carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Tiffany Silver: Bringing it Back

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a few of my pieces, i don't have pictures of them all!

picstitch.jpg

_6295.jpg

bead bracelets!

charm enhancer necklace and rubedo narrow ring

img_2772.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the medium bow necklace. I wear it often and I love it. It is so delicate and the chain can hardly be seen on the neck. It is my favorite casual piece. I also have one of the double heart (large) return to Tiff's necklace and I don't wear that much. It's really heavy feeling on.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Lovelikecrazy: Nice pieces!

Luvtosparkle: is your heavy double heart necklace the one with the toggle? I'd like to see a picture of it! Yes, the bow collection is nice, isn't it? I too have the medium bow pendant, but I kind of wish I'd got the smaller one. I've also got the silver bow studs, which I like better, I think. They're so delicate, but they still show up. I don't wear the bow earrings and bow necklace together, though. An adult woman can have too many bows!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith!!! Stop enabling!!!!!! :lol:

The Twig definitely wears Tiffany & they are always different. I have seen her in the chunky one with heart tag like yours many times, the padlock one a few times, a lariat style and also the 2 interlocked rings. Sometimes she wears chunky bracelets too, but I haven't got close enough to identify those yet. She wafts through the playground on her infinitely beautiful long Twig Legs like a beautiful smelling breeze. I promise to be more studious for you next week....

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
You could use the Tiffany silver to strike up a conversation.

Are you going to buy a nice heavy chunk of silvery goodness, then? Christmas cometh... :naughty:

In a minute I'm going to the pub in my Tiffany choker and my new ear-blings. My friend Wendy is working at the pub and she is also bringing her Tiffany back, so that'll be two of us looking like a blast from 1998. This necklace hasn't seen daylight in years...

Here's a gratuitous shot. Someone here told me that Americans wear bigger jewellery day-to-day and that I'll just have to get used to it, so here we are: :lol:

gedc2770.jpg

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1384614598|3557566 said:
Here's a few of my pieces, i don't have pictures of them all!

picstitch.jpg

_6295.jpg

bead bracelets!

charm enhancer necklace and rubedo narrow ring

very jealous of that charm enhancer....if you're ever looking to unload it, you let me know!

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Smith1942|1384644894|3557759 said:
You could use the Tiffany silver to strike up a conversation.

Are you going to buy a nice heavy chunk of silvery goodness, then? Christmas cometh... :naughty:

In a minute I'm going to the pub in my Tiffany choker and my new ear-blings. My friend Wendy is working at the pub and she is also bringing her Tiffany back, so that'll be two of us looking like a blast from 1998. This necklace hasn't seen daylight in years...

Here's a gratuitous shot. Someone here told me that Americans wear bigger jewellery day-to-day and that I'll just have to get used to it, so here we are: :lol:

looks fabulous!

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
my collection - the only thing missing is my Notes ring, no idea where it is atm. This even includes my grossly mangled Zellige, that I just can't seem to part with!

img_2776.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lovebug! :wavey: I like your collection. You've got a rubber duckie charm!!! Cute! I like the Notes collection but don't have anything from it. Do you find that you wear the earrings a lot? And do you wear the dove a lot? It looks really nice. Which of your pieces do you get the most compliments on?

And what the hell did you do to that Zellige pendant??? Eat it? :lol:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Lovelikecrazy: Howe often do you wear your Tiffany silver, and which pieces get the most compliments?

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Smith1942|1384693982|3557945 said:
Thanks, Lovebug! :wavey: I like your collection. You've got a rubber duckie charm!!! Cute! I like the Notes collection but don't have anything from it. Do you find that you wear the earrings a lot? And do you wear the dove a lot? It looks really nice. Which of your pieces do you get the most compliments on?

And what the hell did you do to that Zellige pendant??? Eat it? :lol:

The duck is actually my newest charm! I generally get one/year from my FI - this year I got 2, the e-ring one, and the duck!

Now that i've polished my pieces I'll probably wear them more that I did. I used to wear the dove pendant a ton, but stopped for some reason. I really would prefer 18" chains, so that's probably why I stopped wearing it as much!

I tend to sleep in my earrings, and those aren't as comfortable to do so for me, but when I actually remember to change my earrings, I do wear them!

My dog ate the Zellige ring! I was REALLY upset about it when I saw it mangled on the floor - it was my favorite piece and i got lots of compliments on!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I have the signature bangle and the somerset knot earrings. I don't have a picture of my earrings.

c0c3c73aa249_6a55a0ce-b117-4228-970d-e0a7b4b56b9d.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Nice, sweetpea! :appl:

Lovebug: Does your dog have no respect for the pale blue gods? :lol: Did you ask him, "How would you like it, if you had a diamond-studded dog collar and I ate it, hmmm?"

