shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi diamondseeker2006!
Interesting what you said about not getting the motifs wet. I heard that too of course and it made me really have to think hard about whether I wanted to take on the "responsibility" of the MOP and stone bracelets. The beauty of them overwhelmed the practical and I bought two last year.. a vintage and a lucky. At first I took them on and off every day and then also looked into rubber wrist coverings for when I shower but then realized that for me I just had to wear them and what happens will happen. It was tough because I am super careful with my jewelry.. I don't even wash my hands with my rings on.
However.. taking them on and off every day was very awkward so I decided to let the chips fall where they may and just shower with the bracelets on.
I wear them seasonally... only in the "short sleeve months" and they look pretty good after a year. However I did only wear them about 4 months total. Only the malachite seemed to have scratched/dulled and that might be due to the two bracelets clanking together.
I have included pix of each motif.
Last but not least.. my daughter has been wearing her Sweet Alhambra necklace every day and showering with it on. It looks pretty good too.
OF COURSE - as you and VCA said - the best thing for these delicate beauties is to not get them wet but if one does it's not the end of the world.:)

1DF8E70F-8A9A-4AB3-B3CF-3D44B55B9214.jpeg 82237F55-BD6F-4C89-A19E-C83E6F6B1BE2.jpeg F9EBEE2C-9339-4808-8AF7-AF40AFB4E798.jpeg 05E05795-1A4B-483E-B01C-78A845CCA60F.jpeg D67FFA66-3DB6-40EE-B9AF-0B97E2886C6B.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@teslagirl1234 I'm not lucky enough to own any VCA pieces, but even I can see what you mean & I would have returned it too. There is no luster on those motifs. But I hope you can find another one, as the style really suits you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a couple little pieces that are happy-makers. The bow has pave diamond sides and lapis in the center. Although small it really catches your eye. And the butterfly has been on my list forever.
EE2FBC02-9673-421B-AA1F-5AEE41CFAA5F.jpeg CB166B10-E323-4A0F-BCC4-ADB0281872F1.jpeg 02FDA813-DAE4-460F-9E39-F175C0B954C0.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got these very rare heritage earrings last night. When I first saw them, I didn't know for sure but suspected they were heritage. I enquired with my SA who excitedly proclaimed their heritage status. I then saw a matching ring on a preloved site. So of course, I had to purchase the earrings! lol

Will post mod pics when I receive them. Pic below is of a model (not me).

1594870819874.png

1594871217325.png
1594871245405.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got these very rare heritage earrings last night. When I first saw them, I didn't know for sure but suspected they were heritage. I enquired with my SA who excitedly proclaimed their heritage status. I then saw a matching ring on a preloved site. So of course, I had to purchase the earrings! lol

1594870819874.png

1594871217325.png
1594871245405.png

Gorgeous...

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock

1594870819874.png

1594871217325.png
1594871245405.png

Wow those are beautiful! Did you buy the matching ring too?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw just curious what heritage status means

Excellent Q. I asked my SA and this is what he said:

- heritage pieces have to be at least 20 years old. Mine were made in the 70's.
- he can tell from the font of the VCA logo and from the serial number that these were made in a certain time period
- the selection of stones has to be in a particular way. My turquoise matches that of many heritage pieces that he's seen
- the design and workmanship are of those bygone eras.

There are other factors too. I intend to submit mine to VCA when I receive them. My SA says there's a specific Heritage Department in VCA whose job is dedicated solely to heritage pieces.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent Q. I asked my SA and this is what he said:

- heritage pieces have to be at least 20 years old. Mine were made in the 70's.
- he can tell from the font of the VCA logo and from the serial number that these were made in a certain time period
- the selection of stones has to be in a particular way. My turquoise matches that of many heritage pieces that he's seen
- the design and workmanship are of those bygone eras.

There are other factors too. I intend to submit mine to VCA when I receive them. My SA says there's a specific Heritage Department in VCA whose job is dedicated solely to heritage pieces.

I also reached out to the vendor of the matching ring and she confirmed that the ring is a heritage piece.

VCA_heritage TQ diamond ring.jpg

Apparently, VCA buys back heritage pieces from the market and either keep them in their "museum" or sell again to their clients at hugely inflated prices).

My SA sent me some pics:

1594988305773.png

1594988335342.png

1594988362293.png

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi diamondseeker2006!
Interesting what you said about not getting the motifs wet. I heard that too of course and it made me really have to think hard about whether I wanted to take on the "responsibility" of the MOP and stone bracelets. The beauty of them overwhelmed the practical and I bought two last year.. a vintage and a lucky. At first I took them on and off every day and then also looked into rubber wrist coverings for when I shower but then realized that for me I just had to wear them and what happens will happen. It was tough because I am super careful with my jewelry.. I don't even wash my hands with my rings on.
However.. taking them on and off every day was very awkward so I decided to let the chips fall where they may and just shower with the bracelets on.
I wear them seasonally... only in the "short sleeve months" and they look pretty good after a year. However I did only wear them about 4 months total. Only the malachite seemed to have scratched/dulled and that might be due to the two bracelets clanking together.
I have included pix of each motif.
Last but not least.. my daughter has been wearing her Sweet Alhambra necklace every day and showering with it on. It looks pretty good too.
OF COURSE - as you and VCA said - the best thing for these delicate beauties is to not get them wet but if one does it's not the end of the world.:)

1DF8E70F-8A9A-4AB3-B3CF-3D44B55B9214.jpeg 82237F55-BD6F-4C89-A19E-C83E6F6B1BE2.jpeg F9EBEE2C-9339-4808-8AF7-AF40AFB4E798.jpeg 05E05795-1A4B-483E-B01C-78A845CCA60F.jpeg D67FFA66-3DB6-40EE-B9AF-0B97E2886C6B.jpeg

