shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your statement solitaire necklaces!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
This will be delivered tomorrow! I inherited my great grandmothers 4mm oec. Too small for a pendant on it's own. Then I found a large old cut oval zircon on an old brooch. This will be my daily wear statement pendant, hanging from an 18" 14k rolo chain with diamond cut bead stations.
20201013_134238.jpg 20201013_103745.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This will be delivered tomorrow! I inherited my great grandmothers 4mm oec. Too small for a pendant on it's own. Then I found a large old cut oval zircon on an old brooch. This will be my daily wear statement pendant, hanging from an 18" 14k rolo chain with diamond cut bead stations.

WOW @CHRISTY-DANIELLE this will be spectacular and very special! I'm so excited to see this on you! I love using family diamonds.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would love more pics of that rolo chain! I’ve never seen anything like it but it’s awesome!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I would love more pics of that rolo chain! I’ve never seen anything like it but it’s awesome!

Thanks! Was a lucky Etsy find from a vintage seller. But it's 4mm...couldn't find a pendant with large enough bale. But my pendant arrived today from Daniel M and its perfect. Also shocked how much larger and whiter great grandmas diamond looks in this setting!
20201019_181005.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Was a lucky Etsy find from a vintage seller. But it's 4mm...couldn't find a pendant with large enough bale. But my pendant arrived today from Daniel M and its perfect. Also shocked how much larger and whiter great grandmas diamond looks in this setting!
20201019_181005.jpg

This is beautiful on you @CHRISTY-DANIELLE :kiss2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20201019_181005.jpg

Stunning!!!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
20201019_181005.jpg

Wow, this is beautiful!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
This is my pendent that I wasted money making! Oh well :) I am learning.

I don’t like how the chain is so thin. I don’t like how the platinum chain looks dull in colour. I don’t like how the bezel is shiny and the chain is not. I don’t like how this necklace looks extremely similar to my berricle Cz necklace (yep, the one I bought and wore to test if a necklace like this would get a lot of wear!).

Sometimes I get in a weird mood about my jewelry. Maybe this piece will grow on me.

Anyways. Loving the inspiration! A82DA9DA-CA33-45B1-9C5C-483EAA3CB067.jpeg A213F144-3DBB-439A-A423-58466D50503F.jpeg 6045BA3E-2668-4E7E-8FD2-4EE1C97CD99C.jpeg

I think this looks lovely on you! I agree with the previous suggestions about the chain and miligrain. Perhaps you could try swapping out for a thicker white gold chain, which in my experience is much sparklier than platinum. Then maybe layer an18" pendant with it for more interest. This could at least tide you over until you're ready to reset.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this looks lovely on you! I agree with the previous suggestions about the chain and miligrain. Perhaps you could try swapping out for a thicker white gold chain, which in my experience is much sparklier than platinum. Then maybe layer an18" pendant with it for more interest. This could at least tide you over until you're ready to reset.

I think a white gold chain on a platinum pendant would not be mine clean for me! >.<
Good idea though. And thanks for saying it looks nice. It really is beautiful, I’m just neurotic.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my pendent that I wasted money making! Oh well :) I am learning.

I don’t like how the chain is so thin. I don’t like how the platinum chain looks dull in colour. I don’t like how the bezel is shiny and the chain is not. I don’t like how this necklace looks extremely similar to my berricle Cz necklace (yep, the one I bought and wore to test if a necklace like this would get a lot of wear!).

Sometimes I get in a weird mood about my jewelry. Maybe this piece will grow on me.

Anyways. Loving the inspiration! A82DA9DA-CA33-45B1-9C5C-483EAA3CB067.jpeg A213F144-3DBB-439A-A423-58466D50503F.jpeg 6045BA3E-2668-4E7E-8FD2-4EE1C97CD99C.jpeg

A cheap solution for a dull platinum chain is to have them rhodium plated. I wish I'd remember to ask for that when I have something made, but I do think it will make a big difference. Although since you plan to remake the pendant, just do it on the new chain.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This thread is dangerous! I love single stone and that hear is beautiful but omg to their prices!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
1.25ct FLY heart pendant...

DSC_2898.JPG

DSC_2923.JPG

Hi @Catmom Do you have a separate thread on this necklace? I love the chain. Is it three strands? Do they get tangled? Would love to see a neck shot, please.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cheap solution for a dull platinum chain is to have them rhodium plated. I wish I'd remember to ask for that when I have something made, but I do think it will make a big difference. Although since you plan to remake the pendant, just do it on the new chain.

This is a good idea but it will take me some time to get used to it... the main reason I love platinum is that it doesn’t need plating! >.< but maybe in this case, it really does...

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine, platinum with a little yellow gold, I love it. 20200828_164245.jpg

Ok now we’re talking!!!! I need all the details please! This has PRESENCE, is two-tone, and a durable chain! All the details, please!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good idea but it will take me some time to get used to it... the main reason I love platinum is that it doesn’t need plating! >.< but maybe in this case, it really does...

It sounds like you want another style altogether, which I understand! But in the case of rhodium plating a platinum chain, it's likely a once in a lifetime thing to do. If it ever slightly wears off, you still have platinum underneath. With white gold, when rhodium wears off, you have yellowish metal which requires replating. I have a couple of platinum chains that need plating because they are a little dull. I wouldn't hesitate to do it to make a chain brighter and whiter.

If you like NonieMarie's pendant, James Meyer used to make styles like that but he is retired. His son, Caleb Meyer, and also Ann McKay make some pendants in related styles. I am not sure if either one of them accept client stones, but it may give you some additional ideas. Their sites have their names and .com.

Last edited:

lola_86

Rough_Rock
This is a family heirloom that my mom had re-set by Brian Scholdt. I love it, I'm also obsessed with bezels! It is a bit more interesting that a standard pendant. Platinum and 18k gold if I remember correctly, and I think it is in the same ct range as yours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results