shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, I do not own VCA but love to look over your lovelies. I wanted to post an idea just because I have always appreciated y'alls help on my own sparkly journey. To provide more room at the clasp, would it be possible to remove links from areas 3/4 and then add to 1/6? Please excuse the mock up. It may affect how the central motifs lie unfavorably but wanted to throw it out there for those with more experience. Image 8-23-22 at 11.20 AM.jpg

VCA will adjust only in very specific ways. They used to be more loosey goosey about it, but these days if you want a certain number of links taken out or added, there is only one way that they’ll make those adjustments.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can use a bracelet helper

6093F1A6-4B90-4428-A725-E5FC0F6E14EC.jpeg
I take my earlier post back!! I definitely need a beautiful bracelet helper!

An engraved one in rose gold, I think, burnished with gemstones… That would definitely help me put my bracelets on…

My bracelets are about the same proportions my my wrists. I found that if I let the end with the jump ring dangle juuuust right, I can hook the clasp through pretty quickly. I also have to make sure the bracelet is completely flat and doesn't have a single twist in it. Otherwise it'll shorten the bracelet just enough to make it nearly impossible to put on.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I do not own VCA but love to look over your lovelies. I wanted to post an idea just because I have always appreciated y'alls help on my own sparkly journey. To provide more room at the clasp, would it be possible to remove links from areas 3/4 and then add to 1/6? Please excuse the mock up. It may affect how the central motifs lie unfavorably but wanted to throw it out there for those with more experience. Image 8-23-22 at 11.20 AM.jpg

In theory I would actually love to do that. Buuuuut from what I understand, VCA is pretty strict about how they will alter things, and I don’t think they would do it. I wouldn’t want anyone other than VCA to work on it, either.

So, it looks like I will be practicing my chain link fastening skills! And wearing this a good bit. Tbh, I just love it, and this is incentive not to be taking it on and off all the time. Just put it on and leave it. (Except for showers and workouts, obviously).

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I take my earlier post back!! I definitely need a beautiful bracelet helper!

An engraved one in rose gold, I think, burnished with gemstones… That would definitely help me put my bracelets on…

Ya know, you could start a whole line….

In all seriousness, the one @RunningwithScissors recommended is ergonomically correct. And the part that grabs your bracelet is coated or padded so it won’t scratch it. That works for me. As nice as the pretty one looks, the big fat handle of the ergo one is really helpful.

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have this sweet alhambra heart pendant? It looks so cute on website. I wonder what it looks like in person as I am considering it... 1661673673534.png

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have this sweet alhambra heart pendant? It looks so cute on website. I wonder what it looks like in person as I am considering it... 1661673673534.png

I don't have it but I tried it on. It's super tiny and super light. It is cute though.

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
I don't have it but I tried it on. It's super tiny and super light. It is cute though.

@Phoenix Thanks a lot for letting me know your thought about it! Have you by any chance also tried the sweet alhambra below? I wonder if it's also too tiny? Unfortunately I don't have a VCA boutique near me, so your suggestion is very valuable to me and very much appreciated!
1661700125115.png

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix Thanks a lot for letting me know your thought about it! Have you by any chance also tried the sweet alhambra below? I wonder if it's also too tiny? Unfortunately I don't have a VCA boutique near me, so your suggestion is very valuable to me and very much appreciated!
1661700125115.png

I didn't try this one on. But I've had a sweet pave bracelet with 6 tiny motifs like this.

It's cute if you want dainty jewellery.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1661700125115.png

Those motifs are about 9-10mm in diameter (that’s edge to edge - including beaded gold exterior). They’re dainty. The Vintage quatrefoils are ~16mm diameter edge to edge, for reference.

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Those motifs are about 9-10mm in diameter (that’s edge to edge - including beaded gold exterior). They’re dainty. The Vintage quatrefoils are ~16mm diameter edge to edge, for reference.

Thanks @yssie!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I am interested in the Vintage Alhambra 5 motif Mother of Pearl yellow gold bracelet. I was able to see three bracelets in person a couple of weeks ago. All of the bracelets had about 2 motifs with beautiful iridescence and then the other 3 were more of a flat white. I held off on buying one because I was hoping to find a bracelet where all 5 motifs had lovely iridescence. Is that reasonable? For those of you with MOP bracelets, do you find there is consistency in iridescence for all 5 motifs? I'd love some advice. Thank you!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am interested in the Vintage Alhambra 5 motif Mother of Pearl yellow gold bracelet. I was able to see three bracelets in person a couple of weeks ago. All of the bracelets had about 2 motifs with beautiful iridescence and then the other 3 were more of a flat white. I held off on buying one because I was hoping to find a bracelet where all 5 motifs had lovely iridescence. Is that reasonable? For those of you with MOP bracelets, do you find there is consistency in iridescence for all 5 motifs? I'd love some advice. Thank you!!
1639163085639.png

I'd say it's pretty impossible. I've looked at quite a few bracelets and necklaces. Not all the motifs will display prominent iridescence. If you can get 2 or 3 out of 5, I'd take it.

