shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
FE2B3172-58D2-49DF-A424-0B02FFC44CC7.jpeg
@LLJsmom wow!! Ok. Now it looks silvery w Turquoise! But in real life you would say it’s more dark blue?? I need to go see it for myself! Love all your pieces! I also have the earrings w diamonds. I need to post them. However- I need one of the bracelets. Lol. I also need to settle down after my ring. A girl can plan... I mean “Dream”.
here’s my necklace and I have diamond VCA YG Alhambra earrings which I will post and also my Cartier ring/bracelet/Tiffany Bead Band’s @LLJsmom

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FE2B3172-58D2-49DF-A424-0B02FFC44CC7.jpeg here’s my necklace and I have diamond VCA YG Alhambra earrings which I will post and also my Cartier ring/bracelet/Tiffany Bead Band’s @LLJsmom
Yes, please post all your pieces. We love pics!! Mod shots too of the necklace!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, please post all your pieces. We love pics!! Mod shots too of the necklace!
@LLJsmom ps. I forgot to mention that my Cartier Love is in RG (as it does not scratch as easily). My one daughter has the ring in YG and the other in RG and we always wondered why the RG looked brand new next to the YG... I looked it up and RG does not scratch as easily. Mine in person does still look new 2 years later. I also just switched it to my watch side bc it became loose 2x (I think bc I am right-handed and it was getting a lot more use and perhaps was causing it). So I am hoping that this helps. I also think I’ll get the next size (18) if I should get another. My husband surprised me w it and bought me a 16 and I hated how it fit so we went back and they said i should not go up in size and that it was an appropriate fit based on my small wrists but I really wanted it loose so I got the 17 and I still wish it was bigger and more of a bangle. I guess I like that loose feel! However, I did try on the sweet Alhambra a couple of years ago and I could almost slip it off. I think you said you can have it made smaller? How long does this take and do you lose a clover? Thx Again! You are a wealth of information!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom ps. I forgot to mention that my Cartier Love is in RG (as it does not scratch as easily). My one daughter has the ring in YG and the other in RG and we always wondered why the RG looked brand new next to the YG... I looked it up and RG does not scratch as easily. Mine in person does still look new 2 years later. I also just switched it to my watch side bc it became loose 2x (I think bc I am right-handed and it was getting a lot more use and perhaps was causing it). So I am hoping that this helps. I also think I’ll get the next size (18) if I should get another. My husband surprised me w it and bought me a 16 and I hated how it fit so we went back and they said i should not go up in size and that it was an appropriate fit based on my small wrists but I really wanted it loose so I got the 17 and I still wish it was bigger and more of a bangle. I guess I like that loose feel! However, I did try on the sweet Alhambra a couple of years ago and I could almost slip it off. I think you said you can have it made smaller? How long does this take and do you lose a clover? Thx Again! You are a wealth of information!
The sweet Alhambra has a jump ring so I wear mine on the smaller setting. I have 5 inch wrists and it doesn’t slip off my hand. Maybe you should try it again. If you get another Love you’ll want to be careful what size you get. If they are different sizes they may crossover and scratch more.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
The sweet Alhambra has a jump ring so I wear mine on the smaller setting. I have 5 inch wrists and it doesn’t slip off my hand. Maybe you should try it again. If you get another Love you’ll want to be careful what size you get. If they are different sizes they may crossover and scratch more.
. That’s weird they didn’t say anything. Maybe bc I was w my husband and they knew I was just browsing while waiting for my exchange. Good point w the larger size overlapping. I’ll have to try it on.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Diamondseeker!
Thanks so much for the compliments on the bracelet. Yep.. I'm with you on not stacking 99% of the time but I might stack on this one since as you said it's not a 24/7 bracelet.
Just before I bought it I had read about not getting it wet and it made me question whether to buy it or not. I decided that it was too pretty to pass up and I will probably end up just taking it on and off instead of finding something to cover it.
I actually had looked into what you were talking about.. the all gold version called "Pure" Alhambra just for that reason. VCA discontinued the white gold version and so they only have the yellow one now and it's about 25% more than the MOP one. They also make a rose gold sweet version with small motifs that are all gold. I tried that one too but it kind of got lost on my wrist.
I usually buy my signed pieces at a discount on Ebay but this was definitely one item that had to be purchased from the store. It seems most of the ones for sale on Ebay are fake or they sell close to list price.
The champagne made it extra fun. We were at Selfridges for tea and instead of ordering the champagne at tea we bought the bracelet first and had it there.:love:
We hadn't eaten lunch yet and we all floated out of there! lol.

