shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl:Yay!!! So glad you got what you wanted!!! The ring is absolutely gorgeous.. looks fabulous on your slender hand as well. Question.. is it as comfortable as a " regular" ring to wear?

Thank you, @Rubies-R-Me !

It is a different feeling from a standard ring. However, this btf ring is so low profile it doesn't get in the way when I wear it. It gives me the bold visual impact that I'm looking for!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the 2022 holiday pendant? 0BB43578-5F9A-4476-854B-A72E67CA2E6E.png

I was surprisingly offered the 2022 HP yesterday--my SA has described the color as a seafoam green one. I love WG and diamonds so I took the plunge this year! I will report back with pics after I receive it...

Last edited:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I was surprisingly offered the 2022 HP yesterday--my SA has described the color as a seafoam green one. I love WG and diamonds so I took the plunge this year! I will report back with pics after I receive it...
Wonder why were you even surprised given your profile?
Your VCA collection is TDF o_O
I might pass as I am not really into pendant or necklaces but am still excited seeing yours here =)2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Seafoam green is a beautiful colour for your complexion @m-2-b :love: If you gave me a lineup of colours and asked me to pick for you - this icy greeney blue and a baby pink would be my first picks! Can’t wait to hear what you think!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seafoam green is a beautiful colour for your complexion @m-2-b :love: If you gave me a lineup of colours and asked me to pick for you - this icy greeney blue and a baby pink would be my first picks! Can’t wait to hear what you think!!

You know my tastes too well, @yssie ! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will love it in real life, too!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Exciting! It looks like a gorgeous piece. And your new diamond melee rings is TDF! You are what my husband calls "sparkled up" with all your new pretties!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, @Missie1 ! I'm glad you are a WG VCA fan as well!

Still debating on the matching butterfly earrings but I think I need something Frivole next!

Yes I’m building my WG collection now. The butterflies are amazing on the ear but since you have the amazing ring I would go for Frivole next for a little variation.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I’m building my WG collection now. The butterflies are amazing on the ear but since you have the amazing ring I would go for Frivole next for a little variation.

Exactly my thinking! The beautiful Frivole flower earrings with the butterfly ring!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What's next for you, @Missie1 ? Are you going to get something before the price increase on the 13th?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
USA price hike of 5% across the board hits October 13.

I feel bad for SAs right now. Between holiday pendant drama, and now price increase drama, and without improvement in inventory - there are just a ton of unhappy customers… The SAs can’t be having a good time of it.

I’ve got a significant-to-me piece in the works that I put a 30% deposit on a several weeks ago. It’s not even made yet - ETA January-ish on production. My SA is verifying that my deposit holds the price… Which means there’s some chance it doesn’t. Not going to lie, I will be tremendously unhappy with the brand if I’m not grandfathered in.

:wall:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
USA price hike of 5% across the board hits October 13.

I feel bad for SAs right now. Between holiday pendant drama, and now price increase drama, and without improvement in inventory - there are just a ton of unhappy customers… The SAs can’t be having a good time of it.

I’ve got a significant-to-me piece in the works that I put a 30% deposit on a several weeks ago. It’s not even made yet - ETA January-ish on production. My SA is verifying that my deposit holds the price… Which means there’s some chance it doesn’t. Not going to lie, I will be tremendously unhappy with the brand if I’m not grandfathered in.

:wall:

My SA confirmed that for now my pricing isn’t affected. VCA has some really strange rules that I won’t even try to get into just yet, but… I’m fine for now. Phew!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay. Gotta be honest. I’ve spent the last few days not really knowing how I feel about VCA as a brand.

These holiday pendant antics… They’re just gross. Catty, tacky, and snobby. I mean, who didn’t get picked last in gym class at least once? I don’t object to limiting special order privileges to clients who’s spent a certain amount. I don’t object to saving rare materials for clients who’ve been loyal to the brand. But to make an entry-pricepoint piece that’s never been limited and that’s not even a real stone “invitation-only”, and to refuse to outline any sort of logical rubric for how people are chosen, it’s the Hermes game to a T.

