carat
color
clarity

Just Pierced!! (Wannabe) Diamond studs - 2+ ctw

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

So I got my ears pierced today!! I felt like such a kid, at the Piercing Pagoda at the mall, and telling the lady that I had my ears pierced 20+ years ago, and waiting in line behind people bringing in their 8 month old babies. Luckily, the lady that was pierced before me was going for her seventh time because it grew back every time. (hint huh?) That made me not feel so bad. Part of me feels like I am losing my mind b/c I am piercing my ears as a grown adult, just so I can wear more bling. This diamond/jewelry obsession thing?? I've got it bad....

At least the piercing solved the problem of what to do until I have the funds to get real ones. I have fake bling to wear until I have funds to buy a real one. Of course, I chose the blingiest CZ studs I could find, 14k white gold and I sure hope I don't have an allergic reaction. The size is really close to the 1.1 carat I have. I took one pic as a comparison. Honestly, if I get used to the size of these, I will have no choice but to buy a matching 1.1 carat stone for the remaining ear. :razz:

Thank you again for the wonderful advice on the earring situation and the ear piercing stuff. I really, really appreciate it. You all have given me some very wise advice based on your own experiences.

And, just to say, I like the size of these earrings. They do look big to me, but maybe I just need to get used to it. Also, since I haven't worn earrings in years, I am surprised at how different it feels from wearing a diamond ring. You can see the diamond ring on your finger all the time, but you can't see the earrings. You only know it's there. BUT, when you do see it, it is some serious bling!! And since it's right around your face, it seems to draw even more attention. Can I ask all you PSers what you think about the blinginess of diamond studs versus a blingy diamond ring. Do you always wear both? Do you ever think "too much bling everywhere"?? I'll start a separate thread with this question.

Here are the pics.

pierced_1.jpg
pierced_4.jpg
pierced_3.jpg
pierced_5.png
pierced_2.jpg
pierced_comparison.jpg

Cross your fingers for me that it heals up well. Thanks to distracts, I will use the H2Ocean to keep my ear clean. I am very excited to finally have functioning pierced ears. I think I dreamt of having pierced ears last night. After the piercing I was kinda freaking out, thinking I put a hole (two holes) in that God did NOT give me. But I have always wanted to wear studs, after watching Some Kind of Wonderful (you guys remember?). Ok, now I'm babbling. Thanks again everyone!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Wow! They look really great on you. I think the 1.1ct is a lovely size on you.
I've been enjoying your journey as I am aspiring to diamond stud earrings my self and have still to decide on the details. So thank you for posting! And I hope you enjoy your pierced ears. :)
L.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As already posted in your other thread, I believe the 1.1ct size looked good on you, and well done in braving it and have your ear pierced.

I personally do not like wearing too much bling when I am in the casual mode, especially in the warmer months when I live in Hawaiian shirts, shorts and Crocs! Hence I wear my 10mm pearl studs, one pair white CFWPs and the other pair black Tahitians, most of the time.

As posted in your other thread about daily workwear, my earrings are a mixture of real pearls and faked pearl and CZs studs, as I do not feel right wearing too much bling with a polo shirt which is the uniform I have to wear, and I hate the collar of polo shirts!

In previous jobs where I needed to dress smarter, in the form of proper collar shirts, jackets and even suits, I would wear more bling, including a pearl necklace, watch and bracelets, and the earrings would be chunkier ones in white metal (a mixture of real gold and rhodium plated fake ones).

IMHO, the amount of bling one should/could wear for work is dependent on the nature of job and daily work wear/attire expected. They should be noticeable but not showy.

One also need to consider personal safety, as too much bling could draw unwanted attention.

Lastly, and shoot me now for saying this, there is no such thing as too much bling in the evenings so long as it is pearls and diamonds in white metal! :lol:

Enjoy your studs, real or otherwise, as they look good on you.

DK :))

P.S. How about adding a strand of pearls for daily wear? I believe they will go well with the diamond studs. :))

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I like wearing diamonds even when dressed casually. For my jeans and tshirt days, I wear studs that are .25 each ear. They provide a little sparkle and warm my face nicely. I wear the 1ct per ear ones to work, going out to dinner, etc.