I was actually talking about solid gold, 5 motif, Vintage Alhambra bracelets just like yours. I have the solid yellow gold and LLJsmom has a picture with the sold rose gold bracelet on this page, also! Pure Alhambra is a different line that has smooth edges surrounding the clovers whereas all the vintage Alhambra has the beaded edges like yours. The ones with solid gold actually cost the same as the mother of pearl in white gold, so I think they are priced well considering!

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...1ie00-vintage-alhambra-bracelet-5-motifs.html

https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...9t300-vintage-alhambra-bracelet-5-motifs.html

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[ However, I did try on the sweet Alhambra a couple of years ago and I could almost slip it off. I think you said you can have it made smaller? How long does this take and do you lose a clover?

They can shorten the Alhambra chain bracelets by removing one or more chain links between each of the clovers. That way you keep all the clovers and they have shorter but equal lengths of chain between them. They vintage Alhambra bracelet I have is over 7" and I like a 7" chain bracelet so I will have my next one sized to 7". If you do it soon after you purchase it is free (maybe within 3 months?), but they apparently charge if you wait too long, which I have because I didn't know about the sizing when I first bought mine! LLJsmom has had bracelets sized so I am sure she can tell you how long hers have taken.

Love your MOP necklace and can't wait to see your earrings!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
They can shorten the Alhambra chain bracelets by removing one or more chain links between each of the clovers. That way you keep all the clovers and they have shorter but equal lengths of chain between them. They vintage Alhambra bracelet I have is over 7" and I like a 7" chain bracelet so I will have my next one sized to 7". If you do it soon after you purchase it is free (maybe within 3 months?), but they apparently charge if you wait too long, which I have because I didn't know about the sizing when I first bought mine! LLJsmom has had bracelets sized so I am sure she can tell you how long hers have taken.

Love your MOP necklace and can't wait to see your earrings!
. Thanks so much. I was in the city yesterday bc had to go to Cartier for something and was planning on running to VCA but it was pouring and major traffic! I am dying to go back to see them again and will definitely do what you both hav suggested. Thx again.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new VCA perlee turquoise earrings! I love them extremely except for one thing...they have la poucette earring backs, and they are the hardest things to get on and off that I have ever experienced. My SA told me it just takes time to learn to do it, so I'll give it a few days! Otherwise, I hope I could use regular backs.

VCAperleeturquoiseearrings2.jpg
VCAperleeturquoiseearrings3.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
My new VCA perlee turquoise earrings! I love them extremely except for one thing...they have la poucette earring backs, and they are the hardest things to get on and off that I have ever experienced. My SA told me it just takes time to learn to do it, so I'll give it a few days! Otherwise, I hope I could use regular backs.

Ooh. I saw the green necklace like this but not the blue. Stunning!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WONDERFUL!!! These are right up my alley!!! Good for you, DS.

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh. I saw the green necklace like this but not the blue. Stunning!!!

The green is beautiful, too! I wear a lot of turquoise in the summer so was very excited to get these since Alhambra isn't available in turquoise anymore.

WONDERFUL!!! These are right up my alley!!! Good for you, DS.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon! They are so classic and will never go out of style, plus they can be worn casually, and that's important to me! I highly recommend them if the person can deal with the backs! :lol: I hope I can adjust because I know these backs are secure.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The green is beautiful, too! I wear a lot of turquoise in the summer so was very excited to get these since Alhambra isn't available in turquoise anymore.