And I don’t patronize Hermes, and I never well. I don’t patronize jewellers whose business practices I disagree with. I fly Southwest because they treated me well before I travelled for work.

Here’s what I can say about the holiday pendant, from my recent conversation with my SA (USA):
A) Paris did in fact #List eligible clients. Inconceivably enough, VCA’s HQ spent (wasted) time and effort curating an invitation #List for a $4000 piece. The SAs seem to able to recommend people not on that #List if the initially selected customers turn it down.
B) The initial #List did not demand that the client have expressed interest in blue or green stones.
C) The initial #List did not demand that the client favour white gold.
D) The initial #List did not demand that the client collect Alhambra.
E) The initial #List did not demand that the client collect holiday pendants.
F) The initial #List did not demand that the client have purchased any necklaces or pendants previously.
G) The initial #List did not demand that the client have express interest in the brand via event and workshop attendance.
H) The initial #List did not demand that the client have a social media presence of any sort.
In fact, best I can tell, the initial #List evaluated exactly one thing: How wide potential candidates had recently opened their wallets. And y’know what? The SAs are stressed!! I’m in sales. I understand having to say “no” with no reasonable explanation. It’s not a good place to be. Richemont, wake up, that’s a really bad position to have put your employees in!!

My feelings on the brand aside, I really do appreciate my SA. She’s pragmatic, responsive, and disinclined to engage in manipulation gymnastics, and I trust (she’s proven) that she’s actively looking out for my sparkly interests. It appears that VCA has a nontrivial number of brand ambassadors who aren’t like her, unfortunately.

I really hope this crazy ends before “VCA fairy” and “VCA journey” becomes the lexicon... I can say for sure that I don’t have the stomach for that sort of sycophantic desperation :silenced:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Okay. Gotta be honest. I’ve spent the last few days not really knowing how I feel about VCA as a brand.

These holiday pendant antics… They’re just gross. Catty, tacky, and snobby. I mean, who didn’t get picked last in gym class at least once? I don’t object to limiting special order privileges to clients who’s spent a certain amount. I don’t object to saving rare materials for clients who’ve been loyal to the brand. But to make an entry-pricepoint piece that’s never been limited and that’s not even a real stone “invitation-only”, and to refuse to outline any sort of logical rubric for how people are chosen, it’s the Hermes game to a T.

And I don’t patronize Hermes, and I never well. I don’t patronize jewellers whose business practices I disagree with. I fly Southwest because they treated me well before I travelled for work.

Here’s what I can say about the holiday pendant, from my recent conversation with my SA (USA):
A) Paris did in fact #List eligible clients. Inconceivably enough, VCA’s HQ spent (wasted) time and effort curating an invitation #List for a $4000 piece. The SAs seem to able to recommend people not on that #List if the initially selected customers turn it down.
B) The initial #List did not demand that the client have expressed interest in blue or green stones.
C) The initial #List did not demand that the client favour white gold.
D) The initial #List did not demand that the client collect Alhambra.
E) The initial #List did not demand that the client collect holiday pendants.
F) The initial #List did not demand that the client have purchased any necklaces or pendants previously.
G) The initial #List did not demand that the client have express interest in the brand via event and workshop attendance.
H) The initial #List did not demand that the client have a social media presence of any sort.
In fact, best I can tell, the initial #List evaluated exactly one thing: How wide potential candidates had recently opened their wallets. And y’know what? The SAs are stressed!! I’m in sales. I understand having to say “no” with no reasonable explanation. It’s not a good place to be. Richemont, wake up, that’s a really bad position to have put your employees in!!

My feelings on the brand aside, I really do appreciate my SA. She’s pragmatic, responsive, and disinclined to engage in manipulation gymnastics, and I trust (she’s proven) that she’s actively looking out for my sparkly interests. It appears that VCA has a nontrivial number of brand ambassadors who aren’t like her, unfortunately.