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Smith1942|1384706035|3558033 said:
Nice, sweetpea! :appl:

Lovebug: Does your dog have no respect for the pale blue gods? :lol: Did you ask him, "How would you like it, if you had a diamond-studded dog collar and I ate it, hmmm?"

lol she doesn't have much respect for electronics either! I have quite a few chewed up remotes :)
I actually asked Tiffany if they could fix it...they laughed at me!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Re. Tiffany, at least you tried!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1384577194|3557467 said:
AprilBaby|1384558896|3557309 said:
I live in an affluent Chicago suburb and this stuff is a dime a dozen for the HS girls. Same thing with Victoria's Secret, That has even become very jr high. Adult women won't wear it anymore. Also Coach purses. See them everywhere on girls heading into the HS.

Which Coach purses? There are the styles that are worn by many age/economic groups, then the other ones...being the ones that are $1000 or more. Seems like Coach is branching out into two target audiences, those who can purchase the cloth/logo bags and those who purchase leather.

All different coach purses, leather and cloth. These are the same kids driving Hummers to school. Coach is now passé, they have moved on to Tory Burch.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I'm enjoying bringing out my old Tiffany silver. I'd quite forgotten what a lift a chunky piece of silver gives to your outfit.

Re. trends - you're someone who either is into trends, or you're not. My sister is, big time - she's always got her finger on the pulse regarding what's hot, what's not, and the minute it even starts to go out of style, she can smell the trend fading. She works in fashion marketing.

Me, trends and coolness are like speaking Double Dutch. I've never taken any notice of a trend in my life, or given a thought to my coolness, except when I'm cold, and am a bespectacled work-at-home book editor! So, Aprilbaby, I totally concur with what you say about high school kids and their trends - I can see it all around me. I see young girls with Tory Burch shoes, etc. But just because no one wears Tiffany silver any more is no reason not to wear it, I've decided! After all, that stuff cost good money, y'know? I agree that it isn't in, but I'm wearing mine, and maybe the fashionistas will think I'm being ironic! And when you take the fashion stuff out of the equation, it still looks very pretty, I think. I know it's "out" in a big way though. I'm wearing my stuff in full knowledge of that! Maybe I'll get carded because of it! :lol:

I wonder if Tiffany has seen a huge slowdown in the last five years of their RTT chokers and chunky heart necklaces. They must be scratching their heads, wondering how to create the next iconic item.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany locks today. Although I like them, they're probably my least favourite out of all my silver Tiffany. I did get the bracelet on ebay though for a mere 30 pounds, so about 50 dollars. (It's genuine - Tiffany sized it for me.)

gedc2785.jpg

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Smith1942|1384715873|3558082 said:
Tiffany locks today. Although I like them, they're probably my least favourite out of all my silver Tiffany. I did get the bracelet on ebay though for a mere 30 pounds, so about 50 dollars. (It's genuine - Tiffany sized it for me.)

they don't always know when something is "genuine" i bought a charm bracelet from a PS vendor - took it to Tiff TWICE to be serviced, and noted myself it looked off then determined it was a fake. I was so mad!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
From a PS vendor? :errrr: Did you get your money back?

This lock bracelet is definitely real. I've got the matching lock charm on the necklace. The deep but delicate engraving, weight, proportions, curves, lock spring - everything is identical.

Here is my concoction for today - Tiffany bow earrings, heart necklace, infinity ring, and donut bracelet. I'm working at home - I wouldn't actually go out in quite this much Tiffany silver, just wearing it home and around my hood. It's great to see it all out again! I'd forgotten how flattering shiny silver is. Maybe I'll kick off a great revival of Tiffany silver in the city of Boston!

Pic below of my Tiffany silver donut bracelet, which I forgot to show before. It's less chunky than the others, which makes a nice change.

gedc2793.jpg

gedc2802.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
What Tiffany silver are YOU wearing today?

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Smith1942|1384803422|3558612 said:
From a PS vendor? :errrr: Did you get your money back?

This lock bracelet is definitely real. I've got the matching lock charm on the necklace. The deep but delicate engraving, weight, proportions, curves, lock spring - everything is identical.

Here is my concoction for today - Tiffany bow earrings, heart necklace, infinity ring, and donut bracelet. I'm working at home - I wouldn't actually go out in quite this much Tiffany silver, just wearing it home and around my hood. It's great to see it all out again! I'd forgotten how flattering shiny silver is. Maybe I'll kick off a great revival of Tiffany silver in the city of Boston!

Pic below of my Tiffany silver donut bracelet, which I forgot to show before. It's less chunky than the others, which makes a nice change.

Yes! They didn't know, it was an estate piece - and they very very apologetic and refunded my money promptly!

I'm LOVING all your Tiffany silver, Smith! Keep it coming :) My favorite is the infinity ring!

Just my charm bracelet today - although i'm rocking a pretty substantial silver necklace that was my grandmothers (and horrendously tarnished until Saturday).