Anyone here have experience with the VCA watches?

I have a couple of questions since I’m actively considering buying a VCA watch (though purchasing it will take time, it’s a few years away!)

1) for the guilloche bracelet watch:

54A9084F-44F5-4825-A8E6-ACEFEF9630A6.jpeg
- have you tried it on? Is it easy/hard to tell time?
- is it comfortable? Do the motifs flip?
- is it easy to put on?
- would this work for “black tie”?

2) for the guilloche leather strap watch:
A6DD11CD-9BFE-48CF-9736-A7538B447911.jpeg
- in your opinion would having this watch scratch your itch for the guilloche bracelet watch? What if you also purchased the guilloche bracelet / pave & guilloche bracelet?
- would this watch on its own qualify as “black tie”?

In general, do you find that the VCA VA bracelets tend to flip? My wrist is ~6in. Are they difficult to put on? Do they bang into things a lot? Have you damaged your guilloche or MOP bracelets by wearing them often (remove to shower, sleep, exercise etc. Just regular use).

Thank you so much for the help!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I'd say it's pretty impossible. I've looked at quite a few bracelets and necklaces. Not all the motifs will display prominent iridescence. If you can get 2 or 3 out of 5, I'd take it.

Thank you for your reply Phoenix! I admire your collection so much - particularly your turquoise! I will go back and take another look and see which one seems the best out of the group.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your reply Phoenix! I admire your collection so much - particularly your turquoise! I will go back and take another look and see which one seems the best out of the group.

Thank you. And you're very welcome. Please take a ton of pics of your new pretty.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
My DS had just collected my new earrings from Paris. Picked him from the airport, rushed home to unload stuff & off we went catching another flight out of the country for vacations. I had totally no time to examine or admire, simply put one side on for at least a photo or two before locking them away in the home safe. I would say great size for my small lobes. I am in love :appl: 72F3597B-4CC2-428C-B6C5-3966CBA01A91.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DS had just collected my new earrings from Paris. Picked him from the airport, rushed home to unload stuff & off we went catching another flight out of the country for vacations. I had totally no time to examine or admire, simply put one side on for at least a photo or two before locking them away in the home safe. I would say great size for my small lobes. I am in love :appl: 72F3597B-4CC2-428C-B6C5-3966CBA01A91.jpeg

Congratulations!! Beautiful on you!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous! Is that the rose gold? Looks like it was made for you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful and totally on my wishlist too!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick super fancy car logo pic from yesterday :lol:

I think the Mikimoto is a permanent addition, these days I never reach for the bangles without adding that one too ❤️

847CEC10-FB7B-4749-8BF7-93E9B653B70D.jpeg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

I think the Mikimoto is a permanent addition, these days I never reach for the bangles without adding that one too ❤️

Gorgeous! I do not remember seeing that blue beauty! I will have to look for a thread on that!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone here have experience with the VCA watches?

I have a couple of questions since I’m actively considering buying a VCA watch (though purchasing it will take time, it’s a few years away!)

1) for the guilloche bracelet watch:

54A9084F-44F5-4825-A8E6-ACEFEF9630A6.jpeg
- have you tried it on? Is it easy/hard to tell time?
- is it comfortable? Do the motifs flip?
- is it easy to put on?
- would this work for “black tie”?

2) for the guilloche leather strap watch:
A6DD11CD-9BFE-48CF-9736-A7538B447911.jpeg
- in your opinion would having this watch scratch your itch for the guilloche bracelet watch? What if you also purchased the guilloche bracelet / pave & guilloche bracelet?
- would this watch on its own qualify as “black tie”?

In general, do you find that the VCA VA bracelets tend to flip? My wrist is ~6in. Are they difficult to put on? Do they bang into things a lot? Have you damaged your guilloche or MOP bracelets by wearing them often (remove to shower, sleep, exercise etc. Just regular use).

Thank you so much for the help!

Love the post! With regard to the watches I think they are beautiful and if you want a watch that can be worn formally they would certainly fit the bill. I was looking at this one but wanted opinions:

ACA43BBD-B372-48B6-B417-5949A2C9EB31.png

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

I love love the entire stack. The pearl bracelet is the icing on a perfectly frosted cake. It’s the personalization of the stack that makes it everything

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

Ahhh these three bangles work so well together. I love the subtle diamond details of the clovers paired with the high shine mirror of the Signature. And that Mikimoto tops it off with elegance!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results