shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your stabilizers! Help for uneven piercings & drooping earrings!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When I was researching my studs upgrade, I went through PS and found MANY helpful posts and ideas for my issue, but I thought it would be a great resource if they were all compiled into one thread!

Uneven piercings? Drooping studs? Heavy dangles that you can’t live without, but can’t wear longer than an hour? A setting change that fixed the problem? Skin irritation that had to be addressed?

PLEASE add what has worked for you! Maybe it will help someone. Post the product, any links to vendors or suppliers, and please also link previous posts or threads that should be included here! AND, since this is SMTB, let’s see those Before & After bling shots!

I’ll start—my issue is uneven piercings. My left piercing is just a mm or so lower than my right, but as I was creeping up the stud size, I began to get worried about how big I could actually go, size-wise.

I got new ACAs from Whiteflash in their six-prong martini setting. 1.32 ctw. I could push my La Pousette backs in very tightly to attempt to fix my lower piercing, but the earring would leave a mark on my skin, and I was afraid of stretching my piercings over time.

I decided to try this product that I got off Amazon-
DE326148-E458-49E6-86F9-C57BEFDA414E.jpeg

*all of these pictures have the earrings clicked in to the same mark on the posts. Nothing is different except that little dot sticker!*

Before:
BBFCC277-FB73-4802-A7F3-6EF176E0917E.jpeg

After!
F4AC4438-84F7-41AC-B884-BC26791D2BA1.jpeg

Before
83E74FC7-B5C3-4212-B8A6-A49C6BF21E58.jpeg

After!
79D34EB3-105C-4F96-A1EA-4ED0952496E5.jpeg

Before
CD2A9FDD-054C-46D5-9CA9-C7D43638DC8F.jpeg

After! I can totally go up to 4ctw now that I have these dots! Hah!
1FB816C1-4E08-46F2-B358-3500A8DFC1D0.jpeg

Another before pic— look how low and flopped it is!
E5EE751D-089B-43CE-A010-F11F1821A09E.jpeg

The bling guard dots are like little foam stickers. So this adhesive will not work for everyone. You can cut these to make them smaller if needed. I don’t think this company makes different flesh tones, but I hope they’re in development! Other companies with similar products may have a variety.
DB028F6C-1089-4807-B17E-E14228C128F1.jpeg

Another glorious AFTER shot!
C928E159-E2BC-4B86-AC95-2DB043ECFDB1.jpeg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I use the bling dots too! They do a fabulous job

Edited to add: Melissa at High Performance Diamonds sent me some with hoop earrings. I ordered more on Amazon

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Are the dots single wear? I take off my earrings nightly, so if they are one use then they are not practical for me on a daily basis but would be good for special occasions!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I use a product called Levears that I saw on Facebook one day. They are designed to have a right ear and left ear specific back and they do help stabilize earrings for those with stretched piercings. After a long day I would notice that the earring wouldn't be quite as perky on my lobes but overall they did work well.

However, 6 weeks ago I had ear lobe repair surgery to fix my stretched piercings. I'm looking forward to being able to wear regular earring backs someday soon.

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 7.00.21 PM.png

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Are the dots single wear? I take off my earrings nightly, so if they are one use then they are not practical for me on a daily basis but would be good for special occasions!

If you read the Amazon Q&A for this product you can see that some people say they leave them on for a few days, even up to a week.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Adding @LLJsmom jumbo back thread here, since it was one that was very helpful to me, and probably what I will do if I increase my stud size again:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Great pics of your new studs @KristinTech! They look killer with your red shirt!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone tried them who is allergic to some sticking blasters ?

My problem is the 'stem' on my screw back diamond studs is too thick for my peiercings

For years ive worn small silver keepers/ sleepers with no problem
But i had major pus and gunk going on with the screw backs

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Many thanks to @RunningwithScissors in another thread for posting about these backs! I got a pair last month and I am loving them. Even though the bling dots worked perfectly and were wonderful for my uneven piercings, I did get tired of the adhesive for “everyday studs.”
These backs really are secure and the version with stabilizer discs work so well for me. Thanks again, RWS!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These backs really are secure and the version with stabilizer discs work so well for me. Thanks again, RWS!

Thank you for updating. I just ordered the xtras in gold and platinum. I hope this resolves my issues as it did yours.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for updating. I just ordered the xtras in gold and platinum. I hope this resolves my issues as it did yours.

Let us know how they work out when they arrive!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ordered some about a week ago and they work really well !! I’m having my studs reset at the moment dropped them off today but the Chrysmela backs will still work with the new settings .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results