_12031.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful chunky silver necklace, Lovebug! Do you wear it often? How lovely that it was your grandmother's.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Smith1942|1384817341|3558790 said:
That's a beautiful chunky silver necklace, Lovebug! Do you wear it often? How lovely that it was your grandmother's.

i'll be wearing it more often now that i've cleaned it. it was almost black before a cleaning! It still needs a really good polish! She got rid of a ton of jewelry (mostly costume) a few years ago, then again this year - since i'm the only girl in the family that gives a rats @ss about jewelry I always get first dibs!

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
Wow! This is an interesting thread. I may have a very different perspective than most... I had NO IDEA that Tiffany silver was considered high school and so yesterday. I only discovered it a couple of years ago because I saw a lovely necklace on a girl on a reality tv show in Australia. I wanted to find out what it was so I could get one, looked up some blogs on the show and lo and behold someone did mention the necklace - as being Tiffany. I am not a brand girl and so the fact that it was Tiffany was a turn off for me (I don't want to pay more just for a name) but no one else had that perfect necklace. It was the heart/toggle. I was so pleased they have a version without the Tiffany engraving on it.

In the end I decided on the bracelet instead, which after subtle hinting was duly presented to me by my husband for a birthday. He had the heart engraved 'I love you'. I bet I am now to find out that is very high school as well!! I adore it and wear it very often, I really feel prettier with it on and think I will love it forever. And I love the engraving.

I do have plans to get the necklace as well, not because it matches (probably won't wear them together) but just because I still think it is a lovely necklace, with a size and length that will make it very wearable. And of course being silver, I don't have to worry about the color matching an outfit. In Australia it costs a lot more than in the US which is putting me off as it is so unfair. I would like to buy it in the States when the opportunity arises, or get a friend to get it for me.

I also have the same little heart earrings in the picture at the top of this page, which were given to us free by Tiffany for mucking our order around. As I am not a trend girl I don't really like the 'Return to Tiffany' engraving, don't think I would have liked it when it was trendy either, but they were free and are quite nice on.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Come on, come on, then! Let's see your bracelet!

And anyway, who cares if some people think it's out! I'm really enjoying wearing mine again, having been distracted by other types of jewellery.

The US website doesn't seem to have a lot of the chunky silver heart necklaces from the Return to Tiffany line that they used to have, including the heart necklace with the plain heart that I've got. It sounds as if your bracelet matches that? Of course, it could be that the websites just have a small selection, and in fact my SA at Tiffany did tell me that. She could have been trying to put me off the site, of course! Anyway, if you want a necklace you might want to get it sooner rather than later as they do seem to have retired some of their designs in that range lately. For example, the oval tag choker was retired, and it's true that they have replaced it with a new version, but what if you don't like it as much, etc etc. I've just noticed that there seems to be less to choose from in that range now. Thought you might like to know that!

I have heard a lot about high prices in Australia. I buy Folio Society books and Aussie members complain bitterly about the same issue. It isn't fair at all, I agree.

What about buying pre-owned from ebay or any of the other second-hand websites? There is an oval Tiffany choker for sale in preloved on this website right now for $150 from member lizzyann...might not be what you're looking for, though. However, I think that the oval choker is REALLY nice - I have the heart one - and for that price... :naughty:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Just checked the US website again, and they seem to have more stuff on there than the other day.

Is this the necklace you're talking about? If you want a plain heart, I bet Tiffany would swap it for you - or, if they try to make you buy a new plain heart in addition, not instead of, you could just ask them to turn the engraved heart over.

23843951_241575_ed.jpg

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
Hi Smith,

Yes that is the one, but with the plain heart. I had a look at the website again this morning (you bad influence, you!!) and I also noticed the chunkier necklaces are in definite decline! They were the ones I liked, I think you might be able to get pendants of various sorts anywhere. I'm feeling a definite urge now to get me the necklace before they disappear!! I definitely want this particular one and no other.

The bracelet is just like in the photo except bracelet sized. So you don't need a photo. Well the truth is (I'm so embarrassed) I don't know how to post photos. I don't even have a smart phone. My phone is dumb. I'm so glad you found the photo for me!!

It's just a lovely classic design that I can't see NOT looking great long term. Most of my friends aren't into jewellery at all and wouldn't have a clue that it was dated (as I didn't until duly informed!)

I do have one friend with this necklace but it is a fake as she is happy to admit.

Anyway I agree with you, they are gorgeous pieces that still look great. Even the chunkier ones are still very elegant.

Thanks for the thread!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will always have a soft spot for my Tiffany stuff. My dad used to get me a new piece every year for my birthday and Christmas from 16 til I was 21 when he died. Some of it I don't wear anymore (the toggle heart bracelet and the RTT ring), while I still wear my onyx bead bracelet at least once a week. I recently bought the matching stud onyx earrings when I was in Paris earlier this year - I'd never seen them here in the US and I LOVE them. I also still wear my silver bead earrings quite a bit to work. I'll have to break out the camera and take some pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results