I really hope this crazy ends before “VCA fairy” and “VCA journey” becomes the lexicon... I can say for sure that I don’t have the stomach for that sort of sycophantic desperation :silenced:

Read this the other day…

While it can happen in any product category, in luxury any client issue is catastrophic. People buy luxury because they expect extreme value — they look for something special. Almost like falling in love.

And then something goes wrong. Maybe an arrogant salesperson. Maybe the client does not feel valued. Maybe extended waiting times. There are many reasons, but when we are “in love” with a brand, we trust. We believe our love will be returned. And when we don’t feel the same value returned to us, trust is broken and the brand love falls apart.

Breakups happen more often than brands expect, and the high anticipated rate of brand change indicates that customers are growing increasingly impatient with brands.

I have been monitoring the VCA threads as I am looking forward to the WG Guilloche range but if I have to jump through hoops to get them, then forget it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Read this the other day…

While it can happen in any product category, in luxury any client issue is catastrophic. People buy luxury because they expect extreme value — they look for something special. Almost like falling in love.

And then something goes wrong. Maybe an arrogant salesperson. Maybe the client does not feel valued. Maybe extended waiting times. There are many reasons, but when we are “in love” with a brand, we trust. We believe our love will be returned. And when we don’t feel the same value returned to us, trust is broken and the brand love falls apart.

Breakups happen more often than brands expect, and the high anticipated rate of brand change indicates that customers are growing increasingly impatient with brands.

I have been monitoring the VCA threads as I am looking forward to the WG Guilloche range but if I have to jump through hoops to get them, then forget it.

I wonder about this. I guess they’re doing it because it’s working so well for Hermes!! Many potential Hermes customers seem to be willing to overlook being treated quite poorly until they’ve racked up sufficient “prespend” to get an “offer”.

If that’s the case then I don’t really see it continuing. Millennials have the buying power right now and we’re the generation that inspired Mean Girls… I think the generations after us find the idea of propping themselves up by excluding others simply for the sake of doing so much less acceptable. I really don’t see them flocking to woo any big brands’ affections.

I guess we’ll see! At least for right now, people who are “invited” to buy this pendant and don’t want it aren’t allowed to “gift” their “invitations” to other people who aren’t on the #List :lol:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the generations after us find the idea of propping themselves up by excluding others simply for the sake of doing so much less acceptable. I really don’t see them flocking to woo any big brands’ affections.

This is all in relation to how the VCA brand has chosen to handle this situation. Nothing on the customers who were or weren't offered an invite to purchase this year's pendant - absolutely nothing any customers can do!!

I wonder about this. I guess they’re doing it because it’s working so well for Hermes!! Many potential Hermes customers seem to be willing to overlook being treated quite poorly until they’ve racked up sufficient “prespend” to get an “offer”.

If that’s the case then I don’t really see it continuing. Millennials have the buying power right now and we’re the generation that inspired Mean Girls… I think the generations after us find the idea of propping themselves up by excluding others simply for the sake of doing so much less acceptable. I really don’t see them flocking to woo any big brands’ affections.

I guess we’ll see! At least for right now, people who are “invited” to buy this pendant and don’t want it aren’t allowed to “gift” their “invitations” to other people who aren’t on the #List :lol:

I find the Hermes model baffling in the extreme and the thought that VCA is following in their footsteps is just :roll:

I don’t personally want to buy the HP so it doesn’t really affect me, but if this trickles down and affects other VCA pieces that I may want to buy in the future, I would be super annoyed. In general, the concept irritates me. I refuse to purchase Hermes bags simply on principle (even secondhand) because I find the idea that I have to buy other things and “woo” an SA to be allowed to spend yet more money in the store aggravating in the extreme and I neither love the design enough nor want to publicly support that model.

VCA already has pieces and lines that they restrict for VIPs, I don’t understand why this $5k pendant is one of the things they’re restricting. Producing limited quantities and making it first come first serve I totally get, but this is different.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find the Hermes model baffling in the extreme and the thought that VCA is following in their footsteps is just :roll:

I don’t personally want to buy the HP so it doesn’t really affect me, but if this trickles down and affects other VCA pieces that I may want to buy in the future, I would be super annoyed. In general, the concept irritates me. I refuse to purchase Hermes bags simply on principle (even secondhand) because I find the idea that I have to buy other things and “woo” an SA to be allowed to spend yet more money in the store aggravating in the extreme and I neither love the design enough nor want to publicly support that model.

