shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your turquoise jewelry!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@leslie1956 Hi! My favorite piece of turquoise is this Tiffany Schlumberger egg, but I have not purchased it yet as it only comes in YG and I am more a white metal gal. I have seen it in real life and it is gorgeous, and I can see wearing it with a nice long chain. If it ever gets made in platinum, I will grab one for sure.

https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/tif...ch&trackpdp=search&fromcid=-1&trackgridpos=10

It's beautiful, Miki Moto, thanks for sharing :) Much turquoise jewelry is just too big and clunky for me to wear comfortably so I love seeing pieces like the egg. I don't wear yellow gold either, either it's white metals (WG, silver or platinum) or rose gold.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@leslie1956 Hi! If you like more delicate turquoise, you may want to search on Tiffany for their turquoise pieces. I like turquoise in clean settings and I'm not really a fan of the Southwest/Native American theme. I love Tiffany turquoise because the settings are so sleek. I posted a photo of my pieces a few pages earlier... I have the dot necklace which I also wear with the matching earrings and love it. I also have the Turquoise Cabachon ring which is a bold piece, but it is so sleek. You might like that as well. If you do like the ring, it's not on the website as it a limited piece. Per Tiffany, they say that ring is hard to do given the size of the turquoise, so they only have a limited amount. If you are interested, let me know and I know of a boutique that has one.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3473.JPG
Bad photo of my turquoise egg pendant. Though I'm looking at it and thinking maybe not turquoise?!
It’s such a lovely piece! Such great motion around the egg with the gold work. My guess is that it is probably Amazonite, which is a variety of Feldspar along with moonstone, labradorite etc. really beautiful stone, which can get confused with turquoise. My grandmother passed on a ring to me which she thought was turquoise but it is in fact Amazonite!

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_3473.JPG
Bad photo of my turquoise egg pendant. Though I'm looking at it and thinking maybe not turquoise?!

That's a really pretty egg! And yes, I agree with @Bluegemz in that I think it's an amazonite. People often mistake it for turquoise. Now you have me wanting to buy that Tiffany egg! But your egg looks much bigger. I like the size of your egg!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz and @Miki Moto looks like you are right! I was never convinced it was turquoise. It's got a slightly green tongue but not in the way turquoise can go green. Apparently it was made in Sri Lanka but who knows!
Thanks for the compliments it is a good size, definitely pendant sized. I normally wear it over a black jumper so it really stands out.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@leslie1956 Hi! If you like more delicate turquoise, you may want to search on Tiffany for their turquoise pieces. I like turquoise in clean settings and I'm not really a fan of the Southwest/Native American theme. I love Tiffany turquoise because the settings are so sleek. I posted a photo of my pieces a few pages earlier... I have the dot necklace which I also wear with the matching earrings and love it. I also have the Turquoise Cabachon ring which is a bold piece, but it is so sleek. You might like that as well. If you do like the ring, it's not on the website as it a limited piece. Per Tiffany, they say that ring is hard to do given the size of the turquoise, so they only have a limited amount. If you are interested, let me know and I know of a boutique that has one.

I'll be sure to check out Tiffany's turquoise pieces, thanks for the tip! I'm not in a position to buy a ring right now, but I appreciate the offer :) I agree with you re the clean settings, too. I'm a smaller person and only wear a 5 1/4 size ring. I don't like feeling overwhelmed by my jewelry, so much of the Native turquoise jewelry is just too big and chunky for me!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5333B023-AEBC-45C8-A02D-C57D65A8920B.jpeg DA67DC51-4903-4CAB-A3A9-9455B55C1D1A.jpeg These were a mother’s day gift, thanks to a tax return. From Jewels by Grace.
Those are fabulous! Absolutely love them.:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5333B023-AEBC-45C8-A02D-C57D65A8920B.jpeg DA67DC51-4903-4CAB-A3A9-9455B55C1D1A.jpeg These were a mother’s day gift, thanks to a tax return. From Jewels by Grace.

LOVE LOVE LOVE these @NKOTB. Truly turquioseluscious:kiss2:
What a wonderful Mother's Day gift.:appl:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, I went to the Albuquerque Museum to see their current exhibition, "American Jewelry from New Mexico".
These items were truly stunning. The photos just don't do them justice. It wasn't just Native American jewelry, there was also Spanish colonial silver work, Victorian era gold and lots of contemporary pieces. I even knew some of the jewelers!
I took a few photos.....
IMG_20180621_121633226.jpg IMG_20180621_121642595.jpg IMG_20180621_121954350.jpg IMG_20180621_120447902.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the awesome opportunity to model some fabulous turquoise jewelry today.
A dear friend if ours is a wonderful jeweler from Santo Domingo Pueblo here in New Mexico., Rodney Coriz.
He was accepted into the Indian Market in Santa Fe next weekend. This is a great Native American arts show, that is a very big deal. It is considered a huge honor to be accepted into this show. This is his 3rd time there.
The first necklace is Mediterranean red coral and sterling.
IMG_20180812_133231554.jpg
IMG_20180812_160005.jpg
This next piece is a long chain with Corico Lake and Sleeping Beauty turquoise.
IMG_20180812_143146369.jpg
The ring is so amazing! It is Candelaria turquoise from Nevada.
IMG_20180812_135555450.jpg
This next ring and necklace are Morenci turquoise and jet.
IMG_20180630_083919191.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A dear friend if ours is a wonderful jeweler from Santo Domingo Pueblo here in New Mexico., Rodney Coriz.
He was accepted into the Indian Market in Santa Fe next weekend. This is a great Native American arts show, that is a very big deal. It is considered a huge honor to be accepted into this show. This is his 3rd time there.
IMG_20180812_160005.jpg
That is amazing @stracci! That is an honor to be accepted. I just love that show so much. The festivities and the art are wonderful. I hear that early at the El Dorado hotel is some great, rare, gem quality American turquoise.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing @stracci! That is an honor to be accepted. I just love that show so much. The festivities and the art are wonderful. I hear that early at the El Dorado hotel is some great, rare, gem quality American turquoise.
We are going to head up there on Saturday for the show. Our friend is such a great guy. I am hopeful that he does well!