Thanks, Sharon! They are so classic and will never go out of style, plus they can be worn casually, and that's important to me! I highly recommend them if the person can deal with the backs! :lol: I hope I can adjust because I know these backs are secure.

My Tiffany Victoria earrings have those backs. They are secure (earrings don't move)! You'll get used to them. And yes, very classic. Dress up and down--great choice!:appl:

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
F012FDED-A389-4AF5-8D19-AE80DDE39A79.jpeg D1E98ABB-0C9F-455B-98AB-67C20DB72BE9.jpeg 98DFEC85-1615-4C92-A05C-5CCFC70E6ABA.jpeg I was mentioning in another thread that I walked into the 5th ave store today and decided to pull the trigger and not trying to buy it overseas and trying to find a “deal” with VAT refund or whatever... it’s too much work. I tried on many many beautiful jewleries. I’ll post some pics of the stuff I tried on today. The service was great as expected and it was such a great afternoon spending time looking at beautiful things. I decided on the rose gold vintage Alhambra earrings but I have a feeling this is not the only piece I will get. Rather I think I’ll go back before the year end. Here are some pics of the beautiful things and my Alhambra earrings. I will take pics of the box and the books they gave me later. The SA is also sending me a coffee table book that will come in the mail.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondlove123 That RG really pops on you. :love::love::love: I swear at first I thought it had diamonds. It is beautiful on your skin tone and great with your hair. Will it be for regular daily wear? Are you thinking about the pave vintage ear clips? That's on my want list too!!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
53F93BB8-1A24-45C7-B308-EBD83DAA5E4B.jpeg
@diamondlove123 That RG really pops on you. :love::love::love: I swear at first I thought it had diamonds. It is beautiful on your skin tone and great with your hair. Will it be for regular daily wear? Are you thinking about the pave vintage ear clips? That's on my want list too!!

I am so excited you “approve”. I didn’t give much thought today and just kind of went with my guts on this one. I thought the yellow gold would be the one but the pink takes the spot. This will be everyday wear with jeans and t-shirt. The vintage pave with clips can also be everyday but also great for evenings. Maybe I’ll buy around Christmas time. I just think earrings are easier to wear daily. As much as I love all the bracelets, I have 2 loves that I cannot take off so it would be too much. I may sell one of the loves soon so I can get more VCA. Here is the pave cosmos earrings. I actually like the Alhambra pave more, and luckily it’s cheaper than the cosmos.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
53F93BB8-1A24-45C7-B308-EBD83DAA5E4B.jpeg

I am so excited you “approve”. I didn’t give much thought today and just kind of went with my guts on this one. I thought the yellow gold would be the one but the pink takes the spot. This will be everyday wear with jeans and t-shirt. The vintage pave with clips can also be everyday but also great for evenings. Maybe I’ll buy around Christmas time. I just think earrings are easier to wear daily. As much as I love all the bracelets, I have 2 loves that I cannot take off so it would be too much. I may sell one of the loves soon so I can get more VCA. Here is the pave cosmos earrings. I actually like the Alhambra pave more, and luckily it’s cheaper than the cosmos.
The RG is nice and warm on you, and fresh. Will be perfect with jeans and t-shirt. I also love the vintage pave Alhambra studs. ***sigh***. I can’t even think about them for another year. They’re my favorite earrings. They can be casual or dressy. The cosmos that you are wearing are amazing. They look more fancy to me. I probably wouldn’t wear the daily but I know some women would. My goal to be one of those women. :lol-2: I actually really love the butterfly ring on you. I would never buy rings cause I can’t wear stuff on my right hand. But would you get a RHR? Rings have such a fabulous feel.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
80D010F8-CE12-4A4D-8464-83557E210EA4.jpeg
F012FDED-A389-4AF5-8D19-AE80DDE39A79.jpeg D1E98ABB-0C9F-455B-98AB-67C20DB72BE9.jpeg 98DFEC85-1615-4C92-A05C-5CCFC70E6ABA.jpeg I was mentioning in another thread that I walked into the 5th ave store today and decided to pull the trigger and not trying to buy it overseas and trying to find a “deal” with VAT refund or whatever... it’s too much work. I tried on many many beautiful jewleries. I’ll post some pics of the stuff I tried on today. The service was great as expected and it was such a great afternoon spending time looking at beautiful things. I decided on the rose gold vintage Alhambra earrings but I have a feeling this is not the only piece I will get. Rather I think I’ll go back before the year end. Here are some pics of the beautiful things and my Alhambra earrings. I will take pics of the box and the books they gave me later. The SA is also sending me a coffee table book that will come in the mail.