VCA already has pieces and lines that they restrict for VIPs, I don’t understand why this $5k pendant is one of the things they’re restricting. Producing limited quantities and making it first come first serve I totally get, but this is different.
Unlike you, I'm afraid I did walk the it's-coveted-it'll-hold-value-really-well path for a moment. I'm annoyed with myself for even going there, mentally! But no, not for me. There are PSers on whom it will be stunning and I'm really looking forward to their pictures and thoughts!!

Last edited:
Unlike you, I'm afraid I did walk the it's-coveted-it'll-hold-value-really-well path for a moment. I'm annoyed with myself for even going there, mentally! But no, not for me. There are PSers on whom it will be stunning and I'm really looking forward to their pictures and thoughts!!

It’s a totally understandable thought process, though! Tbh you have such a lovely VCA collection @yssie I can’t imagine that they “require” a higher spend out of you in order to sell you something.

But yeah it’s a system that just annoys me. I basically have almost no branded jewelry at all because no matter how pretty I find them, I like the creative control of going custom/the one-of-a-kind factor; but part of the appeal to me for branded pieces is being able to go in and just buy what I like. I don’t like it when brands try to create FOMO but I can accept it when it’s a limited thing or something that they launch especially for their VIPs. But when they encourage people to play “the game” it turns me off. Taking the HP, which was a FOMO thing, and turning it into a VIP thing, turns me off the brand as a whole.

I also wonder, like you said earlier, does this really work? Or will it continue to work in the future? I’m in my late 20s, and I feel like the attitude amongst most of my friends/peers is also, “lol keep it then, I don’t need it anyway” if a brand tries to be pricey. I collect branded handbags, and I’m unabashedly an LV girl, because I find that my LV SAs have gone above and beyond for me in the past, including when my spend with the brand was negligible. The second bag I bought from LV was one of the Christmas editions. It was really difficult to get a hold of, was selling out like crazy, and yet, the SA (who I hadn’t even really developed a relationship with) agreed to hold the bag for me for a day without any deposit, which I believe is not common practice for something that’s so coveted. I was so happy she did that that I basically decided to patronise the brand. I buy other brands also, but the vast majority of my collection is LV, because they’ve always “treated me well”. If I turned around and wanted to buy a bag and they told me I can’t because I don’t buy enough, I’d think “okay cool, keep it then” and I would probably reduce how much money I spend at LV.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a totally understandable thought process, though! Tbh you have such a lovely VCA collection @yssie I can’t imagine that they “require” a higher spend out of you in order to sell you something.

But yeah it’s a system that just annoys me. I basically have almost no branded jewelry at all because no matter how pretty I find them, I like the creative control of going custom/the one-of-a-kind factor; but part of the appeal to me for branded pieces is being able to go in and just buy what I like. I don’t like it when brands try to create FOMO but I can accept it when it’s a limited thing or something that they launch especially for their VIPs. But when they encourage people to play “the game” it turns me off. Taking the HP, which was a FOMO thing, and turning it into a VIP thing, turns me off the brand as a whole.

I also wonder, like you said earlier, does this really work? Or will it continue to work in the future? I’m in my late 20s, and I feel like the attitude amongst most of my friends/peers is also, “lol keep it then, I don’t need it anyway” if a brand tries to be pricey. I collect branded handbags, and I’m unabashedly an LV girl, because I find that my LV SAs have gone above and beyond for me in the past, including when my spend with the brand was negligible. The second bag I bought from LV was one of the Christmas editions. It was really difficult to get a hold of, was selling out like crazy, and yet, the SA (who I hadn’t even really developed a relationship with) agreed to hold the bag for me for a day without any deposit, which I believe is not common practice for something that’s so coveted. I was so happy she did that that I basically decided to patronise the brand. I buy other brands also, but the vast majority of my collection is LV, because they’ve always “treated me well”. If I turned around and wanted to buy a bag and they told me I can’t because I don’t buy enough, I’d think “okay cool, keep it then” and I would probably reduce how much money I spend at LV.

