shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your square H&A and princess of hearts diamonds

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the videos - it's incredible how you can see the arrows! Nicely captured!

I think this stone is fantastic because it has an unusual and very beautiful outside shape, yet it has amazing performance. What a find! I cannot wait to see how you set it for your right hand ring.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondhoarder - ... er, I think I'm meant to be able to find words. :-o

Those videos are awesome. And lovely carat/colour/clarity - but most importantly, as we all know, that cut is pretty amazing!

How are you taking those videos and pictures???

Honestly it's just stunning.

I looked through the pictures I have on my previous stone. I don't have many. It honestly just ... was an awful stone. It was nearly impossible to take any photo of it that didn't look terrible (not that I'm good at photography anyway, but you know). It was an F VVS1, too - but just really badly cut. I learnt a lot of lessons with that stone. It was the head obstruction that was the problem, I loved the outer shape a lot and I loved the idea of the faceting. It just didn't work.

DSCF1431 (2).JPG

That is a zoom of one of the better photos I took of it, at an angle under bright lighting. But perhaps you get the sense of the faceting? The smaller versions I had seen had the same faceting but just... beautiful. Really beautifully cut. Big chunky flashes of fire like yours has. Not quite the same as a square round brilliant, but when I had seen it that's what I thought of, and I had thought that was my ideal diamond.

Congratulations on yours! I'm glad you've done so much better! And again, those photos and videos are glorious. :kiss2:

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondhoarder - ... er, I think I'm meant to be able to find words. :-o

Those videos are awesome. And lovely carat/colour/clarity - but most importantly, as we all know, that cut is pretty amazing!

How are you taking those videos and pictures???

Honestly it's just stunning.

I looked through the pictures I have on my previous stone. I don't have many. It honestly just ... was an awful stone. It was nearly impossible to take any photo of it that didn't look terrible (not that I'm good at photography anyway, but you know). It was an F VVS1, too - but just really badly cut. I learnt a lot of lessons with that stone. It was the head obstruction that was the problem, I loved the outer shape a lot and I loved the idea of the faceting. It just didn't work.

DSCF1431 (2).JPG

That is a zoom of one of the better photos I took of it, at an angle under bright lighting. But perhaps you get the sense of the faceting? The smaller versions I had seen had the same faceting but just... beautiful. Really beautifully cut. Big chunky flashes of fire like yours has. Not quite the same as a square round brilliant, but when I had seen it that's what I thought of, and I had thought that was my ideal diamond.

Congratulations on yours! I'm glad you've done so much better! And again, those photos and videos are glorious. :kiss2:

Lykame, how annoying for you that despite lovely size, colour and clarity your diamond ended up disappointing you with its light return.

I just read your thread about your upgrade where you explained the background to the purchase of your square stone. I'm in the UK too and I know exactly what you mean about the frustrations of shopping for diamonds with optimum light performance in Hatton Garden. On my various visits there I have found that I seem to be a lot more knowledgeable than most of the jewellers there when it comes to cut and light performance. I don't think they are used to customers like us :lol: I have ended up getting my stones from recommended vendors in the US for this very reason.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just found these online :love:

XP-i2-Stone-MKwh-AR-04-1024x1024.jpg i2-xp-group-rings-1024x795.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Lykame, how annoying for you that despite lovely size, colour and clarity your diamond ended up disappointing you with its light return.

I just read your thread about your upgrade where you explained the background to the purchase of your square stone. I'm in the UK too and I know exactly what you mean about the frustrations of shopping for diamonds with optimum light performance in Hatton Garden. On my various visits there I have found that I seem to be a lot more knowledgeable than most of the jewellers there when it comes to cut and light performance. I don't think they are used to customers like us :lol: I have ended up getting my stones from recommended vendors in the US for this very reason.

:kiss2: It was extremely annoying. The diamonds material was just beautiful you know, it had such potential. Cut is everything.

Hatton Garden. :???: Definitely knew more than a lot of the people I spoke to down there, and I wouldn't say I knew a lot. I just don't understand how they can stay in the dark ages when it comes to their very business. Nobody knows what an ASET scope is! :shock:

As I'm sure you will have seen, I ended up getting my upgrade from CBI. LUCKILY I could do that from England. Before I discovered that I was talking to a lot of the American companies because you're right, it's one of the only other ways to actually get what you're paying for.

Tell us how you're going to set your stone!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting and stone! Thank you for the update and picture! Do you plan to wear it every day on your right hand?

Thanks :) I have a couple of RH rings for daily wear and so I will wear this interchangeably with the others. My others are mostly white metals but I have a things for rose gold bracelets at the moment so this will go nicely with those when I'm having a rose gold day.

pricescopenewbie

Shiny_Rock
Hello @rainydaze , @diamondhoarder and @monipod, I want to thank you for providing such an informative post! I'm searching for an ering and I'm glad I ran into this post!

I like square/rectangular shape and I also want fire and sintillation. It's so hard to find a stone with both features, though. Before I read this post, I was set on old cut cushion as that was the closest cut as far as I knew to tick both boxes. I'm glad this post is here so I know there is one more option!

@rainydaze it is insteresting to know that your HOF gets more compliments than your OEC. I wonder What is your observations/comparisons between the two types of stones as you have both of them. Your suggestions will be so helpful for me to decide which route I should go down.

Again I appreciate all the great information and help! I can't wait to hear your advice! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results