Those 1.1 ones look great on your lobe! I wish I had smaller ear lobes - I inherited my ear lobes from my father. Sigh. :rolleyes:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your new piercings! The studs you picked look great. You rock that size well!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1383465920|3549437 said:
Wow! They look really great on you. I think the 1.1ct is a lovely size on you.
I've been enjoying your journey as I am aspiring to diamond stud earrings my self and have still to decide on the details. So thank you for posting! And I hope you enjoy your pierced ears. :)
L.

Hi Lara, just getting responses from people have really kept the train going on this earring piercing and diamond studs destination. Thank you for your support and encouragement. Even though people have not actually said "GO PIERCE YOUR EARS ALREADY!!", telling me the 1.1 size works is the same thing. I hope that when you pull the trigger on any studs you will keep us updated. Thanks Lara. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1383475691|3549453 said:
As already posted in your other thread, I believe the 1.1ct size looked good on you, and well done in braving it and have your ear pierced.

I personally do not like wearing too much bling when I am in the casual mode, especially in the warmer months when I live in Hawaiian shirts, shorts and Crocs! Hence I wear my 10mm pearl studs, one pair white CFWPs and the other pair black Tahitians, most of the time.

As posted in your other thread about daily workwear, my earrings are a mixture of real pearls and faked pearl and CZs studs, as I do not feel right wearing too much bling with a polo shirt which is the uniform I have to wear, and I hate the collar of polo shirts!

In previous jobs where I needed to dress smarter, in the form of proper collar shirts, jackets and even suits, I would wear more bling, including a pearl necklace, watch and bracelets, and the earrings would be chunkier ones in white metal (a mixture of real gold and rhodium plated fake ones).

IMHO, the amount of bling one should/could wear for work is dependent on the nature of job and daily work wear/attire expected. They should be noticeable but not showy.

One also need to consider personal safety, as too much bling could draw unwanted attention.

Lastly, and shoot me now for saying this, there is no such thing as too much bling in the evenings so long as it is pearls and diamonds in white metal! :lol:

Enjoy your studs, real or otherwise, as they look good on you.

DK :))

P.S. How about adding a strand of pearls for daily wear? I believe they will go well with the diamond studs. :))

Hi DK, thanks for all the bling details, emotional support and practical advice. :) And speaking of pearls, that's a darn good idea!! I should pull out my pearls and put them to use. I don't know why it never even occurred to me. I can see how living in Hawaii (code name: paradise, JEALOUS!! =) ) can make it kinda challenging to put on too much bling.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Strand of pearls sounds like a great idea! and yes, they would go beautifully with diamond studs.

Your skin tone would look beautiful with pearls, too LLJsmom!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1383459029|3549422 said:
So I got my ears pierced today!!

I am not sure in which thread I saw it, but I know that you posted somewhere, months ago, that you were going to have this done. I believe it was posted in reaction to my having stated that I had my ears pierced at age 48! The difference is that I had mine pierced for the first time at age 48! At least you can claim that you had been with it enough to have pierced ears before and just let the holes close up!

Now you know how much I love your high karat gold jewelry. After the initial earrings have been in for long enough for your ears to be safe from infection (I cannot recall any of the rules about that) what about putting in some 24K studs? I used to wear those daily until I got my current pair of Whiteflash diamond hoops. (Unless I had some reason to change out of them and into a pair of Gurhan dangling things or Elsa Peretti mesh for an occasion.) Little 24K studs are comfortable; catch on nothing; keep your ear holes open; and, above all, are 24K gold!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1383536805|3549889 said:
LLJsmom|1383459029|3549422 said:
So I got my ears pierced today!!

I am not sure in which thread I saw it, but I know that you posted somewhere, months ago, that you were going to have this done. I believe it was posted in reaction to my having stated that I had my ears pierced at age 48! The difference is that I had mine pierced for the first time at age 48! At least you can claim that you had been with it enough to have pierced ears before and just let the holes close up!