@diamondlove123 Love them all!! Congrats!! Ps. I have the coffee table book you mentioned. I’ll post a pic of what to expect.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited you all approve the purchase. I felt a bit bad I didn’t do much research but I am happy with the earrings. So far 1 shop lady at a clothestore already commented on the earrings:twisted2:. I work close to 5th ave so it’s quite tempting to just walk over and try on some more stuff. Over the weekend did some browsing on the web and thought I should have done more research to maybe buy overseas to save on same differential exchange rate and/or taxes. I called the store in Canada because I’ll be visiting this summer but realize between the 13%tax in Canada and even with the favorable usd/cad exchange rate, prices came out to be very much the same. It made me happy that it was ok to buy at the 5th ave store and was treated so well with coffee, chocolate and pretty much whatever I wish to have to drink while I shop. Amazing experience! I will be coming back soon. Before the vintage white gold pave earrings, I am thinking to buy the frivole yg ring, what do you think of those? Or maybe the magic pendant? This is starting to be a bad addiction already with first purchase a few days ago and already looking at next couple pieces.

atp223

Shiny_Rock
IMG_6895.JPG My first VCA piece! I see people pairing this/similar bracelets with love bracelets all the time, but I do NOT love the way they hang together. I have pretty small wrists so I did have it sized, but it is still pretty loose. Do any of you wear yours together? Does anyone have tips on how to execute this look without the bracelets driving you crazy? (The red bracelet is just something from my daughter's baptism that has since fallen off.)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi atp223!
So funny you posted this. A few weeks ago I bought my first Alhambra bracelet planning to wear it stacked with my LOVE and I didn't LOVE it at all.
It bothered me when they clanged together and they just didn't lay nicely on my wrist.
2 day ago I ended up just putting the LOVE away for a while and wearing the VCA on it's own and I'm MUCH happier!
! IMG_5269.jpg 58337680326__B8AE7004-1A73-42BC-A801-701CB31C0A83.JPG
As my daughter said.. "You are a one bracelet kind of girl."

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Hi atp223!
So funny you posted this. A few weeks ago I bought my first Alhambra bracelet planning to wear it stacked with my LOVE and I didn't LOVE it at all.
It bothered me when they clanged together and they just didn't lay nicely on my wrist.
2 day ago I ended up just putting the LOVE away for a while and wearing the VCA on it's own and I'm MUCH happier!
! IMG_5269.jpg 58337680326__B8AE7004-1A73-42BC-A801-701CB31C0A83.JPG
As my daughter said.. "You are a one bracelet kind of girl."

I did a similar thing - I put it on my opposite wrist and stopped wearing my apple watch! But everyone I know who has both wears them together. I want to figure it out.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:I know! It seems that most everyone does stack them successfully.. if you figure out the secret out do let me know. :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a similar thing - I put it on my opposite wrist and stopped wearing my apple watch! But everyone I know who has both wears them together. I want to figure it out.

:wavey:I know! It seems that most everyone does stack them successfully.. if you figure out the secret out do let me know. :wavey:

I for one stopped trying. I didn’t like the scratches on my love. I know plenty of people don’t mind scratches but I finally accepted that I do. So I never wear it with my love bracelet. Usually I wear my five motifs alone but I am liking the blue and black colors together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results