shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could just leave them as clip ons until your ears are fully adjusted and healed.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I had no idea they can change it to platinum posts! Let me ask them right away.
You're right i might have to change all my posts to platinum.

I was nervous to leave it as a clip since it fell off .

It's funny bec i can wear other gold jewelry w no issue.

Eta is rhodium plating for white gold the same as platinum? That's what the vca sa seemed to think but i wasn't sure that is accurate?

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes. Me too. I had worn all kinds of gold, just not through piercings.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eta is rhodium plating for white gold the same as platinum? That's what the vca sa seemed to think but i wasn't sure that is accurate?

No absolutely not the same. White gold and platinum are completely different.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
No absolutely not the same. White gold and platinum are completely different.

That was what i thought but the sa said the wg posts are rhodium dipped. I said right i want pure platinum, & she said the rhodium is a derivative of platinum so it's the same?
I said i didn't think so.
She said she will ask the manager when he is in next week.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
If I were you, I would consult a dermatologist. They may be able to give you stronger cleansers and ointments and advice from a doctor's perspective. They are experts, after all, on healing skin.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That was what i thought but the sa said the wg posts are rhodium dipped. I said right i want pure platinum, & she said the rhodium is a derivative of platinum so it's the same?
I said i didn't think so.
She said she will ask the manager when he is in next week.
Technically she isn’t wrong - rhodium IS part of the platinum group of metals (which includes palladium and ruthenium).

Practically, that’s irrelevant - rhodium plating on jewellery is just a few microns thick, and will wear off sooner or later, exposing whatever metal is underneath. The metal that’s underneath at VCA is 18k white gold, which is 75% gold and 25% other alloys. Most people who are allergic to WG are allergic to nickel, but a few people will react to other non-nickel components as well. Your understanding of what @LLJsmom is recommending is perfect - you want them to use solid platinum, not white gold, regardless of rhodium plating.

I totally agree that anything other than platinum, titanium, and stainless steel aren’t going to good for very sensitive piercings, and definitely keep weight to a minimum until they’re all healed up!! If you wanted something safe and especially sweet to wear for a few months whilst they heal heal - can I recommend these? I have them and I adore them ::)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Technically she isn’t wrong - rhodium IS part of the platinum group of metals (which includes palladium and ruthenium).

Practically, that’s irrelevant - rhodium plating on jewellery is just a few microns thick, and will wear off sooner or later, exposing whatever metal is underneath. The metal that’s underneath at VCA is 18k white gold, which is 75% gold and 25% other alloys. Most people who are allergic to WG are allergic to nickel, but a few people will react to other non-nickel components as well. Your understanding of what @LLJsmom is recommending is perfect - you want them to use solid platinum, not white gold, regardless of rhodium plating.

I totally agree that anything other than platinum, titanium, and stainless steel aren’t going to good for very sensitive piercings, and definitely keep weight to a minimum until they’re all healed up!! If you wanted something safe and especially sweet to wear for a few months whilst they heal heal - can I recommend these? I have them and I adore them ::)

@yssie I'm so glad you found this reply and corrected me. I almost tagged you to make sure I was not saying something wrong. I hope that platinum will work for @Polabowla . I really do think VCA can change the posts for you, at no charge. Those elsa peretti platinum earrings sound like a wonderful interim pair to wear while healing. Let us know what happens.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie I'm so glad you found this reply and corrected me. I almost tagged you to make sure I was not saying something wrong. I hope that platinum will work for @Polabowla . I really do think VCA can change the posts for you, at no charge. Those elsa peretti platinum earrings sound like a wonderful interim pair to wear while healing. Let us know what happens.

Oh. You said nothing wrong that I saw. I think the SA just really didn’t understand ;(

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so i will definitely tell them i need solid platinum posts when the manager calls me next week.
Thanks for explaining it so clearly!

Those peretti earrings are very pretty!
To start i ordered just inexpensive pure platinum ones from blue nile (no stone) just to make sure it helps.

A dermatologist is a good idea too, i might need to find one at some point.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Derm is always a good idea! Sometimes the products we use to help healing actually can have significant side effects. Neosporin for example often causes dermatitis and causes problems instead of promoting healing. It’s all the additives in things, unfortunately, hard to tell sometimes what causes sensitivity. You may be better off with freshly mixed up salt and water. I have gotten skin reactions to a lot of products in the past (including the scented hand sanitizer at the last clinic I worked at!!!) and it’s so annoying.

I do think platinum Is a good idea for the posts and for a small pair to keep the holes open. I have sensitive piercings and I often wear simple platinum bead studs (I got a pair from Blue Nile) until they calm down.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Derm is always a good idea! Sometimes the products we use to help healing actually can have significant side effects. Neosporin for example often causes dermatitis and causes problems instead of promoting healing. It’s all the additives in things, unfortunately, hard to tell sometimes what causes sensitivity. You may be better off with freshly mixed up salt and water. I have gotten skin reactions to a lot of products in the past (including the scented hand sanitizer at the last clinic I worked at!!!) and it’s so annoying.