This makes so much sense to me honestly!!

PS is a safe space. I called my SA to ask about the upcoming price increase, and I asked if the pendant drama was legit or kind of getting overblown on the internet. Nope, apparently the chaos is all real! And I was on this pendant list which is silly for all the reasons in #4096 - and my SA knows all those things too so that tells me that SAs didn’t submit names, that’s not how it worked! But the more I thought about it the less funny and more icky it got, precisely because this is an entry-level pricepoint. The chosen target audience is totally not the real-world consumer market and the disparity is just heightening the general angsting.

I’m new to branded pieces. I mean I guess technically I’m not - I think I bought my first piece from VCA in 2014? But for many years I didn’t have a dedicated SA. And my experiences with the brand were perfectly nice but nothing to write home about. A friend introduced me to her SA a few years ago and that’s the person I now call “mine”, and it’s just like you said, my SA has treated me well so that makes me want to buy from the brand. But I’ve not invested anything meaningful in any other big brand, of anything - clothes, shoes, purses, jewellery, watches, vehicles - which lets be honest is probably a good thing :shock: But I don’t have a background for how these big brands normally work.

With my favourite jewellery vendors, we all know I don’t keep personal and professional separate, I call most of them friends! And I absolutely *do* expect to be treated as a priority because (from my perspective anyway) there’s a valued personal relationship as well as money being handed over. I like and appreciate my VCA SA but it’s not the same sort of relationship. Any favours I might get are tied to how much money I spend and how long I keep spending money. So right this minute I’m spending enough that I’m getting some leeway with some things, which is a convenience and a relief but not exactly warm and fuzzy :lol:

Anyway. My ramble for the day.

This makes so much sense to me honestly!!

PS is a safe space. I called my SA to ask about the upcoming price increase, and I asked if the pendant drama was legit or kind of getting overblown on the internet. Nope, apparently the chaos is all real! And I was on this pendant list which is silly for all the reasons in #4096 - and my SA knows all those things too so that tells me that SAs didn’t submit names, that’s not how it worked! But the more I thought about it the less funny and more icky it got, precisely because this is an entry-level pricepoint. The chosen target audience is totally not the real-world consumer market and the disparity is just heightening the general angsting.

I’m new to branded pieces. I mean I guess technically I’m not - I think I bought my first piece from VCA in 2014? But for many years I didn’t have a dedicated SA. And my experiences with the brand were perfectly nice but nothing to write home about. A friend introduced me to her SA a few years ago and that’s the person I now call “mine”, and it’s just like you said, my SA has treated me well so that makes me want to buy from the brand. But I’ve not invested anything meaningful in any other big brand, of anything - clothes, shoes, purses, jewellery, watches, vehicles - which lets be honest is probably a good thing :shock: But I don’t have a background for how these big brands normally work.

With my favourite jewellery vendors, we all know I don’t keep personal and professional separate, I call most of them friends! And I absolutely *do* expect to be treated as a priority because (from my perspective anyway) there’s a valued personal relationship as well as money being handed over. I like and appreciate my VCA SA but it’s not the same sort of relationship. Any favours I might get are tied to how much money I spend and how long I keep spending money. So right this minute I’m spending enough that I’m getting some leeway with some things, which is a convenience and a relief but not exactly warm and fuzzy :lol:

Anyway. My ramble for the day.

The bolded part is actually exactly why I prefer working with my family jeweler on custom pieces vs buying from a #bigbrand. My jeweler is amazing. He goes above and beyond for me on a regular basis. That has engendered significant loyalty from me - I would go to him for literally everything.

#digression over, lol. This has nothing to do with VCA, really, but as a non customer this has turned me off the brand perhaps for good.