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are going to head up there on Saturday for the show. Our friend is such a great guy. I am hopeful that he does well!
I’m definitely getting there this weekend. I’d like to check out a film at the Indian arts museum, check the turquoise at the El Dorado, and look at all the stuff. It’s the time of year to wear all my Native American jewelry!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m definitely getting there this weekend. I’d like to check out a film at the Indian arts museum, check the turquoise at the El Dorado, and look at all the stuff. It’s the time of year to wear all my Native American jewelry!
We will take the Rail Runner, so I don't have to worry about parking. You know how crazy parking is near the Plaza! Our friend is in booth #211, so if you pass by, take a look!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will take the Rail Runner, so I don't have to worry about parking. You know how crazy parking is near the Plaza! Our friend is in booth #211, so if you pass by, take a look!
Will do! Thanks! Parking is nuts so I’m just going to Take a nice long walk lol!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do! Thanks! Parking is nuts so I’m just going to Take a nice long walk lol!
We had a great time at the Indian Market today!
Here is a photo of me and my good friend Rodney Coriz, whose jewelry I modeled last week. He sold the red coral piece early in the show.
IMG_20180818_190405.jpg
IMG_20180818_120459713.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a great time at the Indian Market today!
Here is a photo of me and my good friend Rodney Coriz, whose jewelry I modeled last week. He sold the red coral piece early in the show.
IMG_20180818_190405.jpg
IMG_20180818_120459713.jpg
You look amazing! What a fab market this really is! I was impressed by many artists, and couldn’t see everything because of an engagement after a film., BUT I’ll be going tomorrow again. Will be sure to check him out, @stracci! Btw, there were wonderful vendors in the El Dorado, including a great Persian turquoise dealer who was just so nice.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look amazing! What a fab market this really is! I was impressed by many artists, and couldn’t see everything because of an engagement after a film., BUT I’ll be going tomorrow again. Will be sure to check him out, @stracci! Btw, there were wonderful vendors in the El Dorado, including a great Persian turquoise dealer who was just so nice.
Yes, we went into the El Dorado, where I saw a bracelet that I was crazy about! But, alas, I just spent money on another piece last week, so I resisted. Rodney is on Palace St. Booth 211. Tell him "Debra" sent you!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we went into the El Dorado, where I saw a bracelet that I was crazy about! But, alas, I just spent money on another piece last week, so I resisted. Rodney is on Palace St. Booth 211. Tell him "Debra" sent you!
Will do. What was the bracelet like? I saw a gorgeous Persian turquoise necklace at a great price for what it was, but I’m trying to stay focused on a lavender jade ring. I also saw 2 wonderful vintage Zuni cuffs which I loved, but resisted. Have you been to the store ‘Rainbow Man’? They have wonderful things year round.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do. What was the bracelet like? I saw a gorgeous Persian turquoise necklace at a great price for what it was, but I’m trying to stay focused on a lavender jade ring. I also saw 2 wonderful vintage Zuni cuffs which I loved, but resisted. Have you been to the store ‘Rainbow Man’? They have wonderful things year round.
The bracelet was a cuff, with orange spiny oyster and mother of pearl inlay.
There was so much to look at! Then it rained a little, so we ducked into a gallery that had some awesome huge opals! There was also a fabulous pendant with a large Byzantine coin. I like coin jewelry a lot. Of course there was no way to see everything. I'm sure we walked right by Rainbow Man.
Have a great time tomorrow!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CA13D7AF-5F20-4FB1-82F6-1B8C8B0C74D7.jpeg If anyone has any projects in mind that needs hunks of turquoise, these pieces were in my gem haul. Weight is 96 grams or 480 carats worth. Or even a loved PS designer who works with turquoise as these are of no use to me.
My ring is for scale.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMG_20180812_160005.jpg
wow - some awsome pieces
i love that ring with the side spines (not sure what to call them:D)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMG_20180812_160005.jpg
sorry i was referring to this one
my apoligies
im still learning how to drive the quote function
the coral is of course quite spectacular itself

but really interesting to see jet in that necklass

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I don't know much about turquoise but these designers are very beautiful to my eyes.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
IMG_20180812_160005.jpg

I am so glad to come across this thread! I love Rodney's craftsmanship and style. Gorgeous pieces. I love Southwestern art, textiles, and jewelry. I own a necklace made by Nestoria Coriz (purchased in Cloudcroft) who I believe is Rodney's mother.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad to come across this thread! I love Rodney's craftsmanship and style. Gorgeous pieces. I love Southwestern art, textiles, and jewelry. I own a necklace made by Nestoria Coriz (purchased in Cloudcroft) who I believe is Rodney's mother.

Wow! Yes, his mom is Nestoria! She's a sweet lady. She taught him everything he knows!
I bet your necklace is awesome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results