I honestly think if one is fine with eventually having motifs replaced, they can wear things and be more carefree! Of course, gold shouldn’t be polished a lot since it removes metal. But motifs can be replaced,although it wouldn’t be cheap for multiple motifs. I don’t have a local VCA, so it’s so much more trouble for me to deal with maintenance. It’s just easier for me to be overly cautious! I had read about MOP motifs shrinking, also. Glad your pieces are holding up well so far!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS!
I wasn't sure how to quote your post.. hope just clicking quote works. :wavey:
Agree with you 100%. There is a definitely a balance between wearing finery and keeping it pristine. Unfortunately I have a really hard time with the balancing. I wish I had a more carefree attitude with my fancy things whether it's jewelry or pocketbooks or even a new couch that I don't really want anyone to sit on because it squishes the cushions! :roll:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also reached out to the vendor of the matching ring and she confirmed that the ring is a heritage piece.

VCA_heritage TQ diamond ring.jpg

Apparently, VCA buys back heritage pieces from the market and either keep them in their "museum" or sell again to their clients at hugely inflated prices).

My SA sent me some pics:

1594988305773.png

1594988335342.png

1594988362293.png
for anyone else looking to learn more about the heritage collection there is this wonderful video from Sotheby’s

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
These pieces are so lovely. May I ask... does VCA still allow you to customize? I love the Vintage Alhambra onyx motive with the white gold.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These pieces are so lovely. May I ask... does VCA still allow you to customize? I love the Vintage Alhambra onyx motive with the white gold.

To whom does this Q address?

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
@Phoenix, I recall someone along this thread indicating they purchased a customized bracelet so was hoping someone who knows would weigh in.

I've searched on their site and do not see that they do though. I go to their site often to see if they've released the onyx with white gold. They do have the 5 motifs with onyx and diamonds but sadly not in my price range right now.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix, I recall someone along this thread indicating they purchased a customized bracelet so was hoping someone who knows would weigh in.

I've searched on their site and do not see that they do though. I go to their site often to see if they've released the onyx with white gold. They do have the 5 motifs with onyx and diamonds but sadly not in my price range right now.

Ah ok. I think it was @LLJsmom who had a hammered WG bracelet customised. She might chime in if she sees this.

If you want onyx in WG, you'd have to do place a special order, yes. You should be able to, to answer your Q. I don't know how much of a premium it would be but you should expect it to be around 30% or more, over and above the standard YG version. I'd ask your SA for details.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Phoenix . Your new earrings are stunning- all the pictures you shared in fact, truly works of art.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I ordered a SO five motif onyx and WG
Ah ok. I think it was @LLJsmom who had a hammered WG bracelet customised. She might chime in if she sees this.

If you want onyx in WG, you'd have to do place a special order, yes. You should be able to, to answer your Q. I don't know how much of a premium it would be but you should expect it to be around 30% or more, over and above the standard YG version. I'd ask your SA for details.

oh yes. Here. I paid about 45% premium for my onyx and WG five motif bracelet, compared to the onyx and YG. No regrets. I love it so much.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock

oh yes. Here. I paid about 45% premium for my onyx and WG five motif bracelet, compared to the onyx and YG. No regrets. I love it so much.

Very helpful info @LLJsmom, thank you for confirming. I would absolutely pay more to get the combo, it really is an elegant every day but also any occasion piece. I tried on the solid gold versions which are lovely as well. Do you find you wear this over a tennis bracelet? I know its a personal preference. I feel like I need to see diamonds and am also considering a very thin tennis bracelet and the Vintage Alhambra to stack so I get the best of both worlds.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very helpful info @LLJsmom, thank you for confirming. I would absolutely pay more to get the combo, it really is an elegant every day but also any occasion piece. I tried on the solid gold versions which are lovely as well. Do you find you wear this over a tennis bracelet? I know its a personal preference. I feel like I need to see diamonds and am also considering a very thin tennis bracelet and the Vintage Alhambra to stack so I get the best of both worlds.

No, I don’t wear my tennis bracelet with any Alhambra pieces. I don’t want the diamonds to scratch the stones, and I don’t really wear my gold vintage motif bracelets. My mom wears them. But plenty of people stack and don’t worry about scratching. If you love it, do it.

AllThingsSparkling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay! Here are the pics of my new beloved 18K RG sweet Alhambra 6 motif. I have coveted this for awhile and really didn’t think it would ever happen! Most my everyday jewelry is platinum, but my Tag Heuer Aquaracer is SS and 18k RG. There’s also a tiny pink diamond set in RG in my platinum T&C key... so I wanted to have another pink accent! This was still very much a surprise for
my bday and our 5 year anniversary. we made a big celebratory mess when he gave it to me and my toddler enjoyed all the packaging!

I love how it glows, it’s so comfortable and easy to wear 24/7. That’s why I wanted the solid gold over a stone piece although they are lovely. Already scheming a WG piece to layer with it. My husband said he really liked the brand which was music to my ears haha. 9D33D57F-275A-47CE-A839-E6F8B4F595E5.jpeg A9D567C1-9941-4069-8CC7-2C5EA8DA5C33.jpeg E267C5D2-B8FF-4534-B8FD-AC0A2D741FF6.jpeg 0A1ACFBA-D42B-45C6-9065-095122FDA4FC.jpeg C117A9E3-3197-454E-979F-2D83CEE37AD2.jpeg 5BF45F65-9B74-4AD0-A6D5-F88C121A7A1F.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results