carat
color
clarity

Show me your turquoise jewelry!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg image.jpeg

I picked this cuff up a few months back. I have a couple cuffs now, but love the open design of this one. Bluegemz's 30s-40s Zuni cuff is still my holy grail though....
Wow, so gorgeous!

samranmal

Rough_Rock
That is increadible!!! I absolutely adore your new cuff! Do you know about what time period it’s from? That’s a very unusual design, so, SO beautiful!

Thank you! It was supposedly from the 70s. Next on my list is a Zuni spiny oyster cuff. :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! It was supposedly from the 70s. Next on my list is a Zuni spiny oyster cuff. :)
I’m really blown away with it. It’s amazing, truly. Do you have any other turquoise cuffs? The spiny oyster will be beautiful. I recently got interested In the coral and spiny oyster cuffs also.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz , have you been to the Millicent Rodgers Museum in Taos?
The museum features all the Native American items she collected, most notably, the jewelry.
She also had a fabulous pottery and rug collection, which is also exhibited there.
That is Millicent in my avatar, wearing some of her pieces.
http://www.millicentrogers.org/index.php/the-collections/jewelry

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz , have you been to the Millicent Rodgers Museum in Taos?
The museum features all the Native American items she collected, most notably, the jewelry.
She also had a fabulous pottery and rug collection, which is also exhibited there.
That is Millicent in my avatar, wearing some of her pieces.
http://www.millicentrogers.org/index.php/the-collections/jewelry
I think I may have gone there when I was a 18, but not since then. I really need to go! Next time I’m up there I’ll be sure to check it out!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought these on Ebay several years ago. They are quite massive and well made.

standard.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do! Here is my full collection. I'd really like to find a spiny oyster with more coral also to coordinate with my necklace. IMG_20180313_203428548.jpg
IMG_20180313_203657678.jpg
Great collection! I love the pendant which you have, and the other Zuni cuff. Great sandcast cuff too! The squash blossom with the leaves is beautiful and delicate....they are all fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing. I think pictures which show everything together are really informative because one can see how a collection has filled out. A red cuff would be just perfect with that necklace!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg image.jpeg

I picked this cuff up a few months back. I have a couple cuffs now, but love the open design of this one. Bluegemz's 30s-40s Zuni cuff is still my holy grail though....

Wow, this is spectacular.:love: Beautiful on your arm!:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EA33C20F-0C30-4D8A-98E7-F4E5008041E7.jpeg 316D1CD9-697D-4705-ADD2-1E2D16E354B1.jpeg Wore this old Zuni cuff yesterday. This one reminds me of a straw flower or sun flower. One can see that some of the untreated turquoise has slowly changed to slightly greenish, which I think makes the colors more interesting personally.

@Bluegemz everything you have is incredibly beautiful! And what an amazing collection. A diverse range of gorgeous pieces.:love: Thank you for sharing them with us. Long may that continue.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can I post this after seeing @Bluegemz awesome Zuni cuff??
But I'm gonna do it anyway.....
Here is my meager collection of Zuni needlepoint.
It's so delicate, and the raised stones prone to chipping.
A Zuni silversmith once told me that the pieces of turquoise are placed in with super glue!
IMG_20180313_192220733.jpg

@stracci2000, you have a gorgeous collection too! I would never say meager. LOVE everything you have shared with us!:love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do! Here is my full collection. I'd really like to find a spiny oyster with more coral also to coordinate with my necklace. IMG_20180313_203428548.jpg
IMG_20180313_203657678.jpg
Regarding collecting, i ve always wanted to find the right Zuni necklace, but have had no luck thus far. It’s been my experience that of the beautiful pieces which strike me, only a few have really spoken. I’ve looked at hundreds and have found many almost right ones....and many unpurchasable ones on Pinterest and such......It’s been easier with cuffs so far. For example, I knew immediately that I had to have the 40’s one after years of casual perusing upon first sight. In addition to a necklace, I’d still like to find another turquoise cuff because I have 3 girls and would like to give one to each.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz everything you have is incredibly beautiful! And what an amazing collection. A diverse range of gorgeous pieces.:love: Thank you for sharing them with us. Long may that continue.:appl:
Thank you, Missy! You are so kind.

