shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
What is actually a bigger "stretch" for me, aesthetically, is to wear yellow gold again. I really wouldn't touch it for years and years. Now I'm starting to wear it, rediscovering some of my older pieces. But its a big stretch for me and outside my comfort zone.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! You are so very kind to say that! My collection is quite small! But I'm looking to see if I have any pictures. I think I'd have to do an onyx pave family pic since I got that bracelet for Christmas. That's going to probably always be my favorite. So I'll try to do that tomorrow!

I am kind of at a crossroads not knowing what I want next. I want a few more things, but I do not want to be known as the clover lady with sets in all colors! :lol: I do feel black onyx and white MOP will be my most worn stone colors and I am focusing on completing those sets. I need to add a little more yg, too. I eventually might get a couple of bracelets like blue agate or carnelian for the pop of color! I am uncertain if I'll keep the lapis bracelet as much as I love it, because I think the onyx pave goes with almost all my clothes whereas the lapis won't get much wear. Tough decision!

The onyx/wg/pave pattern is my favorite of all the Alhambra pieces. Your bracelet had me drooling!

If I won a lottery where I could select one Alhambra piece, out of all of them ever made, I'd select the 20 piece onyx/wg/pave necklace. But I can't afford it ($60K-ish) so I'm not even considering it. But that's my dream piece! And you have the dream bracelet!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a painter's perspective (because we are always thinking about how we would mix a certain color) the blue hue of the lapis leans purple and the blue of the agate leans green.

That does NOT mean the average person will think "that looks purple" or "that looks green." They will both look "blue." But if the colors are studied, especially side-by-side, you will see one blue has more red in it making it lean towards purple, and the other has more yellow in it, making it lean green.

Agreed! In fact, I'd say lapis leans towards purple. Mine has a visible purple undertone which I love love! I'd say that agate leans towards grey more than green.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
What is actually a bigger "stretch" for me, aesthetically, is to wear yellow gold again. I really wouldn't touch it for years and years. Now I'm starting to wear it, rediscovering some of my older pieces. But its a big stretch for me and outside my comfort zone.

Same here! I think the 90s really got me into a “yuck, yellow gold, ick, never again” kind of mindset. I’m still not over it, tbh. I have very few yellow gold pieces.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here! I think the 90s really got me into a “yuck, yellow gold, ick, never again” kind of mindset. I’m still not over it, tbh. I have very few yellow gold pieces.

Yeah. So true. The 80s is what got me. I’m Asian so I’ve seen and worn a lot of 24k gold growing up. It takes me back, and not in a good way. I can remember the hideous jewelry I wore in HS because everyone else wore it. Why did I do that? It reminds me of my dumber years.

Yeah. So true. The 80s is what got me. I’m Asian so I’ve seen and worn a lot of 24k gold growing up. It takes me back, and not in a good way. I can remember the hideous jewelry I wore in HS because everyone else wore it. Why did I do that? It reminds me of my dumber years.

Omg are you my doppelganger?? I went thru the exact same growing up. My daily pieces were 22k gold hoop earrings and jade pendants. #fashion

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The onyx/wg/pave pattern is my favorite of all the Alhambra pieces. Your bracelet had me drooling!

If I won a lottery where I could select one Alhambra piece, out of all of them ever made, I'd select the 20 piece onyx/wg/pave necklace. But I can't afford it ($60K-ish) so I'm not even considering it. But that's my dream piece! And you have the dream bracelet!

I'll have to say that it is a striking piece in white gold with the pave diamonds! The 20 motif necklace would be a dream, but alas, I am not considering it either! I feel extremely fortunate to have the bracelet. It goes great with the vintage wg pave earrings and pendant. I may consider adding the long Magic onyx pendant just to complete the set. Not sure yet. I do plan to get the white MOP in white gold as well.

In agreement with all who are yg hesitant! My coloring does best with white metals, and to me white metals are more neutral. I like diamonds in platinum especially. Nothing more classic and elegant that that, imo!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
@RunningwithScissors Here are pictures of my wg onyx and pave pieces, one with my lone turquoise added, then the two yg bracelets. I really love onyx, white MOP, and turquoise in white gold.

VCA onyx pave wg.jpg

VCA onyx pave turquoise.jpg

VCA lapis and yg VA bracelets.jpg

You have a beautiful collection! As a WG person myself, do you find that you frequently wear the YG bracelets? That blue is an amazing color.

Do you wear the turquoise Perlee earrings as an everyday or special occasion piece? I visited a VCA boutique recently, but they did not have the Perlee earrings.

Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful collection! As a WG person myself, do you find that you frequently wear the YG bracelets? That blue is an amazing color.

Do you wear the turquoise Perlee earrings as an everyday or special occasion piece? I visited a VCA boutique recently, but they did not have the Perlee earrings.

