shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be a silly question, but for those of you with a single motif bracelet, how do you keep the motif from going to the bottom of your wrist where you can't see it?

You don't! They do spin. Unless you push them far enough up your forearm that they kinda "stick" in place, which is what I usually wind up doing. Upside is - unlike DBTY styles with larger stones, there's nothing pokey about the VCA single motifs ::)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Tried on the 3 motif pave wg. Also stunning but i preferred the contrast w onxy.
And no pics of the malachite 3 motif (stunning but i loved the onxy more)

Love, love, love both the onyx one you purchased and this piece you tried on! I think you made the right choice, but gosh that would have been so difficult to decide! I bet you had so much fun at the boutique.

You must keep us updated on all the fun places you wear these lovelies and the beautiful outfits you pair with them.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think I will need the necklace lengthened. I’m pretty sure I won’t need the bracelet fussed with (7.25 or 7.5 inches would be ideal, I think). I am leaning heavily toward the rose gold GMOP vintage pendant for the necklace... it seems like that is in stock online.

I don’t really know about the bracelets... l guess, overall, I’d just prefer to have some time to “play” in the boutique for a purchase if $2-5K! I will definitely make an appointment, and I’d be able to get away midweek with a little planning.

Oh yes! Go play at a boutique and take lots of pics for us so we can be there with you in spirit!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This may be a silly question, but for those of you with a single motif bracelet, how do you keep the motif from going to the bottom of your wrist where you can't see it?

I just wear mine on the tightest loop. But TBH the chain is so pretty and sparkly I don’t mind.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, love both the onyx one you purchased and this piece you tried on! I think you made the right choice, but gosh that would have been so difficult to decide! I bet you had so much fun at the boutique.

You must keep us updated on all the fun places you wear these lovelies and the beautiful outfits you pair with them.

Thank you @RunningwithScissors ; i went back to try on the malachite cuz i was a bit indisicive but decidedon the onyx. They're all soo pretty.

Today im in a cotton t & skirt (yay warmer weather) and the earrings, so I feel dressed & not like a slob lol

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
So i am trying not to panic, but my earring just fell off & hit the floor!
Thankfully I was at home, but I am super distressed.
Are the clips not secure enough?
I hope my earring didn't get damaged.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So i am trying not to panic, but my earring just fell off & hit the floor!
Thankfully I was at home, but I am super distressed.
Are the clips not secure enough?
I hope my earring didn't get damaged.

I see no way it could fall off if the post was through your ear! I hope it wasn't damaged!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I see no way it could fall off if the post was through your ear! I hope it wasn't damaged!

No post, i can't wear pierced ears. But the sales associates told me it was safe to wear just as clip ons

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No post, i can't wear pierced ears. But the sales associates told me it was safe to wear just as clip ons

Okay, I see. Clip-ons just aren't quite as safe as post and clips, obviously. There's just no way around that. My clips are quite tight, are yours fairly tight? They can be adjusted but I would think they'd be uncomfortable if they were extremely tight.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Yes they seemed pretty tight yesterday, but today it seemed a bit looser.
Thought it was my imagination, bec they're only a few days old, but i guess it really was looser.
I wish the sa had not told me it was safe.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes they seemed pretty tight yesterday, but today it seemed a bit looser.
Thought it was my imagination, bec they're only a few days old, but i guess it really was looser.
I wish the sa had not told me it was safe.

I know for many years women used to wear clip on earrings before ear piercing was popular. I remember my mother and grandmother having them (I am old but had my ears pierced when I was about 12)! So I am sure they are normally safe to wear. It could be that this one was loose, or it could be a combination of that and your earlobe. But I'd call your SA and discuss it!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Yes the store was closed already but will call tomorrow.
Omg huge clip ons of the 80s - i remember those lol!
I had pierced ears twice but they get very irritated from any earrings & close up after a short time.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Yes, I definitely think I can wear it almost everyday to work! I’m wearing it today even though I’m working from home lol. I definitely prefer VCA bracelets shortened as it allows me to see 3 motifs at a time.
83B4BE88-0167-495D-984A-D0A20A74A574.jpeg

omg my earrings match your bracelet- it is so stunning! looks perfect on you!
the boutique didn't have this when i was there, just the necklace which is drool worthy.