samranmal

Rough_Rock
Regarding collecting, i ve always wanted to find the right Zuni necklace, but have had no luck thus far. It’s been my experience that of the beautiful pieces which strike me, only a few have really spoken. I’ve looked at hundreds and have found many almost right ones....and many unpurchasable ones on Pinterest and such......It’s been easier with cuffs so far. For example, I knew immediately that I had to have the 40’s one after years of casual perusing upon first sight. In addition to a necklace, I’d still like to find another turquoise cuff because I have 3 girls and would like to give one to each.

Besides the coral/turquoise necklace and the new cuff I posted, everything else was passed down to my by both of my Grandmothers. I'm the only one to have ever developed the love/appreciation for Native American jewelry. So...I fully support your hunt to have a third cuff to pass down to your other daughter :)

BlueGlow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Ah, turquoise! Armenians often use turquoise in jewelry. This lovely ring was given to me by an elderly relative. Most Americans see turquoise as casual jewelry, so friends often comment on the relative formality of this white gold and diamond setting.
IMG_3324.JPG IMG_3325.JPG IMG_3327.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, turquoise! Armenians often use turquoise in jewelry. This lovely ring was given to me by an elderly relative. Most Americans see turquoise as casual jewelry, so friends often comment on the relative formality of this white gold and diamond setting.

What a beautiful turquoise stone and a gorgeous setting to match. I love seeing turquoise in beautiful settings. Does the beauty of the turquoise justice.:love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! I love turquoise and precious metal together. Fine turquoise definitely deserves fine metal. I’ve never had any paired with white gold, though turquoise and yellow gold . I really love the look of your ring. And, diamonds with turquoise is absolutely stunning!

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is very pretty and the turquoise is lovely!

BlueGlow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the compliments! <y'all need a "happy blush" emoticon!>

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is a map of where American turquoise is mined.
I hope it's not too small to read!
IMG_20180316_135341743.jpg

Love this! Thank you so much for sharing this! I have always wondered where exactly are some of these mines. Thanks!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
44157BF7-E49A-44C7-902D-45508DE6BD67.jpeg 77BED1E7-547C-4A81-9696-5A82FCACFF4F.jpeg 10EEB9ED-E470-423C-9023-17AEB465AC58.jpeg Most turquoise is beautiful, but every now and then, I find a piece which is poetic to me. That’s how I feel about this piece of Whitewater turquoise...I think this is my favorite piece of my collection so far judging by the stone alone. It reminds me of a Japanese print of water. I Will set in gold because it’s a pure, fresh blue which looks great with the warm of gold. Not sure whether to set as a ring or pendant yet though.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful piece of turquoise, Bluegemz! I really enjoy your gold and turquoise pieces, you don't see that combination much here in the US :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful piece of turquoise, Bluegemz! I really enjoy your gold and turquoise pieces, you don't see that combination much here in the US :)
Thank you, Leslie! It’s true that turquoise and gold isn’t that common here...I just don’t understand why since it’s such a naturally beautiful combination.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you own any larimar? Anyone who loves turquoise would probably appreciate this gem as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larimar

Hi! I see a lot of Larimar on cruises. It’s a beautiful shade of robin egg blue. I also saw a lot of it at the Tucson Gem Show. It’s a lower price point than turquoise too and I have seen many large pieces. For me though... my heart still goes for turquoise.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you own any larimar? Anyone who loves turquoise would probably appreciate this gem as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larimar
I do not own any Larimar, but it’s very lovely.! Thanks for the link....Recently, I was considering a larimar and gold ring, but passed in the end because I chose a turquoise instead. I find myself going for the turquoise..., maybe it’s the luster that gets me every time! And The feeling of a treasure in arid land that is magic.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the responses, Miki Moto and Bluegemz :) I was just curious if true turquoise lovers like yourselves were also attracted to this stone. Now I'm starting to want some turquoise set in gold, lol!

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results