I do think platinum Is a good idea for the posts and for a small pair to keep the holes open. I have sensitive piercings and I often wear simple platinum bead studs (I got a pair from Blue Nile) until they calm down.

Yes those are the ones i ordered!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Yes those are the ones i ordered!

I hope they work for you! They helped me get my piercings usable after I did not regularly wear earrings for a few years. It only took a few months for me :)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Oh awesome!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But I am not surprised that your ears won’t heal if you are still wearing 14k. First off I would change the metal. And I would say it’s easier to find platinum posts than titanium if you’re wearing high end branded earrings.
And it may take a while before you can wear your vca earrings even if you change the posts because of the weight. You don’t want things dragging on your piercing while they are healing.

I agree to all of this.
Also with 14k gold, different earrings may have different alloys. So maybe you have a sensitivity or allergy to something in the one pair, or maybe your piercings got irritated from you changing the earrings too much too fast. Give them some time to rest and recover, with a comfortable post keeping them pierced. If they need soothing I recommend soaking your lobe in a 1 cup warm water with 1/4tsp non-iodized sea salt, aka a warm saline solution, as it will soothe an angry lobe and promote healing. Try to not fiddle with the pierced holes for a few weeks.

Big time I agree if you can get platinum posts on the VCA earrings, that would be ideal. Platinum and titanium are VERY inert / non-reactive, so that would be fab.

Good luck!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Put down a deposit for this magic pave Alhambra pendant in WG yesterday. Will pay in full and pick it up in a couple of weeks' time.

1620109364917.png

1620109393322.png

This is beautiful. A great size on you and love the dress too.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Put down a deposit for this magic pave Alhambra pendant in WG yesterday. Will pay in full and pick it up in a couple of weeks' time.

1620109364917.png

1620109393322.png

That looks amazing on you, Phoenix! Just perfect!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1620109364917.png

1620109393322.png

That is a fabulous piece for you to add!!! :love: The dress is beautiful,too!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

1620109364917.png

1620109393322.png

Beautiful! What a great piece to add to your collection. Enjoy!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Question... considering the MoP pure or sweets earrings- does the white MoP have any color play or does it usually "read" a solid color? I'm wanting some color play (do not have a boutique close so I cannot see them in person) and am curious if the white has color play like the grey? Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question... considering the MoP pure or sweets earrings- does the white MoP have any color play or does it usually "read" a solid color? I'm wanting some color play (do not have a boutique close so I cannot see them in person) and am curious if the white has color play like the grey? Thanks!

Yes, the white can have irridescence, but when you look at someone with these on, they are pretty much going to look white. You have to hold them and move them in certain light to see it. In my opinion, sweets are too small to really be concerned about this.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I got a text from my SA yesterday, saying the bracelet I have been waiting for has arrived! I went to get it today (it's my mothers day gift from DH and DDs) and tried on some other fun things too. First one is my new vintage Alhambra bracelet in rose gold:

IMG_0990.jpeg
I love it so much!

A couple of rings, just LOVE them, but they are not in the cards. The frivole was too small to try on my ring finger:
IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_0997.jpeg

And a sweet butterfly necklace, draped on my wrist:

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 32

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a text from my SA yesterday, saying the bracelet I have been waiting for has arrived! I went to get it today (it's my mothers day gift from DH and DDs) and tried on some other fun things too. First one is my new vintage Alhambra bracelet in rose gold:

IMG_0990.jpeg
I love it so much!

A couple of rings, just LOVE them, but they are not in the cards. The frivole was too small to try on my ring finger:
IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_0997.jpeg

How fun! I have the same bracelet in yg! I think it's a great choice! Happy Mother's Day!

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Love everybody’s pieces! Dropped by the boutique to pick up the solid YG 5 motifs bracelet before the price increase as well and got to try on some lovely pieces!

The onyx and YG bracelets combination is just so stunning together, and the sweet butterfly pendant is just so perfect for a stack! Only brought the bracelet home though, but it was still very fun to try on the pieces!

BB30DB21-9D8B-4280-AC3E-CCB6BCE9ABF9.jpeg 60F1E8BA-14D5-41AB-A0DA-9C9A5333771C.jpeg

0F1BCE68-4B22-4355-A44B-A0B7D923F0FA.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0990.jpeg
I love it so much!

IMG_0996.jpeg

IMG_0997.jpeg

Your new bracelet is a classic & it looks fabulous on you!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
How fun! I have the same bracelet in yg! I think it's a great choice! Happy Mother's Day!

Thanks, @diamondseeker2006! Happy Mother's day to you too!

I cant wait to wear it! It's sitting in its packaging, waiting for Sunday. I've wanted one for ages, and have been trying to decide among the yg one, the guilloche and the rg. Rose won because my DH liked it the most and that just tipped the scale for me. My SA also gave me a mother's day gift box which will be opened tomorrow as well. I assume its chocolate? It has a lollipop on the outside!
IMG_1005.jpeg IMG_1006.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results