Thank you!
Thank you! The solid yellow gold was my first piece, so I was usually wearing it as the only gold piece but I do have a couple of long gold necklaces I wear with it especially in the winter. I just got the lapis bracelet last June, so I honestly haven't had an opportunity to wear it yet. I actually need to buy some clothes to go with it! :lol: I will say that the bracelets without pave would be worn more. But I am not wearing much jewelry these days! The turquoise Perlee earrings are quite casual and definitely are more everyday than special occasion! I love them for summer! I am undecided about getting the matching pendant. I think stock is low in all VCA stores with all the shut downs in Europe. Hopefully they'll be able to start producing new pieces soon!

Those turquoise perlee earrings are stunning!

Thank you! I really, really love turquoise and was thrilled they came out with something in turquoise! I grabbed these when they first came out because I was worried they'd eventually stop making them like they did in Alhambra (because of short supply of quality turquoise).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a good example of the problem with buying VCA second hand! The onyx necklace is listed at $18,800 CAD which is about $14,800 USD. This necklace retails new for $15,500 USD. I think it's too close to retail to buy second hand. That's not even 10% off retail. So hard to find good second hand deals on VCA!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good example of the problem with buying VCA second hand! The onyx necklace is listed at $18,800 CAD which is about $14,800 USD. This necklace retails new for $15,500 USD. I think it's too close to retail to buy second hand. That's not even 10% off retail. So hard to find good second hand deals on VCA!

Oh for sure no deals! I do believe some Estate shops might "deal" but not much on VCA I suspect. VCA holds it value and people might buy Estate if there are no pieces available, new. Anyway, I just like to browse Estate places! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh for sure no deals! I do believe some Estate shops might "deal" but not much on VCA I suspect. VCA holds it value and people might buy Estate if there are no pieces available, new. Anyway, I just like to browse Estate places! :lol:

Absolutely, me, too!!!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker2006:Here's a great example of some shades of blue, credit for the photo is in the picture. That's the lightest turquoise I've ever seen in VCA. Usually the blue is more deep and vibrant. The Sevres pieces are porcelain.

@RunningwithScissors I don’t think we’re supposed to link to other forums here, but you can see this photo credit here... if you Google “TPF VCA” you will need more hours in your day. ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My local store had limited stock of the 2020 holiday pendant... guess who scored one??!

EA6DB4A2-C0E4-4403-BF8C-9267BB44F291.jpeg

Sent in for lengthening and I can’t wait to get it!!

Congratulations!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the new lucky bracelet 33BDBBCD-8150-45A7-8AB4-6A12B39AD343.jpeg

Is the bracelet on the left from an older collection? I can't find any photos of it online.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bracelet with the ladybug is new.

Oh, okay, I misunderstood which one was the new lucky bracelet then. Do you know if it's coming out later this year?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my contribution to this thread. I’ve had the sweet pendant in RG for around 10 years and I was so happy when they released the grey MOP in RG. I had the MOP lengthened to 17 inches so that I can layer the 2 together.

Earlier in this thread, @diamondseeker2006 mentioned that one may age out of the sweet size at some point, especially with the pendants. I wholeheartedly agree and have experienced it firsthand. When I got the sweet pendant 10 years ago, I tried on the vintage and it felt too big for me and preferred the daintier size of the sweet line. However, in the last 5 years or so, I have been drawn more towards the vintage size. I DO love the layered look so I’m glad that I have the sweet but going forward, I will be sticking with the vintage size. I am also waiting for a vintage sized bracelet to come in :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile: DC693285-AF27-425C-BA21-EEBA343723BB.jpeg

Here is my contribution to this thread. I’ve had the sweet pendant in RG for around 10 years and I was so happy when they released the grey MOP in RG. I had the MOP lengthened to 17 inches so that I can layer the 2 together.

Earlier in this thread, @diamondseeker2006 mentioned that one may age out of the sweet size at some point, especially with the pendants. I wholeheartedly agree and have experienced it firsthand. When I got the sweet pendant 10 years ago, I tried on the vintage and it felt too big for me and preferred the daintier size of the sweet line. However, in the last 5 years or so, I have been drawn more towards the vintage size. I DO love the layered look so I’m glad that I have the sweet but going forward, I will be sticking with the vintage size. I am also waiting for a vintage sized bracelet to come in :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile: DC693285-AF27-425C-BA21-EEBA343723BB.jpeg

Ooo it looks so shimmery! I bet it must be very eye-catching IRL.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo it looks so shimmery! I bet it must be very eye-catching IRL.

Yes! When it catches the light it shimmers and reflects back a variety of colors. I think with VCA MOP pieces, it’s really worth picking through all the stock they have to find the color shade/combination you prefer. For the Grey MOP, I wanted to get one that was more grey, pink and purple with the least amount of the green hue.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was so great that they started adding pieces of gray MOP with rose gold! Your necklaces are beautiful! Please come back and show us your bracelet when it comes!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It was so great that they started adding pieces of gray MOP with rose gold! Your necklaces are beautiful! Please come back and show us your bracelet when it comes!

I will! It’ll be a few weeks as I also need to send it to get links taken out but let’s just say we’ll be bracelet twins ;)2

Lovecarats

Rough_Rock

I am so enamored with this combo! Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results