Reactions: Ann

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know if there’s a paid service where I can get VCA authenticated? I have my eyes on a vca alhambra pure necklace from someone

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know if there’s a paid service where I can get VCA authenticated? I have my eyes on a vca alhambra pure necklace from someone

Just VCA, and it costs a LOT! I can't remember exactly, but it's $1500 or more!

I wouldn't consider buying without an authenticity certificate, but even those are faked.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was quoted $1800. It gets sent to Paris. Can take 6-8 months. I assume you are wanting a letter from vca. If you submit it to a boutique and ask for servicing they won’t service unless they find it in their database. Just because it wasn’t bought at a boutique does not mean it is not authentic. It could have been purchased through NM.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Girl can you get your ears pierced? For me, it would be worth it! Actually that’s what I did. I got my ears pierced for the fourth time after 40 cause I wanted to wear studs.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the store was closed already but will call tomorrow.
Omg huge clip ons of the 80s - i remember those lol!
I had pierced ears twice but they get very irritated from any earrings & close up after a short time.

Oh goodness. What a tough situation!

Those earrings are heavy. And they dangle - double whammy! I honestly would be worried about them falling off outside the home, on concrete or something... especially near the end of a long day or night when your skin is a little more oily, and maybe you’re a little sweaty, and maybe there’s more hair product on your ears than before...

Would you consider re-piercing? Can you think of anything you might do differently to stop your ears from reacting to being pierced? Maybe plain stainless studs for a few months until they’re completely healed up?

Alternatively - maybe there’s some sort of silicone lining you could use inside the clips to make them as grippy as possible? I would still be very worried about them sliding off at the wrong time though :(sad

I hate to be a dishrag on such a new and exciting purchase but if piercing isn’t an option for you perhaps earrings like this just aren’t a great lifestyle fit. Would something else instead - the bracelet maybe - perhaps be something you could enjoy without anxiety?

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Just VCA, and it costs a LOT! I can't remember exactly, but it's $1500 or more!

I wouldn't consider buying without an authenticity certificate, but even those are faked.

I was quoted $1800. It gets sent to Paris. Can take 6-8 months. I assume you are wanting a letter from vca. If you submit it to a boutique and ask for servicing they won’t service unless they find it in their database. Just because it wasn’t bought at a boutique does not mean it is not authentic. It could have been purchased through NM.

Thank you for getting back to me! The seller is on ebay and said they don’t have the certificate. It’s too bad it costs that much :( there doesn’t seem like there’s 3rd party authenticators. I think I’ll probably just go to VCA for a piece of mind.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@LLJsmom & @yssie I am considering another piercing but idk if it will help. No matter what i try, even years later every earring bothers the holes, gets discharge & closes up.
(I know both my sisters had issues w standard lobe piercing too)

Vca said they have a grippy thing to put on & tighten the tension but i am still scared to lose it.
I did talk to dh about exchanging them for a necklace, but i am torn since i love these. I felt an emotion reaction & pure joy when i wear them (sorry if that sounds weird).
I will go to vca over the weekend & see.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally get that. I’m sorry :(sad I hope there is a resolution that gives you both joy and confidence. Let us know how your weekend trip goes!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom & @yssie I am considering another piercing but idk if it will help. No matter what i try, even years later every earring bothers the holes, gets discharge & closes up.
(I know both my sisters had issues w standard lobe piercing too)

Vca said they have a grippy thing to put on & tighten the tension but i am still scared to lose it.
I did talk to dh about exchanging them for a necklace, but i am torn since i love these. I felt an emotion reaction & pure joy when i wear them (sorry if that sounds weird).
I will go to vca over the weekend & see.

I tried 3 times as a teenager and early 20s. Same. Discharge and closed up, well would be ok for some weeks and then infected and then ok and then... you get the picture.
What finally worked was advice from wonder Psers. When I was over 40, there is a thread on it, I pierced again. This time platinum earrings right off the bat. Then used SeaSalt sterile spray. Cleaned it three times a day for 3-4 months. And then basically wore my platinum studs for a couple of years, almost 24/7, except to clean. I was afraid of taking them out cause I was afraid of them growing back. I have to dig up my old thread. I didn’t change out of my platinum studs until I bought my sweet Alhambra pave studs. I’ll try to look up my old thread.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I tried 3 times as a teenager and early 20s. Same. Discharge and closed up, well would be ok for some weeks and then infected and then ok and then... you get the picture.
What finally worked was advice from wonder Psers. When I was over 40, there is a thread on it, I pierced again. This time platinum earrings right off the bat. Then used SeaSalt sterile spray. Cleaned it three times a day for 3-4 months. And then basically wore my platinum studs for a couple of years, almost 24/7, except to clean. I was afraid of taking them out cause I was afraid of them growing back. I have to dig up my old thread. I didn’t change out of my platinum studs until I bought my sweet Alhambra pave studs. I’ll try to look up my old thread.

