shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your snake jewelry

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I’m really happy with this bracelet. It’s not the Victorian style like I typically prefer but with the scales and his cute little face I’m really digging it. The only thing that I lament is most bracelets are loose on me because my wrists are 5 3/4 “

Mine are 5 1/2. Don't you hate how hard it is just to find a watch band that fits without a ton of extra material on the end? If you grow tired of your lovely bracelet, just ship it to me, lol.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
LOVE! What’s the story on this one?

Hey!
There was a gal here...I've got covid and my brain is mush...she commissioned Sally from Heart of Water (I think it was) to make this snake ring. She used to have them on her site afterward in gold and silver. I ordered one in silver. Wish I could have gotten it in gold!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hey!
There was a gal here...I've got covid and my brain is mush...she commissioned Sally from Heart of Water (I think it was) to make this snake ring. She used to have them on her site afterward in gold and silver. I ordered one in silver. Wish I could have gotten it in gold!

It’s sooooo pretty.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Atwater are you still loving your snake ring? You need to post a pic in this thread!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hey!

I think it was...Moschiko?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I finally have my own snake ring to share! I found it at Grays Antique Market in London. The hallmarks say it's from Chester, 1918, 18k, made by E. J. Trevitt & Sons, who were primarily silversmiths. Seller said the stones on the heads were "Burmese ruby", but he had no paperwork so I've no reason to believe they're anything better than synthetic. I absolutely adore it.

20230706_174729.jpg

Here's a little video if anyone wants to see more of it:

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! It's full of charm and character!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally have my own snake ring to share! I found it at Grays Antique Market in London. The hallmarks say it's from Chester, 1918, 18k, made by E. J. Trevitt & Sons, who were primarily silversmiths. Seller said the stones on the heads were "Burmese ruby", but he had no paperwork so I've no reason to believe they're anything better than synthetic. I absolutely adore it.

20230706_174729.jpg

I absolutely adore it also!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

20230706_174729.jpg

I love it!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock

20230706_174729.jpg

Love it!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I've shown this already on the Men's Bling thread, but I think it belongs here as well:

Here is the story I gave there:
Both stones are sapphires from central Queensland. I had the kite for years, but could not think of a way to set it. Then I bought the trilliant, which is an unusual orange-brown colour, and saw that they would go together. The concept is a very schematic version of two snakes. 18K yellow gold.

I toyed with the idea of more realistic snakes, but thought it was too hard to find a sculptor/designer who could make it look right. So I chickened out and went for stylized.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I've shown this already on the Men's Bling thread, but I think it belongs here as well:
ToiEtMoi.jpg

Here is the story I gave there:

I toyed with the idea of more realistic snakes, but thought it was too hard to find a sculptor/designer who could make it look right. So I chickened out and went for stylized.

@Starstruck8, it works so well! I think the stylized design suits the angular shapes of the sapphires. i think the 18k gold complements the color intensity of the sapphires. Thanks for sharing it.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
A @Neptune ring for boys.

I found the comment rather sexist, no? I will totally rock @Starstruck8 awesome ring while a he/him likes to wear mine. Just because I don't throw diamonds to every setting doesn't mean that I'm not a her/she, haha. Hmm, am I being overly sensitive? If you like my ring, thank you.

@Starstruck8 I would love to know if the bezels are tubal. How did your bench create such delish/rich tone of gold? Autumn goals and mouth watering "grapefruit + lemon". If you've posted additional photos of the ring somewhere, please share with us.

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
@Starstruck8 I would love to know if the bezels are tubal. How did your bench create such delish/rich tone of gold? Autumn goals and mouth watering "grapefruit + lemon". If you've posted additional photos of the ring somewhere, please share with us.

Tubal bezel? Not sure I understand. As I understand it, the ring was a single CAD/cast, and the bezels were made by pushing the metal of the cast, then filing and cutting and polishing for the finish. This is why there is a slight ridge on the shoulder side of the trilliant - I would have preferred the shoulder to come up flush, but the jeweller said that he needed a ridge to be able to push the metal. And yes, the different bezel profiles for the two stones was a deliberate choice, to go with their different shapes. Whatever, I'm very impressed with the work.

Here are side views showing the 3-d shape better:
SnakeSide.jpg

The colour of the gold in the photos is kind of a trick of the light. The pics were taken in shadow under a mostly blue sky. So some polished surfaces pick up the sky, some the illuminated green foliage, some the shadow areas, some my skin. The two pics above were taken moments apart but from different directions. That said, the gold does seem a bit browner than for other 18K yellow gold rings by the same jeweller - this was not something we discussed, but it works very well.

I'll buy out of discussions on sexism, but I felt truly flattered to have my ring compared to your magnificent ones.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results