shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was looking at TheRealReal today and see that they are selling pre-loved, current VCA pieces for MORE than the new ones directly from VCA. (And TheRealReal is fibbing about how much the new pieces are selling for!) I know that the VCA inventory is low right now, but its insane to pay more for a pre-loved piece then a new one!

Here's what I mean:

From the VCA website $2,710:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.47.03 PM.png

From TheRealReal: $2,895:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 12.47.17 PM.png

Actually, I believe the one The RealReal has listed is Chaldedony which is currently on the VCA site at $3,050...the one you show from the site is Mother-of-pearl which is a tad less expensive new. They look very similar in photos but TRR properly identifies theirs in the description.

Good catch on the stone difference! I just looked it up and the $3050 is the correct price for the chalcedony pendant new. However, there is no way I'd pay $2895 for a second hand piece when it is a current item that I can wait and get brand new for only $155 more once they come back in stock!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, now I see, good catch! In person the chalcedony looks more grey/blue than it does in TheRealReal photo, so I mistook the photo for MOP. But yes, I agree with Diamondseeker that if I'm going to spend a few thousand on a piece, I'd pay $155 more to get a new one that I know for sure isn't a fake.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Yes, I definitely think I can wear it almost everyday to work! I’m wearing it today even though I’m working from home lol. I definitely prefer VCA bracelets shortened as it allows me to see 3 motifs at a time.
83B4BE88-0167-495D-984A-D0A20A74A574.jpeg

That looks stunning on you! I love that one. Do you have to be extra careful with the onyx? Can it get wet, and will it scratch? I only have solid and diamond pieces for that reason as I’m afraid I would ruin the stones, but I really love them. Enjoy your beautiful bracelet!

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks stunning on you! I love that one. Do you have to be extra careful with the onyx? Can it get wet, and will it scratch? I only have solid and diamond pieces for that reason as I’m afraid I would ruin the stones, but I really love them. Enjoy your beautiful bracelet!

I have the same bracelet and onyx is probably the most care-free of the stones. Onyx is pretty durable, but I'd treat it like any fine jewelry and try not to scratch it. Onyx would be harder and more scratch resistant than a gold bangle, for example. It wouldn't hurt it to get splashed with water when washing hands, but I wouldn't go swimming or shower wearing any fine jewelry.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I have the same bracelet and onyx is probably the most care-free of the stones. Onyx is pretty durable, but I'd treat it like any fine jewelry and try not to scratch it. Onyx would be harder and more scratch resistant than a gold bangle, for example. It wouldn't hurt it to get splashed with water when washing hands, but I wouldn't go swimming or shower wearing any fine jewelry.

I wear my solid gold Alhambra 24/7. It showers, sleeps and exercises with me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my solid gold Alhambra 24/7. It showers, sleeps and exercises with me.

Ironically I have that bracelet, too! But I wear no jewelry 24/7 other than occasionally my short dbty necklace when I don't have the energy to take it off! But it gets soap scum and looks awful if I shower in it and wear it for a couple of days, so I try not to even do that!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Ironically I have that bracelet, too! But I wear no jewelry 24/7 other than occasionally my short dbty necklace when I don't have the energy to take it off! But it gets soap scum and looks awful if I shower in it and wear it for a couple of days, so I try not to even do that!

The solid gold Alhambra I have is a necklace. I have 2 Alhambra bracelets with diamonds, but I take them off when I exercise because I’m afraid of breaking them. Especially the sweet Alhambra bracelet. The chain is really delicate. But not when I sleep or shower.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The solid gold Alhambra I have is a necklace. I have 2 Alhambra bracelets with diamonds, but I take them off when I exercise because I’m afraid of breaking them. Especially the sweet Alhambra bracelet. The chain is really delicate. But not when I sleep or shower.

Ah ha! Now we are on the same page!!! I can totally relate to keeping a pendant or necklace on!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone hearing/reading the chatter that there WILL be a 3% price increase in the US sometime in May?

I am halfway considering the drive to Chicago to finally get my first piece, but I’m not even sure what’s really available at this point due to production slowdown.

EDIT: I’m considering single motif vintage Alhambra necklaces and Alhambra bracelets...

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone hearing/reading the chatter that there WILL be a 3% price increase in the US sometime in May?

I am halfway considering the drive to Chicago to finally get my first piece, but I’m not even sure what’s really available at this point due to production slowdown.

EDIT: I’m considering single motif vintage Alhambra necklaces and Alhambra bracelets...

Get a deposit in just in case!

I want a BTF ring but I haven’t a clue which and I’m not going to make it to NYC anytime soon, so I’m stuck. Sigh.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’d call before you make the trip to see what they have. Some items are in stock online, too.

Yes, sounds like the price increase is true. It’s sad since there was just one last September!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock

I want a BTF ring but I haven’t a clue which and I’m not going to make it to NYC anytime soon, so I’m stuck. Sigh.

