carat
color
clarity

Show me your Spring Flowers!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20150419_115421.jpeg 20150419_115436.jpeg 20150419_115442.jpeg
My daughters' fairy gardens. We can't find the fairies. The dog must have taken them, lol!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pictures Ceg!!! I love the fact that your daughter enjoys it too.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can anyone identify this flower? I am titling it "A Flower Grows in Brooklyn"...tough little guy.:sun:

My guess is ranunculus. I reserve the right to be completely wrong...

Wink

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taken after a windy rain shower.

Hyacinth.jpg

Wink

Mmm... I can smell that heady fragrance just by looking at your photo, Wink!

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone identify this flower? I am titling it "A Flower Grows in Brooklyn"...tough little guy.:sun:

flowerbrooklyn.jpg

flowersbrooklyn.jpeg

::)

I'm pretty sure that's some sort of camellia.

My city unofficially calls itself "the camellia capital." It used to hold an annual camellia festival, parade, and camellia queen contest... all long gone. It still has an annual camellia show however, and there are still quite a few camellia bushes around, particularly in older neighborhoods like the one I live in.

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful flowers! Spring really is amazing!

Here's my offering, from the planting strip between the sidewalk and the curb in front of my house. I Replaced the lawn there with flowers +/- 7 years ago (?) when I put in a dry creek bed to drain a low spot in the sidewalk when it rains. It's taken this long for the area to really fill in and for the hardiest species to emerge. Shown below: IMG_6660.JPG groundcover (tapien) verbena, Veronica, and celery-scented cranesbill geranium. The Veronica isn't blooming just yet.

The big picture: IMG_6655.JPG

I've just finished planting the other side of the planting strip, which is drier (more tree roots) and gets more shade. I'm using some verbena and Veronica cuttings, and introducing some new types of plants. A few years from now, we'll see what survived the heat, drought, and watering restrictions!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Wink and thank you @VRBeauty.

More lovely flowers in Brooklyn.

springflowers.jpg

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ground cover going crazy!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such beautiful flowers! Spring really is amazing!

Here's my offering, from the planting strip between the sidewalk and the curb in front of my house. I Replaced the lawn there with flowers +/- 7 years ago (?) when I put in a dry creek bed to drain a low spot in the sidewalk when it rains. It's taken this long for the area to really fill in and for the hardiest species to emerge. Shown below: IMG_6660.JPG groundcover (tapien) verbena, Veronica, and celery-scented cranesbill geranium. The Veronica isn't blooming just yet.

The big picture: IMG_6655.JPG

I've just finished planting the other side of the planting strip, which is drier (more tree roots) and gets more shade. I'm using some verbena and Veronica cuttings, and introducing some new types of plants. A few years from now, we'll see what survived the heat, drought, and watering restrictions!

That's lovely - So much better than grass! Verbena struggles in my garden as the soil isn't free draining enough so I'm envious.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daffodil delight in Brooklyn today
flowersparkslope.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daffodil delight in Brooklyn today
flowersparkslope.jpg

Beautiful! Daffodils have always been a favorite. I still plan to find an area in my garden for all of the beautiful daffodils I used to look at and dream of seeing in person one day.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some of mine from last spring. So far none of my flowers are blooming yet.
A414E9DF-AC41-4119-ADC9-DF26607F241F.jpeg C410E9C6-1F02-49A2-9247-934BE0D1E12A.jpeg F4295EAE-7858-47FA-8B9C-14BFC0C4F7B3.jpeg F1F9CE44-1C85-4908-B58B-4D8E4029A2ED.jpeg 33FDF334-3489-4B49-9B7A-F71916914AD5.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @TooPatient. I love daffodils too. The Narcissus genus I believe. And the name fits. If I was as pretty as those daffodils I would be a narcissist too 8-):kiss: :lol:

@kayla17 beautiful flowers from last year:love: and I hope your 2018 Spring flowers start blooming soon...it has been a weird weather spring and I think they need some gentle coaxing.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @TooPatient. I love daffodils too. The Narcissus genus I believe. And the name fits. If I was as pretty as those daffodils I would be a narcissist too 8-):kiss: :lol:

@kayla17 beautiful flowers from last year:love: and I hope your 2018 Spring flowers start blooming soon...it has been a weird weather spring and I think they need some gentle coaxing.

Thanks missy! This weather is so strange. So far nothing is blooming but it did rain a lot so hopefully that will bring them out. This past Saturday we did clear up all the old leaves and mulch. We have a lot of weeds this year compared to last year too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More Brooklyn flowers. Tulips. Our building planted them all around our trees on the block.

tulips.jpg
tulips.jpeg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

flowerbrooklyn.jpg

flowersbrooklyn.jpeg

and some progress on the Magnolia tree. Woohoo.:appl:

magnoliabrooklyn.jpg

The temps hit high 80s here yesterday. And right now it's 41 degrees which is also the expected high. Yup officially cuckoo weather. ::)
That is a camellia. What type, I can’t tell you because there are so many and I’m not an expert. When I look up “pink camellia with white edges,” I only find one stock photo that matches without it’s formal name.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty purple petals. :kiss2:

06EF1363-7FD1-41A2-A4CF-A43C2E1D6708.jpeg 06A9759D-7955-4D81-85C6-44B34AA0BB78.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful blooms everyone! Keep them coming, so nice to look at. My roses are coming in - photos coming soon.

Q

Queenie60

ioUjFJlUTiKomFyUkWafMA.jpg My roses are blooming! Now I have to keep up with them all summer long! Cutting off the dead blooms so that the new ones can bloom! This is one of my most therapeutic jobs in the yard.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_7416.JPG Love all the beautiful flowers! My yellow roses , that my old son gave us years ago,are in full bloom and my artichokes, that my young son gave us years ago, are also in bloom! We have been feasting on the artichokes but will leave some to bloom!

Attachments

• IMG_1880.JPG
    IMG_1880.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 15

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_7419.JPG Cactus in bloom!!

Q

Queenie60

IMG_7416.JPG Love all the beautiful flowers! My yellow roses , that my old son gave us years ago,are in full bloom and my artichokes, that my young son gave us years ago, are also in bloom! We have been feasting on the artichokes but will leave some to bloom!
Gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results