shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Both are lovely! I personally am really drawn to the strong colour striations in the top motif :love: Malachite is such a beautiful stone!!

Thank you @yssie for your input. I am leaning towards that one as well but they are both so beautiful. Such a hard choice

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in between these two necklaces as I cannot decide which stone looks better. Does one look better than the other (or just different?) IMG_4051.JPG

I prefer the uniformity of stone #2. But that's just the OCD in me. #2 has sharp contrast which some may prefer.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the uniformity of stone #2. But that's just the OCD in me. #2 has sharp contrast which some may prefer.

That is the reason I am so perplexed! The uniformity is a perfection and I love that. But when I saw the Malachite on VCA site, I fell in love with how dramatic it looks and the dark green makes the strations pop. And the website one resembles the first necklace.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How boring it would be if we all liked the same thing. I love that that’s not the case, honestly! I can 100% see the appeal of the second pendant - the striations are straighter and the colour is more even.

Do you intend to get more malachite pieces? That might influence your decision too (probably easier to match the second more uniform pendant).

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
How boring it would be if we all liked the same thing. I love that that’s not the case, honestly! I can 100% see the appeal of the second pendant - the striations are straighter and the colour is more even.

Do you intend to get more malachite pieces? That might influence your decision too (probably easier to match the second more uniform pendant).

Agreed! Actually, I do not plan on getting more Malachite pieces. I indent this to be my only one. As gorgeous as Malachite is, it is also too brittle/fragile for me. But how cool it would be to have earrings from the more uniform Malachite and the necklace from the more "dramatic" one! What a set would that be!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
At the risk of being unpopular, I feel the need to share this.
Recently, I called VCA because I wanted a matching vintage Alhambra necklace in white gold. I currently have a 10 motif yellow gold which
I wear ALL the time, and I really enjoy it and would love one in white as well. The SA told me no special orders since Covid. She suggested the guilloiche necklace in white gold, which I don’t like as much as the vintage, but it’s growing on me. However, I’m very small, and a 20 motif would hit me at my bellybutton lol, and of course, they only make a long version. So I asked if they would make a 10 motif version. Nope.

I know that they have previously made the Alhambra vintage 10 motif in white gold, so I started searching to see if I could find one. And I didn’t :(
But in my searches I did find something very disturbing. A knock off website that makes exact replicas of everything vca makes. They use 18k and real stones. They have the same vca markings, the eagle stamp, and are EXACT copies. I couldn’t believe it! I’m obviously not going to share the site, but I will say that if I came across one of their knockoffs, I would think it was real. So my point here is to be very careful buying preowned vca. of course on EBay and Etsy, but even on “vetted” sites that are “authenticated” like The Real Real, Vestiaire, Tradesy, Fashionphile, Ann’s etc. These replicas are exact copies.
Caveat Emptor

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of being unpopular, I feel the need to share this.
Recently, I called VCA because I wanted a matching vintage Alhambra necklace in white gold. I currently have a 10 motif yellow gold which
I wear ALL the time, and I really enjoy it and would love one in white as well. The SA told me no special orders since Covid. She suggested the guilloiche necklace in white gold, which I don’t like as much as the vintage, but it’s growing on me. However, I’m very small, and a 20 motif would hit me at my bellybutton lol, and of course, they only make a long version. So I asked if they would make a 10 motif version. Nope.

I know that they have previously made the Alhambra vintage 10 motif in white gold, so I started searching to see if I could find one. And I didn’t :(
But in my searches I did find something very disturbing. A knock off website that makes exact replicas of everything vca makes. They use 18k and real stones. They have the same vca markings, the eagle stamp, and are EXACT copies. I couldn’t believe it! I’m obviously not going to share the site, but I will say that if I came across one of their knockoffs, I would think it was real. So my point here is to be very careful buying preowned vca. of course on EBay and Etsy, but even on “vetted” sites that are “authenticated” like The Real Real, Vestiaire, Tradesy, Fashionphile, Ann’s etc. These replicas are exact copies.
Caveat Emptor

I’m pretty sure I know the site you’re referring to. And I think it’s one of many, honestly, originating in the same country and possibly sharing factories! I ran into it once in similar fashion - and was similarly disgusted. Not an unpopular opinion at ALL.

