prefer to wear on my right arm.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I really really do love these. I want them for exactly the same reason you got them - they’ll match my Perlee without being completely matchy-matchy ❤️

I used to shy from rose gold earrings to be honest. I always thought that since the gold colour fades into my skin a bit, I’ll get more “bang for the buck” with white or yellow metals on the ear. But turns out I really do value what I just like more than “what has most impact”… And I like rose gold, it’s my favourite metal… and I have such a dearth of rose gold earrings!!

So these are high on my wishlist. I’m impressed that you managed to take them off and stash them before leaving - I’d have been tempted to just wear them on my trip :lol: Do you need any alterations or are they comfy for you as-is?

I do like RG very much like you do, just that I haven’t started building a collection before these VCA pieces.

Like it to be subtle & feminine, it just appears to be very attractive to my eyes, lol ;)2
You were right, really tempted to bring along but the country where I am now is still quite sunny & has a high daily C19 new cases hence I won’t think the pretties will be visible under a hat, face mask & sunglasses, lol :lol:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My mum likes these new watches too.

Cleaning the strap concerns me… I would def go with a darker colour (which is what my SA recommended too). She’s checking cleaning recommendations - I’ll share anything I hear here.

Thanks! I think a dark strap is the way to go- I haven’t checked out the leather options in person though.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks

I have one of these bracelet-putter-onner-devices:

IMG_7250.jpg

Here's how it works:

IMG_7249.jpg

With my other hand (the one that's holding my phone) I grab the lobster clasp and clasp it shut.

Not gonna lie. The fact that the bracelet takes a few minutes to put on makes me not wear it as much. I do still wear it and love it though, but its not an effortless "grab and go" jewelry piece. Mornings I'm rushing like a crazy lady to get out the door, I skip wearing it.

One other tip I've learned by doing, is do not put your hand moisturizer on before putting the bracelet on. If my hands/fingers are at all moisturized, even when I think its been well absorbed, my fingers are too slippery to manage the clasp as nimbly. So I put the bracelet on, then slide it up my arm as far as it will go to get it out of the way while I put my hand lotion on. (Obviously, try not to get lotion on your bracelet, it may damage the onyx over time, and really isn't good for your jewelry in general.)

@RunningwithScissors , does this work putting on a tennis bracelet? I have some trouble getting my clasp together on my own but don’t want to ask for help…. I worry I am stressing the setting on mine. Thank you for any tips you may have!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick super fancy car logo pic from yesterday :lol:

I think the Mikimoto is a permanent addition, these days I never reach for the bangles without adding that one too ❤️

847CEC10-FB7B-4749-8BF7-93E9B653B70D.jpeg

Love your miki with it. Makes all the pieces pop.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just submitted an SO request. Excited to see what I’ll get quoted. Very few people would want this. More onyx and WG Alhambra, sweet earrings and vintage pendant. I think the price will be exorbitant for what it is. I’ll just have to see if I can stomach it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just submitted an SO request. Excited to see what I’ll get quoted. Very few people would want this. More onyx and WG Alhambra, sweet earrings and vintage pendant. I think the price will be exorbitant for what it is. I’ll just have to see if I can stomach it.

They will when they see your photos if you do it! You singlehandedly made me want carnelian in WG - that was a combo I’d never given any thought to before I saw your bracelet!! ❤️

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors , does this work putting on a tennis bracelet? I have some trouble getting my clasp together on my own but don’t want to ask for help…. I worry I am stressing the setting on mine. Thank you for any tips you may have!!

Hi @MamaBear :wavey:

That's a good question! I honestly have never tried. I don't see why not -- its just a grabber, so it holds one end in place. You'll have your other hand free to make the latch connection.

What kind of latching mechanism does your tennis bracelet have?

My CZ tennis bracelet is locked away at the moment (having work done at my house so all my sparklies are locked away). But as soon as I have them back I'll test it out and let you know how it goes.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: BEAUTIFUL!! Tiger's eye and yellow gold is such a sublime combination.:appl:

Reactions: CMN

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I am in Seoul.
Came across a couple of VCA boutiques but so hard to even pay a visit as waiting time was always long & one even said they had all slots taken up for the day (that was around 4pm).
I must also admit I didn’t try harder as I was scared if I were to make any purchase.......
Remember our PS Ban Island?

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Forgive me if I’m posting this in the wrong place, but PSA: there is a VCA exhibition at the Design Museum in London 23 Sept to 20 Oct.

Tickets for a guided tour need to be booked in advance but are free!

I’ll be going next Sat at 11am. Maybe/hopefully see another PSer there :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very first VCA purchase.
D56011C3-49AF-4C91-98FC-F01FD30684E2.jpeg
Your TE is very pretty :love: I like TE with lots of striations. I really think this stone is one of the most underrated neutrals for warm complexions! ❤️

Reactions: CMN

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I have a question. I'm headed to Paris soon and I'd like to go to the VCA "mothership". It that the one on the Place Vendôme? (Looks like there are 5 VCA boutiques in Paris.) Do I need to call ahead and schedule an appointment? Can anyone recommend a particular sales associate that you like or have had a good experience with? I'll also be in Zurich, Switzerland, and it looks like there is a boutique there too, does anyone know if that boutique is worth a visit?

Last edited:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a question. I'm headed to Paris soon and I'd like to go to the VCA "mothership". It that the one on the Place Vendôme? (Looks like there are 5 VCA boutiques in Paris.) Do I need to call ahead and schedule an appointment? Can anyone recommend a particular sales associate that you like or have had a good experience with? I'll also be in Zurich, Switzerland, and it looks like there is a boutique there too, does anyone know if that boutique is worth a visit?

Hello, I’ve not been to Paris since before the outbreak, and unfortunately can’t help with an SA. However, the last time I visited Paris I went to L’ecole and attended this course: https://www.lecolevancleefarpels.co...having-access-van-cleef-arpels-creations-4h-0
I strongly recommend it for any jewellery nut or van cleef fan. There is a short lecture/ discussion at the beginning, then you get taken round the VCA workshops and see where the jewellery is made. Amongst other things I saw a zipper necklace, and frivole ring being made. We also went to the lapidary and saw a gentleman hand cutting rubies to place in a mystery set piece of jewellery. The whole experience was just magical!!! I had so much more respect for the brand once I’d seen the inner workings and one day I will get something from the frivole line in honour of my trip. Also it’s top secret! No videos or photos are allowed within the atelier. You have to sign an NDA on entering!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hello, I’ve not been to Paris since before the outbreak, and unfortunately can’t help with an SA. However, the last time I visited Paris I went to L’ecole and attended this course: https://www.lecolevancleefarpels.co...having-access-van-cleef-arpels-creations-4h-0
I strongly recommend it for any jewellery nut or van cleef fan. There is a short lecture/ discussion at the beginning, then you get taken round the VCA workshops and see where the jewellery is made. Amongst other things I saw a zipper necklace, and frivole ring being made. We also went to the lapidary and saw a gentleman hand cutting rubies to place in a mystery set piece of jewellery. The whole experience was just magical!!! I had so much more respect for the brand once I’d seen the inner workings and one day I will get something from the frivole line in honour of my trip. Also it’s top secret! No videos or photos are allowed within the atelier. You have to sign an NDA on entering!

Hey RosieR! :wavey:

That's a fabulous idea! I'm going to see if I can sign up, it sounds like something I'd love to do. Thanks so much for suggesting it!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results