I just tried on the lotus btf ring & it is stunning! Absolutely incredible but very large (didn't feel like my fingers are long enough for it)

I got my first vca piece & i am ecstatic!
Wg pave & onxy 2 motif earrings
IMG-20210424-WA0007~2.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Talk about dreeaaammy—the BTF rings are seriously TDF, heh. I’d love to be twins with @Phoenix with the lotus—just so gorgeous and mesmerizing. I know you love the frivole line—is the BTF ring too large for your liking? Does the size of the flower lose the whimsy at some measurement point for you? I want that frivole open bangle!

Okay, so I started the ball rolling for my first VCA purchase this afternoon... My sister lives in the city and is part of a woman-owned business fb group that is very active. They are especially close knit after surviving the pandemic. All of life’s topics come up, and she asked if anyone had an SA that could introduce me to VCA and help me with an Alhambra necklace or bracelet. I’ll keep you all updated, of course!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’d call before you make the trip to see what they have. Some items are in stock online, too.

Yes, sounds like the price increase is true. It’s sad since there was just one last September!

I think I will need the necklace lengthened. I’m pretty sure I won’t need the bracelet fussed with (7.25 or 7.5 inches would be ideal, I think). I am leaning heavily toward the rose gold GMOP vintage pendant for the necklace... it seems like that is in stock online.

I don’t really know about the bracelets... l guess, overall, I’d just prefer to have some time to “play” in the boutique for a purchase if $2-5K! I will definitely make an appointment, and I’d be able to get away midweek with a little planning.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just tried on the lotus btf ring & it is stunning! Absolutely incredible but very large (didn't feel like my fingers are long enough for it)

What a “first” - you don’t waste time!! Gorgeous and classic and perfect on you!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about dreeaaammy—the BTF rings are seriously TDF, heh. I’d love to be twins with @Phoenix with the lotus—just so gorgeous and mesmerizing. I know you love the frivole line—is the BTF ring too large for your liking? Does the size of the flower lose the whimsy at some measurement point for you? I want that frivole open bangle!

Okay, so I started the ball rolling for my first VCA purchase this afternoon... My sister lives in the city and is part of a woman-owned business fb group that is very active. They are especially close knit after surviving the pandemic. All of life’s topics come up, and she asked if anyone had an SA that could introduce me to VCA and help me with an Alhambra necklace or bracelet. I’ll keep you all updated, of course!

I hope you find an SA you click with! ❤️

The BTF... I’m all over the place. I want a statement ring, but I share your concern about the two flower Frivole being too big. The three/one Frivole might work... I would love to try on the two butterfly with lapis, the MOP Cosmos, the Contes d’Hiver, and the Hellebore. But I also want a bigger diamond - today the diamond is winning, who knows what fancies tomorrow might bring :bigsmile:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
What a “first” - you don’t waste time!! Gorgeous and classic and perfect on you!!

Thank you @yssie they are truly special!
@KristinTech idk where you're located but i made an appointment today & was able to spend as much time as i needed there . No rush, no pressure at all.
Everyone was incredibly friendly & warm.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations @Polabowla they look sensational.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got chills. They are beyond gorgeous and stunning. Congratulations!!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
What a great way to start off your VCA collection, @Polabowla ! :love:

Do you find the 2 motif earring heavy or get in the way? Those earrings and the WG pave Frivole are still on my VCA wishlist!

Not heavy , though i can feel them after a bit. (However im super sensitive to stuff on my ears )
They dont get in the way at all, but there noticeable. They make a statement in an elegant graceful way.

Wg pave frivole is beautiful! I wanted dangling earrings

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Tried on the 3 motif pave wg. Also stunning but i preferred the contrast w onxy.
And no pics of the malachite 3 motif (stunning but i loved the onxy more)

Attachments

• 58f86e36-6a55-4ac7-a6d2-aaebcd56c978~2.jpg
    58f86e36-6a55-4ac7-a6d2-aaebcd56c978~2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 35

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
This other pair (from graff) was one i was contemplating, although it us more formal, and less dangly.
Do you guys think i made the right choice?
Hard to tell from a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_131629_374~2.jpg
    IMG_20210327_131629_374~2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 27

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning!!! I love these sooo much! Yes, these are 1000 times better than the Graff earrings. Alhambra is far more iconic!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!!
This other pair (from graff) was one i was contemplating, although it us more formal, and less dangly.
Do you guys think i made the right choice?
Hard to tell from a picture.

Yes!! I much prefer the VCA - it's just more wearable, with the bolder design and contrasting colours. Your new VCA work just as well on girl's night and at your best friend's wedding. The Graff - diamond-encrusted and frilly - definitely more formal!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be a silly question, but for those of you with a single motif bracelet, how do you keep the motif from going to the bottom of your wrist where you can't see it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results