Re. SOs - the “rules” seem to vary non-trivially depending on who you talk to and where you’re based! There are some total spend thresholds that must be met before SOs will be considered - I think this policy started with Covid. I’ve heard ~85k and ~100k for the US. But even if you meet that requirement, some SOs are approved and some aren’t and who knows what that process looks like!! TBH I’m guessing it depends mostly on how strongly your SA advocates for your piece. That’s just me guessing.

@icy_jade introduced me to Rakuten. The shopping site, not the cashback stuff. Japanese culture has very low appetite for fakes… Still got to do your own due diligence of course, but maybe keep an eye out on there too.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Some window shopping eye candy to share (I had 2 free hours in London and of all the sight seeing options, I went to Bond Street :) ). I was hoping to try on some of the bracelets to get an idea of the scale of the motifs and also the perlee rings, I'd like to see how the small/medium would look alongside my diamond ring (I find it hard to judge scale from their website). Hopefully next time I will have more time.

IMG_20221124_160343149.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20221124_160351035.jpg
    IMG_20221124_160351035.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20221124_160317557.jpg
    IMG_20221124_160317557.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20221124_160331849.jpg
    IMG_20221124_160331849.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 74
Some window shopping eye candy to share (I had 2 free hours in London and of all the sight seeing options, I went to Bond Street :) ). I was hoping to try on some of the bracelets to get an idea of the scale of the motifs and also the perlee rings, I'd like to see how the small/medium would look alongside my diamond ring (I find it hard to judge scale from their website). Hopefully next time I will have more time.

IMG_20221124_160343149.jpg

I love love love that emerald necklace oh my god! And that watch holy hell :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: I would wear the absolute living daylights out of them both. Im actually salivating.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love that emerald necklace oh my god! And that watch holy hell :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: I would wear the absolute living daylights out of them both. Im actually salivating.

I was trying to get a better picture of the watch, but I figured there was a limit on how close/contorted I could get to the glass (and not get arrested) :lol:. Probably just as well I was running late, I would have started at those emeralds all day.

I was trying to get a better picture of the watch, but I figured there was a limit on how close/contorted I could get to the glass (and not get arrested) :lol:. Probably just as well I was running late, I would have started at those emeralds all day.

I am reminded of the time I spent so long drooling at a high jewelry display at Harry Winston that a security guard stepped closer to the window and made eye contact with me. I walked away, but came back to take pictures ten minutes later… the pieces were gone from the window :lol-2: another time I went though they let me try on a high jewelry watch they had on display. I believe the price was in the range of $300k… positively reasonable:lol-2: I could feel my heart beat straight out of my chest. Just so gorgeous. I’ve rarely felt emboldened enough to ask to try on HJ pieces but I totally would’ve been shameless enough to ask for this necklace. You’d feel positively queenly wearing it, I bet! :kiss2:

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I’m pretty sure I know the site you’re referring to. And I think it’s one of many, honestly, originating in the same country and possibly sharing factories! I ran into it once in similar fashion - and was similarly disgusted. Not an unpopular opinion at ALL.

Re. SOs - the “rules” seem to vary non-trivially depending on who you talk to and where you’re based! There are some total spend thresholds that must be met before SOs will be considered - I think this policy started with Covid. I’ve heard ~85k and ~100k for the US. But even if you meet that requirement, some SOs are approved and some aren’t and who knows what that process looks like!! TBH I’m guessing it depends mostly on how strongly your SA advocates for your piece. That’s just me guessing.

@icy_jade introduced me to Rakuten. The shopping site, not the cashback stuff. Japanese culture has very low appetite for fakes… Still got to do your own due diligence of course, but maybe keep an eye out on there too.
Thanks for the info, @yssie !
I haven’t spent anywhere near that amount, and tbh, I never will because it is discouraging and rather insulting that they won’t make it. They already make the necklace so they would just have to rhodium plate it which doesn’t seem that “special“ since they do it already. So it’s probably not in my future.
But there are other pieces I’m eyeing, and lots of other companies that are more than happy to take my money. And honestly, seeing those perfectly executed fakes took away some of my desire for more VCA.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info, @yssie !
I haven’t spent anywhere near that amount, and tbh, I never will because it is discouraging and rather insulting that they won’t make it. They already make the necklace so they would just have to rhodium plate it which doesn’t seem that “special“ since they do it already. So it’s probably not in my future.
But there are other pieces I’m eyeing, and lots of other companies that are more than happy to take my money. And honestly, seeing those perfectly executed fakes took away some of my desire for more VCA.

Kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld Soup Nazi episode :lol:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I had the opportunity to try on the new white gold guilloched bracelet and I thought it was S T U N N I N G!!! Very heavy weight and so sparkly! I know there were mixed feelings here but I thought it was fabulous. On my list now! :lol:
1AB5E2F1-5AF1-43FF-BCE0-1A9949EF4F9A.jpeg

Attachments

• 0AF39B95-A545-40A4-A349-BDA7DE7C1CFD.jpeg
    0AF39B95-A545-40A4-A349-BDA7DE7C1CFD.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 39

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hello!
I had the opportunity to try on the new white gold guilloched bracelet and I thought it was S T U N N I N G!!! Very heavy weight and so sparkly! I know there were mixed feelings here but I thought it was fabulous. On my list now! :lol:

Looks lovely on you! Reminds me of a wintery landscape with the sun glistening off of snow. Perfect for the season.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Very beautiful. I could handle this!!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely on you! Reminds me of a wintery landscape with the sun glistening off of snow. Perfect for the season.
Oh thanks RwS! It does truly glisten like snow! So much more beautiful in person than I imagined.
Very beautiful. I could handle this!!!
Hi Sharon!!
Yes.. would love to call it mine as well. Taking a VCA breather for now.. someday it shall be mine! Someday.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thanks RwS! It does truly glisten like snow! So much more beautiful in person than I imagined.

Hi Sharon!!
Yes.. would love to call it mine as well. Taking a VCA breather for now.. someday it shall be mine! Someday.

Understandable. And it is lovely to look-see+ try on; because that often turns to buying. How would you know otherwise?

That day, any day, and someday. All good!

P

Petalouda

BE6853FD-E7E5-42AF-9724-990FC3F412B6.jpeg My husband surprised me with the Guilloche with two diamond motifs. He said when he saw it, it blew him away. This is a gorgeous piece and I feel lucky to own it. I know there’s been some controversy surrounding packaging with VCA, but they gave him the box without him asking. I’m happy to own the box because I do use them for safe storage.

Attachments

• 7F20A58B-D530-4847-979F-0257F50763F9.jpeg
    7F20A58B-D530-4847-979F-0257F50763F9.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 33D36918-8013-49FE-9502-08B8B17EF88D.jpeg
    33D36918-8013-49FE-9502-08B8B17EF88D.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 94

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
BE6853FD-E7E5-42AF-9724-990FC3F412B6.jpeg My husband surprised me with the Guilloche with two diamond motifs. He said when he saw it, it blew him away. This is a gorgeous piece and I feel lucky to own it. I know there’s been some controversy surrounding packaging with VCA, but they gave him the box without him asking. I’m happy to own the box because I do use them for safe storage.

It looks perfect. Your husband should make friends with my husband, he seems like a good influence. :lol: I am glad that they gave him the old packing. They do until they run out, pouches are next.

P

Petalouda

It looks perfect. Your husband should make friends with my husband, he seems like a good influence. :lol: I am glad that they gave him the old packing. They do until they run out, pouches are next.

Are y’all in the NYC area?? (I just can’t drop y’all! yet). Thankfully I got a travel pouch too.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Are y’all in the NYC area?? (I just can’t drop y’all! yet). Thankfully I got a travel pouch too.

Unfortunately no, the other side of the coast. I got the travel pouch, too! You were lucky as NY is running out of both boxes and travel pouches. Enjoy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! It’s beautiful and looks wonderful on you. Glad you got the box. Hubby did good.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in Sydney ATM and stopped to look in the window at VCA. I wanted to take photos for you ladies, but was worried they’d think I was ‘casing the joint’ :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @Petalouda!! I can totally see how this piece blew your hubs away - and of course I love that that translated into him needing to get it for you, mind if I borrow him after daisygirl :bigsmile:

And glad he got a box! (Of all the asinine things to have to be glad for, but here we are - VCA I hope you’re listening because your customers are displeased…)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love: Absolutely the most beautiful and blingy combination.
I LOVE IT!!!!!
Enjoy every moment of gazing down at your wrist.:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results