P

Petalouda

Well that is disappointing to read. I’ve been eyeing the YG Guilloche bracelet but I, too, am turned off by such tactics and don’t feel the need to prove myself worthy. I’m a bit surprised VCA would try this tactic in an economy that is slowing coupled with rising prices. I’m always perplexed when companies turn away paying customers. My father was your classic rags to riches immigrant story. He would always say “I never understand a business that has a customer with money in their hand and they turn the customer away”.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that is disappointing to read. I’ve been eyeing the YG Guilloche bracelet but I, too, am turned off by such tactics and don’t feel the need to prove myself worthy. I’m a bit surprised VCA would try this tactic in an economy that is slowing coupled with rising prices. I’m always perplexed when companies turn away paying customers. My father was your classic rags to riches immigrant story. He would always say “I never understand a business that has a customer with money in their hand and they turn the customer away”.

No! Please don’t let internet musings shape yours. If you’ve not experienced shopping at VCA yourself - definitely go try things on, especially if there are pieces you know you’d enjoy ❤️ I brought this topic here and I myself will keep patronising the brand unless some personal thresholds are crossed - which they haven’t, and I hope that doesn’t happen!

A lot of these other brands, my understanding is that there’s very little a newcomer can purchase. It’s not that certain items are restricted, it’s that nearly everything is restricted! With VCA the only pieces that are by invitation are special orders, rare materials, regional exclusives, and limited editions - and I guess that last might include the HP moving forward. But one can still walk in and buy anything that’s on display or order basically anything that’s available to make as stock. And honestly, if only people who will love the HP buy it - if the only people buying it are those who will enjoy it themselves or give it to loved ones - then this experiment fades into the annals of we tried something whackadoo once :bigsmile:

My father has exactly the same story. Rags to riches immigrant. Well, not exactly riches, but his situation growing up definitely checked all the “rags” boxes. I didn’t fully understand how he’d grown up until a trip to India as a teenager - it was shocking and humbling and if I’d started where he did I don’t believe I’d be able to tell his story of success. I have some very deep lines in the sand about things like vendor morality and social consciousness and it’s entirely thanks to where he came from. Same as you sounds like. ❤️

Last edited:
P

Petalouda

No! Please don’t let internet musings shape yours. If you’ve not experienced shopping at VCA yourself - definitely go try things on, especially if there are pieces you know you’d enjoy ❤️ I brought this topic here and I myself will keep patronising the brand unless some personal thresholds are crossed - which they haven’t, and I hope that doesn’t happen!

A lot of these other brands, my understanding is that there’s very little a newcomer can purchase. It’s not that certain items are restricted, it’s that nearly everything is restricted! With VCA the only pieces that are by invitation are special orders, rare materials, regional exclusives, and limited editions - and I guess that last might include the HP moving forward. But one can still walk in and buy anything that’s on display or order basically anything that’s available to make as stock. And honestly, if only people who will love the HP buy it - if the only people buying it are those who will enjoy it themselves or give it to loved ones - then this experiment fades into the annals of we tried something whackadoo once :bigsmile:

My father has exactly the same story. Rags to riches immigrant. Well, not exactly riches, but his situation growing up definitely checked all the “rags” boxes. I didn’t fully understand how he’d grown up until a trip to India as a teenager - it was shocking and humbling and if I’d started where he did I don’t believe I’d be able to tell his story of success. I have some very deep lines in the sand about things like vendor morality and social consciousness and it’s entirely thanks to where he came from. Same as you sounds like. ❤️

Thanks, Yssie! I hope I don’t have the same experience. I believe the YG Guilloche bracelet is hard to get and should we go that route, I hope we don’t have to play these games. I’ve bought some pieces from VCA before but nothing high dollar. With the recent move, I’ll need to start a new relationship with a SA.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I spent a magical day in NYC, which included a visit to VCA. I have never been to the NYC location before. It was a great experience- champagne, chocolate, trying on the A Cheval necklace and ring!
I tried on various Alhambra pieces- but when the SA showed me the Magic WG Onyx necklace- I knew it was for me. I recently achieved a personal goal, and this was a great way to celebrate.

IMG_4231.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results