Thank you for this information! I don't think there are any local jewelers or mall shops here who pierce w platinum. I always get 14kt gold to pierce & clean with alcohol & bacitracin each time i wear any earrings.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for this information! I don't think there are any local jewelers or mall shops here who pierce w platinum. I always get 14kt gold to pierce & clean with alcohol & bacitracin each time i wear any earrings.

Just get it pierced with whatever and immediately switch to platinum when you get home. Or within a day or two.
When I was younger I tried wearing 24k yellow gold and I still could not heal up. And you know how inert 24k is. But platinum worked.

You have to try this sterile sea salt spray. Read up on it. And try platinum. Just buy a pair an get ready to change it out as soon as you can.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Just get it pierced with whatever and immediately switch to platinum when you get home. Or within a day or two.
When I was younger I tried wearing 24k yellow gold and I still could not heal up. And you know how inert 24k is. But platinum worked.

You have to try this sterile sea salt spray. Read up on it. And try platinum. Just buy a pair an get ready to change it out as soon as you can.

Oh great idea! I will do that! Tysm

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh great idea! I will do that! Tysm

Titanium is very inert / non-reactive and many piercing studios offer it as an option. I would suggest going that route instead of switching, which could cause pain or trauma to the tissue of a freshly pierced area. Also getting pierced with internally threaded jewellery will help with a speedy healing process :)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
So my update is a bit confusing for me.
Before I went to vca, i tried 1 more time to get my old piercing studs back into the holes & it worked.
I figured i will ask vca to put back in the posts (soldered) so it's more secure. They said sure & i got to try on a few other pieces & it was perfect.

However, later on i tried wearing some longer 14k earrings i haven't worn in ages & my piercings hurt so much.
They're all crusty today, even though i cleaned w alcohol & bacitracin.

So i am worried if i can wear the vca with the posts.

@LLJsmom @pearaffair do you think if i switch to platinum studs & use that salt spray i will be able to wear other earrings from time to time without an issue? Or only wear the platinum studs?

Also i can't wear earrings daily (even studs) so idk if that will be a problem.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to say, when i initially got my ears pierced i used the studex brand to spray my lobes but it just got sticky & made things worse.
Idk how that compares to the h20 ocean one

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my update is a bit confusing for me.
Before I went to vca, i tried 1 more time to get my old piercing studs back into the holes & it worked.
I figured i will ask vca to put back in the posts (soldered) so it's more secure. They said sure & i got to try on a few other pieces & it was perfect.

However, later on i tried wearing some longer 14k earrings i haven't worn in ages & my piercings hurt so much.
They're all crusty today, even though i cleaned w alcohol & bacitracin.

So i am worried if i can wear the vca with the posts.

@LLJsmom @pearaffair do you think if i switch to platinum studs & use that salt spray i will be able to wear other earrings from time to time without an issue? Or only wear the platinum studs?

Also i can't wear earrings daily (even studs) so idk if that will be a problem.

First off, I think you should ask your vca sa if they can change the posts to platinum for you. I am pretty sure they can cause even my NM SA. Said they could and you bought it from a boutique.

I do think that eventually you can wear stuff other than platinum but I think you would need to stick with only platinum for a while. I’m guessing at least the first few months. I probably didn’t need to wear platinum only for 3-4 years but I was that worried about it getting infected again. And for you clearly your ears don’t like the 14k gold so I would not try those for a long time.
And honestly I don’t k ow how titanium works as I didn’t try that myself.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But I am not surprised that your ears won’t heal if you are still wearing 14k. First off I would change the metal. And I would say it’s easier to find platinum posts than titanium if you’re wearing high end branded earrings.
And it may take a while before you can wear your vca earrings even if you change the posts because of the weight. You don’t want things dragging on your piercing while they are healing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results