Now you know how much I love your high karat gold jewelry. After the initial earrings have been in for long enough for your ears to be safe from infection (I cannot recall any of the rules about that) what about putting in some 24K studs? I used to wear those daily until I got my current pair of Whiteflash diamond hoops. (Unless I had some reason to change out of them and into a pair of Gurhan dangling things or Elsa Peretti mesh for an occasion.) Little 24K studs are comfortable; catch on nothing; keep your ear holes open; and, above all, are 24K gold!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Hi Deb, I didn't know you pierced at 48. :) Well, you survived well, so that bodes well for me right? You must have been reading my mom's mind too. When she heard I was piercing my ears again, other than giving me a "are you crazy?" look, she brought out her 24k gold studs, immediately. And, I know that 24k is supposed to be the best thing in your ears as it is such an inert metal. I am looking forward to wearing these cuties. I am so good. I set my alarm to clean my ears twice a day. And with the H2Ocean stuff that I ordered per suggestion of Jill_S, I should heal up well. Here is a shot of the gold studs, and a pair of little gold flowers. Oh dear, now that you mentioned 24k gold, that opens up a whole new world of possibilities!! :devil:

24k_gold_studs.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1383540723|3549926 said:
Hi Deb, I didn't know you pierced at 48. :) Well, you survived well, so that bodes well for me right? You must have been reading my mom's mind too. When she heard I was piercing my ears again, other than giving me a "are you crazy?" look, she brought out her 24k gold studs, immediately. And, I know that 24k is supposed to be the best thing in your ears as it is such an inert metal. I am looking forward to wearing these cuties. I am so good. I set my alarm to clean my ears twice a day. And with the H2Ocean stuff that I ordered per suggestion of Jill_S, I should heal up well. Here is a shot of the gold studs, and a pair of little gold flowers. Oh dear, now that you mentioned 24k gold, that opens up a whole new world of possibilities!! :devil:

24k_gold_studs.png

Wow! I went looking for photos of 24K gold studs after posting here yesterday, but I refused to cheat and post any plated ones or lower karat ones, so I gave up after a while. It is great to see your photo! Heaven only knows where I have put my own studs now!

Yes! The world of pure gold is open to your ears as well as to the rest of you, my dear! Let your mother help you, since she seems to have such a nice supply of luscious gold. And you do travel to Hong Kong from time to time if I remember correctly. When you do, do not neglect to buy for your ears! (Boy, do I envy you that trip!!!)

When you do make an earring change ( do not meddle with your newly pierced ears for no reason), please post an ear shot with the 24K gold earrings!!!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look great as temporary stand-ins until you can wear the real thing! And they can be good travel earrings when you go somewhere like the beach where it would not be safe to wear your real ones!

I think diamond studs and wedding set are appropriate with jeans and t-shirt as well as the dressiest of occasions. I'd just reduce the amount of other diamond jewelry when dressed super casually.

I'd just have a little pair of earrings that you can wear comfortably even to sleep in. I don't think the holes can grow back if you keep earrings in all the time. I have never slept in earrings, and mine never grew back. But you might need to for a year or so to keep it from happening.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1383582145|3550131 said:
I think they look great as temporary stand-ins until you can wear the real thing! And they can be good travel earrings when you go somewhere like the beach where it would not be safe to wear your real ones!

I think diamond studs and wedding set are appropriate with jeans and t-shirt as well as the dressiest of occasions. I'd just reduce the amount of other diamond jewelry when dressed super casually.

I'd just have a little pair of earrings that you can wear comfortably even to sleep in. I don't think the holes can grow back if you keep earrings in all the time. I have never slept in earrings, and mine never grew back. But you might need to for a year or so to keep it from happening.

+1 !
And congrats with your pierced ears :D

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1383582145|3550131 said:
I have never slept in earrings, and mine never grew back. But you might need to for a year or so to keep it from happening.

My dermatologist pierced my ears (when I was 48) and I remember her telling me not to take the special studs out for some ridiculously long length of time. So I didn't. I slept in them. I have often slept in tiny studs, wearing them day after day, and taking them out only to clean them and my ears! I consider it a nuisance to have to take bigger earrings-like my diamond hoops-off at a certain time of day just to go to sleep (which I must do with hoops, of course)!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results